BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 18
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 6:26:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well thank you for saving me the effort. Thought the first episode was pretty good and was looking forward to the rest.
View Quote

Same, I’ll skip the rest.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 6:28:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Episode 3 was great.

Fantastic acting. Great scenes in the beginning and use of time lapses.

Link Posted: 1/30/2023 6:29:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The fuck it is. Its Dr Phil level pop psychology, the type of thing thats been popularized for the vapid and gullible. There have been men for thousands of years that have done lengthy things together like say, explore the world, where they only had each other for company that whole time, and they didnt suddenly say "Hey, I really want to shove my dick up this guys asshole!". Its the same type of bullshit where the left tries to retroactively make any fictional platonic male friendship gay becasue guys "just go gay at the drop of a hat." If a dry spell is enough to make you go gay, you werent that straight in the first place.
View Quote

Well said. Sounded like an excuse to rationalize a "personal" experience.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 6:29:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Why is it always assumed that when you're fed up with universal, in your face faggotry you are secretly a faggot?
Are we not allowed to be disgusted any more?
View Quote

Because it's abnormal to have such a visceral reaction to "the gayz" and a lot of famous people who have had that reaction in the past were caught tapping their feet in restrooms or outed by their gay prostitute.  I don't love it either, but it just made me look away from the screen for a min.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 6:30:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

... Its the same type of bullshit where the left tries to retroactively make any fictional platonic male friendship gay becasue guys "just go gay at the drop of a hat." If a dry spell is enough to make you go gay, you werent that straight in the first place.
View Quote

holy cow exactly this

he's put a lot of thought into the 'justification of gay' angle

somehow millions of men make it through years and years of close physical proximity to other men - Navy, Army, etc -- with many months of lack of female intimacy without becoming gay...  he seems pretty fixated on the 3% or whatever it is
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 6:31:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

There was about 2 minutes of "man love," the remainder of the episode was about two folks who found happiness in each other in an otherwise completely shit situation. It was a good episode...even if the bedroom scene was a bit excessive.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
45 minutes of man love contributed “what” to the story line?

There was about 2 minutes of "man love," the remainder of the episode was about two folks who found happiness in each other in an otherwise completely shit situation. It was a good episode...even if the bedroom scene was a bit excessive.

Lots of GD "doth protest too much", if you know what I mean.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 6:32:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thanks. This is the 3rd time somebody has said that phrase to me. Are you implying I’m an anti gun liberal troll? Fed? Do I need to do an intro about myself?
View Quote

You need to understand that this board is fucking retarded and there are a large group of people who focus on your join date and if it's anytime even remotely recent you are automatically either an undercover liberal troll or you are working for the federal government and spying on some other fucking retarded idea.  These are not smart people, and they use the limited tools at their disposal to attempt to protect what they see as their turf.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 6:34:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You need to understand that this board is fucking retarded and there are a large group of people who focus on your join date and if it's anytime even remotely recent you are automatically either an undercover liberal troll or you are working for the federal government and spying on some other fucking retarded idea.  These are not smart people, and they use the limited tools at their disposal to attempt to protect what they see as their turf.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks. This is the 3rd time somebody has said that phrase to me. Are you implying I'm an anti gun liberal troll? Fed? Do I need to do an intro about myself?

Yet, here you are.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 6:34:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks. This is the 3rd time somebody has said that phrase to me. Are you implying I’m an anti gun liberal troll? Fed? Do I need to do an intro about myself?

So why are you here?
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 6:36:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

What are your other screen names, past and present?
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 6:38:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

So why are you here?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

So why are you here?

Same reason I am on Reddit, it's a place to discuss things that interest me. Doesn't mean I have to agree with everything that happens in either place.

Quoted:

What are your other screen names, past and present?

Just this one.  Not like it takes long to figure out this board.  I took was bombarded with the same retarded "welcome gun enthusiast" messages as soon as I started posting.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 6:38:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Someone is going for the gold medal of being the most blocked account on Arfcom lol
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 6:40:45 PM EDT
[#13]
This episode was like opening a box of Krispy Kreme donuts only to find is filled with radishess. I'm not a radish-phobe but its not a donut. Doesn't belong in the box. Only closet radish lovers would be unperturbed.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 6:43:38 PM EDT
[#14]
It would have been just as stupid of an episode if it was a straight couple.  Did ZERO to advance the story arc.  Zero.  

I signed up for a post apocalyptic action series.   Not this drama BS.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 6:44:59 PM EDT
[#15]
They could of:

Had Bill find a chick in the trap

Bill and Frank could have been two guys surviving together.

Not said anything about a queer relationship or allude to it in one sentence like was in the game.

But they didn't do that.  They showed disgusting and blatant homo sex.

Typical for Hollywood now.

What is more disgusting is how many people just accept it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 6:46:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It would have been just as stupid of an episode if it was a straight couple.  Did ZERO to advance the story arc.  Zero.  

View Quote

Did the dude in the wheelchair (Frank) get MonkeyPox?
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 6:46:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 6:49:19 PM EDT
[#18]
That’s nothing. I made it like 20 minutes into Shameless with three dudes getting buttfucked scenes.

They should have just named the show “Shameless Buttfucking.”
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 6:49:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They never said what he had.  Looked a lot like MS.  I figured if it was a STD of some kind then they would both have it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 6:51:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Agreed, the shooting was the dumbest part of the episode.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The gay stuff didn't bother me, but him standing out in the open taking offhand shots while multiple attackers tried to storm his fence and shot at him was silly.  He seemed way smarter than that.

Let's be real - the dude was alone for years, zero human contact at all, and then he meets someone he shares a lot of the same things from earlier in his life and they connected on a lot of levels (the food, the wine, the music, etc) and it was even presented as he wasn't gay but had a connection with the guy.  Right this second there are thousands of high-testosterone alpha males banging each other in prison, or freezing cold draftees in Donestk trying to stay warm and maybe get a hummer before (or while) a drone takes them out, or wealthy politicians taking off their pants and making drinks for their hammer wielding attackers, but you have a problem with "last two men on earth" kinda thing?  Come on.  You know you would.

Agreed, the shooting was the dumbest part of the episode.

And the fact he was using a fudd gun instead of the FAL shown in the opening of the episode.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 6:54:37 PM EDT
[#21]
The biggest faggotory of the show, was leaving all the firepower in the fucking bunker.   What a waste.  

Link Posted: 1/30/2023 6:59:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

They never said what he had.  Looked a lot like MS.  
View Quote

I assumed he had Lou Gehrigs / ALS....not really sure why, just seemed as though it was a relatively rapid progression. Seems they didn't know which it was, hence the "door to door MRI salesman" quip.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:00:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Is the girl supposed to have downs syndrome in the show?  

She looks downsy from the ad clips I've seen, but I understand in real life she's just english and had acted in Game of Thrones.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:01:37 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm out once I get a wif of "zombie" anyway
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:05:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The gay stuff didn't bother me, but him standing out in the open taking offhand shots while multiple attackers tried to storm his fence and shot at him was silly.  He seemed way smarter than that.

Let's be real - the dude was alone for years, zero human contact at all, and then he meets someone he shares a lot of the same things from earlier in his life and they connected on a lot of levels (the food, the wine, the music, etc) and it was even presented as he wasn't gay but had a connection with the guy.  Right this second there are thousands of high-testosterone alpha males banging each other in prison, or freezing cold draftees in Donestk trying to stay warm and maybe get a hummer before (or while) a drone takes them out, or wealthy politicians taking off their pants and making drinks for their hammer wielding attackers, but you have a problem with "last two men on earth" kinda thing?  Come on.  You know you would.
View Quote
Holy shit.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:07:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Was that a Walther PPK, that Ellie snatched?
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:08:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Holy shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy shit.

Ass reaming inbound…
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:08:38 PM EDT
[#28]
He was gay in the game too
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:08:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

At the end I was left wondering what the middle 40 minutes did to advance the story as well. Whether they were gay or straight had nothing to do with that wonder.

I do enjoy pearl clutching and coping and seething though so there's that.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:09:55 PM EDT
[#30]
It was fucking great!  Then an hour of pointless man on man gay shit.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:10:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

I believe it was.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:17:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's bullshit, no matter what your Scout Master said.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:21:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

He was gay the whole time?
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:22:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is the thing I don’t quite get about the ARF reaction. It’s pretty clear many (most?) here know nothing about the source material.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:23:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Did Frank die because he ran out of his PrEP?
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:24:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
What did you expect?
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:24:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Beretta 34 or 71 probably in 380acp or 32acp.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:24:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

It's HBO, what did you expect?  I'm surprised it took them 3 episodes to show faggotry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Made it 3 episodes before buttesecks, other fem fag stuff like boutiques, and then double suicide.  I heard this was a video game or something and there were fags in it, but man why do they have to show bearded men making out, going to bed together, feeding each other strawberries, and doing butt stuff, killing themselves together, and something about a boutique.  

Dude started out as kind of a badass survivalist, ended up being a pole smoker with HBO shoving their fem faggotry down everyone's throat.  Disappointing.

It's HBO, what did you expect?  I'm surprised it took them 3 episodes to show faggotry.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:26:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

This is the thing I don’t quite get about the ARF reaction. It’s pretty clear many (most?) here know nothing about the source material.
View Quote

I never played the Last of us game.  Was the episode 3 gay scene in the game?
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:27:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
OP I didn’t like the episode either, I’m in it for the guns and zombies and apocalypse shit. Having said that, I have a gay daughter so let’s chill with the hate words like fag. She’s a gun lover, constitutional supporter who happens to have been born attracted to women. Additionally, guys  like you come off as compensating because they’re probably a little bit worried they are gay.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Very woke lmao
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:28:07 PM EDT
[#41]

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:28:50 PM EDT
[#42]
So I should skip the first two episodes?
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:29:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Exactly.  I simply pulled my phone out and fiddled around on it for like the minute or two when they were making out/in bed cause personally, thats a yuck from me, but can't imagine getting super worked up over it.
View Quote

I'm a leftist. I only came here to see how you Ya'll Qaeda terrorist types were reacting to one of your own don't tread on me guys being depicted as gay. I'm telling you that to put this into context: I had to look away too because I also get grossed out. The thing is I've heard gay guys say they get grossed out by seeing a man kiss a woman so I figure it's a natural reaction and nothing to feel bad about
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:29:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
So I should skip the first two episodes?
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:30:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I believe it was.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe it was.
Pretty sure it was a Beretta .32 or .380, maybe a M-70. The old button style safety.

Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:30:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I'm a leftist. I only came here to see how you Ya'll Qaeda terrorist types were reacting to one of your own don't tread on me guys being depicted as gay. I'm telling you that to put this into context: I had to look away too because I also get grossed out. The thing is I've heard gay guys say they get grossed out by seeing a man kiss a woman so I figure it's a natural reaction and nothing to feel bad about
View Quote

Interesting first post.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:35:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:45:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.  I simply pulled my phone out and fiddled around on it for like the minute or two when they were making out/in bed cause personally, thats a yuck from me, but can't imagine getting super worked up over it.

This post is gold, but not for the reasons amisanthrope thinks. Imagine being such a narrow minded bigot to think there aren’t any gay folks around here. He also won’t be instabanned for the post, when a similarly adversarial introduction would absolutely snag one on a few of the popular leftist forums.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:48:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

This post is gold, but not for the reasons amisanthrope thinks. Imagine being such a narrow minded bigot to think there aren’t any gay folks around here. He also won’t be instabanned for the post, when a similarly adversarial introduction would absolutely snag one on a few of the popular leftist forums.
View Quote

CoC #1 edit - ec
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:50:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 18
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top