[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Now I'm glad I never played the game.
View Quote

Latent emotions?
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:45:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Loved the latest episode. Damn, the whole room over here got teary eyed at the end when Frank and Bill was going though their last day. So sad but beautiful as well.

Reminds me of that Death Cab for Cutie song, "That love is watching someone die".
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:48:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That shit has your ass all in a bunch doesn't it.
View Quote

Just like the Libs he's a fan of double standards.  If it was two chicks making out he'd be singing hallelujah and thanking the lord for the visual treat.  But because it was two dudes he's sitting her bitching about what a sin it is.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:51:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
but everyone knows at least one gay person in real life, having them as a portion of a storyline is more than reasonable as long as it's part of the story, and not the whole thing.

View Quote
That's not even remotely true.

I do not personally know a single homosexual person.

This idea that they are everywhere is complete fabricated bullshit
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:53:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

You have to leave the house to have friends Bigtard.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:54:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Why do you keep bringing up pedophiles?
View Quote

Homos, pedos, groomers, same thing.  This is what they are showing children.
The Blue's Clues Pride Parade ???\u200d?? Sing-Along Ft. Nina West!

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:55:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Tells us more about you than the episode.  Whatever.  

I fast forward sex scenes, straight or gay.  The scenes do not add anything to the plot and are there for fillers.   I'd rather they just fade to black and assume we "understand."

When I was watching this episode I thought to myself.  In a pure survival situation, would I rather have a modern woman or a dude that is competent like me?   Aside from the obvious sexual preference, can you think of having an average white American woman with you during a survival situation?  

If the woman was truly competent in these survival matters, would she be interesting in me, as a man?

I mean.  For fucks sake, it's hard without that layer on top.
View Quote
It tells you I have standards for romantic tragedies, and they weren't in a survival situation. Bill was a superhuman do everything man. The extent of their "surviving" was planning a dinner party and domestic dispute over rationing the paint from the home depot because his boyfriend wanted to remodel the town. If they ran out, he might have had to use wallpaper!

If it was done organically, and they were legitimately struggling to survive in a harsh and unforgiving wasteland (you know, the ACTUAL setting of the last of us), and grew closer over that time, it would have probably been decent. There was still no reason to change the source material, but in lieu of that, could have been done well. It just wasn't.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:56:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't know what's more ridiculous. A bunch of people on a gun forum mocking those who don't want to watch men make out in a post apocalyptic tv show, or a bunch of adults justifying homo erotic love stories because "did u even play the game?!?!?"
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:58:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4vHegf3WPU
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why do you keep bringing up pedophiles?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4vHegf3WPU

Seriously you should go start a thread about that and get this pedophilia nonsense out of this thread.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:59:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I fast forward sex scenes, straight or gay.  The scenes do not add anything to the plot and are there for fillers.   I’d rather they just fade to black and assume we “understand.”

When I was watching this episode I thought to myself.  In a pure survival situation, would I rather have a modern woman or a dude that is competent like me?   Aside from the obvious sexual preference, can you think of having an average white American woman with you during a survival situation?  

If the woman was truly competent in these survival matters, would she be interesting in me, as a man?

I mean.  For fucks sake, it’s hard without that layer on top.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree. They gave me no reason to care about Bill or frank, nor get emotionally involved with their story. There's a baseline level of sadness about the death, but without being personally invested in the story, it was an experience that I could emulate by reading the obituaries.

I fast forward sex scenes, straight or gay.  The scenes do not add anything to the plot and are there for fillers.   I’d rather they just fade to black and assume we “understand.”

I mean.  For fucks sake, it’s hard without that layer on top.

Was Frank any more capable or masculine than your average American white woman?
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:59:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It tells you I have standards for romantic tragedies, and they weren't in a survival situation. Bill was a superhuman do everything man. The extent of their "surviving" was planning a dinner party and domestic dispute over rationing the paint from the home depot because his boyfriend wanted to remodel the town. If they ran out, he might have had to use wallpaper!

If it was done organically, and they were legitimately struggling to survive in a harsh and unforgiving wasteland (you know, the ACTUAL setting of the last of us), and grew closer over that time, it would have probably been decent. There was still no reason to change the source material, but it lieu of that, could have been done well. It just wasn't.
View Quote

I mean the episodes are only an hour. What, do you want to watch them spreadsheet out their toilet paper rations? Its a story meant to entertain.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:00:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If it was done organically, and they were legitimately struggling to survive in a harsh and unforgiving wasteland (you know, the ACTUAL setting of the last of us), and grew closer over that time, it would have probably been decent. There was still no reason to change the source material, but it lieu of that, could have been done well. It just wasn't.
View Quote

It does not tell that about you.  At all.  

It’s fine to think that about yourself though.  That you are a man of standards for romantic tragedies.  It’s also fine for that opinion to be completely false.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:00:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
but everyone knows at least one gay person in real life, having them as a portion of a storyline is more than reasonable as long as it's part of the story, and not the whole thing.

Bullshit, you may not know anybody who is out, but you know gay people. Shit, I know very few women who aren't bi or at least bi-curious based upon their time in college.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:00:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You have to leave the house to have friends Bigtard.
View Quote
I leave the house every day. I work in public. I've seen a few. Probably 1-2%  of the population, as the data suggests.

They are not my friends or associates.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:02:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Seriously you should go start a thread about that and get this pedophilia nonsense out of this thread.
View Quote
Why? this thread is about how they are now ruining yet another tv show with their revolting fetishes.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:04:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I mean the episodes are only an hour. What, do you want to watch them spreadsheet out their toilet paper rations? Its a story meant to entertain.
View Quote
Which is about the length of time bill's segment would have been if they stuck to the game's plot, if you cut out the gameplay elements, with maybe a bit of spill over into the next episode, if they really wanted to emphasize some cooler scenes.

It's not my job to teach them how to tell an effective story in the allotted time frame. I've watched six minute shorts that were emotionally impactful. The intro to Up was more emotionally impactful. This was just a boring disappointment.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:05:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well it obviously entertained a handful of people on here that enjoy watching hour long homosexual love stories so I guess they have that going for them.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:08:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Which is about the length of time bill's segment would have been if they stuck to the game's plot, if you cut out the gameplay elements, with maybe a bit of spill over into the next episode, if they really wanted to emphasize some cooler scenes.

It's not my job to teach them how to tell an effective story in the allotted time frame. I've watched six minute shorts that were emotionally impactful. The intro to Up was more emotionally impactful. This was just a boring disappointment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not as boring as your "analysis", which you've repeated ad-nauseum and which now exceeds the length of the segment itself.  Good grief, what a life.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:10:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Why? this thread is about how they are now ruining yet another tv show with their revolting fetishes.
View Quote

No, you are making this thread about it. And it's fucking nonsense.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:14:20 PM EDT
[#20]
I don't understand these uncomfortably long 'love scenes' in any show or movie.
Have a smooch, throw a dinner party, pre or post apocalypse, and we still get it
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:16:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Atleast the episode had a happy ending.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:16:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They should pray the gay away

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:18:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

No, you are making this thread about it. And it's fucking nonsense.
View Quote

It’s not nonsense to everyone.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:20:47 PM EDT
[#24]
I thought the episode was well done. I’m not gay, I also gay people exist in society.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:22:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Grooming for what? The fuck is up with this becoming a thread about pedophilia?
View Quote
It's what they do. Same handful of people in every thread remotely related to gays. I'll leave it at that. I've received a warning about giving too much of my thoughts on them.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:22:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Only 4 more days till the next episode drops and we can temporarily move on, until you all find something else to be offended about in it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:23:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Atleast the episode had a happy ending.
View Quote

Right! It showed Joel starting to realize despite all the bad shit he did in the past he has a chance at redemption by protecting Ellie.

Oh wait that isn't what you mean.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:25:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

A fetish that’s been around as long as people have been around?   That’s a fetish definition?

Quoted:
I don't understand these uncomfortably long 'love scenes' in any show or movie.
Have a smooch, throw a dinner party, pre or post apocalypse, and we still get it
View Quote

I agree.  I usually fast forward all irrelevant love scenes.  Straight or gay.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:27:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
It's what they do. Same handful of people in every thread remotely related to gays. I'll leave it at that. I've received a warning about giving too much of my thoughts on them.
View Quote

itsallsotiresome
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:29:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

A fetish that's been around as long as people have been around?   That's a fetish definition?

View Quote
That's the best argument you can come up with? Bestiality has been around as long as man has been around.  By your logic it's a permissible fetish. oof  
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:30:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

itsallsotiresome
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

itsallsotiresome

GD is putting from the rough and worshiping Ukranian Gods.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:31:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

GD is putting from the rough and worshiping Ukranian Gods.
View Quote

LoL rent free
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:41:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Fast forwarded lol zfg. Still enjoying the show.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:48:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Latent emotions?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now I'm glad I never played the game.

Latent emotions?

Stop your microaggressions.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:53:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I didn't watch it at all, but just to be fair, and so nobody can say I was talking out of my ass, I went back and looked up a lets play to fully refresh my memory on where they're at in the game since I haven't played it since it came out, and then I found episode three. This is one of the worst things I've ever watched in my life. They completely changed the source material. The visuals suck. The cinematography sucks. Most of the casting sucks. Bill is probably the most appropriately cast, but they completely ruined his character, and frankly this entire portion of the story. It feels like a B rated Lifetime movie. Two fruits are out having casual dinner parties and conducting recreational horticulture in a quant New England village, in what should be a nightmare wasteland. Then raiders start waging the tet offensive outside for no reason, and a decade later frank commits euthanasia from terminal HIV, then bill kills himself. The Room is an infinitely better movie than this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Should rewatch for the compound features and upgrades as time went on.  Very solid setup for eotw
I didn't watch it at all, but just to be fair, and so nobody can say I was talking out of my ass, I went back and looked up a lets play to fully refresh my memory on where they're at in the game since I haven't played it since it came out, and then I found episode three. This is one of the worst things I've ever watched in my life. They completely changed the source material. The visuals suck. The cinematography sucks. Most of the casting sucks. Bill is probably the most appropriately cast, but they completely ruined his character, and frankly this entire portion of the story. It feels like a B rated Lifetime movie. Two fruits are out having casual dinner parties and conducting recreational horticulture in a quant New England village, in what should be a nightmare wasteland. Then raiders start waging the tet offensive outside for no reason, and a decade later frank commits euthanasia from terminal HIV, then bill kills himself. The Room is an infinitely better movie than this.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:57:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Only 4 more days till the next episode drops and we can temporarily move on, until you all find something else to be offended about in it.
View Quote

Nah, I'll pass. Just like TWD, Black Sails, and countless other series they have ruined, once they start, they never stop with the gayness. They just keep shoving it in your face. They have shown their hand, I am just glad it was early on so I don't waste time anymore viewing time on it. Not interested in what people do behind closed doors, I don't want to see it when I am viewing television. I certainly don't want to see it interjected frequently to further an agenda I am not interested in, that's not entertainment, in my opinion.

Clearly I am not the intended audience for this series. Y'all enjoy.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:59:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're obsessed with pedophilia which doesn't apply to this fucking show at all
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:02:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe it is because homosexuality (male OR female), pedophilia, bestiality and necrophilia are all abominations, aberrations, and completely dysfunctional sexual behavior that can at most be described as a form of mental illness.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:10:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Maybe it is because homosexuality (male OR female), pedophilia, bestiality and necrophilia are all abominations, aberrations, and completely dysfunctional sexual behavior that can at most be described as a form of mental illness.
View Quote

This x 1000.

Pedophilia is only brought up because it is the line in the sand that morally ambiguous LGBT apologists know not to cross.  At least not yet.  But we all know it's the end game.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:11:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The director's cut is two hours. They literally blew the budget to make a full length gay love movie on the side.

https://i.imgur.com/Ii4N749.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Season 1, Episode 3 WTF

OK HBO YOU FUCKERS...

Just one series, one without all the gay shit. Just one. But NO...can't have that now can we.

Click To View Spoiler

This is why we can't have nice things. Done with this garbage.

The director's cut is two hours. They literally blew the budget to make a full length gay love movie on the side.

https://i.imgur.com/Ii4N749.jpg

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:13:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

and 3 of those things are not in this show, at least up to this point.  Posts 100% about stuff not in this show probably don't belong in a thread about this show.  ya'll need to flip over to the hallmark channel as I don't think your gonna like anything on HBO
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:19:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The world needs more love, not less.

That being said, I could have done without the sex scene.  It really felt forced and I FFed through it.

If it had been a male/female story GD would be "omg what a heart breaking story".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you think this isn’t propaganda to push an agenda you would probably be mistaken.

That being said, I could have done without the sex scene.  It really felt forced and I FFed through it.

If it had been a male/female story GD would be "omg what a heart breaking story".

Yea we need more love but not perverted evil beard man pecker sucking gay "love".
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:21:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Hey man, in post apocalyptic America you do what you gots to do to stay alive.
View Quote

Sounds like Ancient Rome, and everything turned out fine with that.

Oh wait…
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:22:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Oh wait…
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey man, in post apocalyptic America you do what you gots to do to stay alive.

Oh wait…

Plenty of homosexuality and pedophilia in our own empire which is on the verge of epic collapse .... no need to throw stones
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:24:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Username checks out
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:26:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Praise Jesus!  Them there gays are an abomination!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's disgusting and immoral shit.

I'm sure you're surrounded by it in NY.

Praise Jesus!  Them there gays are an abomination!

They are an abomination.

You aren't disgusted by the idea of two men sucking each other off?

Two men pretending to be a family?

Pretending that two men can create a family?

They're willing to lie to kids and fuck them up for their sick fantasy of being a family. Fuck that.

And yes praise Jesus.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:33:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

They are an abomination.

They're willing to lie to kids and fuck them up for their sick fantasy of being a family. Fuck that.

And yes praise Jesus.
View Quote

I guess I have never given two men sucking each other off as much thought as you have.

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:35:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I guess I have never given two men sucking each other off as much thought as you have.

https://media.tenor.com/U3GSJNoPsM8AAAAC/elmo-sesame-street.gif

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are an abomination.

And yes praise Jesus.

This passive aggressive discounting of how Homosexuality has negatively impacted our society as they have risen out of the shadows into broad acceptance says alot more about you and your bullshit than you think.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:36:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

You're like one of those people who buys the wrong thing on Amazon and then leaves a bad review for it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you think this isn’t propaganda to push an agenda you would probably be mistaken.

Love?  In a story about zombies and murder?  Oh please.

The whole story is about love, and how the main character finds it again while taking care of Ellie.

You guys have convinced me not to watch. The commercials made it look cool though.

You're like one of those people who buys the wrong thing on Amazon and then leaves a bad review for it.

No, I read 100 reviews and then put off the purchase so long that I move on to other things.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:37:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

This passive aggressive discounting of how Homosexuality has negatively impacted our society as they have risen out of the shadows into broad acceptance says alot more about you and your bullshit than you think.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are an abomination.

And yes praise Jesus.

this is a thread about a tv show
Page / 18
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top