Quoted:
Walk out.
View Quote

/this

Link Posted: 11/28/2022 7:39:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How do you reconcile this with Matthew 26:52 and Matthew 5:39 serious question not trying to be a prick.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Luke 22:36

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

How do you reconcile this with Matthew 26:52 and Matthew 5:39 serious question not trying to be a prick.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

I don’t have to reconcile it.  The Bible does not contradict itself.

@Tony7189
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 8:30:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Damn, we are all just men. Meet with him and have a man to man discussion about the issue.  Maybe no one has actually done this with him. Some people live in a bubble  and could benefit from a conversation and possibly range day.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 8:34:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

So, go to another church.
My parents did, Dad was Baptist, Mom Presbyterian. It never caused any problems.
(BTW, I'm Methodist. One of our Deacons carries.)
View Quote

Have you seen the Methodist stance on the 2nd amendment?
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 8:40:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Interesting how close religion and lefty politics are. Both with the same goal.
Follow and do as commanded.
Fuck both.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/28/2022 9:04:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Where did the OP go?
View Quote

His wife found them a new forum.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 9:07:29 AM EDT
[#7]
He's just preaching what the 'suburban college-educated white women' want to hear. Me, I probably would have dropped a 147g Golden Saber in the collection plate in lieu of money just to send a message. On the other hand, they might be drama queens who would view that message as 'a threat of gun violence,' so don't do that unless you get together with a bunch of like-minded guys that will all do the same.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 9:11:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I don't personally know of any Methodist churches here that condone that behavior and assumed it was mostly an issue in California and other liberal areas. We haven't branched off and seemingly nothing has changed for us one way or another.
View Quote

The Methodist church is antigun.
https://www.umc.org/en/content/ways-united-methodists-can-take-a-stand-against-gun-violence
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 9:20:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Why would you go to that church?
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 9:36:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Amen, good preaching

Added the part in red
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The New Covenant is that Christ died for man's sins offering forgiveness for sins.

Defense of the innocent, Self defense, defense of loved ones, defense of neighbors, defense of country,defense of fellow Christians is not a sin...
it's actually a required duty.
Christ is going to return as a conquering King...a warrior King...
Christ is the Word of God
Heaven and earth may pass away but the Word of God last's forever.
Everything that was created was created by Him
The law hasn't passed away Jesus fulfilled the Law

Amen, good preaching

Added the part in red

The Sixth Commandment, properly understood, obligates us to defend ourselves and others who are innocent.  Here is the summary found in Westminster Larger Catechism questions 134-36, which is very good:

Q. 134. Which is the sixth commandment?
A. The sixth commandment is, Thou shalt not kill.

Q. 135. What are the duties required in the sixth commandment?
A. The duties required in the sixth commandment are, all careful studies, and lawful endeavors, to preserve the life of ourselves and others by resisting all thoughts and purposes, subduing all passions, and avoiding all occasions, temptations, and practices, which tend to the unjust taking away the life of any; by just defense thereof against violence, patient bearing of the hand of God, quietness of mind, cheerfulness of spirit; a sober use of meat, drink, physic, sleep, labor, and recreations; by charitable thoughts, love, compassion, meekness, gentleness, kindness; peaceable, mild and courteous speeches and behavior; forbearance, readiness to be reconciled, patient bearing and forgiving of injuries, and requiting good for evil; comforting and succoring the distressed, and protecting and defending the innocent.

Q. 136. What are the sins forbidden in the sixth commandment?
A. The sins forbidden in the sixth commandment are, all taking away the life of ourselves, or of others, except in case of public justice, lawful war, or necessary defense; the neglecting or withdrawing the lawful and necessary means of preservation of life; sinful anger, hatred, envy, desire of revenge; all excessive passions, distracting cares; immoderate use of meat, drink, labor, and recreations; provoking words, oppression, quarreling, striking, wounding, and whatsoever else tends to the destruction of the life of any.

This is the stated doctrine of my church and all Bible-believing Presbyterians.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 9:38:26 AM EDT
[#11]
That will show him!
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 9:39:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Find a new church. One that preaches The Bible.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/28/2022 10:38:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Lutheran.  Small church but in a big city.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Methodist I presume?

Might as well go unitarian if this is how they do it.

Here is Martin Luther himself on armed violence:

When Sylvester Prierias attacked Luther with finesse, Luther retorted with calculated violence.
“If we punish thieves with the yoke, highwaymen with the sword, and heretics with fire, why do we not rather assault these monsters of perdi- tion, these cardinals, these popes, and the whole swarm of the Roman Sodom, who corrupt without end the church of God - why do we not rather assault them with all arms and wash our hands in their blood?”

Link Posted: 11/28/2022 10:58:25 AM EDT
[#14]
OP - your pastor is advocating for a monopoly on guns on behalf of the government.
That sort of thing didn't work out too well for Jews in Germany and other parts of Europe

They say it can never happen again...but it did...Soviet Union under Stalin, China under Mao, Cambodia under Pol Pot,
Rwanda and Burundi, the Balkan Wars

It also happened before Adolf came along...what the Turks did to the Armenians

It's said that the road to Hell is paved with Good Intentions...much like it was Good Intentions that started Prohibition only to end up with the Mafia and gunfights...or the War on Drugs only to end up with the Cartels....

OP you should very seriously consider finding another church with a different pastor
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:54:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Be a man and tell your wife how you feel and move to another church.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 1:24:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Lutheran.
View Quote

Probably also a democrat that believes abortion is ok and would not object to transgender children's church.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 1:48:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Consider he is talking about the wife and does not include himself as a believer, it doesn't sound like he wants to be there.

If he was a believer and understood the aspect of only preaching the truth from the pulpit, he would have a wife in agreement and not be afraid to challenge what was said or walk out the door.
View Quote

Boom.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 1:51:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Find a new pastor
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 1:55:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/well.gif

Probably also a democrat that believes abortion is ok and would not object to transgender children's church.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lutheran.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/well.gif

You don't know many LCMS Lutherans, do you?

Link Posted: 11/28/2022 2:00:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

ELCA
View Quote

ELCA is woke trash.   Became disgusted and said enough was enough.  

Left years ago for Missouri Synod.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 2:16:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

@Tony7189
View Quote

Thats under the Old Covenant God made with the Jews.

Christ fulfilled that Covenant and we are now under the New Covenant.

There is a difference. For example -

Under the Old, adulterers were to be put to death.

Under the New, while adultery still carries the same eternal penalty as always, it's handled differently here on earth.

For example, read the account of the Pharisees bringing to Christ, the woman taken in adultery.
See how Christ handled the situation and how he changed the focal point.

Link Posted: 11/29/2022 8:38:31 AM EDT
[#22]
I only read thru the first page of comments.....  If the leader of the church holds such a contradictory position on something so basic to your beliefs, I would wonder What else is the church teaching that you might object to?  The social decay has spread into and then back out from churches for years.  You have to monitor them just as hard as you would a school.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:18:24 AM EDT
[#23]
My Catholic priest owns guns and actively shoots.   Our church is in a bad area and he doesn’t admit to carrying during Mass but he’s hinted that he does.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:21:26 AM EDT
[#24]
I am sure next week's sermon will be about the scourge of cars today because so many die from auto accidents and drunk driving....right?
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 10:52:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My Catholic priest owns guns and actively shoots.   Our church is in a bad area and he doesn't admit to carrying during Mass but he's hinted that he does.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
My Catholic priest owns guns and actively shoots.   Our church is in a bad area and he doesn't admit to carrying during Mass but he's hinted that he does.

Did the first clue look like this?

1. In the beginning was the 1911, and the 1911 was THE pistol, and it was good. And behold the Lord said, "Thou shalt not muck with my disciple John's design for it is good and it workith. For John made the 1911, and lo all of his weapons, from the designs which I, the Lord, gave him upon the mountain."

2. "And shouldst thou muck with it, and hang all manner of foul implements upon it, and profane its internal parts, thou shalt surely have malfunctions, and in the midst of battle thou shalt surely come to harm."

3. And as the ages passed men in their ignorance and arrogance didst forget the word of the Lord and began to profane the 1911. The tribe of the gamesman did place recoil spring guides and extended slide releases upon the 1911 and their metal smiths didst tighten the tolerances and alter parts to their liking, their clearness of mind being clouded by lust.

4. Their artisans did hang all manner of foul implements upon the 1911 and did so alter it that it became impractical to purchase. For lo, the artisans didst charge a great tax upon the purchasers of the 1911 so that the lowly field worker could not afford one. And the profaning of the internal parts didst render it unworkable when the dust of the land fell upon it, and these profaners didst try and fit more rounds of ammunition into the magazines than the holy number of seven, appointed for the .45.

5. And lo, they didst install adjustable sights, which are an abomination unto the Lord. For they doth break and lose their zero when thou dost need true aim. And those who have done so will be slain in great numbers by their enemies in the great battle, And they didst chamber it for cartridges who's calibers startith with numbers less than the Holy Number 4.  And lo the Lord did cause great grief amongst these men when their enemies who were struck in battle with these lesser numbers didst not fall but did continue to cause great harm.

6. And it came to pass that the Lord didst see the abomination wrought by man and didst cause, as he had warned, fearful malfunctions to come upon the abominations and upon the artisans who thought they could do no wrong.

7. Seeing the malfunctions and the confusion of men, the lord of the underworld did see an opportunity to further ensnare man and didst bring forth pistols made of plastic, whose form was such that they looked and felt like a brick, yet the eyes of man being clouded, they were consumed by the plastic pistol and did buy vast quantities of them.

8. And being a deceitful spirit, the lord of the underworld did make these plastic pistols unamenable to the artisans of earth and they were unable to muck much with the design, and lo these pistols did appear to function.

9. And the evil one also brought forth pistols in which the trigger didst both cock and fire them and which require a "dingus" to make them appear safe.

10. But man being stupid did not understand these new pistols and didst proceed to shoot themselves with the plastic pistol and with the trigger cocking pistols for lo their manual of arms required great intelligence which man had long since forsaken. Yet man continue to gloat over these new pistols blaming evil forces for the negligent discharges which they themselves had committed.

11. And when man had been totally ensnared with the plastic pistol, the lord of the underworld didst cause a plague of the terrible Ka-Boom to descend upon man and the plastic pistols delivered their retribution upon men. And there was a great wailing and gnashing of teeth in the land.

12. Then seeing that the eyes of man were slowly being opened and that man was truly sorrowful for his sinful misdeeds, the Lord did send his messengers in the form of artisans who did hear and obey the teachings of the prophet and who didst restore the profaned 1911s to their proper configuration, and lo, to the amazement of men they didst begin to work as the prophet had intended.

13. And the men of the land didst drive out the charlatans and profaners from the land, and there was joy and peace in the land, except for the evil sprits which tried occasionally to prey on the men and women of the land and who were sent to the place of eternal damnation by the followers of John.

Link Posted: 11/29/2022 10:55:58 AM EDT
[#26]
bullet in the collection plate?
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 11:07:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
bullet in the collection plate?
View Quote

What would the Anglican church do?

I'm thinking that a copy of the e-receipt for your donation to (SAF/FPC/state gun rights group) would be much less likely to be inferred as a physical threat.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 11:18:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Jesus only intended for us to have muskets.  
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 12:21:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Sounds like he doesn't know what Jesus stood for.  Turn the other cheek isn't to allow people to be slaughtered
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 12:27:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
There is a scourge of guns in the hands of people that are unable to exercise control.
View Quote

There is a scourge of words in the mouths of people that are unable to exercise control.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 12:31:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Our pastors encourages the men and women of the congregation to carry.  We have a security team that has trained together in the past.  I would find another church.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 12:35:14 PM EDT
[#32]
I believe in God but stay away from Religion
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 12:37:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.  Our pastor packs.  
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 12:40:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
in lieu of the collection plate, I donated to the FPC today when i got home.
View Quote

I would have left during his service and not gone back.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 12:44:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

ELCA, I’m sure.  Can’t stand what the ELCA has become.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 12:47:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Should have walked out in the middle of this bull shit.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 12:50:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Found another problem.
View Quote

Yep, if he never said "I do" he wouldn't be in this situation.

MGTOW thread!
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 12:52:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Did he also preach about "undocumented migrants" and gay rights?
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 1:06:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Missouri synod, our version of commandments is, "thou shalt not murder".   Sometimes righteous killing is necessary.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 1:08:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
It's time to find a new church.
View Quote

And let them know why you are leaving, too.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 1:18:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

What would the Anglican church do?

I'm thinking that a copy of the e-receipt for your donation to (SAF/FPC/state gun rights group) would be much less likely to be inferred as a physical threat.
View Quote

How about an empty case then?  My nephew had one, .22LR, in his car.  Going into Canada it caused the border patrol to toss all his belongings on the side of the road.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 1:26:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Tony7189
View Quote

Thats under the Old Covenant God made with the Jews.

Christ fulfilled that Covenant and we are now under the New Covenant.

There is a difference. For example -

Under the Old, adulterers were to be put to death.

Under the New, while adultery still carries the same eternal penalty as always, it's handled differently here on earth.

For example, read the account of the Pharisees bringing to Christ, the woman taken in adultery.
See how Christ handled the situation and how he changed the focal point.

View Quote

So the Old Testament is to be total disregarded?  I don’t think so.  The scripture I quoted is just as true now as it was then.  Christ didn’t do away with the law, he fulfilled it.  It’s still true.

Matthew 5:17
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 1:29:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

What do ya know the same cunts that put 114 on the ballet in Oregon. Im sensing a theme with that faith.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What do ya know the same cunts that put 114 on the ballet in Oregon. Im sensing a theme with that faith.

The ELCA in Portland is a social agitation front and is not Lutheran in any meaningful sense.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 1:32:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Either find a new church...

Or

Find a new pastor...
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 1:59:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
There is a scourge of guns in the hands of people that are unable to exercise control.
View Quote
May I suggest: There is a scourge of people that are unable to exercise control of themselves and are hell bent to destroy their community using all means available to them, including guns.  But what was once called "political correctness", now called wokeness, doesn't allow for those people to be held accountable for their actions and misdeeds.  Instead, the upheaval is being used for political gain, power grab and undermining & undoing our civil liberties so that the USA is no longer a Constitutional Republic, but a totalitarian governed country by self appointed/rigged voting means.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 1:59:45 PM EDT
[#46]

I would have stood up and walked out.  

I would have then contacted every deacon in the church and demanded a vote to remove the pastor for playing politics from the pulpit.  

Politics is evil and thus he brought evil into a house of worship and deserves to be gone.

Link Posted: 11/29/2022 2:26:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

ELCA, I’m sure.  Can’t stand what the ELCA has become.
View Quote

ELCA and the Episcopalians are in bed with each other. That should be enough for anyone to tell what the ELCA is.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 2:27:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Politics have NO place in the pulpit. At all. I don’t care which way you lean.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 2:29:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Your church sucks.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 2:30:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Jesus never said anything about getting involved in politics, just the opposite, “pay back Caesar’s things to Caesar, but God’s thing’s to god.  

Tell any preacher that starts mixing religion and politics about that.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top