Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 3:47:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I run the armed security detail at my church.  We train and have primary responsibility, but all are welcome to carry.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 3:48:48 PM EDT
[#2]

I provide armed security and training to some local churches.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 3:49:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

ELCA
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Missouri Synod or ELCA? Big differences in the two of them.

ELCA

Sorry to hear. ELCA has been full of loony leftists for a long time. LCMS or WELS are where it's at.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 3:51:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It's time to find a new church.
View Quote

Time to rally the Deacons against the pastor.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 3:52:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The first murder in history was when Cain killed Abel with a rock.
Did God complain about the scourge of rocks?
Did God say we need to sue the manufacturer of that rock?
Did God say we should ban rocks?
Nope, nope, nope.
God placed the blame squarely where it belonged...
He banished Cain.
View Quote
One day this popped up on my FB feed... If God had banned rocks after Cain slew Abel, David would have been defenseless against Goliath.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 3:53:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not the pastor, it's the whole employ of the church up to the top.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 3:54:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I would have just got up and left.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/27/2022 3:55:04 PM EDT
[#8]
OP finds out the difference between religion and faith today.

Or he doesn't.

Link Posted: 11/27/2022 3:55:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'm not religious, but the wife is.
View Quote

So, go to another church.
My parents did, Dad was Baptist, Mom Presbyterian. It never caused any problems.
(BTW, I'm Methodist. One of our Deacons carries.)
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 3:56:46 PM EDT
[#10]
How you supposed to be a Good Samaritan or Your Brothers Keeper or Love Your Neighbor As Yourself...
When they are being attacked by armed thugs if you don't have a gun and are proficient in it's use?
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 3:59:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You still going back though?

Wow.

I don’t feel sorry for men like you.  You chose your lifestyle.  But to live like that is simply unimaginable.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 4:00:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Religion
SMDH
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 4:01:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I left my church when the pastor told me Michael Brown was a black kid murdered out of racial violence.   He was supposed to be Southern Baptist.  Got up and walked out after he said the words.  Deacon came chasing me down outside.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 4:10:59 PM EDT
[#14]
By him a copy of Hitlers Cross by Erwin Lutzer before you leave
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 4:12:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
There is a scourge of guns in the hands of people that are unable to exercise control.
View Quote
FIFY
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 4:13:52 PM EDT
[#16]
I would have gotten up and walked out.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 4:14:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Find a new church. One that preaches The Bible.
View Quote

This X 1000

Link Posted: 11/27/2022 4:15:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Find a way to get the pastor kicked out of the church. Everyone saying to find a new church is wrong. Why allow that windbag an open mic? Stop surrendering every fight by walking away (find a new church, move to a free state, shop elsewhere, etc) and fucking stand and fight.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 4:18:25 PM EDT
[#19]
I would have walked out
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 4:18:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Any idea the numbers of people killed and permanently maimed annually by automobiles, including women and children?

Yet the preacher calmly walked out to his Escalade after the sermon and drove to his golf date.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 4:19:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

then set the tone and attend to a Godly Church and lead your wife as the Bible instructs.

she wants to be led.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 4:21:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

I've moved to a different church due to politics preached from the pulpit.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 4:22:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

ELCA
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ELCA

Not even Lutheran. Pedophiles in pastors clothing.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 4:23:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I’m not an expert but doesn’t the bible say she has to listen to you?
View Quote

Kinda but technically it says that the man is supposed to take the lead in the families relationship with Christ.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 4:24:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Should have stood up and walked out, and never go back.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 4:27:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ELCA

WELS have pederasts, too. and shuffle them around like the catholics do - but the papists are on a much larger scale.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 4:27:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Why not stop in and talk to him about the error of his thinking.
Print out a few of the government mass slaughters including Waco in case he wants to say never in America, the stories of a couple of our members here who had to defend themselves, and the stats of hammers, feet and fists killing more people each compared to AR's.
Also can use an example of one the smaller, usually female church members, and ask what she's supposed when a violent ex con is breaking down her door.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 4:29:13 PM EDT
[#28]
When a visiting priest at our church stared in on his leftist theology, we got up and walked out on him in the middle of his rant. About a half a dozen families followed suit.  It caused quit a stir. The Arch Bishop of the diocese called me personally the following morning to discuss what was said. He assured me it wouldn’t happen again.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 4:30:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Lutheran.  Small church but in a big city.
View Quote

Has to be ELCA. The Missouri Synod seems too conservative for that BS.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 4:32:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lutheran.  Small church but in a big city.

I agree, at least currently. We need to be vigilant to prevent the progressive creep from coming into our church.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 4:33:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

ELCA
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ELCA

That’s what I figured. I walked away from ELCA decades ago. Actually, they walked away from me.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 4:34:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
LOL. My preacher is strapped.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/27/2022 4:34:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's exactly what I did when mine went that way.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 4:37:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
When a visiting priest at our church stared in on his leftist theology, we got up and walked out on him in the middle of his rant. About a half a dozen families followed suit.  It caused quit a stir. The Arch Bishop of the diocese called me personally the following morning to discuss what was said. He assured me it wouldn’t happen again.
View Quote

That is actually very encouraging.  And good for you.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 4:38:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/27/2022 4:39:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I would show him this.  'But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it... and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one'." (Luke
22:36).
View Quote

That verse doesn't mean what you think it means.

The sword refers to the living word of God in the battle against sin. See verses 49-51.

Want an additional meaning? Giving up one's garment and buying a sword refers to surrendering the body to the sword of martyrdom.

More cites:

Ephesians 6:14-17
14Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God

Hebrews 4:12
12For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 4:40:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I would show him this.  'But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it... and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one'." (Luke
View Quote

I'd drop something in the offering with that verse on it and mention that you'll contribute to 2AF in the pastor's name every time guns are mentioned in a negative light.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 4:40:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Walk out.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/27/2022 4:42:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The sword refers to the living word of God in the battle against sin. See verses 49-51.

Want an additional meaning? Giving up one's garment and buying a sword refers to surrendering the body to the sword of martyrdom.

More cites:

14Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God

12For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
View Quote

You sure? Cause his followers literally go out and procure TWO right after that.

Luke 22:38 - His disciples were packing and they used them to defend Jesus. Something, something...a dude got his ear cut off with one.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 4:44:07 PM EDT
[#40]
When the vax first came out, our pastor's opening prayer included..."and God bless the vaccinated."  I stopped going after that.  That is not a Christian church, it's a social club.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 4:44:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Why do you and your wife attend this specific church? Did she grow up in it? Closest one?
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/27/2022 4:44:16 PM EDT
[#42]
I sat in church today with a Hellcat and a reload.  Pastor carries an lcp out of convenience but he has a g27. Assistant pastor carries a1911. We have a breakfast/range day yearly.  Several members carry. When the service starts the entrance is watched by a retired highway patrol officer that is armed. Small independent Baptist church
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 4:44:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
There is a scourge of guns in the hands of people that are unable to exercise control.
View Quote

There is. People here pretending otherwise is absurd.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 4:44:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

More cites:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More cites:

I disagree. Look at Luke 22:38. He says 2 swords is enough. It seems to reference swords directly as a defensive weapon. I can be wrong and am open to interpretations, just calling it like I see it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 4:44:49 PM EDT
[#45]
It was God fearing Christian men that gave us the Constitution and the 2nd Amendment.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 4:51:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I don't personally know of any Methodist churches here that condone that behavior and assumed it was mostly an issue in California and other liberal areas. We haven't branched off and seemingly nothing has changed for us one way or another.
View Quote

If you go to the UMC website you'll find (or you used to find) tons of interviews with UMC pastors who are 100% on board with the gay agenda.   There was one pastor saying the prayer of confession claiming the church had been disobedient to God because the church failed to follow the laity through all the modern social gyrations...and she was angry at the traditional people who were "causing problems."

You can go online and see a ton of UMC churches all across the nation with rainbow flags hung out front.  I'm in a rural part of Virginia and had been going to a UMC church that is in the Charlottesville District.  Some churches here are full on-board, and the rest will bend their knee if told to...they have long familial ties to the facility.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 4:57:10 PM EDT
[#47]
If that happened to me, my biggest problem would have been catching up to my wife and diving into a moving car before she put the pedal to the metal, slinging rocks everywhere while exiting the parking lot.
Not kidding.
Love that woman.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 5:00:43 PM EDT
[#48]
My pastor carries while doing his sermon. We also have an armed security team and the church is locked down once service begins.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 5:00:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

You sure? Cause his followers literally go out and procure TWO right after that.

Luke 22:38 - His disciples were packing and they used them to defend Jesus. Something, something...a dude got his ear cut off with one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More cites:

Luke 22:38
38So they said, “Lord, look, here are two swords.”

And He said to them, “It is enough.”

"It is enough" is translated as: "enough of this".

Supporting cites:

Mark 14:41
41Then He came the third time and said to them, “Are you still sleeping and resting? It is enough! The hour has come; behold, the Son of Man is being betrayed into the hands of sinners.

Deuteronomy 3:26
26“But the Lord was angry with me on your account, and would not listen to me. So the Lord said to me: ‘Enough of that! Speak no more to Me of this matter.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 5:01:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

More cites:

View Quote

It doesn’t mean that either.  The very next verse tells the reader the swords are to fulfill an OT prophecy.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top