Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 10:54:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Question...

Is the HPG extra $100+ cost worth it over something like this?
For the poors

I know.  GBPSE
View Quote
I have an original kit bag from Hills and I use it mainly for ATVing on rocky trails.   My trail buddy purchased a cheap no name knockoff and within one trail ride the seams were splitting and one of the side connections broke.   Mine is still good as new.   Whats that saying, buy once cry once.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 12:49:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have an original kit bag from Hills and I use it mainly for ATVing on rocky trails.   My trail buddy purchased a cheap no name knockoff and within one trail ride the seams were splitting and one of the side connections broke.   Mine is still good as new.   Whats that saying, buy once cry once.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Question...

Is the HPG extra $100+ cost worth it over something like this?
For the poors

I know.  GBPSE
But as stated, it is a good way to see if the concept works for you.  I have a couple of those cheap amazon bags, they make good small tool kit bags once you decide it's time to upgrade.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 12:50:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Good stuff
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 12:57:46 PM EDT
[#4]
When i kayaked and hiked more i used their heavy recon kit bag.  It is built as well as any other quality gear brand.  Something i did do was add a longer zipper pull with some 550 cord to make pulling it open faster/easier to access my pistol.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:37:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I’m pretty ok with that. We don’t expect to see a ton of people when we are there.

Ordered one just now. Used a high-feedback eBay seller.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good quality gear, but may as well wear a day-glow vest that says “I’M CARRYING”.

I’m pretty ok with that. We don’t expect to see a ton of people when we are there.

Ordered one just now. Used a high-feedback eBay seller.

I live and work in a National Park area.  Lots of hiking and rock climbing and stuff going on.  Nobody gives my chest pack a second look.  They wont yours either.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:46:53 AM EDT
[#6]
As I recall it's some combination of a wool hood, fur trousers, metal spiked gauntlets, leather shirts and some type of pelt as a cloak.  At least assuming everyone dressed like the chieftain.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top