BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:36:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don't remember the last time I saw a post that was more disconnected from reality.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Against monumental federal government opposition to fun cars like Chrysler produced, I’m actually surprised the Challenger and Charger performance variants survived as long as they did.

Driven a few, never owned one, but I sure will miss them.

The federal government will destroy Jeep next.

The manufacturers could have all stood together & simply told the EPA "no, we're not building those."
The EPA would have had to cave, otherwise there would be no new vehicles & they would be responsible for crushing the market...

I don't remember the last time I saw a post that was more disconnected from reality.

No different than when all the gun manufacturers said they wouldn't make "smart" guns...
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:42:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote

Where's the seeds?
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:49:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

No different than when all the gun manufacturers said they wouldn't make "smart" guns...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Against monumental federal government opposition to fun cars like Chrysler produced, I’m actually surprised the Challenger and Charger performance variants survived as long as they did.

Driven a few, never owned one, but I sure will miss them.

The federal government will destroy Jeep next.

The manufacturers could have all stood together & simply told the EPA "no, we're not building those."
The EPA would have had to cave, otherwise there would be no new vehicles & they would be responsible for crushing the market...

Not really.

The American civilian gun industry is relatively localized, it's tiny compared to the automotive sector, and it was never really feasible to make a "smart gun" until fairly recently.

The global auto industry is absolutely massive, there are a dozen or so multi billion dollar groups/corporations, they have to build things for the entire world, and it takes 5+ years to develop a new generation of an existing model using mostly existing technologies. ICEs are facing bans in the EU, California, Isreal, New Zealand, and even some nations in Africa and South America.

Even if the traditional "American" companies like Ford, GM, and Chrysler were unwilling to play ball, companies like Tesla, Volkswagen Auto Group, and Nissan were always going to jump in. The only choices automakers had were to join the EV arms race or die.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:07:53 AM EDT
[#4]
You heard it. Dump that dodge stock next year.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:27:25 AM EDT
[#5]
What a way to kill their business!
EV's are for SUCKERS!!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 2:32:37 AM EDT
[#6]
If not for these, what do they sell worth buying?  Even if I WANTED an EV, I would buy something other than Chrysler.  The ONLY things they make worth buying are V-8 muscle cars.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 2:57:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Wow police fleets are gonna be fucked. No crown vics, no Tahoe and now no chargers. Brilliant move what dumbasses
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 4:46:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Nissan better start upping Altima production.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A certain segment of the population will not be pleased.

Nissan better start upping Altima production.

Came here to say this
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 5:30:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
FEPA

That said there is no denying that electric cars can offer some seriously impressive performance.

However nothing will ever evoke the same emotions as a healthy sounding ICE.
View Quote

"VROOM! VROOM!!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 5:30:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Sounds like a great plan if their goal is to cut sales.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 5:35:05 AM EDT
[#11]
We are not ready for EVs.  Those idiot climate change worshipers are prepared to cause an economic disaster to find out.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 5:35:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Sounds like a great plan if their goal is to cut sales.
View Quote

Sales "and their own throats" in market share.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 5:36:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My stable.

View Quote

1, 4, 2, 3
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 5:51:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Wow police fleets are gonna be fucked. No crown vics, no Tahoe and now no chargers. Brilliant move what dumbasses
View Quote

Pretty sure I see brand new Tahoes on the road. Or did they just stop using them as cop cars ?
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 6:14:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Even if they weren't discontinuing the Charger, Stellantis discontinued the Hemi + AWD version last year. This combo seems to be the preferred favorite in areas with winter weather, and now the only way to get AWD has been to go with the Pursuit V6 model.

https://moparinsiders.com/the-2021-dodge-charger-pursuit-enforcer-is-ready-for-patrol/

Pursuit Durangos for everyone, I guess.

At least they are bringing the Hellcat version back for a bit.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 6:15:27 AM EDT
[#16]
One way or another they will force EV's on all of us and we will like it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 6:18:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Does anyone really admit they give two shits about a damned ol dodge anyways?
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 6:40:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have no interest in paying $50k or more for a EV and I sure won't be buying a used EV either.  I don't understand why hybrid technology isn't the focus since it provides the best of both worlds IMO.
View Quote

Because they want you to suffer with the worst of both worlds.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 6:44:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
In June of 2021, the EV mustang outsold the gasoline version. So far in 2022, Ford has sold every EV mustang that they have produced.  In April, they stopped taking new orders because they cannot meet market demand.

I have no idea of Dodge will make an EV version of their sports cars or if they will see the success that Ford is having, but they aren't doing it because they are dumb.  Arfcom is a very small slice of the world.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get woke , Go Broke. Muh climate change!
FEVs. They will be bankrupt in no time.
V8 power is all they had going for them.
In June of 2021, the EV mustang outsold the gasoline version. So far in 2022, Ford has sold every EV mustang that they have produced.  In April, they stopped taking new orders because they cannot meet market demand.

I have no idea of Dodge will make an EV version of their sports cars or if they will see the success that Ford is having, but they aren't doing it because they are dumb.  Arfcom is a very small slice of the world.

Now the question you need to ask is did they deprioritize real Mustang construction because muh chips make more money in the EV amorphous blob with a pony badge or in an F-series/SUV to the point where it would artificially skew sales figures in favor of the electric shitbox?

My guess would be yes.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 6:46:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Are they discontinuing their police fleet offerings too? That's a huge market to flush down the toilet.

Just ask Ford and GM. They'll tell you.
View Quote

The cops all drive SUVs now
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 6:51:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Suicide
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 6:55:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Ah so they will go back to having exactly zero things worth buying.  Noted.
View Quote

Some people seem to like their pickup trucks. Doesn't matter what the label says, it's still a Dodge.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 6:57:33 AM EDT
[#23]
EV's and Eyetalian automaker lords, Bwa HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

The ''random'' and ''unexplained'' car fires are going to be epic.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 6:59:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
We are not ready for EVs.  Those idiot climate change worshipers are prepared to cause an economic disaster to find out.
View Quote

The price of used ICE cars to the moon! People are going to be left with either a brand new $$$ electric or a used shit box ICE for slightly less $$$ once again fucking the middle class missionary and the lower class up the ass lol.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 7:01:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Shareholders tend to get really angry when you tell them that you gave up billions in free cheese from the government to stand on principle.

Then they decide you're not right to lead the company, vote you out, and replace you with someone more willing to gobble the government's cock for the taxpayer funded bukkake session.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 7:03:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I realize that, why didn't they do a modern remake?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sorry man.  There never was a 'Cuda.

They can make it a truck type platform.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 7:07:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I for one, will never buy an EV based on principle alone, fuck these cocksuckers.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/16/2022 7:14:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The price of used ICE cars to the moon! People are going to be left with either a brand new $$$ electric or a used shit box ICE for slightly less $$$ once again fucking the middle class missionary and the lower class up the ass lol.
View Quote

Jokes on them... both cars have lifetime warranties.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:18:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Shareholders tend to get really angry when you tell them that you gave up billions in free cheese from the government to stand on principle.

Then they decide you're not right to lead the company, vote you out, and replace you with someone more willing to gobble the government's cock for the taxpayer funded bukkake session.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder how shareholders are going to feel when nobody buys their new products...
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:24:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Well bummer, I was hoping to score a Hellcat engine & transmission for my jeep from
A wrecked Hellcat
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:24:39 AM EDT
[#31]
This is racism
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:25:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Well bummer, I was hoping to score a Hellcat engine & transmission for my jeep from
A wrecked Hellcat
View Quote

They'll still be selling the hellcrates, along with the computer & wiring harness to retrofit it into something else if you need it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:41:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Lol this.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:50:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Hard to imagine this won't be a bad decision on their part. Changing their most popular sports car won't go well by going electric.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:53:29 AM EDT
[#35]
This is old news. A year ago they already said they were going to end the SRT program.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:53:48 AM EDT
[#36]
But they are bringing back the Hell Cat Durango for 23….. I started this morning working out how to sell my 20 392 so I can order a Hell Cat 23…??
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:56:42 AM EDT
[#37]
They had already said that the Hemi is going away, and both of these cars have remained relatively unchanged for over a decade.  They've made incremental improvements, but no new body/platform/chassis.

With the v8 going away, they had a choice to completely redo the cars/platform for a turbo I6, which includes all the associated costs of making a new platform for the new engine, or save that money for EV development and kill it completely.

Obviously we know what they chose.

I can't say i'm surprised, because i'm sure they did some internal poling and figured out that a lot of buyers in the Charger/Challenger crowd would turn their nose up at a new model that no longer had a V8.

I don't think this means they get out of the performance market, i think it means we'll see something new in performance EV.

Maybe, just maybe, if the market clamors enough for it, they might bring out a new performance I6 car, i'm just not sure if they will or not. The I6 seemed more of a truck application because they know that market just isn't ready for full EV yet, due to range and towing considerations.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:57:00 AM EDT
[#38]
My old wide body charger might be worth something one day.

just had it painted not long ago.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:59:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
What the actual FUCK?

The flagship vehicles of the Dodge line, the only passenger cars of the brand that anybody recognizes, will be cancelled. Seriously?
View Quote
EV gods have spoken!!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 9:00:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Hopefully they will bring back the stratus
View Quote
Aries K FTW!
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 9:00:52 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I will keep my 392 scatpack forever as well.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/177719/20200201_210212-1260652.jpg

View Quote

And by "forever", you mean 5-7 years when it rattles apart.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 9:02:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Hard to imagine this won't be a bad decision on their part. Changing their most popular sports car won't go well by going electric.
View Quote

What difference does it make? They will just get another taxpayer bailout when they go tits up again. That's their reward for being good little commies and falling in line with the party's marching orders.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 9:03:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The Charger should've looked like a Charger.
View Quote

Agreed.  In my AO all the police drive Chargers.  That sounds like a stupid decision to kill the Charger for that market alone.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 9:04:57 AM EDT
[#44]
I keep on saying this… but we are at that point where car enthusiasts should buy that car they been wanting for a while. Then plan to keep it forever. In the not too distant future they really won’t make them like that anymore.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 9:05:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sorry man.  There never was a 'Cuda.

Probably because the are Dodge and not Plymouth.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 9:09:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Taking an honest assessment of the "shift" to EVs and renewable energy, it's obvious we really are living in Clown World.
I see why the globalists are pushing it, but I just can't see how the people are buying it. It's not stupid, it's insane.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 9:20:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hwy Patrol, local PD...who are you referring to?

Link Posted: 8/16/2022 9:22:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I was looking forward to getting a Charger in the next year or two. This sucks.
View Quote

I wanted one of the new Challenger for mis-spent youth and a '72 Challenger back in the day reasons.

Looks like I'm broke and will have to do the redneck 120 month loan thing next year then.

Once these are gone, Stellantis will have nothing to sell. What the big 3 are forgetting with this "All In" EV push is they are forcing brand loyal customers to really look around at all the options because going "EV" means a fresh clean sheet of paper start.

Lots of options now, lots of choices. A dull mobile and batteries are all the same, might as well go with the cheapest.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 9:24:48 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
They did.  Then the recall was a software update that was to be sent out to dealers which would supposedly fix the problem.  I dunno the status of that software update, if it fixed the problem or not, it's probably still to early to tell for most.   Luckly it wasn't as big of a deal as some of the others.

They are not without growing pains, as is any new technology and early adopters will go through those growing pains too.  People here are acting like Dodge is dumb though.  They aren't and they are doing it because other manufacturers are doing well in sales.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And in June they recalled all of them...
They did.  Then the recall was a software update that was to be sent out to dealers which would supposedly fix the problem.  I dunno the status of that software update, if it fixed the problem or not, it's probably still to early to tell for most.   Luckly it wasn't as big of a deal as some of the others.

They are not without growing pains, as is any new technology and early adopters will go through those growing pains too.  People here are acting like Dodge is dumb though.  They aren't and they are doing it because other manufacturers are doing well in sales.

Have they started burning down garages/houses yet? If not they better hurry up, Tesla and GM have a head start.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 9:27:01 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Taking an honest assessment of the "shift" to EVs and renewable energy, it's obvious we really are living in Clown World.
I see why the globalists are pushing it, but I just can't see how the people are buying it. It's not stupid, it's insane.
View Quote

It's because we do not represent the majority here. Most people are falling for the commie bullshit that is being dished out. Fuck coal powered cars. Fuck the people who are pushing them.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top