Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:18:27 PM EDT
[#1]
This shouldn't surprise anyone.

There was never a chance Chrysler was going to be selling 18 MPG coupes and sedans much longer.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:21:31 PM EDT
[#2]
My stable.

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:21:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:23:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Does Chrysler still make the 300?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A certain segment of the population will not be pleased.

Does Chrysler still make the 300?

Goodbye ghetto Bentley, hello ghetto Tesla.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:23:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Excellent business plan. Stop producing what customers like and buy.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:23:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The ghetto goblins will have to find new cars to commit their crimes in.
View Quote

There’s still Nissan
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:24:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Against monumental federal government opposition to fun cars like Chrysler produced, I’m actually surprised the Challenger and Charger performance variants survived as long as they did.

Driven a few, never owned one, but I sure will miss them.

The federal government will destroy Jeep next.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:25:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:26:12 PM EDT
[#9]
What’s left? Dodge Durango, Jeep and Ram?
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:26:28 PM EDT
[#10]
It's all just so tiresome. Everything in this country is just going to shit. Almost every goddamn thing I like or believe in is getting shit all over by the dems and the leftist wokeism that permeates our society today. Just a damn shame, how do we fight back against this bullshit? I for one, will never buy an EV based on principle alone, fuck these cocksuckers.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:28:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It's really not the same market though
One is an egg shaped SUV, the others are traditional performance cars.  

Pretty sure most people shopping for challengers and real mustangs are NOT cross-shopping the Mach-E
View Quote
I wouldn't really expect a maker to take one of their first serious journeys into a brand new market with a not general product. It is an example though of demand for a different technology.  Who knows if any of these will become reality like Teslas have, but there are certainly at least talk of plans:

https://www.caranddriver.com/chevrolet/corvette-ev

https://www.caranddriver.com/dodge/challenger-emuscle

and of course the Cayman:

https://www.thecarmagazine.com/2022/04/27/fifth-generation-porsche-718-cayman-and-718-boxster-going-completely-electric/

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:31:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Mane…
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:31:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The Dodge customer base is not going to buy EV's.
The Tesla customer base is not going to buy a Dodge.

In a few years Dodge will be shut down just like Plymouth was after they ran it into the ground...
View Quote

That's a terrible comparison.

Plymouth, like Mercury, was a completely redundant brand that had no reason to exist.

I think it's also safe to argue that there's a substantial market of potential EV customers that don't want Tesla's melted soap exterior styling, minimalist industrial interior design, cars that are a bitch to repair damage because they aren't engineered properly, and complete lack of local support.

I would also argue there's a market for people who want the speed and performance of EVs without looking like the virtue signaling eco-boobs that drive Teslas.

If the government is going to make it impossible to continue sales of gas guzzling boats (and they are), building rowdy tire smoking EVs seems like the obvious leap for Dodge.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:32:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I realize that, why didn't they do a modern remake?
View Quote

Because they killed plymouth.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:32:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
In June of 2021, the EV mustang outsold the gasoline version. So far in 2022, Ford has sold every EV mustang that they have produced.  In April, they stopped taking new orders because they cannot meet market demand.

I have no idea of Dodge will make an EV version of their sports cars or if they will see the success that Ford is having, but they aren't doing it because they are dumb.  Arfcom is a very small slice of the world.

View Quote

Please stop with this nonsense.

Attachment Attached File

vs.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:34:50 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm supposed to buy an electric car but at the same time I have to turn my A/C to 80 so we don't blow the grid.
Something isn't adding up here.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:36:11 PM EDT
[#17]
They have lost their fucking mind.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:39:30 PM EDT
[#18]
So… does this mean Dodge will bring back the shadow?!
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:41:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's not like they have a choice.

For years, these cars have been kept alive by squeezing profits out of a platform that dates back to the mid '00s, and in some respects, back to a '90s Mercedes, and using those profits to buy carbon credits. At one point, FCA was spending almost $700M a year buying carbon credits from Tesla.

Stellantis, the current corp, had three choices:

1) Kill Dodge completely.

2) Transition Dodge to some kind of turbo four banger hybrid thing.

3) Transition Dodge to EVs.

GD might hate it, but option 3 is the clear and obvious best choice for what Dodge's cars are and how they perform today. They're already heavy ass boats that are really fast in a straight line and not great in corners, and that will be the same.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:41:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was thinking exactly the same thing. LoL
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:42:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So much for police cars, they will all be ford explorers lol
View Quote

Precisely what I was thinking.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:42:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Everyone who drives them around here is ghetto, trash, or lower middle class old guys.

Good riddance.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:43:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Against monumental federal government opposition to fun cars like Chrysler produced, I’m actually surprised the Challenger and Charger performance variants survived as long as they did.

View Quote

The manufacturers could have all stood together & simply told the EPA "no, we're not building those."
The EPA would have had to cave, otherwise there would be no new vehicles & they would be responsible for crushing the market...
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:45:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
People in this thread are acting like Dodge is making some detrimental and idiotic decision that is going to cause the failure of the company.  Despite the politics related to it which I fucking hate, the objective reality is that so far, that hasn't been the case for others.  More people want to buy them than they can make fast enough.

It might end up being a bad decision in the end, I certainly can't see the future.  It's not nearly as bad of a decision as some are making it though, with the information that we have right now.  I have my reservations about the strings that come attached to EVs....but it is important to put feelings and bias aside, to be objective.  The objective view is that the demand certainly appears to be there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Comparing an SUV to a sports car. Apple's to oranges.
People in this thread are acting like Dodge is making some detrimental and idiotic decision that is going to cause the failure of the company.  Despite the politics related to it which I fucking hate, the objective reality is that so far, that hasn't been the case for others.  More people want to buy them than they can make fast enough.

It might end up being a bad decision in the end, I certainly can't see the future.  It's not nearly as bad of a decision as some are making it though, with the information that we have right now.  I have my reservations about the strings that come attached to EVs....but it is important to put feelings and bias aside, to be objective.  The objective view is that the demand certainly appears to be there.

Who is going to buy all those 50k+ cars? And they're only going to get more expensive from Toyota to the big banks all have said point blank there's not enough lithium or refining capacity.   Prices are already going through the roof and once we wipe out ICE that tech won't be easy to bring back. Absent some new battery tech EVs will a rich person game for a very long time.  

The difference between now and the 70s is the US government wasn't actively trying to screw with the average American.  Opec was but not the US government.  

The real rich thing is absent subsidies and carbon credits EVs would never have made it off the ground.   Toyota warned everyone it was a bad idea but they eventually caved to politics not sound business and engineering.

More germane to this thread its a shame dodge could never get the reliability of thase cars better.  They were comfortable highway cruisers and good mileage in the v6.   Drove them for years as a fleet car and loved them.  But they all had issues around 75k. No way dodge can produce the same kind of car in EV fornthe same price.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:46:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'm supposed to buy an electric car but at the same time I have to turn my A/C to 80 so we don't blow the grid.
View Quote

Also don't park it in your garage & charge it overnight because it might spontaneously combust & burn your house down...
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:46:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
So… does this mean Dodge will bring back the shadow?!
View Quote

No, next is the Hornet which nobody asked for.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:47:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The Charger should've looked like a Charger.
View Quote
Preach!!!
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:48:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The manufacturers could have all stood together & simply told the EPA "no, we're not building those."
The EPA would have had to cave, otherwise there would be no new vehicles & they would be responsible for crushing the market...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't remember the last time I saw a post that was more disconnected from reality.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:49:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Who is going to buy all those 50k+ cars? And they're only going to get more expensive from Toyota to the big banks all have said point blank there's not enough lithium or refining capacity.   Prices are already going through the roof and once we wipe out ICE that tech won't be easy to bring back. Absent some new battery tech EVs will a rich person game for a very long time.  

The difference between now and the 70s is the US government wasn't actively trying to screw with the average American.  Opec was but not the US government.  

The real rich thing is absent subsidies and carbon credits EVs would never have made it off the ground.   Toyota warned everyone it was a bad idea but they eventually caved to politics not sound business and engineering.

More germane to this thread its a shame dodge could never get the reliability of thase cars better.  They were comfortable highway cruisers and good mileage in the v6.   Drove them for years as a fleet car and loved them.  But they all had issues around 75k. No way dodge can produce the same kind of car in EV fornthe same price.  
View Quote
The same people that are buying $50K+ cars right now.  The average new car price this year is ~$47,000.  Average, so some more and some less but that's the cost overall. I think it's nuts too and I sure as fuck don't want to pay that, but that's the number that most are paying.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:49:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Own one of each. Great cars. At least I don’t live in Arkansas I guess.

Also a Ram Cummins Mega cab from 06 and a 66 Dart GT. Lots of Dodge here.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:54:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

child's play

what they're currently working on and doing a DAMNED fine job at is destroying AMERICA

motherfuckers
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:56:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

child's play

what they're currently working on and doing a DAMNED fine job at is destroying AMERICA

motherfuckers
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

child's play

motherfuckers

I do look forward to the next wave of dealerships going out of business because nobody is buying their shit.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:57:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Goodbye ghetto Bentley, hello ghetto Tesla.
View Quote

Well the pursuits will shorter and the PIT maneuvers more colorful!
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:59:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I do look forward to the next wave of dealerships going out of business because nobody is buying their shit.
View Quote
I do think traditional dealers are going to eventually take a massive hit, perhaps eventually a relic of the past.  I think its because things like Carvana etc will take their place though.  People are just going to end up buying their new or used car on the internet and have it delivered direct to their driveway as the primary means of purchase/selling.

It's already an option that people choose today. It's probably not going to happen fast though.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:00:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not around here. There are some. But mostly Tahoe PPVs. All I drove from 96 to 2020 were Tahoes.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:02:15 PM EDT
[#36]
So much FAIL!
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:05:35 PM EDT
[#37]
I reckon whoever made that decision will be jobless not soon after that takes place. The only dodge I see on the road besides those are minivans and trucks.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:06:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:08:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
In June of 2021, the EV mustang outsold the gasoline version. So far in 2022, Ford has sold every EV mustang that they have produced.  In April, they stopped taking new orders because they cannot meet market demand.

I have no idea of Dodge will make an EV version of their sports cars or if they will see the success that Ford is having, but they aren't doing it because they are dumb.  Arfcom is a very small slice of the world.

View Quote

Wrong. When you drill into the numbers it was because production of the ICE Mustang was suppressed. If you run the numbers with equal availability ICE Mustang wins easily. It was sheer manipulation of the numbers by Ford since they didn't factor in availability.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:13:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So much for police cars, they will all be ford explorers lol

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:13:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Preach!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Preach!!!

Nice Charger! Wish I had just one of the seven or eight Chargers I owned back.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:18:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Favorite cars of the ghetto street-takeover crowds, and related theft rings.  They'll be collector's items due to the number that get smashed to bits, torched, or blasted full of bullet holes.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:20:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
What the actual FUCK?

The flagship vehicles of the Dodge line, the only passenger cars of the brand that anybody recognizes, will be cancelled. Seriously?
View Quote

I really dislike the Dodge line of cars but yeah that is really idiotic and shortsided of them to think their customers will hold on the EV crazy train.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:20:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I can't wait for the American revolt when we have no reliable transportation in this country.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I can't wait for the American revolt when we have no reliable transportation in this country.

You will ride your electric scooter to go eat the bugs and like it

Quoted:

I don't know about now, but manufacturers used to be able to pay a fine per vehicle based on how far off the mpg the vehicle was.  Which is how luxury and super car makers did it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:22:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not needing the front end rebuilt every 80k miles wouldve been nice too
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:24:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True to the original!
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:24:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The time for that was 5 to 6 decades ago.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:26:09 PM EDT
[#48]
will they be replacing them with the Dodge Vergina and Chrysler Buttsecks?
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:31:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

you're going to be riding the bus with the homeless is the plan.. whether you want to make payments on a lawn ornament that looks like an automobile parked in front of your place is your choice.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:33:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lower enlisted soldiers?
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top