Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:57:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Let me get this straight.,, y’all fired all kinds of shit practically all weekend, and when someone did it purposefully to screw with y’all’s sleep it was weird…  you don’t say. Weird
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:59:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm also pretty sure you have a full power cat toy on that SD too, or is it a C?

I might have shined that full power IR pointer around their facial regions
View Quote

Just a lowly C. I have a somogear which promptly broke after surviving for 6 months at the event

However on the SD I was just using a red dot no IR this weekend

In the vids thats my SD with a borrowed SOT pack . I thought we were gunna burn that thing up mag dumping it. Was fucking sweet. So sad I dont have a FA now
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:02:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Let me get this straight.,, y’all fired all kinds of shit practically all weekend, and when someone did it purposefully to screw with y’all’s sleep it was weird…  you don’t say. Weird
View Quote

we didnt go 20 yards in the woods line from neighbors house while firing guns, trespassing, and shouting intimidatingly, no

Im not quite sure how you can even equate that to being the same

If they got a group that spooked easier they might have caught some rounds. So its a pretty dumb 'revenge' tactic.

The chainsaws and them screaming about. Whatever. Them shooting a rifle at unkown directions in the immediate vicinity of camp? Not fuckin cute at all
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:02:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Not a Bigfoot encounter story

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:04:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like y'all could have solved it via SSS.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:05:01 AM EDT
[#6]
All that and no one ever notified the cops?
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:11:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I thought that when I read the first sentences of the OP..."Shooting all day til 11pm, two days in a row? This is going to be a pissed off neighbor story."

That did look like a good time though OP and glad nobody got they caps peeled.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:11:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
All that and no one ever notified the cops?
View Quote

Im not sure if the landowner eventually did or not

He came up sunday morning to hear about our experience and is gunna have a chat with the neighbors about it all
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:20:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So you only pulled security for 1.5 hours before you gave up?

I would have been up all night or left like the other guys.
View Quote

Yeah I wouldn’t be able to sleep in my tent after that.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:22:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Sounds like the dirt road locals in their methy trailers didn’t like the rich guys with the DJ and the machine gun fire all weekend until 11PM. Fucking poors.

Good thing nobody got killed.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:35:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yeah I wouldn’t be able to sleep in my tent after that.
View Quote

It was the one night I was looking forward to sleeping without interruptions

<--- has a preggo wife and a 10 month old

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:38:48 AM EDT
[#12]
I would have shot back if they were on my property.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:40:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Shot at while Camping, Long Version.

Probably my favorite YT thumbnail, shocked no one else posted it.

I don't get to shoot MGs or anything for that matter in my yard. But I don't have methbillys running around hooty hollerin with guns and saws; a bunch of guys in something called a Bearcat would show up with MGs if that happened in my hood.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:49:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Hopefully the other guy will come through with the video from his NODs

Im impatiently waiting to see it
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:53:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 12:05:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yep it worked well. I saw two individuals pop out with the COTI from the woods. Think there were 3 though based on the voices. 2 men and a woman and others came to the same conclusion

Granted I could have also seen them simply with the nightvision since they were walking around with flashlights. Although they would kill them from time to time.

Once back into the woods though the thermal wont pick them up with the vegetation covering them. I could see their lights on the canopy of the woods as they moved about

Supposedly the other guy I was with has action shots of all this with some nightvision recorder. I havent seen the footage yet however
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You didn't pick up any heat signatures with the coti?

That said, AK mag dump into the tree line.

Yep it worked well. I saw two individuals pop out with the COTI from the woods. Think there were 3 though based on the voices. 2 men and a woman and others came to the same conclusion

Granted I could have also seen them simply with the nightvision since they were walking around with flashlights. Although they would kill them from time to time.

Once back into the woods though the thermal wont pick them up with the vegetation covering them. I could see their lights on the canopy of the woods as they moved about

Supposedly the other guy I was with has action shots of all this with some nightvision recorder. I havent seen the footage yet however

Ah.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 12:21:23 PM EDT
[#17]
You should have gathered everyone, worked out a plan and scared the crap out of them with your own shooting, hoop'n and hollar'n, mixed with "get 'em", "there they are", "fuck their shit up", "I've got two in the trees on my thermal", "pop that fat fucker", etc.

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 12:37:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Mspaint really sets the scene.
Well done.
View Quote

This.  Crystal clarity.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 12:39:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Lol I'm surprised the homies of GD didn't jump your ass for making above a cricket's noise after 9pm with a neighbor only 2 miles away.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 12:41:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Few years back had something similar happen at our hunting camp. We were on FS land and a dude came walking down the FS road screaming at us around 11pm about being on his property.  We were miles from any private land. Dude sounded high, and similarly there were meth shacks down the road before the FS land started. We were camped at a fucking USFS horse trail landing.

My uncle and I almost ended up shooting this dude when he started walking into our camp. We couldn't see him and had no idea if he was armed. The next camp over was a few women and kids, the men were out in town. One of the women had came over and asked us what was going on, she grabbed a shotgun and went back in their tent.

We yelled at the dude to stop and turn around, we were armed and this was not his land. Shining at light at him we could only see his silhouette when he got close enough. He was fucking jumping up and down and waving his arms around as he screamed at us.

The freaky part was when he just turned around and left quietly  disappearing into the darkness. It was like he went from 100mph to nothing and he was gone.

I was ready to shoot this fucker with my AR thinking that he was going to raise a gun at us. I had a big ass adrenaline dump shortly after he left. I had never aimed a gun at a person before.

My uncle wanted to pack up and leave that night  fearing that the tweaker would come back and set our camp on fire. We hid all our gas and generator. Nothing ever happened and we never figured out who it was.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 12:52:37 PM EDT
[#21]
I would've launched a flare in the air near their direction. Any legalities of doing that? Dry/drought down there?
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 12:54:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Even if you weren't willing to go full SSS, a few suppressed rounds popped into nearby tree trunks as a form of demonstrative warning would likely have had some persuasive effect.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 12:57:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Occasionally i get the urge to sell my pistol ar with 60rnd mags and rare breed trigger at an obscene price.

Then a thread like this comes along and i say, "nah". You never know when you might need a bullet hose.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 1:05:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Needs more Aztec death whistle and wounded rabbit call.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 1:11:23 PM EDT
[#25]
What were they yelling?
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 1:12:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Or some wandering soul.

Operation Wandering Soul (Ghost Tape Number 10)
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 1:13:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Had the death whistle

Was afraid it would draw gunfire
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 1:16:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Kentucky and Tennessee isn't Indiana.

We have backwoods here with the people type to fill it.

And I've been shot at a number of times over people PP envious of big toys in eastern KY.

My full rig stays in my POV.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 1:16:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
What were they yelling?
View Quote

Hooting mostly. The rest was mostly just yells. If youve ever seen the hills have eyes the sounds those bros make in the hills to scare them is basically spot on what they were doing

The only other thing I heard clear enough to say is they did scream "burn the witch"

It was fuckin weird man
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 1:24:51 PM EDT
[#30]
time to add a mission recorder /gopro to ur gear.

shitty situation.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 1:28:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
You should of ran into the woods naked with just your NODs and a tomahawk.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 1:30:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Just why no one thought to call the law is beyond me.  I know the phrase "don't invite the man into your life" but in this case they might have been handy to have around.  Shit could have gone real sideways real quick.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 1:32:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Lol I'm surprised the homies of GD didn't jump your ass for making above a cricket's noise after 9pm with a neighbor only 2 miles away.
View Quote

It’s an mg shoot not a wedding venue.

Rules are different.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 1:42:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Rules are different.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rules are different.

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 1:45:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Im betting if you had a bullhorn and said XYZ Sheriff's department they would have took off.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 1:48:28 PM EDT
[#36]
They must have shot each other officer.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 2:08:58 PM EDT
[#37]
If the red boxes are accurate, you guys let some hill billy metheads literally surround your camp?  

I’d either be gone like the other dudes or have formed a team to flush them out.  

No way in hell I’m getting shot or butt fucked by Cletus the toothless wonder.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 2:11:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Rules are different.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rules are different.

I went over to that guy's house the next weekend and you could hear the music but it was quieter than the crickets.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 2:15:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Hooting mostly. The rest was mostly just yells. If youve ever seen the hills have eyes the sounds those bros make in the hills to scare them is basically spot on what they were doing

The only other thing I heard clear enough to say is they did scream "burn the witch"

It was fuckin weird man
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What were they yelling?

It was fuckin weird man

Was it kinda like " Hootie Who. Hootie Who"?

Coulda been Jim Neighbors.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 2:21:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Im not sure if the landowner eventually did or not

He came up sunday morning to hear about our experience and is gunna have a chat with the neighbors about it all
View Quote

So he can see their faces when they tell him to fuck off? Fat lot of good that's gonna do.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 2:48:21 PM EDT
[#41]
So let me get this straight. Y'all were armed to the teeth, kitted up and had nods and thermals. You then proceeded to turn tail and run, and the ones who stayed didn't form up and at least confront them?

Ok, you do you.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 2:49:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Lol there was a DJ there and I had to drown out the sound of his weird music choices . If you listen close you can hear the 8675309 song at one point in the video
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe they heard that song in your video, I would have wanted to open fire just to make it stop!  

Seriously though, sounds like you crossed paths with some drunk, dumbass, rednecks. Glad nothing bad happened.

Lol there was a DJ there and I had to drown out the sound of his weird music choices . If you listen close you can hear the 8675309 song at one point in the video

And you think the song in your video is better than classic 80s music?
I mean if you were playing the song in your video in your campsite the methbillies probably thought you were kindred spirits.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 3:00:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
So let me get this straight. Y'all were armed to the teeth, kitted up and had nods and thermals. You then proceeded to turn tail and run, and the ones who stayed didn't form up and at least confront them?

Ok, you do you.
View Quote

We talked about it.

Just confronting some people who are already throwing errant shots in the dark seemed like a bad plan of action

We didnt want to get shot

And we didnt really want to shoot some meth billys fuckin up our otherwise nice little weekend getaway
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 3:13:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 3:23:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

>150 friends and associates armed to the teeth with machine guns and night vision
>Two guys with chainsaws scare me out of the woods
View Quote

Yeah, this story had so much potential.
What a disappointment.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 3:51:28 PM EDT
[#46]
“Why do you have a bullhorn in your camping load out?”

Well you see…
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 4:08:42 PM EDT
[#47]
lol y'all got punked by local rednecks.  The mental image of you and your friend hiding behind a vehicle debating the legalities of defending yourselves while Jo Bob and Jim were drunkenly whooping and shooting into the night sky made me laugh.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 4:19:32 PM EDT
[#48]
where in Middle TN?
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 4:20:54 PM EDT
[#49]
If you started yelling “ they shot Frank” a few times they would have booked.   Ain’t no meth head that wants to catch a murder charge.

A silenced .22 shooting the guns out of their hands might have been fun to watch.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 4:38:31 PM EDT
[#50]
People drive around in the dark all the time and accidentally run over random chunks of metal and nails and stuff.  It often happens when you're some place you shouldn't be out on other people's property. I think Paul Harrell has a similar story where someone was going to drive over his wife in a tent.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top