Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 10:36:49 PM EDT
[#1]
One of my dads employees was shot to death by police while sleeping on the floor of his bathroom with a .22 next to him, after drinking and threatening to commit suicide.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 10:38:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Neighbors 15 year old daughter, last year. Running with the wrong people. Shot in the back of the head.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 10:39:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I used to know Cody through a car group where we would all drive around on weekend nights.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/montana-newlywed-sentenced-to-30-years-in-prison-for-pushing-husband-off-cliff/
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 10:39:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Former classmate killed in a murder suicide by her husband.

Coworker murdered in a prison escape. Fuck those motherfuckers….
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 10:40:14 PM EDT
[#5]
My cousin was by his lover who then later killed himself.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 10:46:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Wesley_Neill
This piece of trash went to the same school as me, his dad was a county cop. one of the bank tellers was pregnant and he tried to decapitate her after stabbing her and the other two to death.
View Quote

The pregnant teller was Kay Bruno. I worked with her brother, Ronnie, for over 35yrs.
My wife went to school in Geronimo.  I was born and raised in Walters.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 10:47:46 PM EDT
[#7]
One of the killers I knew was a murder suicide type deal. They seemed really well adjusted and semi retired with a young adult daughter. He was a fun guy to talk to. Smart, quick to joke. Had an impressive collection.

The other guy went after the man that attacked his mom. The man beat the hell out of him. After a few weeks in the hospital he went over and shot the dude. The jury didn’t buy his self defense argument but he only served a few years.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 10:53:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I knew this guy. He was a builder/developer. One of the nicest people you'd ever want to know. He was out in the boonies looking for property and saw a broken down truck so he stopped to see if he could help. He was thanked with two shotgun blasts, killing him instantly. https://archive.seattletimes.com/archive/?date=19900715&slug=1082301
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 10:55:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes I have.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 10:58:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Depressing thread.  My condolences to the one that lost loved ones and friends.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 11:01:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah.  Ive known 4-5 people who were murdered.

Additionally, my baby-sitter growing up was a murderer.  Put on death row.  

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 11:04:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Casually knew a guy at work.  He was a brilliant technician who did some very credible stuff.  Granted he could be a little arrogant, over confident and outspoken, but I never had any disputes with the fellow and generally respected him

One sunday he was in front of his house washing his car.  One of his young sons got into an argument with some local street tough who had just moved into the neighborhood.  The guy intervened in the argument and separated the tough from his son.  The tough walked off sputtering and the guy went back to washing his car.  Next thing the local tough came back and out of the blue shot the technician guy six times in the back killing him right in front of his helpless son.  The tough made no effort to run away and was standing over the dead technician gloating about how tough and clever he was until the cops arrived.  I know he went to prison. I do not know his present status.

Condolences to those who have lost friends and family.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 11:06:57 PM EDT
[#13]
My brother. He was 18, working construction in VA beach. Had a roommate. 4 guys busted in to rob them. Brother was bludgeoned and stabbed to death. Roommate got off a blast of birdshot to one's face, but was in turn shot through the neck and paralyzed. All 4 were captured and are still incarcerated. Been over 30 years now.

His name was Christopher. I was very young and have few memories of him, but all are of love and happiness. I'm twice as old as he ever was, but he'll always be my big brother.

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 11:07:22 PM EDT
[#14]
A kid I knew when I was 18 was stabbed at the complex pool and died. Another kid I knew and some of his buddies went to rip off some other kids for an oz of weed. One of them stabbed and killed one of the kids with the weed and all were charged with murder as adults and had the book thrown at them.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 11:09:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Kid I played baseball with growing up was killed while we were in high school. He got into drugs and was shot on his dealers porch by another addict. That’s how those things go…but his parents are good people and I’m not sure how his father didn’t end the dirtbags life. I was always pissed the dumbass county coroner ruled it a suicide. Shot himself in the back of the head with a .22LR rifle…sounds legit. The coroner in the next county over looked at the case and believed it was a homicide. Never went anywhere.

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 11:11:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Yup..she got into frug trafficking and they found her in the other part of the state in a 55gal drum
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 11:18:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Patricia Blakley.  My wife went to school with her and we both worked with her several years at the grocery store while we were all in high school.  She later married Ted Kimble.  He and his dad ran a building supply store.  My wife and I were renovating my great grandparents house at the time and bought our kitchen cabinets and a bay window from their store.  He killed her and then set the house on fire to try and cover it up.

Attachment Attached File

Link to article

A judge sentenced Ted Kimble to at least 107 years in prison on Friday, bringing an end to one of the most notorious murder cases in Guilford County's recent history.

It wasn't the maximum sentence of 157 years that Kimble could have received under his plea bargain, but it was enough to guarantee that he spends the rest of his life in prison for the brutal murder of his wife.The courtroom was quiet as Superior Judge Peter McHugh read Kimble's sentence to a crowd of about 60 people. Then, without making a speech, he simply ordered the bailiffs to take Kimble into custody.

It was an ending that friends and relatives of Patricia Blakley Kimble had been waiting for since the young Sunday school teacher was killed in 1995. But they said they didn't feel any happiness or closure as they left the Greensboro courthouse for the last time.

``My life will never be the same again. Every day I live, I think: Can I live another day without Pat?' said Sheila Blakley, Patricia Kimble's mother.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 11:24:58 PM EDT
[#18]
I knew a murderer. Cody's wife left him for some other dude, so Cody went to the new guy's house and shot him to death. He then went outside and shot himself. About a month later Cody's dad went to the spot Cody had killed himself, and committed suicide as well. Sad all around.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 11:25:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Growing up on kansas citys east side , i knew several victims and a few killers.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 11:27:58 PM EDT
[#20]
I knew a guy in High School that was shot in the neck and killed in a bowling alley parking lot. I was maybe 200 feet away when it happened, a bunch of people running all over trying to hide or get away, but some of us ran over to try and help. He was pale and white as a sheet in the matter of seconds, basically nothing we could do but try to keep him from bleeding which was impossible. The murderer later turned himself in out of guilt and admitted he shot "Mike" randomly as part of a gang initiation. If I recall correctly that guy got 20 to life, a lot of us that were there that night had to show up at this guys trial.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 11:42:27 PM EDT
[#21]
I was good friends with the owner of the gun shop that was murdered, along with his wife and grandson, in Grantville, GA last month. He was a great guy that would do anything for you.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 11:47:05 PM EDT
[#22]
I hate these threads, Yes my little brother.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 11:50:21 PM EDT
[#23]

1 missing presumed murdered.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 11:51:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
A few unfortunately

They ALL fell into the trap of doing stupid things with stupid people in stupid places
View Quote

Guy I knew was buying pain pills. Dealers tried to rob him, he resisted and got shot through both lungs and his heart. He had a wife and a son who was in middle school at the time. It has been ~10 years. Guy who did the shooting was supposed to already be in prison, but didn't bother to show up for prison on his appointed date. Go figure. The 3 murderers/robbers were caught, convicted and imprisoned.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 11:56:59 PM EDT
[#25]
A guy I know from high school jazz band.  A few years after he graduated I heard he was found dead below a tall highway bridge. Police said it looked he was robbed and thrown over the bridge, case was never solved.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:00:03 AM EDT
[#26]
I had a great uncle that was the black sheep of the family and I only met him three times. One night I was staying at my grandparents and we were watching the 10 PM news like they did every night. The news had a story about a man found in the trunk of a burning car and then said my great uncles name. My grandfather looked at me and said “he pissed off the wrong person this time”. Always thought that it was strange that my grandfather found out about his brothers murder from the Atlanta news.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:02:21 AM EDT
[#27]
No, but I did know someone who was the inspiration for "Buffalo Bill" in "The Silence of the Lambs."

https://murderpedia.org/male.H/h1/heidnik-gary.htm
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:02:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Yep, a college professor. He was murdered in his home over some Gay for drugs deal gone bad.

In his obituary they tried to spin it in a better light but…yeah
View Quote

That reminds me of a college professor I had in the 90s...

She was smoking hot but an absolute bitch...

I mean, she looked the part of a movie villainess....   Always shared dressed, always wore black nylons and heels...

She spilt with her boyfriend....  He emptied a Beretta 92 into her, and then shot himself....

I remember it being a Beretta 92, because that's the only pistol I owned at the titome.

It was a real waste of a beautiful woman I'm her prime, but it did not surprise me at all.

Her personality was....  Man, I don't know that I have the words.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:05:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Yes.  Owned a bar down in Louisiana.  Went missing and they found him in a barrel six months later. Caught the meth addict fucks  in Florida IIRC.  He was a pretty cool low key guy.  Didn’t deserve that.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:12:25 AM EDT
[#30]
A family member's wife drowned their 3 young kids and attempted to murder him when he got home. She failed at killing him, then shot herself.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:12:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Missy Bevers was a family friend. Our kids were close at the time she was murdered.

Chris Kyle lived around the corner from me. Had small talk with him a few times. Nothing more than an acquaintance though.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:21:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Kid I went to high school with.  Baseball star, but kind of a dick.  A month after we graduate, a bunch of us meet up at donut shop, and this kid’s face is on the front page of the local newspaper.  He lived in the only part of that town that was subsidized housing, and turns out was selling pot and coke for some dealer.  Competition moved in and he was shot in the head on the playground, in front of about a dozen people.  First murder in that town in years, at the time.  Of all the witnesses, no one saw shit and it’s unsolved to this day.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:22:03 AM EDT
[#33]
friends brother, shot by druggies.  Not sure if it was a bad buy or what though.  He liked to party.

Lady I did not know, but worked at the same place I did was hacked up at her home.

A few guys I worked with, one got fired and him and two others tried to rob a jewelry store and one got killed by the owner.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:24:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Yes, a murderer and an old friend murdered
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:38:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Student at the high school I taught at was killed by her boyfriend.  I barely knew her, but knew him quite well (as a student)
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:47:57 AM EDT
[#36]
A few

Guy from high school was minding his own business in the back of a bar when someone else got "disrespected" and came back with an SKS and lit up the place. If I remember correctly, he was the only one killed.

Girl from high school was riding shotgun with her husband when they were cut off. Husband pulls up to the other car at the next stoplight and gives the other guy the bird. I guess he felt "disrespected" 'cause he pulled out a handgun shot and killed the wife.

One of my neighbors had just walked out of his house and was about to get in his car when another car pulled up besides him and between two shooters, unloaded over twenty rounds into him. Guy was dead before he hit the ground.

Owner of a restaurant my family and I visited almost every week when I was a kid. One day was opening up the place early in the morning when supposedly he was shot and killed during a robbery attempt. The whole situation was super sketchy and rumors were that his wife had put a hit on him to cash in on life insurance and other assets.

I also had many classes in high school with this convicted murderer:

https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2011/02/12/benicia-man-arrested-after-girlfriend-found-dead-in-home/

One time, I forget why, Adam, a couple other classmates and I were discussing prison and the teacher chimes in - "Adam, I hope you never end up in prison 'cause you are too handsome, if you know what I mean".
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:54:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Yes.
Friends and relatives.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:57:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Went to high school with a girl who was swooped up while jogging down the sidewalk in rural KY.  She was pregnant.  POS raped and then killed her. Hid her body behind some trees.  Happened just a few years ago. He was just sentenced to life without parole.  Should have had a bullet to the cranium.

This is in a tiny country town, one of those towns people would think are the antithesis of the "sin-filled cities" .  Mayberry so to speak.  Unfortunately, anywhere there are humans this kind of shit can and will happen.  Population less than 3k.

https://www.kentucky.com/news/local/article44364558.html
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:57:25 AM EDT
[#39]
I grew up with a murderer.

Perkins was a childhood buddy of mine. We called him "Grant". He made an episode of Unsolved Mysteries.

Franklin Legrand Perkins

I assume he is still in prison in California.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:57:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Have known several.    One was even a member here.   Was a cab driver in Texas and was shot in the back of the head.   The guilty took the body out and hid it in the woods.   Have pictures of the complete crime scene some where.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 1:01:45 AM EDT
[#41]
My grandmother. Also my uncle's wife's parents. All shot.
And the doctor my other grandmother worked for. Tossed off a roof.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 1:14:57 AM EDT
[#42]
My stepbrother's son stabbed my stepbrother's father and stepmother to death a few weeks ago. We weren't close to them, and had only been around them a couple of times but they were family I guess.

My sister's best friend in grade school was murdered. Many year after they'd gone to grade school together my sister's friend married a guy. I guess that guy got on the mob's bad side so they killed his wife.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 1:21:49 AM EDT
[#43]
A kid (22 years old) that grew up in my town was murdered in a home invasion. After he was shot, he wrestled a rifle away from one of the intruders and tossed it to his little brother (16 years old)  who killed  2 of the 3 intruders with their own rifle. They were there to steal marijuana.  

Another shitbag I went to school with shot up a pharmacy in town on Father’s Day morning and killed a few people in order to steal some pills.  Hope he’s getting violated every day in prison if he’s still breathing.

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 1:28:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Yes.
My wife's cousin was strangled and left on a railroad track.
They found her in pieces a week later.
Never caught her killer.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 1:30:06 AM EDT
[#45]
yes 2. one in middleschool, stray bullet to head at a party was a friend. one later in life, cartel murder. perhaps another cant think of
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 1:32:28 AM EDT
[#46]
A few.
All of them had 13% in common.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 1:43:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Murdered and murderer.

Guy I went to high school with disappeared. Several months later his body was found between two meat processing plants. Perfect place to dump a body.

Friend's stepson murdered someone. I talked to him after the fact before they pinned it on him. Kinda creepy in hindsight.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 1:43:53 AM EDT
[#48]
A couple that I worked with here in AZ.  They had 3 kids (boys) and adopted a niece.  The middle boy was a quiet kid but got mixed up with the wrong crowd in high school and eventually got expelled.  Hung around the house not really doing anything but going out and partying with his friends.  Finally, Dad gives him an ultimatum - get back into school or join the military.  I know this because Dad told me about two weeks before he was murdered by the son.  Mom worked graveyard shift, came home and son was waiting for her.  He shot her point blank in the face with a 12 gauge shotgun.  A couple of hours later, he calls Dad at work and asks him to come home because he has an answer for his ultimatum.  Dad comes home for lunch, and kid is waiting for him with the same shotgun.  Shots Dad twice with slugs and then buries his body in a wash behind the home.  After a couple of days of not showing up for work, county sheriff is called to do a health and welfare check on the family.  Killer tells deputies that parents are out of town.  They search the house, find recently fired shotgun and parents' work IDs. He finally confesses to his older brother what he had done.  I cried when I found out they had both been murdered...such good folks.

The boy got two life sentences, consecutive, which here in AZ means he could get parole after 25 years for the killing of Mom, and then have to do 25 years before chance of parole for killing Dad.  He won't be getting out now because he has since murdered his cellmate while in prison.  Found guilty, and my ex-wife testified at the penalty phase of his trial because she was called as witness for when he was a student in one of her classes before he went to shit.

I met a lot of murderers in my 20+ years of working in AZ prisons, including Ricky and Raymond Tison up in Florence and the Baseline Killer, Mark Goudeau.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 1:51:45 AM EDT
[#49]
A good friends pregnant wife got murdered. Georgetown Ohio. They also shot my friends 14 month old daughter in the forehead and lived. I pitched some baseball with her a few days ago.

Case never solved.

https://thecinemaholic.com/brittany-stykes-murder-how-did-she-die-who-killed-her/
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 2:03:02 AM EDT
[#50]
The local neighbor dope dealer.
He moved to a different city, lived in an apartment and delt from there.
Mexican gang bangers show up at his door at zero dark thirty, bum rush the door, beat the shit out of him, they take his stash, money and car.
Tied him up and shot him.
The "suspected" shooter dropped his drivers license, he was found dead in Tijuana a few weeks later.  
Case closed.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top