Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 10:17:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Good deal, thanks for sharing fatcat.

Every year I see this, I wonder why I spent the money on "Japanese-made" Makita tools.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 10:24:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Deal's gone online

All sold out.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 11:02:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Deal's gone online

All sold out.
View Quote

Yeah I was just trying to get it to work with no luck they better open this crap back up!
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 11:51:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Fuck! I just placed the order. I have a SHIT ton of DeWalt stuff, Milwaukee and even Bosh 18v stuff I use. I got the 150 watt inverter and went ahead and got the tire inflator as well. Y'all suck.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 11:56:10 PM EDT
[#5]
@Sixgunner45 it's working again. Go spend money
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 1:51:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Just grabbed the two 4Ah/charger, and the 3-pack high proformance battery deal that has the 6/4/2Ah/charger.
Freebies were 1/2 impact and leaf blower.

Also grabbedon a pole saw I've been needing.

Thanks fatcat, you just cost me $487!!
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 2:57:04 AM EDT
[#7]
The site is now showing the free tools for the $99 dea

It's RYOBI Days!
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 3:23:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Any experience with the shop vac?
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 4:37:12 AM EDT
[#9]
A couple weeks ago I bought the set with a drill, 5 1/2" circular saw, charger, two 1.5ah batteries and free bonus 4ah high performance battery for $99. I needed another drill and I figured the saw would be good for a cut ever now and then without having to run a cord. The saw surprised me. I was curious about it and the 1.5ah batteries so I found a piece of 2x4 that had a 1/2" ripped off one side making it  1 1/2 x 3 (I wasn't cutting up good boards playing at the price of lumber now). I made just under 50 cuts off it as fast I could cut in two sessions (I lost count, 46 to 48?). I was shocked the 1.5ah battery was still going fine when I got tired of screwing with it and quit.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 8:46:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Deal's gone online

All sold out.
View Quote

That.

The $99 deal was tempting me... I don't really NEED any new tools, and I don't NEED to spend any money right now... but... still....
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 8:58:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for posting this- I needed a hedge trimmer- my current one relied on an extension cord for power.

Not only is it cumbersome but I’ve cut through three cords at least!
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 9:36:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Deal's gone online

All sold out.
View Quote

I'm seeing 200 in stock at my home Depot. Also this lays a few months so it will come back at your store
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:56:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have 10+ M18 batteries, 10+ M12 batteries, many tools for each.  All of them kick ass.  M18 blower and string trimmer, Both are great.  But I also have some Ryobi tools and batteries.  Comes down to what tools do you need to work no matter what.  For me, the M18 and M12 impact drivers, drills, impact wrenches, OPE, etc.  

For lights, hedge trimmers (I have minimal hedges), the inverter, etc.  It is a no brainer, Ryobi is the best deal out there......

FWIW, I have the Ridgid, M18 ,Ryobi, and Dewalt 18v fan.  I also have the M12 fan.  If I had to rank them: Ridgid, DeWalt, Ryobi, Milwaukee M18, in that order for the 18v.The M12 fan is now my favorite.....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have the M18 and havent used the Ryobi, and wish I wouldve got the Ryobi. I got into Ryobi over the last year for one-off projects/tasks, and wish I wouldve done it sooner as a homeowner. I couldve saved a bunch of money over multiple projects if I wouldve went the Ryobi route for the frequency of use for the specific tools
I have 10+ M18 batteries, 10+ M12 batteries, many tools for each.  All of them kick ass.  M18 blower and string trimmer, Both are great.  But I also have some Ryobi tools and batteries.  Comes down to what tools do you need to work no matter what.  For me, the M18 and M12 impact drivers, drills, impact wrenches, OPE, etc.  

For lights, hedge trimmers (I have minimal hedges), the inverter, etc.  It is a no brainer, Ryobi is the best deal out there......

FWIW, I have the Ridgid, M18 ,Ryobi, and Dewalt 18v fan.  I also have the M12 fan.  If I had to rank them: Ridgid, DeWalt, Ryobi, Milwaukee M18, in that order for the 18v.The M12 fan is now my favorite.....

Oh trust me, Im a big Milwaukee guy, but I couldve planned better on certain tools and their uses. My Big Red Addiction is listed below.

M18 tools: 27 (30 if you count the Quik-Lok attachments for the OPE)
M18 batteries: 19

M12 tools: 25
M12 batteries: 26

And then Ryobi

Ryobi 18 tools: 25
Ryobi 18 batteries: 14

Granted, some of these are stored at other properties I have, so some are duplicates. 2 is 1, right?
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:57:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Oh trust me, Im a big Milwaukee guy, but I couldve planned better on certain tools and their uses. My Big Red Addiction is listed below.

M18 tools: 27 (30 if you count the Quik-Lok attachments for the OPE)
M18 batteries: 19

M12 tools: 25
M12 batteries: 26

And then Ryobi

Ryobi 18 tools: 25
Ryobi 18 batteries: 14

Granted, some of these are stored at other properties I have, so some are duplicates. 2 is 1, right?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 11:05:02 AM EDT
[#15]

I figured you would like all that info with the data mining threads you used to do

ETA: Milwaukee Master Race checking in
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 11:18:59 AM EDT
[#16]
On my way to local store right now. They have plenty in stock. Going for the 3 pack and string trimmer.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 11:21:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I figured you would like all that info with the data mining threads you used to do

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 11:26:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'm seeing 200 in stock at my home Depot. Also this lays a few months so it will come back at your store
View Quote

I'm seeing nothing in stock within 100 miles of my zip code. LOL

I figured I'd get the battery deal with the inverter, because I could kinda use that. Maybe an emergency light thing or something.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 11:33:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/vladimir-putin-laughing_zpsov82lsef_GIF-129.gif

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 11:43:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It looks like its an online only deal now, the local store near me won't honor the deal until Monday.  YMMV.
View Quote

my local store just honored it this morning
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 11:57:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Ordered the two pack and the string trimmer.

Also ordered a drill/driver that is on sale.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:48:08 PM EDT
[#22]
I've ordered it twice from different stores. Both stores canceled the battery/charger. On phone with them now and the girl says they show like 40 in stock. Odd
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 2:17:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Ryobi tools put in some work today
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 2:59:59 PM EDT
[#24]
This fuckin website...

I have their leaf blower and a little electric mower, just picked up a jig saw.  Hope it can hold up
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:05:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Just received my batteries and airpump already.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 1:21:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Hmm... I found the 2x battery and inverter deal after searching around. It was the 2x battery and angle grinder package that was out of stock.

I'd have pulled the trigger on it, but the inverter only has ancient USB A ports on it. Really needs USB C PD output up to 100W.

I'm not sure if I should order it anyway, because I'm not quite sure I'll purchase or use any other tools. I don't have any need for anything now.

ETA: And I was tempted... went to HD site and now I can't find the same deal. Oh well.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 8:09:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Well that's three hundo down
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 8:21:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Got an email that the battery and inverter package were back in stock... fuck it, I pulled the trigger. I figure I'll get a drill/driver later on.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 8:27:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Damn you, Ryobi.

I went for the 3 18v and free tool package.

I got that, but the Ryobi rep was there with his little tent giving stuff away.

So I also got a 40v lawnmower and he gave me a free 40v 6ah battery. Lawnmower came with 2 of them and he gave me a third, so I pretty much got a free lawnmower.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 8:48:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Home Depot tool hacked my order. Didn't really need the batteries anyway but I'll take the cheap tools
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 9:27:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Damn you, Ryobi.

So I also got a 40v lawnmower and he gave me a free 40v 6ah battery. Lawnmower came with 2 of them and he gave me a third, so I pretty much got a free lawnmower.
View Quote

If the 6Ah battery is anything like the 40V 6Ah battery I have for my Kobalt mower, it'll be more than enough to mow a postage-stamp sized lot, and have a lot left over!
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 12:50:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Damn you, Ryobi.

View Quote

Shit man you got hooked up
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 1:14:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Another horrible weekend managing my 10 acres with all ryobi battery equipment, charged off solar.

Except the tractor for bulk mowing. Although the battery riding zero turn has me drooling…
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 2:55:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Another horrible weekend managing my 10 acres with all ryobi battery equipment, charged off solar.

Except the tractor for bulk mowing. Although the battery riding zero turn has me drooling…
View Quote

I'm waiting for the RYOBI solar charger to come out
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 3:40:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Bought the batteries and chose the inverter for power outages. Hoping I can run a lamp or wifi router with it.  Though the blower would be nice for cleaning my deck off so I went ahead and got a second battery set with it. Looks like the drills are not very expensive at Amazon so I guess I’ll be moving towards Ryobi stuff now.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 4:39:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Bought the batteries and chose the inverter for power outages. Hoping I can run a lamp or wifi router with it.  Though the blower would be nice for cleaning my deck off so I went ahead and got a second battery set with it. Looks like the drills are not very expensive at Amazon so I guess I’ll be moving towards Ryobi stuff now.
View Quote

The blower in that deal is perfect for decks, patios, garage, walkways, etc. Not very powerful but perfect for those applications.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 4:43:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The blower in that deal is perfect for decks, patios, garage, walkways, etc. Not very powerful but perfect for those applications.
View Quote

PB9010 is my preferred choice for patios
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 7:28:29 PM EDT
[#38]
The angle grinder works. A little over 10 seconds to cut a piece of 3/8 rebar
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 7:34:21 PM EDT
[#39]
they didnt have any left at any local stores so I opted to "ship to home" and took the mini chainsaw as my free tool. The battery set showed up the next day (Sunday) and the tool on Monday. Needed new batts for some of the few ryobi tools I have and the chainsaw is great for pruning and saplings. Could come in handy for zombie apocalypses or vampire uprisings too.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 7:34:45 PM EDT
[#40]
I needed some batteries and slacked and the hedge trimmer was OOS last week.  Decided to sign up for alert.
Less than a day later I saw the "in stock" alert.
Ordered.
Then I got a email saying that the order was backordered even though HD.com show over 200 in stock when I ordered.
Then a day later I got a shipped notice.
Sending me mixed messages. lol.

Link Posted: 5/24/2022 9:33:35 PM EDT
[#41]
This will trigger some on here....  But, you can buy the battery kit with the free tool.  Then return the kit or the tool.  It woks the same on the HD Ryobi to Milwaukee tools.  HD has allowed this for years...
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 9:50:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309434/20220524_192701_jpg-2396024.JPG
View Quote

Is that the regular or brushless? The only thing I would want a cordless angle grinder for would be for cutting things away from electricity. I have 3 corded, so I have no need around the shop.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 7:33:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Is that the regular or brushless? The only thing I would want a cordless angle grinder for would be for cutting things away from electricity. I have 3 corded, so I have no need around the shop.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309434/20220524_192701_jpg-2396024.JPG

Regular but it's a newer model than the two older brushed versions
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 3:35:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
they didnt have any left at any local stores so I opted to "ship to home" and took the mini chainsaw as my free tool. The battery set showed up the next day (Sunday) and the tool on Monday. Needed new batts for some of the few ryobi tools I have and the chainsaw is great for pruning and saplings. Could come in handy for zombie apocalypses or vampire uprisings too.
View Quote

Anyone have any issues buying the chainsaw?  The link on Ryobi goes to a HomeDepot page that doesn't work, and if you plug the Ryobi part# into HD's site I see the chain saw but at significantly more that $99 and not available as a free add-on.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 10:25:08 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Bought the tire inflator... Tired of pulling out compressor just to air up bike tires and such. Will work well for daughter's race car at the track too.
View Quote

Me too, as I got the $199 battery pack and the electric chain saw. I'm stuck in an apartment for the time being and have no wear to store a gas chain saw because of the fumes. We have some property in the mountains with a cleared section, but you still get some fallen trees and branches that the saw should help with. We also have a Goal Zero and a solar panel that we can charge the batteries with.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 10:54:57 AM EDT
[#46]
I bought the Rigid branded system, tools are the same, batteries are different. Rigid gives you a lifetime warranty on everything. Tool, chargers, batteries. I picked up the 1/2" impact initially. Then got the R9225 kit which comes with a 1/2" hammer drill, 1/4" impact driver, sawzall, multi tool, Charger, 2AH & 4AH Max batteries plus a bonus two additional 4AH Max batteries and a 7-1/4 circular saw that is a beast. $349 with a new Home Depot credit card $50 credit.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 9:04:20 PM EDT
[#47]
I got the batteries and inverter in today. Charged up one of the batteries and then have a few devices charging from it. While it does not have a USB C port, I can use the AC outlet to plug in a USB C PD adapter and get the power I need.

As I go along, I'll look at tools. I might get the smaller tire inflator to keep in the car. I may have to look into a 12V car charger for the batteries, though.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 3:25:32 PM EDT
[#48]
HD got me.  But not for my own set.  Got dad a battery set and inflator for fathers day.   Brother is getting him another battery set and some other tool.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 9:16:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Just ordered the $199 battery set with the 10" chainsaw.  Not sure why, I can easily handle the trees on my small lot with my M18 recip saw.  Oh well....
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 9:28:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Pretty sure the M12 FUEL stubby 3/8 impact, or the M18 impacts would.

Stubby has 250ft lb of breakaway torque.

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Products/Power-Tools/Fastening/Impact-Wrenches/2554-20
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome. I bought 3. Off to the store

Pretty sure the M12 FUEL stubby 3/8 impact, or the M18 impacts would.

Stubby has 250ft lb of breakaway torque.

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Products/Power-Tools/Fastening/Impact-Wrenches/2554-20
the 3/8 stubby has quite the sets of nuts on it if u use the 4 or 6 amp battry. ive snapped two studs w it.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top