Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 5/14/2022 10:11:39 PM EDT
She has been wanting one for a few years.  I spend lots of weekends in the woods riding bikes and she stays at home or sits in the truck. She wants to go camp but refuses to stay in a tent.

I have an f150 so we were looking light weight. We’re looking at a Nobo 19.1 toy hauler but the living space was extremely small for a 26’ trailer.

We wanted to see a new jayco micro lite setup for off grid camping but they are unobtanium. Dealer showed us these mini Winnie’s and we were sold.

Dual solar panels, 3k inverter, power awning, power jacks, lithium battery bank, even good year duratrac tires.  Interior is perfect for the two of us and our mutts.  It’s set up for off grid. No need for a generator, the solar will run the ac and everything else using the battery bank. I can get my 300 in the bed and toss my trials bike on a hitch carrier on the back of the trailer or I may get a sled deck for the truck.

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:12:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice!
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:13:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Beautiful rig! What’s the price of admission?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:15:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

$45k, could have gotten it less maybe if we drove further. You have to pay a bit for the solar and the lithium battery bank.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:15:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Says $44,990 on the side in the first picture. Seems a bit steep.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:16:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Holy shit, $45k?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:16:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry.  

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:16:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:17:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks nice.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:17:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Holy shit, $45k?
View Quote

Shit ain’t cheap.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:17:50 PM EDT
[#10]
 Like!
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:18:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was on sale. Toy hauler was $43k and we would have needed a generator and solar panels still.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:19:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Good lord.  I guess I'll go be poor somewhere else.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:19:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Holy shit, $45k?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:19:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Shit ain’t cheap.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Holy shit, $45k?

Shit ain’t cheap.

Oh yes it is..  

Are you good with basic plumbing, wood working and DC electrical?  Those tend to be the most common issues.  

Seriously though..  They are nice as long as you have a basic mechanical knowledge on how they work and how to fix them.  
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:20:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Shit ain’t cheap.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Holy shit, $45k?

Shit ain’t cheap.

7k buys a NICE used trailer.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:20:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

It does seem high.  

But.  A lot depends on the area it is being sold and i would suppose material cost nowadays.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:21:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Oh yes it is..  

Are you good with basic plumbing, wood working and DC electrical?  Those tend to be the most common issues.  

Seriously though..  They are nice as long as you have a basic mechanical knowledge on how they work and how to fix them.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Holy shit, $45k?

Shit ain’t cheap.

Oh yes it is..  

Yeah I get that. Sinks are actually metal, faucets are metal.

I am fairly mechanical and have remodeled 3 houses and have done tons of mechanical repairs on motorized/electrical shit.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:21:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Holy shit, $45k?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:22:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Looks awesome! I’d love something like that myself one day.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:22:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Take a generator anyway.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:23:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Holy shit, $45k?

Shit ain’t cheap.

I imagine it does if you want a used trailer.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:23:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Looks great. I’m sure y’all will have a great time with it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:24:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Thank goodness dual axle. I see all these that size single axle that don't pull for crap.

Enjoy.

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:25:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I am fairly mechanical and have remodeled 3 houses and have done tons of mechanical repairs on motorized/electrical shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Holy shit, $45k?

Shit ain’t cheap.

Oh yes it is..  

Wait till that damn slide out gives you shit.  

I was always fixing those mechanical turds.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:25:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Those are nice trailers. Too heavy for my 4Runner, or I would have bought one.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:25:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Looks great. I’m sure y’all will have a great time with it.
View Quote

We live right by your username.  Have a 3 day trip planned for next month.  Two days at a music fest then one night in the mountains riding single track. I also have 5 trials events planned for the rest of this year.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:26:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Very nice. Get a Starlink dish for when you're camping
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:26:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Thank goodness dual axle. I see all these that size single axle that don't pull for crap.

Enjoy.

View Quote

Yeah, wanted dual axles for sure. It should tow pretty damn good.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:27:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Very nice. Get a Starlink dish for when you're camping
View Quote

It’s on the list of things the wife wants.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:29:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Sorry OP.

Not trying to come off as a dick.  

They really are nice trailers.  But you need to have a good understanding on how they work so you can fix them yourself and save a ton of money and headache.  

I hope you enjoy it and have a great time with it!  
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:29:38 PM EDT
[#31]
I'd like to interject on OP's behalf, although I don't know OP, or a damn thing about campers.  

For those that are implying he paid too much....

Have you bought literally anything lately?  Bread, gas, a 2x4, ammo, beef, a house, a car?  

Nothing is fucking inexpensive.  Everything is through the roof.  

He's got two choices - 1. Pay what it currently costs and enjoy having his wife with him when he's on adventures, or
2. Wait till the price comes down, like that has ever happened with anything.  

I'm sure there are folks here that could have found a better deal for a quarter of the price, and there are plenty here that will admonish him for paying that price for his new toy, but he already bought it.  How about we congratulate him and wish him plenty of good times in his new camper.  

OP- Assuming you can afford it, good on you!  Have fun with it! (I'm assuming there's a door for the shitter, that would be weird if there wasn't ).
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:33:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Sorry OP.

They really are nice trailers.  But you need to have a good understanding on how they work so you can fix them yourself and save a ton of money and headache.  

View Quote

He's way passed the "saving money" part
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:36:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Nice OP. $45k is not bad in our economy.  Do not listen to the horror stories of people that bought cheap shit and had it fall apart.  Over the past 3 years I have done far less work on my RV than I have on my house.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:40:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Nice rig.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:42:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorry OP.

You can make more money...  

If he and his family have a good time in it, make good memories with it and it makes them happy?  Good for them.  That would make it worth the expense.

I made a living working on them for years.  I know the ins and outs.. I saw the anger and pain some of the less knowledgeable customers went through dealing with some of the issues with them.  In most cases.. a little common sense and some aptitude on their part would have saved them from those feelings.  I also the sheer stupidity that can be done by the manufacturers.  
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:43:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Congrats. Sounds like you’ll have a blast.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:43:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'd like to interject on OP's behalf, although I don't know OP, or a damn thing about campers.  

Have you bought literally anything lately?  Bread, gas, a 2x4, ammo, beef, a house, a car?  

He's got two choices - 1. Pay what it currently costs and enjoy having his wife with him when he's on adventures, or

I'm sure there are folks here that could have found a better deal for a quarter of the price, and there are plenty here that will admonish him for paying that price for his new toy, but he already bought it.  How about we congratulate him and wish him plenty of good times in his new camper.  

OP- Assuming you can afford it, good on you!  Have fun with it! (I'm assuming there's a door for the shitter, that would be weird if there wasn't ).
View Quote

We wouldn’t buy it if we couldn’t afford it. It’s been something my wife has wanted for a few years now. It’s gonna be fun using it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:44:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

We wouldn’t buy it if we couldn’t afford it. It’s been something my wife has wanted for a few years now. It’s gonna be fun using it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope you have a great time with it!  

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:46:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Take a generator anyway.
View Quote

Agreed
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:47:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Tell me you haven’t shopped trailers in the last couple of years without saying you haven’t shopped trailers in the last couple of years.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:49:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:50:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Use the shit out of it and have fun.  Don't let the folks that bag on you for spending your money on your interfere with your enjoyment of your new camper.  

Any plans for upgrades?  That's always a topic with campers, and one I always enjoy reading about.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:50:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Tell me you haven’t shopped trailers in the last couple of years without saying you haven’t shopped trailers in the last couple of years.
View Quote

Looked 10 minutes ago
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:52:36 PM EDT
[#44]
If you paid sticker for that I feel bad for you.

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:52:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Shit ain’t cheap.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Holy shit, $45k?

Shit ain’t cheap.

IDK, my parents bought a 38ft trailer for $30k a year ago.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:54:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Congrats, enjoy.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:59:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Looks nice! Hope you two enjoy it and make some memories.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:59:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Boy that's a lot of money, but that trailer is really well laid out for it's size, & two axles too.
I like it.
I would have to buy one like that used (10yrs. or older), to afford the same thing.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:00:44 PM EDT
[#49]
I’m skeptical that two full size solar panels will run your A/C.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:04:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Be sure and give us a review later after you’ve taken it out.  Guess power is mostly for heating or cooling.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top