BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 257
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 12:30:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Nailcrusher:

Then why even read and post in a thread like this?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By azerious58:
I'm soo over prepper talk.

Then why even read and post in a thread like this?

In case there's something interesting.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 12:39:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Greyswandir:
JFC. I was prepped for 2 weeks, now I gotta prep for 2 years? My wife is gonna hate that I have filled the attic, garage, theater room and the guest room with expired MREs, bags of rice and beans, and little debbie snack cakes
View Quote

2 Years?!?!? He said 20 years
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 12:42:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By HangfiresGhost:

Same here.

Repetition breeds complacency.

But as noted, this one is different. This is the end game being perpetrated on America. You can roll over and accept what's coming down the pike, or you can resist.

And being somewhat self sustaining is the number one way of resisting.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HangfiresGhost:
Originally Posted By Alacran:
Originally Posted By Sader762:
I have preps, I've been doing so for decades. But you know, after a while, I get sick and tired of hearing the doom and gloom that the entire world societies will completely fall apart. Over the past 50 years we've had multiple "this is the one, get ready! " it's all very tiresome. The world's not gonna collapse, ARFcoms wet dream of lawlessness and fending for yourselves will never happen.

Hearing is one thing, seeing is another.  If you're not seeing what's going on with the world's food supply, then the warning will most likely fall on deaf ears.

Same here.

Repetition breeds complacency.

But as noted, this one is different. This is the end game being perpetrated on America. You can roll over and accept what's coming down the pike, or you can resist.

And being somewhat self sustaining is the number one way of resisting.
being somewhat self sustaining at the very least opens up more options you would have otherwise. For example like the option to NOT having to stand in a crowded area/lines to get food or water - as Ole Remus said - avoid crowded places (miss Remus and the woodpile report... sigh... I can only imagine the words he would write about current times - but one things for sure - he would preach some preps and avoiding crowds no matter the times)
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 12:44:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By macpherson:
The US has enough farmland to feed the entire country and then some.

Water filters?  LOL yeah let's buy 2 years worth of water filters.  This guy made his living in war zones and his advice works there but not so good elsewhere.
View Quote
We can feed the entire world.

As long as we have fuel and fertilizer.,
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 12:48:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tango] [#5]
I think one big thing to factor in is the Government is directly trying to sabotage people from being self sufficient.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 12:53:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Tango:
I think one big thing to factor in is the Government is directly trying to sabotage people from being self sufficient.
View Quote

Wasn't/isn't there some law on the books that makes "food hording" (more than some arbitrary limit of like 3 weeks or something) illegal?   It was widely discussed here a few years back.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 12:58:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Tango:
View Quote

Self reliant people are difficult to control, especially when they don't want or need anything you have.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 12:59:27 PM EDT
[#8]
If you need to stock 2 years of food we're all fucked anyway
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 1:09:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 1:10:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By burnka871:
View Quote

Well, pretty much!  If you have 2 years of food, it better be at a remote (and I don't mean just off the main road, I mean middle of nowhere) location where you'll have no contact with outsiders. After a month of limited food, people will be wondering why you and yours aren't so skinny.....  

Link Posted: 5/5/2022 1:14:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Two years?   The freaking Mad Max thunderdome world you’ll be living in at that point you better have a damned army too.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 1:14:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CPT_CAVEMAN] [#12]
View Quote

Pretty much.

I agree with him to a point. Our betters have been talking about how people will have to deal with not having everything they want on the shelves which is something I don't even remember them saying with C19. But think there will be food it just won't be your first choice and might cost 87% more. Other countries might not be as lucky
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 1:16:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Well this sucks for us poors.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 1:21:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Who the fuck has room to stock up on 2 years of supplies?
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 1:22:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Here is another dire warning…. Stop living your life listening to these assholes.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 1:24:27 PM EDT
[#16]
This could be an indication of a food shortage within nature when wildlife starts venturing into the more populated areas searching for food in broad daylight.  

i.e. - Harvesting game may not be a viable backup plan if things continue on this path.

Coyote shot and killed in area where Dallas 2-year-old was attacked; boy expected to recover
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 1:35:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By USMC2111:

Well, pretty much!  If you have 2 years of food, it better be at a remote (and I don't mean just off the main road, I mean middle of nowhere) location where you'll have no contact with outsiders. After a month of limited food, people will be wondering why you and yours aren't so skinny.....  

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By USMC2111:

60% of the population will be dead in 30 days if society breaks down to the point of there being no food resupply. Seriously, after about 7-10 days things will get damn interesting.

Majority of population:
Eat what you have on hand and possibly managed to scrounge from store during panic = 2-3 days
Possibly get food from sympathetic neighbor who had a little extra = 1-2 days
Go hungry = 2 days
That’s 7 days……then what?……desperation?

Link Posted: 5/5/2022 1:40:30 PM EDT
[#18]

@dogsandhogs

Occupying Government of United States.  Sounds like the Biden regime.

My estimate: this will not be a two-year famine. Most famines go for roughly two years. The Great PanFaWar is shaping up to be a long hauler. Sometime in 2022, the famines will become obvious. By end of 2023, colossal. These will create enormous HOP: Human Osmotic Pressure to migrate. OGUS — the Occupying Government of United States — is expanding the Darien Pipeline through Darien Gap which can and likely will facilitate millions of Asians, Africans, and South Americans into United States. Europe did similar and suffers for it greatly now. Wrecking entire areas of Europe and causing Europeans to change their way of life. Watching their women get raped. Mass terror attacks. Priest decapitated in church. That sort of thing. Just reality. My currency is reality.

https://michaelyon.com/dispatches/2023-2024-will-be-hell-on-earth/
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 1:43:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By brgator:

He saw COVID coming while the media was still spending 100% of the time on impeachment.  It is good enough that I pay attention.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By brgator:
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

What's his accuracy rate when predicting stuff?

He saw COVID coming while the media was still spending 100% of the time on impeachment.  It is good enough that I pay attention.

So did a lot of people here. I was way ahead of the curve by following the big Wuhan thread when I was lurking.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 1:45:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 1:49:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By AR-10:
I was standing in the grocery store the other day debating whether to pay $8.00 for bacon or wait till it costs $10.00.
View Quote

What kind and what quantity bacon are you buying?

A twelve ounce (12oz) package of butterball lower sodium turkey bacon has been under three dollars for many years now for the longest time.

You must be getting that cadillac fancy hoity-toity stuff.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 1:51:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By TNC:

Like in Venezuela?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TNC:
Originally Posted By ClayHollisterTT:
Two years?  Even if he is right it won’t help.

If millions are starving, one way or another, you won’t be sitting on two years of food.

He may mean it will last a good two years with occasional resupply during that time.  

Also, food is a weapon governments like to use to subvert and control the population. In that case, having food is having freedom from that control.

I am certainly on board with stocking up but if people are literally starving, sweeping change is coming.

Like in Venezuela?

I wonder what it is like for preppers there.  How many have had things confiscated and how many have been able to hang on to what they own.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 1:51:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Canoeguy] [#23]
The anti-preppers always paint the most extreme sort of picture to attempt to discredit the idea of having supplies. “It will be pure anarchy by then”, “long pig, the other white meat”, “roving gangs, you won’t last that long”

Yet there are many, many instances in the real world where people suffer and struggle for years. 3rd world countries, rationing during wars, revolutions. A stocked pantry buys you time. Time to garden, time to work at other things, and time to make intelligent decisions.

But most importantly to me having a healthy pantry buys you independence from a very real control that has been used by government for as long as we have history. Many of you have thousands of rounds, body armor, gear and etc. in case you “need to defend our country against all enemies foreign and domestic” yet you can’t even feed your family if the trucks stopped for a week. You think you are a patriot and ready but you are full of shit.

Yes we have the capabilities to grow more than enough food in America. But the problem is we don’t grow all crops everywhere. You want food in Lee County, VA? You better like beef because we don’t grow grain, potatoes, corn, onions, pigs, dairy or anything else on any scale.  We can, but we would need time and specialized equipment we don’t have and in the event of an emergency may not be able to get. Do you guys really think Venezuela can’t grow enough food to feed its population? Yet how many photos have people eating from dumpsters. The same people that were likely texting friends from a smart phone months prior. How about Argentina, month and months of protracted suffering.

Now I would say I don’t care what everyone does, but that is a lie. This is my country and I want it to survive and prosper. That is best achieved by at least a part of our populace being smart enough to spend a couple hundred dollars on insurance so that they will be able to be a part of the solution rather than a burden on their friends and neighbors should a disaster occur.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 1:51:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ClayHollisterTT] [#24]
Originally Posted By Nixvio:

A twelve ounce (12oz) package of butterball lower sodium turkey bacon
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 1:52:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Yon still blaming America for Mexico's gun violence?

Link Posted: 5/5/2022 1:52:44 PM EDT
[#26]

A twelve ounce (12oz) package of butterball lower sodium turkey bacon has been under three dollars for many years now for the longest time.

View All Quotes
I was standing in the grocery store the other day debating whether to pay $8.00 for bacon or wait till it costs $10.00.

Rumor has it the high-dollar stuff is made from pigs, and is therefore actual bacon.

Link Posted: 5/5/2022 1:55:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Canoeguy:
The anti-preppers always paint the most extreme sort of picture to attempt to discredit the idea of having supplies. “It will be pure anarchy by then”, “long pig, the other white meat”, “roving gangs, you won’t last that long”

Yet there are many, many instances in the real world where people suffer and struggle for years. 3rd world countries, rationing during wars, revolutions. A stocked pantry buys you time. Time to garden, time to work at other things, and time to make intelligent decisions.

But most importantly to me is it buys you independence from a very real control that has been used by government for as long as we have history.

Yes we have the capabilities to grow more than enough food in America. But the problem is we don’t grow all crops everywhere. You want food in Lee County, VA? You better like beef because we don’t grow grain, potatoes, corn, onions, pigs, dairy or anything else on any scale.  We can, but we would need time and specialized equipment we don’t have and in the event of an emergency may not be able to get.

Many of you have thousands of rounds, body armor, gear and etc. in case you “need to defend our country against all enemies foreign and domestic” yet you can’t even feed your family if the trucks stopped for a week. You think you are a patriot and ready but you are full of shit.

Do you guys really think Venezuela can’t grow enough food to feed its population? Yet how many photos have people eating from dumpsters. The same people that were likely texting friends from a smart phone months prior. How about Argentina, month and months of protracted suffering.

Now I would say I don’t care what everyone does, but that is a lie. This is my country and I want it to survive and prosper. That is best achieved by at least a part of our populace being smart enough to spend a couple hundred dollars on insurance so that they will be able to be a part of the solution rather than a burden on their friends and neighbors should a disaster occur.
View Quote

Guess we're all about to find out.

Link Posted: 5/5/2022 1:57:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: QCMGR] [#28]
Originally Posted By Canoeguy: But the problem is we don’t grow all crops everywhere. You want food in Lee County, VA? You better like beef because we don’t grow grain, potatoes, corn, onions, pigs, dairy or anything else on any scale.
View Quote

Really?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 2:00:27 PM EDT
[#29]

If millions are starving, one way or another, you won’t be sitting on two years of food.
View Quote

exactly  not sure  i can effectively defend my two years worth of food in my easily defeatable builders-grade subdivision house.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 2:03:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By ClusterNukes:
Fuck it, I guess I'll just start eating the surplus population.
View Quote

It’s been sone before when things get really tight.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 2:03:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Been sampling food well beyond its best by date. Sort of a trial run.

Some of you may have seen the threads.

Might need that "skill" in the future, it seems.

Link Posted: 5/5/2022 2:03:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Canoeguy] [#32]

Really, come on down and show me the fields. We grow feed corn. If we grew grain I wouldn't have to source it from other areas and be pushing for farmers here to grow it for our distillery. But hey, maybe you live here too and can show me all this production farming that sheet says we have.

Hell, I think there is only one combine maybe two in the county. Now am I saying there in none being grown, of course not. But there isn't enough to matter.

ETA: We actually have done a little commercial farming and I am rolling around in the back of my head growing rye and Barley at some point in the near future. It was a big deal last year and made the rounds when we were able to buy a single ton of rye from a neighboring county for the first time.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 2:06:00 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

The logistics and cost to keep those good secure are a major obstacle.   Hiding is really the only option.

Imagine in a dog eat dog world your fit and fat.  Others will notice for sure. Sure many of us have property etc but no one is going to respect your boundaries or your possessions.  
  One can only protect so much
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 2:06:44 PM EDT
[#34]
This is going to be bigger than Y2K
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 2:08:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 2:11:31 PM EDT
[#36]

You should be having conversations with those folks right now. Anyone not on that list gets nothing. That may sound uncaring and inhumane but that’s just a decision that will need to be made during SHTF.
View All Quotes

We've been doing the stock up thing for 20 years. I think we have food for 6 months and meds are sketchy.
Getting through severely hard times for two years is more than we can do.

People we take in had better have things to contribute.

You should be having conversations with those folks right now. Anyone not on that list gets nothing. That may sound uncaring and inhumane but that’s just a decision that will need to be made during SHTF.

It’s become hard to find people that you can trust and will put in the work. There are plenty of like minded people but trusting them isn’t always wise.  Not a good place to be in.
I’m honestly exhausted trying to hammer stuff home to friends.
They honestly think they can just hunt their food if it comes down to it.  I always respond with asking if they will eat people if needed .  
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 2:30:09 PM EDT
[#37]
To stir the conspiracy pot further, here are some stories that have ran in the Australian media within the past month or so...

Adelaide university researchers push insect diet as sustainable food source | 7NEWS

Why ham and salami could cause cancer | 7NEWS

Link Posted: 5/5/2022 2:30:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bacon_Grease] [#38]

View Quote

Indeed 2 years is an insane amount to try and stock up on.  We're talking 2 literal pallets of MREs (per individual).

For guys out there with real disposable income to drop 10-20k on supplies I guess this is an easy thing.

But anyone that well set up is going to become a target only just months into a famine.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 2:38:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Sader762:
I have preps, I've been doing so for decades. But you know, after a while, I get sick and tired of hearing the doom and gloom that the entire world societies will completely fall apart. Over the past 50 years we've had multiple "this is the one, get ready! " it's all very tiresome. The world's not gonna collapse, ARFcoms wet dream of lawlessness and fending for yourselves will never happen.
View Quote

Oh that happened.  It was a test run.  It was called BLM summer of love.   Nobody did shit.  Nobody will do shit come teotwawki.  Anyone who stands up, will be doxxed and prosecuted, ask the couple from MO.  The good man is fucked no matter how much you want to stock up.  People/governmets will seize and redistribute all your supplies.   The FBI will lie and prosecute those who grumble and turn them into felons while they create the plans to kidnap someone stupid, like a governor or something.   If you go to a public building and are invited in by the police, they'll later arrest you and hold you as a terrorist and deny you due process. (Jan 6).  

Only the good die young, and if you haven't noticed, nobody will help the good guy or the one prepared.  They will be vilified relentlessly.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 2:42:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Mach:
Hunger is a powerful motivator

I ate cooked rabbit shit and was glad to eat it.
It is definitely better warm

No I am not joking
View Quote

Not sure if SEREious

Link Posted: 5/5/2022 2:45:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By callmestick:
Who the fuck has room to stock up on 2 years of supplies?
View Quote

You don't have a spare bedroom with a closet, or a basement?

Space is usually not the barrier to success.  Cost is.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 2:53:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By whollyshite:
Bah!  Garbage.  No one needs to stock up.  There's Walmarts everywhere.  You can just go there.  You'll be fine.
View Quote

I sense the sarcasm and I agree with you....  But 2 years?  If its that bad that 2 years of preps is recommended, I have serious reservations that most will live long enough to use it up or not have it taken from them unless its all at a some bug out location.  And even then I have to wonder.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 3:00:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Canoeguy:

But most importantly to me having a healthy pantry buys you independence from a very real control that has been used by government for as long as we have history. Many of you have thousands of rounds, body armor, gear and etc. in case you “need to defend our country against all enemies foreign and domestic” yet you can’t even feed your family if the trucks stopped for a week. You think you are a patriot and ready but you are full of shit.

Yes we have the capabilities to grow more than enough food in America. But the problem is we don’t grow all crops everywhere. You want food in Lee County, VA? You better like beef because we don’t grow grain, potatoes, corn, onions, pigs, dairy or anything else on any scale.  We can, but we would need time and specialized equipment we don’t have and in the event of an emergency may not be able to get. Do you guys really think Venezuela can’t grow enough food to feed its population? Yet how many photos have people eating from dumpsters. The same people that were likely texting friends from a smart phone months prior. How about Argentina, month and months of protracted suffering.

View Quote

Good points.  Why do some try to dissuade others from being self-sufficient?  To feel better about their lack of preparation?  "It won't matter cause the hood will raid and take it from you."  That's what Guns and armor and teamwork is for.  

So many have kit and arms, yet skimp on emergency supplies to take care of their family.  The gov even recommends two weeks of food, water, meds, hygiene.  A storm, hacking attack, accident, or civil unrest can pop up any time.  And while the country could feed all citizens, like canoeguy said, it is spread all over the country and not easy to distribute during an emergency, not to mention it depends on the emergency.

Biden and his handlers will probably prioritize illegals and other countries ahead of citizens...
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 3:04:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Dissident:

I sense the sarcasm and I agree with you....  But 2 years?  If its that bad that 2 years of preps is recommended, I have serious reservations that most will live long enough to use it up or not have it taken from them unless its all at a some bug out location.  And even then I have to wonder.
View All Quotes
Bah!  Garbage.  No one needs to stock up.  There's Walmarts everywhere.  You can just go there.  You'll be fine.

I would guess the 2 years is a buffer against first post-catastrophe year crop failure.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 3:04:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By SBRdAR:

@Mach

Mind sharing the story? More so what led up to that then the actual description of eating the rabbit shit
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SBRdAR:

No I am not joking

@Mach

Mind sharing the story? More so what led up to that then the actual description of eating the rabbit shit

SERE training in the dead of winter.

I was hungry.

I watched a chick ( fellow student ) eat an eyeball raw, so I decided to at least break even and dine on BBQed rabbit intestine and what was inside it ie rabbit shit.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 3:07:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By RightwingNutjob:
I would have just ate the rabbit or ate whatever the rabbit was eating. I don't see how the poop got on the menu
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RightwingNutjob:

No I am not joking
I would have just ate the rabbit or ate whatever the rabbit was eating. I don't see how the poop got on the menu

There was 1 small rabbit for 12 hungry people after several days of hiking in 3 foot snow and no food, everything got eaten.

The poop was in the intestines.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 3:09:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By viralinsurgency:

You don't have a spare bedroom with a closet, or a basement?

Space is usually not the barrier to success.  Cost is.
View Quote

Riiiiight. I'm a single dad with two boys in a two bedroom, 2.5 bath town house. I don't have a spare bedroom or a basement.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 3:09:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By HKH:

Not sure if SEREious

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HKH:

No I am not joking

Not sure if SEREious

Nice!
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 3:14:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By midmo:

I would guess the 2 years is a buffer against first post-catastrophe year crop failure.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By midmo:

2 years is a ridiculous amount of time to prep for. If you’re not in a community sustainable situation with other folks within a 6-12 month period you’re screwed. Preps are just to buy time while the world goes to Hell and starts sorting itself out.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 3:18:34 PM EDT
[#50]
If the SHTF, my survival group will only consist of people that are worthy of rebuilding society.

We will be called, "People that return their shopping carts to the corral."
Page / 257
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top