BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 19
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 4:35:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There’s going to be a post series movie like “El Camino” covering Jimmy McGill’s trial where he represents himself as Saul Goodman.
View Quote

Shut up and take my cash
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 6:28:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Have not been following it the past 2 seasons, I'll order them and binge watch them when they become available.
That being said, I guess some of the show was filmed in town here. A scene popped up in Twitter with Kim driving around Port Canaveral, apparently she had a carwash business here (in the show).
View Quote

Kim did end up in Florida, but the carwash was owned by Walt and Skyler White in Breaking Bad.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 6:46:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Better Call Saul: Why Vince Gilligan Made Committing Crimes Boring and Hard
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 7:29:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I think Kim definitely broke him. When she left him he went full Saul that we knew in BB. The last 3 interactions with her it was clearly showing how she fucked his head up.

I never liked how they portrayed Saul so different in both shows until now that I realize why Saul became that way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kim didn't fuck him up, she wanted to save herself. She stepped over when she thought it was doing [a little] bad to bad people, or in practice and application to help people (this was a Jimmy thing to giving the possiblity of redemption to other wayward souls), the ends justifying the means. But the Howard murder shot that down when she realized the implications of the direction she was going.

Yeah, Saul just went all don't give a fuck. Saul had his moments. During BB, and most of BCS, he was a sympathetic character, a lifeline to some questionable characters. But the last two episodes of BCS aren't reflecting well on him at all. The culture Jimmy was accustomed to, familiar with and comfortable in is his downfall.

I think Kim definitely broke him. When she left him he went full Saul that we knew in BB. The last 3 interactions with her it was clearly showing how she fucked his head up.

I never liked how they portrayed Saul so different in both shows until now that I realize why Saul became that way.

Well, that's the deal. Saul doesn't know when to shut things down. Kim was the best thing in his life. And she did it to stop the direction they were going. She wanted him to repent too. But he can't do it. His brother said that a number of times. Slippin' Jimmy.

They are pretty much running the parallel of Saul and Walter being very similar in some ways, but coming at it from two different angles.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 7:49:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

@Dagger41 it was based in Titusville
View Quote

@AJE cool ! Looking forward to watching that one.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 8:36:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 8:48:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 9:38:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Lyle.
It’s what the people want.
View Quote

Ten years later, Lyle and Ernesto are an unlikely duo investigating strange events from their first jobs that nearly dragged them into Albuquerque's criminal underworld.

There is a ton of planning in this thing...
How That ‘Better Call Saul’ Death Was Kept Secret From Bob Odenkirk & Rhea Seehorn | Making A Scene

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 4:43:13 PM EDT
[#9]
*Bump

Final episode soon..

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 4:46:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Tick tock
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:13:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Predictions for the final episode? Will Saul make a miraculous get away and go on to be an outlaw or will he go out with a whimper and be a prison lawyer? Does he come face to face with Kim again?
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:15:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Predictions for the final episode? Will Saul make a miraculous get away and go on to be an outlaw or will he go out with a whimper and be a prison lawyer? Does he come face to face with Kim again?
View Quote

I don’t know if they can kill him… but jail is a possibility.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:24:30 PM EDT
[#13]
They had a Talking Saul after last week's episode but not this one, the series finale.  That's odd.  I'm thinking the finale is going to be a disappointment.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:37:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
They had a Talking Saul after last week's episode but not this one, the series finale.  That's odd.  I'm thinking the finale is going to be a disappointment.  
View Quote

Saul will wake up with Kim next to him.
"I just had the strangest dream! There was an evil Chicken Man, a dirty cop, a high school teacher drug King pin...and we were both shady lawyers!"

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:42:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:14:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

"I just had the strangest dream! There was an evil Chicken Man, a dirty cop, a high school teacher drug King pin...and we were both shady lawyers!"

View Quote

I think the Bob Newhart waking up bad dream scene has been played out.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:15:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Gilligan is going to make a follow up movie like he did with 'El Camino' only this one is set in a trailer park and Kim and Skyler White are neighbors
that sit around on their fat asses drinking, smoking cigarettes and talking all day and trying to top each other with stories about how shitty their ex husbands were.

It'll be hit sensation on GD because viewers will be able to trash Skyler and drool over Kim at the same time.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:19:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thus my reply was in response to the post I quoted, specifically the last sentence.
Such a shitty conclusion would indeed be most disappointing.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:25:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Alternate Breaking Bad Ending (Malcolm in the Middle Edition) OFFICIAL VIDEO
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 8:52:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think maybe he talks his way out of it.  Murderer type criminals employed him against his will

That or jail
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:02:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:26:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Even sitting in a jail cell, completely fucked, Slippin Jimmy's delusion doesn't stop.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:43:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Saul Epstein didn’t kill him self.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:44:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Even sitting in a jail cell, completely fucked, Slippin Jimmy's delusion doesn't stop.
View Quote

Dunno. Went from life plus a couple of centuries to 30 and now 7 and a half at a low security fed prison with a golf program. Seems to be doing pretty well for himself

Hanks wife (Marie) didn't look too happy on the way out. Maybe she'll wack him
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:45:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:59:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Saul and Kim working together?
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:59:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:17:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Is anyone else regretting the fact that they've watched this series in it's entirety?
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:31:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Well I stand corrected
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:36:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Well, that was certainly an ending.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:38:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:38:49 PM EDT
[#32]
well I guess thats a wrap, not the ending I would have chose or wanted to see.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:47:11 PM EDT
[#33]
I liked it. Subtle.

Click To View Spoiler

Looking forward to whatever Gilligan brings us next!
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:58:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I liked it. Subtle.

Click To View Spoiler

View Quote

Yep. He did the right thing and got Kim off of the hook and back to being a lawyer.  He went from a sentence of 7.5 years to 86 years
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:00:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:02:46 PM EDT
[#36]
I think Saul realized he had destroyed and would continue to destroy the lives of everyone around him.  Going to prison forever was the only way to stop him from hurting people.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:03:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Maybe less dark than other possible outcomes
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:10:20 PM EDT
[#38]
I liked it
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:14:53 PM EDT
[#39]
I want to boil Kim's panties. Goodbye Rhea Seehorn.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:20:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Is anyone else regretting the fact that they've watched this series in it's entirety?
View Quote

Why would I regret watching Better Call Saul?  It was a great show and much better than Breaking Bad.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:21:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yep. He did the right thing and got Kim off of the hook and back to being a lawyer.  He went from a sentence of 7.5 years to 86 years
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I liked it. Subtle.

Click To View Spoiler

Don't think Kim is back to being a lawyer. Saul asked how she got in and she said it turns out her Bar ID card didn't have an expiration date on it. She scammed her way in. For old times sake maybe?
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:23:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Don't think Kim is back to being a lawyer. Saul asked how she got in and she said it turns out her Bar ID card didn't have an expiration date on it. She scammed her way in. For old times sake maybe?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I liked it. Subtle.

Click To View Spoiler

Was basically doing lawyer stuff at Florida legal aid center so maybe she wants to go back with a clean conscience
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:48:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Bob Odenkirk has signed on to an upcoming AMC dramedy called Straight Man, based on a Richard Russo novel. And Giancarlo Esposito (Gus Fring in both Saul and Breaking Bad) will star in future drama The Driver, playing a chauffeur to a gangster.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:53:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

I can barely remember it anyway the seasons were so spread out.

Pretty good ending though.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:16:37 AM EDT
[#45]
I thought that was a nice wrap up to the story.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:38:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:42:09 AM EDT
[#47]
One of the better series endings.  A true to Saul sentence wrecked by the redemption ark of Jimmy.  Well done.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 6:38:18 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

What did you expect?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
well I guess thats a wrap, not the ending I would have chose or wanted to see.

What did you expect?

Good question, part of me was hoping he got away and Kim came back to him, but this show and braking bad dont have happy endings.  I guess it was a fitting end to a cartel memeber, in real life there are never happy endings for those involved, show was no different.  Maybe Iam just bummed that  it's all over.  Good show.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 7:18:19 AM EDT
[#49]
"A slip and fall? So you always been like this?"
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 7:35:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Saul and Kim working together?
View Quote
Missed that one.  But it occurred to me before I posted it that it would be a cool way to end the show.  If Kim had made the confessions as part of one last scheme they'd cooked up to further reduce Saul's penalties.
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top