Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/24/2004 3:26:08 AM EDT
I have been reading over on tactical forums about recent Chechen activity in Iraq (this is the executive protection forum and many of these guys are high speed people who know what they are talking about). Some of them seem to be suggesting that there may be Chechens who are already here who may attempt some type attacks over the Summer. Evidently these guys aren't your typical Jihadi, but rather efficient operators. Here's the link that discusses them. The portion dealing with the potential threat here in the CONUS is down toward the bottom of the page.

Chechens

I gotta tell you, that's some pretty hair raising stuff if true. Since these guys aren't your typical Jihadist (seems they are just mercs more or less), I doubt they plan suicide attacks. So I guess we should expect bombings, sniper style shootings, etc. I don't understand how they plan on getting out of the country though, but they may have such plans. The Russian theatre attack/seige comes to mind. We certainly don't need another enemy in this nation to have to watch out for, especially one who looks more like a European as opposed to an Arab. That makes things much more difficult.

Again, I have no idea if this information is true, but those guys on that forum typically know what they speak. Therefore I'm willing to listen. I am going to post to that thread and attempt to learn more (without asking for too much info of course). I just want to know what to expect. I don't mean to post this to get everyone stirred up, as nothing may happen at all. But I know I like having a heads-up whenever possible and I assume the rest of you feel the same.

-CH
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 3:31:52 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have been reading over on tactical forums about recent Chechen activity in Iraq (this is the executive protection forum and many of these guys are high speed people who know what they are talking about). Some of them seem to be suggesting that there may be Chechens who are already here who may attempt some type attacks over the Summer. Evidently these guys aren't your typical Jihadi, but rather efficient operators. Here's the link that discusses them. The portion dealing with the potential threat here in the CONUS is down toward the bottom of the page.

Chechens

I gotta tell you, that's some pretty hair raising stuff if true. Since these guys aren't your typical Jihadist (seems they are just mercs more or less), I doubt they plan suicide attacks. So I guess we should expect bombings, sniper style shootings, etc. I don't understand how they plan on getting out of the country though, but they may have such plans. The Russian theatre attack/seige comes to mind. We certainly don't need another enemy in this nation to have to watch out for, especially one who looks more like a European as opposed to an Arab. That makes things much more difficult.

Again, I have no idea if this information is true, but those guys on that forum typically know what they speak. Therefore I'm willing to listen. I am going to post to that thread and attempt to learn more (without asking for too much info of course). I just want to know what to expect. I don't mean to post this to get everyone stirred up, as nothing may happen at all. But I know I like having a heads-up whenever possible and I assume the rest of you feel the same.

-CH

How are they going to get ojut of the country?  Why walk out through mexico, or walk out through Canada or go to california, vote in whatever election is running at the time, then walk out through mexico.

This is the easy stuff.
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 3:45:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Can anyone dig up some figures that show how many Chechen immigrants we've picked up over the past few years? It seems they think there are quite a few of them here.
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 3:52:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Tagged for later,

But I think the SHTF in the US of A.
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 3:54:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't know but all those Taxi drivers here in our Nation Capital look Chechens or Arabs to me.
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 4:00:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Ain't this the LIMIT!?
Man, ya gotta sympathize with poor Uncle Joe.
Joe Stalin forcibly removed all the Chechens (there have never been more than about a million of them) to the Siberian Gulags.  But as soon as the Big Guy bit the dust, his idiot underling, Nikita Khrushchev, let them all GO BACK TO CHECHNYA!  
What can you do?  You try and TRY to train your people right, get them pointed in the right direction, give them all the support they need, and then as soon as you let your eyes off of them they just turn around and act like IDIOTS!
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 4:01:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Another thing to chew on.....anyone notice the recent cooperation between Russia and the US? It seems just a bit odd that Putin revealed publicly for the first time the info he shared with Bush regarding Iraq. It seems much of our intel on the Chechens is coming from the Russians. Perhaps the Russians have gathered intel in Chechnya linking Iraq, the Chechens and perhaps Al-Qaeda. If there are Chechens in Iraq, they are there for one of two reasons. Either they are hired hands working for the Baath Party or Al-Qaida, or else they just want another fight for the hell of it.

While Saddam may not have worked directly with Al-Qaida, I could see where he could work with the Chechens. Maybe the Chechens wanted WMD ability to use against the Russians and in exchange, they agreed to trade services. Saddam would provide them with weapons to use on the Russians and in exchange they would launch attacks against us. The Chechens also have deep Al-Qaida ties, whether Saddam does or not. While this scenario may or may not be correct, it does make some sense. Perhaps this explains the whole Iraq War, the supposed Al-Qaida links and the WMD's. And maybe it's why the Russian attitude toward what's happening in Iraq suddenly seemed to take a U-turn. And perhaps that explains why the recent and unexpected intel from Russia surfaced. This may turn out to be a case where Bush was right afterall. I suppose time will tell. Sure is a heck of a thing to contemplate though and I hope my concerns are way off base. But recent activity is a bit strange.  Who knows? The world was a much easier place to understand during the Cold War. Now we never know what is going on.
-CH
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 4:47:03 AM EDT
[#7]
great, more trouble...
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 5:09:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Keep your mags loaded.  Keep a weapon near whenever possible.

Be vigilant.

This is going to get worse before it gets better.

Remember, we're in a fight that will determine what kind of world our children live in.  Statistically, my life is more than half over and it's been  good.  What happens to me doesn't matter as much as what happens to my kids.
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 5:19:35 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Be vigilant.

Remember, we're in a fight that will determine what kind of world our children live in.  Statistically, my life is more than half over and it's been  good.  What happens to me doesn't matter as much as what happens to my kids.

Word!
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 5:22:14 AM EDT
[#10]
christ you people need to get off the internet and out into the real world.  I used to hear all the time that TV would rot your brain, but I think the internet has far surpassed TV in brain-rotting power.
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 5:32:41 AM EDT
[#11]

Ain't that the truth!
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 5:33:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Norman,

I normally don't pay any attention at all to such rumors and stories. But in this case, I consider the source. These are professionals who are in the business and know what's going on. Read the thread and you'll see this. This isn't internet commandos making up SHTF scenarios. They are people who work for Blackwater USA, are or were special forces troops, etc. Read their messages in the above link and you'll see what I saw. I don't think this is BS or I wouldn't have posted it. Considering the source, I feel it was worth mentioning. Should this be for real, this won't be suicide attacks. This sounds like a group that may already be in place and will conduct guerilla warfare within our own borders. You saw the effect and scope of the situation involving the Beltway snipers. What could a whole group of well trained and motivated people do? It's worth considering. If this pans out, I would expect to see the same type of attacks in this country that we've seen in Iraq. Kidnappings, executions, sniper attacks, bombings, etc. Not your Jihadist crap, but hit and run attacks with the attacker living to fight another day.

I certainly hope such a situation doesn't come to pass. But considering the building threat and in light of 9/11 and more recent events, it would be foolish to stick our heads in the sand and ignore it. Ignoring the threat was what caused 9/11 to happen in the first place. But again, use this info any way you see fit. We all have our opinions. But you can bet my state of awareness will be a little higher now, since the nature of the threat may be changing. We may now have to watch out for what would appear as an ordinary white boy, not just Ahab.

-CH
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 5:33:39 AM EDT
[#13]
I'll be a lot more convinced of Russia's sincerity on mutual security issues when I see them curtailing their sales of sophisticated military equipment to the Chicoms - especially aircraft like the SU-30.

The Russians have been telling the world that the Chechans are the same type of Islamoterrorists that have threatened and attacked the western world. The Russians are the ones who first reported the ties between the Chechans and al Quida. We are now finally acknowledging this as true. The Russians also warned us of the threat posed by our support for Islamic Albania at the expense of the Serbs in the Balkans. We didn't listen, of course, and Albania has since become a base for al Quidas' attack on Spain and for future operations against western Europe. The fundamental lessons of history appear to be a little foggy to the intelligence community in the US. The last two battlegrounds between the crusaders of Islam and Western civilization were in exactly these two areas of the world - Spain and the Balkans. These are the areas where the Islamic conquest of the west was halted and driven back. It is also interesting to note that in much the same way that the Spanish once invited the Moors into their country, the nations of western Europe are inviting the Islamists in today. I can guarantee you that these lessons in history are not lost on the Islamoterrorists. They have stated as much in their propoganda for anyone who has been paying attention.

Whether any of these new found revelations by the US lead to closer cooperation between the US and Russia still remains to be seen. It's an awkward dance between two nations with many years of mutual distrust.
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 5:35:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Good info. Thanks for the heads up. The Chechens are absolutely brutal... Our police methods would need major retooling if they were to come to America and start some stuff.

I'm starting to feel like we're living in the butt-end of that old "May you live in interesting times" joke.
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 5:35:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Don't the Chechens have enough enemies?  By the time they are done there won't be a living Chechen on the planet.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 5:41:32 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Don't the Chechens have enough enemies?  By the time they are done there won't be a living Chechen on the planet.

GunLvr

Evidently the bastards just love a good fight. As if the Russians wasn't enough to occupy them, now they are in Iraq killing our troops and running amuck. I guess they are just hired guns. Or as said before, they just really love to fight. Maybe it's both. Let's just hope the bastards run out of bodies as you say.
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 5:42:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Hopefully, there will be tacit US approval and support given to the Russians in their battle with the Chechens. If Russia were to really turn up the heat on Chechnya, it might cause all the freelancing Chechens to return home for the slaughter. And I am not naive enough to believe that there is another solution to the Chechnyian problem other than their anihilation... they themselves offer no other solution.    
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 5:53:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 5:58:29 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Norman,

I normally don't pay any attention at all to such rumors and stories. But in this case, I consider the source. These are professionals who are in the business and know what's going on. Read the thread and you'll see this. This isn't internet commandos making up SHTF scenarios. They are people who work for Blackwater USA, are or were special forces troops, etc. Read their messages in the above link and you'll see what I saw. I don't think this is BS or I wouldn't have posted it. Considering the source, I feel it was worth mentioning. Should this be for real, this won't be suicide attacks. This sounds like a group that may already be in place and will conduct guerilla warfare within our own borders. You saw the effect and scope of the situation involving the Beltway snipers. What could a whole group of well trained and motivated people do? It's worth considering. If this pans out, I would expect to see the same type of attacks in this country that we've seen in Iraq. Kidnappings, executions, sniper attacks, bombings, etc. Not your Jihadist crap, but hit and run attacks with the attacker living to fight another day.

I certainly hope such a situation doesn't come to pass. But considering the building threat and in light of 9/11 and more recent events, it would be foolish to stick our heads in the sand and ignore it. Ignoring the threat was what caused 9/11 to happen in the first place. But again, use this info any way you see fit. We all have our opinions. But you can bet my state of awareness will be a little higher now, since the nature of the threat may be changing. We may now have to watch out for what would appear as an ordinary white boy, not just Ahab.

-CH

OK, so what do you propose we do?  that's the issue I have with all this alarmist crap.  Nobody ever has a solution.
I was visiting Baltimore in the middle of all that beltway sniper crap.  You know how it changed my behavior?  Not one iota.  I did all the things I wanted to do when I was there and didn't give it a second thought.  You could tell some people were scared/worried, but I wasn't.  WTF could I do about it?  Stay at home & hide?  I was there for my grandfather's funeral at Arlington.  You can goddamn well be I wasn't staying home.

IF some chechen or whatever takes it upon himself (themselves?) to start attacking folks here, the only thing I can see changing is that it will be alot easier to get a table at my favorite restaurant because all the chickens will be at home.
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 6:03:06 AM EDT
[#20]
For those following this thread, I just received a reply from "Kensho" who is a moderator at that forum. Here's what he says regarding the nature of this threat:

"ChargingHandle,
glad you stopped by and hope you continue to do so.

Sources are legit I can assure you at the countries highest level.

Something that the sheeple and skeptical types need to remember is that 9/11 which was a Low Tech/High Concept type of attack was not thought to be a REAL THREAT either. Many thought and continue to think there was/is no real threat.

So what makes people think Suicide/Homicide bombers are not here already or in the constructs of committing an act ?

Some are in the white completely and I have always thought it is "better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"..."

Knowing the nature of Tactical Forums and the type of people who hang out there, getting a mod confirmation that the info presented is true is all I need to hear. Again, these are pros, not internet commandos. We should heed their advice and be prepared, as best as we can be anyway.

-CH
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 6:03:20 AM EDT
[#21]
It might be a good thing to have an attack!   The more it happens the better IMHO, it will wake up alot of farking morons that this is World War and not a Middle East problem!
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 6:03:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 6:09:38 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I have gotten the impression from my readings on the issue that the Chechens see little difference between Russians and Americans.

Correct.  Infidels are infidels.  They kill them wherever they see a good opportunity.  

Link Posted: 6/24/2004 6:11:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Norman,

I don't debate what you are saying. I agree with you. I'm not saying we should stop living and hide in fear. But we just simply need to get out of the state of oblivion most of us stay in and be prepared. For example, I can't do a damn thing about a tornado either. But I sure appreciate getting a warning before it hits. It gives me time to get ready. That little bit of warning can save your life. Personally, I'll take all the warning I can get if it's justified. BTW, I don't view you as the problem, nor most of the members here. By simply being here I can bet you are better prepared than most people in this country. But what about the soccer moms who live in their dreamworld? Those we may never reach I'm afraid. At any rate, I've said my piece and will move along. Feel free to keep the comments coming. That way we can keep this bumped up to the top so everyone gets a chance to see it.

-CH
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 6:23:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 6:26:03 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
It might be a good thing to have an attack!   The more it happens the better IMHO, it will wake up alot of farking morons that this is World War and not a Middle East problem!

I could not disagree more.  If you think for one second that attacks on this soil will not result in a version of the "partriot" act that is 10x worse then you're deluding yourself.

The terrorist's strongest weapon is or will be our own politicians.  I don't for one second think that attacks in this country will result in your average citizen waking up and taking responsiblity for themselves.  They will all look to the .gov to protect them, and because the .gov is incapable of doing so, they will pass more "feel good" legislation that will do nothing to stop the terrorists but do everything to restrict your freedom and your ability to defend yourself.
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 6:27:14 AM EDT
[#27]
I know what a chiken look like, and sir .....I am no chicken!

.....I am a chicken with guns.....

Link Posted: 6/24/2004 6:28:56 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I know what a chiken look like, and sir .....I am no chicken!

.....I am a chicken with guns.....

www.thechickenstore.com/pictures/pict-rooster-cu-coloradj.jpg

Link Posted: 6/24/2004 6:29:51 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Be vigilant.

Very well said, I feel the same way.
M
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 6:33:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 6:36:04 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
christ you people need to get off the internet and out into the real world.  I used to hear all the time that TV would rot your brain, but I think the internet has far surpassed TV in brain-rotting power.

Sad, but very true.
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 6:36:39 AM EDT
[#32]
when you've spent 10 years of your life as a guerrila, maybe lost many of your family and friends, maybe don't have but a few left and they are all guerrila fighters too, what are you going to do with the rest of yoru time. how many chechecn do you think are going to wake up one morning and decide to go to med school or farm for the community. for  some, fighting and killing is all they can and know how to do probably. if they need to eat, i'm sure they'll follow the money. throw some ideology into the mix, and it's not a strecth to see them doing the same type of stuff in the us. it wouldnt take all that many. and im sure there are more than enough with nothing else or better to do.
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 6:39:11 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I could not disagree more.  If you think for one second that attacks on this soil will not result in a version of the "partriot" act that is 10x worse then you're deluding yourself.

The terrorist's strongest weapon is or will be our own politicians.  I don't for one second think that attacks in this country will result in your average citizen waking up and taking responsiblity for themselves.  They will all look to the .gov to protect them, and because the .gov is incapable of doing so, they will pass more "feel good" legislation that will do nothing to stop the terrorists but do everything to restrict your freedom and your ability to defend yourself.

I don't disagree with you either on your point!  

People need to wake up that this is a World War and Islam is the enemy and they are not all just Arabs either!  The biggest reason that this is an issue is the Farking Press won't cover it because they are more interested in seeing GW defeated, they will sell their souls to Satan for this (already have IMHO)!!!
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 6:40:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Yep, that certainly doesn't look like Captain Ahab to me. It looks like we are now in another World War. But this time it's a low intensity conflict. So far Asia, Africa, Europe and unfortunately the US seem to be ground zero. This radical Islamist crap is spreading like wildfire and will only get worse. I just hope that your average American has the stomach for this because this war may continue for the 100 or 200 years.

Also, take a look at those faces. That there is the face of your enemy folks. Know it. Recognize it. Be ready for it. Because you can bet they are getting ready for us.
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 6:45:14 AM EDT
[#35]

For those following this thread, I just received a reply from "Kensho" who is a moderator at that forum. Here's what he says regarding the nature of this threat:

"ChargingHandle,
glad you stopped by and hope you continue to do so.

Sources are legit I can assure you at the countries highest level.

Something that the sheeple and skeptical types need to remember is that 9/11 which was a Low Tech/High Concept type of attack was not thought to be a REAL THREAT either. Many thought and continue to think there was/is no real threat.

So what makes people think Suicide/Homicide bombers are not here already or in the constructs of committing an act ?

Some are in the white completely and I have always thought it is "better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"..."

Knowing the nature of Tactical Forums and the type of people who hang out there, getting a mod confirmation that the info presented is true is all I need to hear. Again, these are pros, not internet commandos. We should heed their advice and be prepared, as best as we can be anyway.

-CH

Assuming that this is all true, why would they post this info on a VERY public board?  Is there no OPSEC?
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 6:50:26 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Something doesn't make sense here.
I thought they were fighting against the Russians for a Muslim Chechnya.  It is going to be hard to accomplish that when they are in Iraq, or over here, fighting people who are not Russians.

DF,

It was explained to me that the Chechies are mercing in iraq to help win the battle there. It is said that a win by the US in iraq would embolden the ruskies to take care of matters at home. An attack here would highten the handwringing of the pacifist left further polorizing the nation. Food for thought.

JR
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 6:51:53 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
[Assuming that this is all true, why would they post this info on a VERY public board?  Is there no OPSEC?

There are things that are NOT supposed to be discussed and may be censored, but then again, there are responsibilities to family, friends, and co-workers.  There is a LOT of intel floating around that is pretty scary.  

I think this is one of those "We know that this is going to happen, and our families are not being warned back home through official channels.  What do we do?" kind of things.

Besides, there was no information disclosed that would directly harm opsec.  

Link Posted: 6/24/2004 6:55:30 AM EDT
[#38]
I keep a SAR-1 in the trunk along with some extra clothes, bottled water and a few other supplies, and I've got a couple hundred rounds in the glove box. Beyond that what can I do?

I'm not going to quit my job, leave my home and go live in a tent in the middle of some National Forest, just because of a rumor on the Internet. I live and work with the enemy all around me. I can't stop thinking about the "what if" scenarios. But I'm not going to stop living my life, or surrendering my freedoms out of fear.
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 7:00:41 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I keep a SAR-1 in the trunk along with some extra clothes, bottled water and a few other supplies, and I've got a couple hundred rounds in the glove box. Beyond that what can I do?

I'm not going to quit my job, leave my home and go live in a tent in the middle of some National Forest, just because of a rumor on the Internet. I live and work with the enemy all around me. I can't stop thinking about the "what if" scenarios.

Best thing to do to keep you alert.  "If x does this, what do I do".  Be aware of your surroundings at all times.  Who is there?  What are they doing?  Is there someone around you doing something that makes you feel uncomfortable?  

One of the best questions for ANYONE to ask themselves - Should I be where I am right now?

If on ARFCOM, the answer will vary by the discussion topic

Link Posted: 6/24/2004 7:03:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 7:05:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 7:19:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 7:22:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Tagged.  

Even with this possible shit storm developing. I still have doubts that siding with russia wouldn't wiegh on my consience.
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 7:27:24 AM EDT
[#44]
As long as POTUS comes out with a press release that we promise not to make any Chechen fighters wear panties on their heads or make them stand up for 4 hours at a time I am sure the libs will be happy, and could care less about "warnings".
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 7:44:30 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
As long as POTUS comes out with a press release that we promise not to make any Chechen fighters wear panties on their heads or make them stand up for 4 hours at a time I am sure the libs will be happy, and could care less about "warnings".

The libs would probably consider making them stand in front of a blackboard while writing "I'm sorry" 100 times torture. Take a look at what they've done to our public schools and this becomes rather apparent. Maybe that's why the inner city schools are starting to look like mini versions of Iraq. Too many "touchy-feely" policies and no means to maintain order. But anyway, that's a whole other subject for a different discussion.
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 7:46:56 AM EDT
[#46]
For the sake of discussion, it is worth noting that there were two major sections of the Chechen war. The first war was driven by NATIONALISM not the Jihadis. They acheived the concession of virtual autonomy and the nationalists were content for the moment. However, the Jihadis from abroad didn't see it as a war of nationalism, but rather a perfect cauldron to spread their beliefes. The Jihadis moved in and started teaching Wahabiism. That movement outpaced the nationalists and the war restarted when Jihadis began leading raids into neighboring provinces like Dagestan and perpetrating terrorist bombings within Russia, prompting Russia to reinvade. The Jihadis took over the Chechen independence movement to the extreme disgust of the Chechen nationalists. So much were they pissed at tthe Jihadis that many abandoned the fight and some even went over to the Russians including some of the top Chechen nationalist leaders. Yet another case of Islami fucking shit up.
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 7:52:59 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Yep, that certainly doesn't look like Captain Ahab to me. It looks like we are now in another World War. But this time it's a low intensity conflict. So far Asia, Africa, Europe and unfortunately the US seem to be ground zero. This radical Islamist crap is spreading like wildfire and will only get worse. I just hope that your average American has the stomach for this because this war may continue for the 100 or 200 years.

Also, take a look at those faces. That there is the face of your enemy folks. Know it. Recognize it. Be ready for it. Because you can bet they are getting ready for us.

What?!?  I see a nose and one eye, I don't think I'm going to be able to pic those guys out of a lineup in the off chance that one of them hops the next flight to Lambert Intl.

I'm with Norman on this one.  What am I supposed to do?  Muslim extremists come in all shapes and sizes, I can't avoid ALL of them.  It's ALWAYS good to be informed, aware and prepare, but there is no need to be 'chicken little' about it.  I don't doubt the veracity of your info, but I don't know if there is anything I can do about it.

If some 'sniper' is going to kill me from 300yds while I refuel my car, there isn't much I can do about it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 7:56:45 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What?!?  I see a nose and one eye, I don't think I'm going to be able to pic those guys out of a lineup in the off chance that one of them hops the next flight to Lambert Intl.

I'm with Norman on this one.  What am I supposed to do?  Muslim extremists come in all shapes and sizes, I can't avoid ALL of them.  It's ALWAYS good to be informed, aware and prepare, but there is no need to be 'chicken little' about it.  I don't doubt the veracity of your info, but I don't know if there is anything I can do about it.

If some 'sniper' is going to kill me from 300yds while I refuel my car, there isn't much I can do about it.

And people are going to feel pretty stupid looking 300 yards out for that chechen sniper, when the colored guy from the 'hood sticks a knife in your back to steal the $10 from your wallet and the Timex from your wrist.
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 8:07:33 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, by being prepared, you can at least make sure you have on a fresh pair of underwear when you get taken out. LOL.

I didn't post this in an effort to terrify anyone or suggest you start running up and down the streets in Paul Revere fashion screaming "IRENE". But I'd be willing to guess that 98% of the people in this nation weren't even aware that Chechens were considered a threat. And probably a good number of the posters here weren't either. I just posted this to pass along what I'd seen in an effort to give a general heads up and let everyone know that the terrorists aren't all olive skinned.

I'm also not suggesting anyone bug out or anything such as that. Just keep your eyes and ears open. Sometimes we all let our guard down and info like this can boost it back up again. That's all that's really needed or that we can do.  Other than increasing my vigilance a notch or two, I'm not going to do anything different.
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 8:48:03 AM EDT
[#50]
I would give anything for someone to stop some bad guys on US soil using the trusty AR. Would a slap that would be for the antis. Reporter: "You just save everyone in Mcdonald's!"
me: "Yeah, with this 'assault rifle' you cocksu-(bleep) are always trying to take away. Stuff that in your cooter Finestein!'

I see that interview never making it on CNN.

J
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top