BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 10:25:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you could get some interior pics of the 1794 that would be freaking awesome...
View Quote

@9divdoc

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/11/2021 10:47:30 AM EDT
[#2]
You da man boss

Thanks much...great shots too.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 11:00:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You da man boss

Thanks much...great shots too.
View Quote

Agreed..
Thanks for the pics
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 11:05:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh yeah- I think someone mentioned this option already:

Attachment Attached File

SR5 TRD with the optional console lockbox.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 11:25:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

After about 3 months there will be some article out how someone figured out that by slapping the side of the console it unlocks.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 12:08:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

After about 3 months there will be some article out how someone figured out that by slapping the side of the console it unlocks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

[68] Four Ace II Tubular Locks Picked in a Row and Gutted

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 1:06:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Oh yeah- I think someone mentioned this option already:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/69748/PXL_20211211_150304702_jpg-2199855.JPG

View Quote

Got that safe in the Pro
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 2:00:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I like the 1794 interior. The buttons on the steering wheel are a little clustered and look like they would be difficult to hit the right one in traffic, while driving, etc.

On the other hand, the toggles for buttons look very useable....as long as you can easily choose between them. The split console is interesting. Looks like a dust trap and won't be easy to clean. Definitely one of those interiors that you will have to get in and try out before liking or hating.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 2:19:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Hello this is the lockpicking lawyer and today we find ourselves at a Toyota dealership. We’ll be getting into this Tundra and it’s safe box before the salesmens gets here try and sell us the truck.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 2:48:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Hello this is the lockpicking lawyer and today we find ourselves at a Toyota dealership. We’ll be getting into this Tundra and it’s safe box before the salesmens gets here try and sell us the truck.
View Quote

Yeah thanks Kharn now I gotta go find a video to help me take the damn thing out and go sell it on the truck forum...
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 3:25:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yeah thanks Kharn now I gotta go find a video to help me take the damn thing out and go sell it on the truck forum...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they want in, they'll get in.
The question is how much of a pain in the dick can you make it. I figure the console vaults are far better than the glove box for keeping a pistol when you run into school/daycare or wherever else you can't bring a pistol for a few minutes.

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 3:28:37 PM EDT
[#13]
They're apparently having some issues dialing in sealer material between body panels. Would hate to have a $60k leaking truck.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 3:42:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The question is how much of a pain in the dick can you make it. I figure the console vaults are far better than the glove box for keeping a pistol when you run into school/daycare or wherever else you can't bring a pistol for a few minutes.

Kharn
View Quote

Ah now we get the caveat...
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 3:51:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I just got a 22 4runner trd pro and the infotainment screen looks like it runs on windows 95
View Quote

My wife has a ‘21 4Runner and the info screen in my Ram blows it away.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 4:19:08 PM EDT
[#16]
I like the interior.

It looks like something straight of the Detraoit Auto show in 1980...

All the straight lines, millions of buttons on the steering wheel. I would buy one tomorrow if it had a voice activated assistant named KIT.

I am going to wait from some unbiased reviews form theTaliban, once they mount a quad 50 in the bed we will see if it really is Toyota quality or not.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 4:52:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

…..for keeping a pistol when you run into school/daycare or wherever else you can't bring a pistol for a few minutes.

Kharn
View Quote

What are you doing with a gun in a school zone?
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 9:52:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

…..for keeping a pistol when you run into school/daycare or wherever else you can't bring a pistol for a few minutes.

Kharn

A state issued CCW is an exemption to the federal gun free school zone law, but not to a state law on no guns in schools.

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 10:38:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Heading to local dealer tomorrow night to order a platinum.

Counting the days until my Tahoe’s lifters go…hopefully longer than the lead time on the truck

Not surprised the tundra doesn’t come with remote start on the key…oh well

Link Posted: 12/12/2021 11:42:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Counting the days until my Tahoe’s lifters go…hopefully longer than the lead time on the truck

Not surprised the tundra doesn’t come with remote start on the key…oh well

View Quote

It does, hit lock 3 times.
With a Platinum, you'll have the fob functionality for 3 years, then you'll need to pay $80 per year for one of their connected services (ie, Safety Connect or Remote Connect is paid up). It's another $80 after the first year if you want to be able to remote start your car via Alexa or your smart watch or have them call 911 for you.

Toyota on fob vs Remote Connect service
But then Toyota dicks over the Tundra with only 3 years of fob functionality when all other vehicles get 10 years under "Service Connect" so it might just be a typo and the Tundra gets 10?

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 1:16:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

With a Platinum, you'll have the fob functionality for 3 years, then you'll need to pay $80 per year for one of their connected services (ie, Safety Connect or Remote Connect is paid up). It's another $80 after the first year if you want to be able to remote start your car via Alexa or your smart watch or have them call 911 for you.

But then Toyota dicks over the Tundra with only 3 years of fob functionality when all other vehicles get 10 years under "Service Connect" so it might just be a typo and the Tundra gets 10?

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Counting the days until my Tahoe's lifters gohopefully longer than the lead time on the truck

Not surprised the tundra doesn't come with remote start on the keyoh well

Kharn

Kharn it's different each year over bait the last 5. Posted the 2022 schedule in the first Toyota is fucking everyone thread. At one time it had a tie in through Plus and Premium audio (3 and 10 years) for some vehicles - think that changed in '18, maybe '19.

On payload - basically refer to the affixed GVWR certification label. This is due to the various trims and packages, but yes the label is controlling. The Prod Info is merely a guide.

So 1400, 1395, > whatever is the label indicates is correct (and kinda sucky). I haven't got any indication why tho looking at the info weight and possibly springs contribute. Is what it is, and I haven't been following Tundra very closely (except the Max technology) so wasn't up to speed. Def seems some 3 Card Monte tho.

Link Posted: 12/13/2021 2:20:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Kharn it's different each year over bait the last 5. Posted the 2022 schedule in the first Toyota is fucking everyone thread. At one time it had a tie in through Plus and Premium audio (3 and 10 years) for some vehicles - think that changed in '18, maybe '19.

On payload - basically refer to the affixed GVWR certification label. This is due to the various trims and packages, but yes the label is controlling. The Prod Info is merely a guide.

So 1400, 1395, > whatever is the label indicates is correct (and kinda sucky).
I haven't got any indication why tho looking at the info weight and possibly springs contribute. Is what it is, and I haven't been following Tundra very closely (except the Max technology) so wasn't up to speed. Def seems some 3 Card Monte tho.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Counting the days until my Tahoe's lifters gohopefully longer than the lead time on the truck

Kharn

I haven't got any indication why tho looking at the info weight and possibly springs contribute. Is what it is, and I haven't been following Tundra very closely (except the Max technology) so wasn't up to speed. Def seems some 3 Card Monte tho.

It would be one thing if there was an obvious differentiation for packages or something. If the TRD OR package knocked off some payload capacity from a SR5 or Limited truck, that would make sense as off road equipment tends to both be heavy and make trucks worse at towing/hauling things.

My gripe is, it doesn't seem possible to actually get the specs Toyota is advertising. The specs page allows you to choose a specific cab, drive, and trim. For a SR5 CrewMax Limited, that number is 1,740 lbs. What does the build sheet look like to hit that number? Or is it even possible?

In the build tool, I only see three options packages that should have much influence. They are TRD OR, a panoramic roof, and the rear air suspension. TRD OR and the pano roof are obviously negatives, but what about the air suspension? Is that a requirement to hit the advertised number?
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 2:24:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
what about the air suspension? Is that a requirement to hit the advertised number?
View Quote

I don't think PhuzzyGnu has posted a picture of a truck with that option. That would be a good guess.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 4:00:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It would be one thing if there was an obvious differentiation for packages or something. If the TRD OR package knocked off some payload capacity from a SR5 or Limited truck, that would make sense as off road equipment tends to both be heavy and make trucks worse at towing/hauling things.

My gripe is, it doesn't seem possible to actually get the specs Toyota is advertising. The specs page allows you to choose a specific cab, drive, and trim. For a SR5 CrewMax Limited, that number is 1,740 lbs. What does the build sheet look like to hit that number? Or is it even possible?

In the build tool, I only see three options packages that should have much influence. They are TRD OR, a panoramic roof, and the rear air suspension. TRD OR and the pano roof are obviously negatives, but what about the air suspension? Is that a requirement to hit the advertised number?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

Yea it's be helpful to have consistency. 22 Tundras are heavier than other trucks in the class, with slightly higher GVWR - those tires increase the weight significantly (more than say a crew cab 1500) which which leads to the reduced payload.  

Link Posted: 12/13/2021 4:01:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Kharn
View Quote

FWIW the Fob is intended to continue functionality without remote connect - tho there's claims otherwise

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/13/2021 5:04:58 PM EDT
[#26]
I have it on good authority that there is a Lunar Rock SR5 TRD at North shore Toyota in Covington, LA.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 5:05:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I don't think PhuzzyGnu has posted a picture of a truck with that option. That would be a good guess.
View Quote

Haven't seen one yet...
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 7:36:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
what about the air suspension? Is that a requirement to hit the advertised number?

@TXBO

Do you know anyone that can answer some of these questions for us?
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 7:41:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Just left dealer, they only had allotments of platinums with air suspension, HUD and auto running boards…none of those I wanted

So we are going to touch base again in a few months.  

They ordered one for themselves to turn into a rental demo.  It should be in feb/march and I’ll take a closer look

Link Posted: 12/13/2021 7:44:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Haven't seen one yet...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haven't seen one yet...

Self quoting for correction.

I believe the 1794 prototype I hauled a while back that I posted earlier (and will post again here) had the air suspension, though I didn't play with it and didn't think to look at the payload sticker.  And, of course I didn't get undercarriage pictures.

One of my coworkers said he played with it and said you could give it the Carolina Squat.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/13/2021 7:50:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 7:52:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

@TXBO

Do you know anyone that can answer some of these questions for us?
View Quote

I don't know brother.  I'll see if I can find out.

I've gotten 4 Tundras so far and three of them were gone before I even got to look at them.  I don't even know what they were.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 7:53:43 PM EDT
[#33]

Egads you can already see dust on the piano black.

I get that the Tundra and a lot of new pickups have the "premium" look and feel a lot of buyers are interested in. But all I see is stuff that is going to be a bitch to clean. Cracks, crevices, shiny surfaces, etc.

2006 GM truck is about the peak interior for me. Simple and comfortable. I actually prefer it to most vehicles I drive. Even my basic '20 Tundra is a lot harder to clean. Can't even remove the cupholder insert to wash it out.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 7:56:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Self quoting for correction.

I believe the 1794 prototype I hauled a while back that I posted earlier (and will post again here) had the air suspension, though I didn't play with it and didn't think to look at the payload sticker.  And, of course I didn't get undercarriage pictures.

One of my coworkers said he played with it and said you could give it the Carolina Squat.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/69748/PXL_20211101_134047004-02_jpeg-2202925.JPG
View Quote

@PhuzzyGnu

I had 24 units yesterday that were showing "In Transit"  This morning they are showing on hold by TMNA.  Nobody can tell me why.  You have any idea WTF is going on?

Nobody can tell me why.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 8:28:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

@PhuzzyGnu

I had 24 units yesterday that were showing "In Transit"  This morning they are showing on hold by TMNA.  Nobody can tell me why.  You have any idea WTF is going on?

Nobody can tell me why.
View Quote

I was at the plant three times in the last two weeks but only hauled a load once.  They went on stop-ship the other two.  It's hit and miss lately.

QA/QC will find one loose piece of trim or an eyelash in the underbody coating and...

Attachment Attached File

I rolled back to Houston empty the first time they went on hold and the second time I bounced up to Arlington for a load of Middle East export Tahoes/Yukon's/Escalades.

I'll ask around.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 9:18:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I was at the plant three times in the last two weeks but only hauled a load once.  They went on stop-ship the other two.  It's hit and miss lately.

QA/QC will find one loose piece of trim or an eyelash in the underbody coating and...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/69748/82c_png-2202993.JPG

I rolled back to Houston empty the first time they went on hold and the second time I bounced up to Arlington for a load of Middle East export Tahoes/Yukon's/Escalades.

I'll ask around.
View Quote

Thanks brother.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 8:19:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

FWIW the Fob is intended to continue functionality without remote connect - tho there's claims otherwise

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/14291/DB620A1A-9C3B-4792-83E5-F4A792EF536B_jpe-2202555.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/14291/DB620A1A-9C3B-4792-83E5-F4A792EF536B_jpe-2202555.JPG

When it says "telematics enrollment," they're referring to having a valid Service Connect subscription. Notice "active accounts" is also mentioned.
Service Connect is the longest trial subscription, and is included for free if you pay for any other subscription.

UPDATED! 2022 Toyota Tundra Remote Start Fiasco

"Remote start via key fob will be active with any Connected Service - trial or paid subscription. As noted below, the Service Connect trial is in effect for 3 years, thus the key fob start function will be active for 3 years. As we move to more digital and remote functions, remote start via key fob is not a feature we actively market nor is there an upfront cost associated." - Toyota Spokesperson Corey Proffitt

Everyone moving to app-related remote start is very annoying for me, because my employer prohibits personal cellphones in the building. When with my Subaru's remote start fob's super long range, I could hit the car from a top floor window and then head out the door.
Subaru still offers both app and fob based remote start options even for 2022, so either pay continually for the app or pay once for the hardware.

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 10:18:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

When it says "telematics enrollment," they're referring to having a valid Service Connect subscription. Notice "active accounts" is also mentioned.
Service Connect is the longest trial subscription, and is included for free if you pay for any other subscription.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AHGpUHZlzw
"Remote start via key fob will be active with any Connected Service - trial or paid subscription. As noted below, the Service Connect trial is in effect for 3 years, thus the key fob start function will be active for 3 years. As we move to more digital and remote functions, remote start via key fob is not a feature we actively market nor is there an upfront cost associated." - Toyota Spokesperson Corey Proffitt

Everyone moving to app-related remote start is very annoying for me, because my employer prohibits personal cellphones in the building. When with my Subaru's remote start fob's super long range, I could hit the car from a top floor window and then head out the door.
Subaru still offers both app and fob based remote start options even for 2022, so either pay continually for the app or pay once for the hardware.

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

Kharn

Sure - after enrollment and auth, the Fob is intended to work >

..even if the customer allows the remote services trial to lapse and not renew.

If the Fob doesn't start the car after Remote Connect Sub lapses this is the troubleshooting guide techs use to restore Fob direct starting, So yea, if you don't want Remote Connect the Fob will still work. But you may be charged to troubleshoot and restore if it's outside the warranty period. So conflicting info, tho this works.

I don't want to junk up this thread, let's take this to the Remote Connect thread.

Link Posted: 12/14/2021 10:21:27 AM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY9PJxVWORE

Kharn

A $10 impressioning tool will get you in with no skill.

[349] Banggood/HUK 3-Piece Tubular Lock Impressioning Tool Set Review
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 11:13:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

If the Fob doesn't start the car after Remote Connect Sub lapses this is the troubleshooting guide techs use to restore Fob direct starting, So yea, if you don't want Remote Connect the Fob will still work. But you may be charged to troubleshoot and restore if it's outside the warranty period. So conflicting info, tho this works.

I don't want to junk up this thread, let's take this to the Remote Connect thread.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

Kharn

..even if the customer allows the remote services trial to lapse and not renew.

See the Toyota spokesperson's statement.

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 12:24:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Kharn
View Quote

I saw it. I'm also familiar with the document posted and a number of unreliable public statements Toyota (and other mfg) - including Tadas claim, easily disproven, that  the CG of the Supra was lower than the 86/FR. They've also stated various models are unable to be upgraded to ApplePlay - which is also untrue. In both cases I've found the public statements to be unreliable.

The troubleshooting guide is in use for the reasons stated internally in the document.  

Link Posted: 12/14/2021 12:35:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Or 2 minutes with a flat blade screwdriver.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 12:37:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I saw it. I'm also very familiar with the document posted and a number of unreliable public statements Toyota (and other mfg) - including Tadas claim, easily disproven, that  the CG of the Supra was lower than the 86/FR. They've also stated various models are unable to be upgraded to ApplePlay - which is also untrue. In both cases I've found the public statements to be unreliable.

The troubleshooting guide is in use for the reasons stated internally in the document.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

I saw it. I'm also very familiar with the document posted and a number of unreliable public statements Toyota (and other mfg) - including Tadas claim, easily disproven, that  the CG of the Supra was lower than the 86/FR. They've also stated various models are unable to be upgraded to ApplePlay - which is also untrue. In both cases I've found the public statements to be unreliable.

Because the vehicles that document is applicable to are all still inside their free Service Connect trial period?

The question isn't functionality without Remote Connect, the fob is dependent on Service Connect.

And that TSB is not applicable to the 2022 Tundra.
Attachment Attached File

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 10:32:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

They can’t get in my truck without the alarm going off and the truck sending an alert to my iPhone, iPad, and iwatch. I bet the Tundra has similar tech.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 1:32:01 PM EDT
[#45]
I was at the Toyota dealer yesterday picking up some wiper blades and they had a SR5 4X4 on the lot,  49K with a 3K mark up...

I walked around it and I can tell you right now, it is a pumped up Tacoma and so flimsey looking....very cheap looking....will keep my 2019 1794...

Link Posted: 12/17/2021 8:02:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I was at the Toyota dealer yesterday picking up some wiper blades and they had a SR5 4X4 on the lot,  49K with a 3K mark up...

View Quote
Which dealer?

Also, I was at the Tundra plant today.  They had 39 total units to ship for our purposes.  I managed to get four out of six on when they entered stop-ship and everything went on hold.  Again.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 12:21:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Has anyone here done a custom Tundra build order?  Just curious what delivery times the dealerships a giving you.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 12:52:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Has anyone here done a custom Tundra build order?  Just curious what delivery times the dealerships a giving you.
View Quote

they aren't letting you
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 2:42:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

they aren't letting you
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

they aren't letting you

Okay, thanks for the heads up!  Toyota should take down the build app on the the Tundra website so everyone stops getting blue balls...
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 2:43:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

they aren't letting you
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

they aren't letting you

I am on a wait list for a specific build, though I guess depending on what “custom” is, that might skew the answer.

Dealership told me 3-4 months. This is for a Limited with the highest package in magnetic gray.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top