User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:26:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Apparently it's not uncommon in the remote parts of India for villagers to keep one in their house for vermin control.
I've had "hot" snakes and relocated 12 from my property and my neighbors property this year, but I never trust them and these days I use tongs and a snake hook as I don't know how venom and 6 heart stents would work out...
View Quote

Cripes. I'd step on big snek trying to take a piss in the middle of the night and draining the main vein would take a back seat to draining the venom. Screw that ridiculous horseshit. Get a friggin Bengal tiger to control the vermin. At least he'd feel warm and fuzzy before causing your death.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:32:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

They are very intelligent snakes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Houston zoo had a 16’ King years ago.

I’m the kind of guy that knows about snakes but doesn’t keep them or unnecessarily handle them.

I think most snakes are amazing critters.

That King Cobra at the zoo was one of the most evil looking animals I’ve ever seen.

I would have killed it if I saw it in the wild.

They are very intelligent snakes.

I don’t doubt you at all. That evil fucker wanted to kill me as well.

Most snakes have a kind of beauty to them.

Cobras and Mambas are ugly evil fuckers.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:35:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yeah, it's really messed up. If you want to show affection to a bird you pet the beak and neck. Stroking the head down the back is mating behavior.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Chandler at least uses his animals for education, he's heavily invested in his conservation center.  Guys like Tyler Nolan that only keep them as pets get a lot less respect.  Nolan's pet bird macaw is especially bad.  He managed to make her sexually attracted to him through not knowing how to keep her, then was pissed at his neighbors for complaining when the bird was howling all day long.

A bird is sexually attracted to a human? Dafuck?

Yeah, it's really messed up. If you want to show affection to a bird you pet the beak and neck. Stroking the head down the back is mating behavior.

He stuck it’s head into a sock drawer?        

That’s fucking disgusting.  
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:57:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I can't recall how long it is, it's 10+ feet. I didn't want to shit talk it and say its 28' but it's a big snake.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

10 feet would be small for an adult king. 13 is common, and the record was almost 19.

I can't recall how long it is, it's 10+ feet. I didn't want to shit talk it and say its 28' but it's a big snake.

No worries, just pointing out that 10 feet would be a very common size-but still an impressive animal, especially considering they're deadly at  just over a foot.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:17:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Not even in the same league. Bill saved a shitload of lives. Both by helping make antivenom, and in at least 2 cases by BEING antivenom. Transfusions of his blood were used when they couldn't get antivenom.

He also inocculated himself with venom. Injected himself for many years with diluted venom to build immunity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That guy is a moron, and when he gets bitten, ZFG

@azjeeper

Chandler is actually highly respected in the venomous keeping world.

So was Bill Haast, the current Guinness Book of World Record Holder "for surviving the most deadly snake bites"

Not even in the same league. Bill saved a shitload of lives. Both by helping make antivenom, and in at least 2 cases by BEING antivenom. Transfusions of his blood were used when they couldn't get antivenom.

He also inocculated himself with venom. Injected himself for many years with diluted venom to build immunity.
I met Bill Haast in the late 1950s when I went to one of his shows at The Miami Serpentarium.

He placed a very large Anaconda around my neck and my mother about passed out.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:55:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, this takes the cake. Guy bitch slaps one around 2:10 too.

Man Selecting Cobras For Snake Show. Selection of snakes for the "snake show".Cobra SLAP
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 4:53:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Familiar with most well-known hot sneks, but the banded kraits had escaped my notice until now. Some purday colors. The yellow/blue, yellow/black are my favorites. And that triangular body cross section is badass.

Link Posted: 12/3/2021 6:44:32 AM EDT
[#8]
This guy let's his run around outside the cage often.
He named it Elvis.

Link Posted: 12/3/2021 6:52:21 AM EDT
[#9]
What an idiot
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 7:05:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Needs moar mongoose.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 10:43:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well, this takes the cake. Guy bitch slaps one around 2:10 too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1bRRkByTXg
View Quote

The fucksticks in the turd world countries where those shows are held rip the fangs out of the cobras before they're used for the shows so they can't envenomate.  Snakes can survive for months without eating but eventually they starve to death.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 10:45:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The fucksticks in the turd world countries where those shows are held rip the fangs out of the cobras before they're used for the shows so they can't envenomate.  Snakes can survive for months without eating but eventually they starve to death.
View Quote

That explains why he’s checking their mouths and they all appear to be so young.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 10:47:33 AM EDT
[#13]
I suppose snakes don't need much room, those are little cages
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 10:48:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My brother in law wants a "hot" snake in the worst way.

He already has a spider that he can't handle and one of snakes while non venomous is a bitey asshole.
And they are illegal
And he has kids
But he wants him a rattlesnake or similar.

Did I mention my brother in law is an idiot?
View Quote

I have had lots of snakes over the years. The only hot I had was a timber rattlesnake I bought from the pet store in college.  Couldnt pick it up and it basically just sat there so it was fairly boring.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:45:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Same, I've seen some monsters in south Georgia but nothing like that hybrid exists in nature fortunately. Cross breeding species that would not interbreed on their own is messing with nature IMO and serves little purpose.
View Quote

Did you miss the part about him saying that they are actually naturally cross breeding in that area and that biologists are actively tracking several currently?
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 1:02:09 PM EDT
[#16]
This taught me to stay away from snakes when I was a kid.

Macho Man gets bit by Jake Roberts Cobra Snake ????

Link Posted: 12/3/2021 1:21:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Did you miss the part about him saying that they are actually naturally cross breeding in that area and that biologists are actively tracking several currently?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same, I've seen some monsters in south Georgia but nothing like that hybrid exists in nature fortunately. Cross breeding species that would not interbreed on their own is messing with nature IMO and serves little purpose.

Which species are we talking about?
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 1:23:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Unless they are trained to eat killed prey.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 2:09:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think they're talking about the "batwing" rattler in another of his videos. Diamondback/timber crossbreed.

Not sure how many areas they overlap but it's an interesting snake.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 2:23:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I think they're talking about the "batwing" rattler in another of his videos. Diamondback/timber crossbreed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.
Horridus x adamanteus, interesting. Heavy bodied, I'm sure.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 2:44:05 PM EDT
[#21]
I read an article once where a guy had multiple King Cobra’s together in a large enclosure. He noticed that whenever he entered the enclosure that the cobras would work together to attempt to surround him and block his exit from the enclosure, then they would start closing in on him. He swore the King Cobras were way smarter than most people thought.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 2:48:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

@azjeeper
I believe he said his was a hybrid between a canebrake and eastern diamondback
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 3:00:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I read an article once where a guy had multiple King Cobra’s together in a large enclosure. He noticed that whenever he entered the enclosure that the cobras would work together to attempt to surround him and block his exit from the enclosure, then they would start closing in on him. He swore the King Cobras were way smarter than most people thought.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I knew a guy who kept a lot of exotic hots. He had a room dedicated to receiving and opening boxes, only a table in the center of the room.
He was opening a box that contained a large King Cobra. The snake was supposed to be double bagged, the box inside another box. As he was opening the box, the snake emerged. It had gotten out of the bag, it was not double bagged or double boxed.
Anyhow, he said the snake immediately got between him and the door and reared up, large enough that it was just about looking him in the eye. He said it took him a good 45 minutes to be able to get to the door.

Quoted:

@azjeeper
I believe he said his was a hybrid between a canebrake and eastern diamondback

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 3:19:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

So are cat people.

Let's have an animal in the house that scratches around in its own shit, then hops up onto food prep surfaces-and tell everyone how cute it is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Snake people are weird.

So are cat people.

Let's have an animal in the house that scratches around in its own shit, then hops up onto food prep surfaces-and tell everyone how cute it is.

Yep, both weird.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 4:07:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Thanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

It's got the head of a timber, body of a diamondback and markings that remind me of a bushmaster.

I'd like to see a study of what the cross-breeding does to the venom.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 4:35:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Justina seems like a B!tc4...
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 4:47:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 5:25:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Lots of judgemental people in here.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 5:42:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It's got the head of a timber, body of a diamondback and markings that remind me of a bushmaster.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

Off the top of my head, I believe adamanteus has a fair amount of neurotoxic components to it's venom. They yield of course, is tremendous.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 3:22:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Harsh, but fair.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 2:01:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Typical of a GD snake thread.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 2:09:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey I like snakes a lot but I'm not crazy enough to go hands-on a hot unless the bitey end is properly restrained.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 3:02:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Hey I like snakes a lot but I'm not crazy enough to go hands-on a hot unless the bitey end is properly restrained.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree completely. My response was directed towards the "snake people are weird" comments.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 4:38:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I agree completely. My response was directed towards the "snake people are weird" comments.
View Quote

We are weird.  Normal is boring anyway.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 5:57:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All valid points.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top