Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 9:54:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Bigfeet?  *snort*

Leprechauns and dragons, however, are serious business.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 10:19:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't believe in the supernatural.

Or more accurately,  I have yet to be convinced of anything supernatural.  If something supernatural manifests itself I will reevaluate my position.

Can anyone provide evidence of anything supernatural?  I'm gonna go out on a limb and say no.
View Quote

Bigfoot wouldn't be supernatural, he's just be a big ape that's really good at hiding.

But no, I've spent a lot of time in the very places he's supposed to be found and known a lot of people who spent a lot more time, and there just isn't enough wilderness to hide something like that in CONUS.

We'd have at least found skeletons and such, even if they buried them.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 10:59:36 PM EDT
[#3]
We have a Bigfoot forum, it's also where the mods used to send threads about government corruption and pedophilia. Just saying.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 11:04:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Bigfoot wouldn't be supernatural, he's just be a big ape that's really good at hiding.

But no, I've spent a lot of time in the very places he's supposed to be found and known a lot of people who spent a lot more time, and there just isn't enough wilderness to hide something like that in CONUS.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or more accurately,  I have yet to be convinced of anything supernatural.  If something supernatural manifests itself I will reevaluate my position.

Can anyone provide evidence of anything supernatural?  I'm gonna go out on a limb and say no.

The ancient ape Gigantopithecus isn't supernatural, and is a possibility for the folklore.  That wouldn't be supernatural.  But the idea that a creature such as this is alive and well today with no evidence of a population, remains, scat, anything.  Puts it in the realm of supernatural in my opinion.  Ymmv.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 11:07:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 11:07:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 11:15:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I enjoy campfire stories.

People who believe them are a little odd.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 11:18:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
WARNING!  be prepared to be blown away with irrefutable evidence of his existence in this thread.  

View Quote

Sorry.

Quoted:

View Quote

Not supernatural.

Okay, sorry but I was out all evening, hunting down some printer ink for my wife. Couldn't get in on page 2.

My opinion: Bigfoot is human. He's a sort of 'devolved' human though.

Look through history, particularly that of the North American continent. In all areas, there are various levels of culture. Some natives built regular towns, tilled their fields, send their hunters out. Others experienced various levels of nomatic existence.

At the far end of this spectrum is people who've been cast from their tribes somehow. For one example, look at the Old West: there are many stories of children who survived their families' demise, either dying after making a claim to unworkable soil, or separated from their wagon trains.

Similarly, many native American tribes cast out or otherwise lost various members, who  learned to survive with a very basic existance. These eventually united to become the ultimate nomads: no (or very few) possessions, rudimentary language skills, and a  highly-developed suspicion and distrust of their neighbors, which accounts for their shyness today.

THAT is why they must be protected: their worst enemy isn't the Bigfoot hunter, but the modern social worker, who will inevitably try  to "civilize" them.

Discuss.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 11:21:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 11:21:09 PM EDT
[#10]
NO!
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 11:21:34 PM EDT
[#11]
My Elk hunting guide had been doing guided hunts for more than 15 yrs in Colorado. I asked him about it and he said “there is something out there. I don’t know what it is, but there is something.”
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 11:25:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
@FistPeso
View Quote

Yup, it is a very real creature.  No bullshit, they absolutely exist.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 11:42:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My Elk hunting guide had been doing guided hunts for more than 15 yrs in Colorado. I asked him about it and he said “there is something out there. I don’t know what it is, but there is something.”
View Quote

Manbearelk?

Seriously, human-level intelligence combined with the other woodland traits needed to survive would create a very, VERY capable and formidable creature.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 11:59:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I've been a believer ever since I saw this documentary from the 70s:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NNb1pgQlQo
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 12:07:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Bigfoot is real, I used to date his sister. She was an animal in bed but had horrible personal hygiene.

After she was kidnapped by aliens and sexually probed she was never the same afterwards. We broke up because I didn't believe her story about the alien abduction. After all, who has a spaceship powerful enough to pick her fat ass up?
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 12:10:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Like I told my neighbor, if Bigfoot was real, he'd be mounted on somebody's wall by now.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 12:12:49 AM EDT
[#17]
I remember seeing a show back in the 80's that showed a guy who made some Big Feet and attached them his snow-shoes.
He would go trotting around in the woods leaving quite convincing Bigfoot tracks in the snow.
Locals ate it up.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 12:20:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 12:46:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Another sandsmwatch thread, surprised this hasent been moved here yet
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/UFO-and-Creatures-Of-Legend/192/

Mods, you slipping
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 12:49:14 AM EDT
[#20]
No, and I don't really understand how poeple think it is real.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 1:01:08 AM EDT
[#21]

You won the internet today.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 1:04:19 AM EDT
[#22]
No, but I did see the Easter Bunny once, as a kid.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 1:04:56 AM EDT
[#23]
With the proliferation of trail cameras and drones, someone would have gotten a pic of one by now.

I do not believe.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 2:24:03 AM EDT
[#24]
I sat in Bigfoot II

My son sat in Bigfoot I

Bigfoots are cool!

Link Posted: 12/1/2021 3:51:51 AM EDT
[#25]
This is all the proof I need

Female Bigfoot forced me to do it

Link Posted: 12/1/2021 4:48:41 AM EDT
[#26]
I used to, but thinking back I think it was more the fun of it to believe in the cryptid type stuff than anything else. With the amount of 'sightings' and the bast arsenal of modern tools and tracking tech/equipment. If they were there, one would be stuffed in the Smithsonian by now.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 4:50:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've been running around and exploring these mountains for 32 years. There is nothing out there that shouldn't be there
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 5:02:56 AM EDT
[#28]

The above film has never been disproven or proven. The fact that it is female and muscles can be seen moving , along with the stride makes for a good case. No costume that detailed existed at the time , let along one made by amateurs. Multiple hair samples of unknown primate origin have been documented over the years, along with sounds and footprint with dermal ridges.

Bigfoot folklore  has been around since the first native people arrived in North America, so one wonders where they came up with the idea of bigfoot.

But in the end, I have to agree with others, by now there would have been some form of solid proof . I think the Pacific northwest is the only place it would be even remotely plausible. It's to open or populated anywhere else.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 5:06:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Of course he's real, he's me. Atleast when I did a halloween themed 2 gun.

Link Posted: 12/1/2021 5:14:10 AM EDT
[#30]
I don't know if there's a population, I don't think so.

But there is one, I saw him in bright light, at maybe 8-10 foot distance. He's not an ape, he looks a lot like that gigantor wrestler in The Longest Yard.

He's not human either, no human moves that quickly. It's impossible.

He's incredibly dark and frankly frightening.

I don't really care if anyone believes. I'm not a bigfoot guy, I would not believe it if I had not seen it, I sometimes doubt I saw it now.

Two of us saw it, both young and in top shape, both sober, both saw the same thing

Just a data point for the debate. There's at least one 7 foot tall terrifying hairy thing out there that weighs North of 700lbs and could run a low 4's 40 if you put him on the clock. Would also have a vert in the high 40's, maybe higher. There's no human that fast or that big.

I don't think there's lots, but there's one.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 5:18:43 AM EDT
[#31]
View Quote
came looking for this and was not disappointed. brings back many memories
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 5:19:03 AM EDT
[#32]
When I was a kid in the 70s there were always reports of close encounters with bigfoot. Now that everyone has cameras on them, all the encounters are of something walking way off in the distance, usually on the side of a mountain a mile or two or so away.

Also, all the trail cameras and thermal imaging on aircraft used for searches.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 5:33:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Hell no. It's a combination of mistaken identity, people making shit up for attention, and mental illness.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 5:51:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
No, and I don't really understand how poeple think it is real.
View Quote

Some who believe have seen one.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 6:15:35 AM EDT
[#35]
FCK YES THEY ARE REAL!!  we even have a hunting season here in Oklahoma for them... seriously.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 6:33:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Not real.  Those that think they saw one, didn’t.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 6:34:18 AM EDT
[#37]
So you are asking if a relict population of hominids could have survived largely (except for the occasional random witness) undetected, in very remote places, into modern times, eh?

I don't consider it "likely" but I don't consider it "entirely impossible" either.

Link Posted: 12/1/2021 6:37:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Skeptical myself.
I know he is a multi million dollar business.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 12:38:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 1:01:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Bigfoot was a hoax.  It was this guy in a gorilla suit the whole time...

Link Posted: 12/1/2021 1:09:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 1:17:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 8:07:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You win the thread.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/2/2021 8:30:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 8:31:58 AM EDT
[#46]
If he's real he's an American.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 8:35:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Attachment Attached File

Well I did see him the other night...
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 9:52:15 AM EDT
[#48]
For some reason, Bigfoot seems to be a big deal here in north Georgia. I was at the dump, still had out of state plates on the truck, and a local fellow was gently quizzing me to see what my politics were.

Finally he asked what I thought about Bigfoot. He was a nice enough jasper, and I had noticed the Bigfoot sticker on his truck, so I smiled and said I was "keeping an open mind on the subject." He threw his arms in the air, and shouted, "THAT'S THE RIGHT ANSWER!"
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 9:56:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 10:15:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

The above film has never been disproven or proven. The fact that it is female and muscles can be seen moving , along with the stride makes for a good case. No costume that detailed existed at the time , let along one made by amateurs. Multiple hair samples of unknown primate origin have been documented over the years, along with sounds and footprint with dermal ridges.

Bigfoot folklore  has been around since the first native people arrived in North America, so one wonders where they came up with the idea of bigfoot.

But in the end, I have to agree with others, by now there would have been some form of solid proof . I think the Pacific northwest is the only place it would be even remotely plausible. It's to open or populated anywhere else.
View Quote

''Koko'' the ''chimp'' (I''ve Got a Secret 3/8/61)
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top