BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 60
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:24:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
One dude dead, another in prison and drama queen is out sucking somebody else's dick tonight.
View Quote

There's a fool made every minute, and a Pretty Girl with a blowjob gets most of those fools started right back down that rocky road of heartache & financial ruin again and again and again and again ... ... ...
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:24:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Was there a single adult in the mix here?  I mean everyone is focusing on the two assholes colliding that both made poor decisions, but Jesus the woman filming was nearly as bad.  She didn't scream, hollar, flinch, or anything when her man was shot and killed right in front of her.  She didn't try to render aid, check on him, or anything.  What.  The.  Fuck.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:25:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I’m in Amarillo. I haven’t heard anything about this. Did he shoot him in the foot first?
View Quote

Looked like a “warning shot”.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:25:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

What's he supposed to do?  Give him a second chance to make good on his threat to take his gun from him and use it on him?
View Quote

"Everybody takes a beating once in a  while."

I swear these guys would have fried Rittenhouse
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:26:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
And this is how you end up in prison for murder.
View Quote

30 minutes max jury deliberation and guilty of 1st degree murder (or as appropriate).
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:26:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

What's he supposed to do?  Give him a second chance to make good on his threat to take his gun from him and use it on him?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The part where he disengages, steps away, then shoots him didn't have that "Kyle clean" look to it......

I'm not saying that, I'm just saying it doesn't have that squeaky clean glow that all three of Kyle's shootings had.

Optics matter.  
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:26:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Despite what we see on the video, which  could be assholes collide and shooter should maybe be in jail or there’s a long trail of threats and this was the straw that broke the camels back - only the involved parties know (at this point).

The reality is - it all depends on local/ state law.  Vid also doesn’t take into account what, if any, previous history they had or any threats there were.  There’s always more to it than just the video (which if released, always shows bias to one side).

Not familiar with TX laws, but some strong castle doctrine/ stand your ground/ brandishing/ property laws could very well justify the shooting.

Refraining from opinion until more is known, but kinda looking forward to maybe another epic thread in the same vein as the alley mattress, KR and the jogger.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:27:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
On the one hand,

Shooter escalated an ordinary argument by unnecessarily bringing a gun into the situation.

Dead guy tried to call his bluff.

Shooter wasn’t bluffing.

Shooter is a murderer.

On the other hand,

Shooter told dead guy to get off his property.

He didn’t, so shooter brought out a gun.

Shooter didn’t point it at dead guy till dead guy got a little physical.

Shooter then shoots dead guy.

I’m actually gonna go with shooter on this one.

Get the fuck off my property and sue me later if you want. But get the fuck off my property when you are uninvited or become uninvited.

And definitely don’t touch me on my property when I’ve told you to leave my property.

I reserve the right to change my stance as more information becomes available.
View Quote

I can get behind this.  Everyone in that video was acting like an asshole, but if you’re told to leave my property then you’re leaving.  

Now with that said the warning shot to the foot was pure bullshit and most likely to screw him of charges are brought.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:27:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
after her husband was shot, why isn't she running to help him, but instead keeps arguing like some trailer trash
View Quote

You answered your own question.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:27:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Does the dead guy try to take the rifle away from him? Hmmmmmm
View Quote
I'd have to watch it again but he didn't go for the gun until he was almost shot in the foot it looked to me.
There was no need to escalate to getting a rifle because someone won't leave your front yard.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:27:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I have to wonder how much more to this story there is that we haven't heard about.

Possibly such things as the dead guy having made threats to the shooter in the past?  Which could explain why the shooter went and got the rifle.

Also, I won't be surprised if we are seeing an edited version of the video that was released by the wife.  Who knows what was possibly edited off of the video prior to the portion that she released?
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:28:01 PM EDT
[#12]
My wife's ex was a flaming idiot like that.
Ran his mouth every time he picked up there son.
Finally got tired of it and did the exchange at the Police Department.....that pretty much shut his pie hole.
Then he just abandoned his son when he was around 7 or so...never called or anything.

I always stayed out of the arguments, had my phone ready and let my wife handle it.
If I thought it was going to go sideways I had a plan to just dial 911  and stay defensive.

He has since passed away and his son barely shed a tear...kinda sad, but the father made that bed.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:28:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Looks like a good shoot. The shooter appeared to be in fear for his life and the "victim" stood in his path of retreat back into his residence. I don't see how this could have played out any differently.
View Quote
Are you high?
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:28:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Despite what we see on the video, which  could be assholes collide and shooter should maybe be in jail or there’s a long trail of threats and this was the straw that broke the camels back - only the involved parties know (at this point).

The reality is - it all depends on local/ state law.  Vid also doesn’t take into account what, if any, previous history they had or any threats there were.  There’s always more to it than just the video (which if released, always shows bias to one side).

Not familiar with TX laws, but some strong castle doctrine/ stand your ground/ brandishing/ property laws could very well justify the shooting.

Refraining from opinion until more is known, but kinda looking forward to maybe another epic thread in the same vein as the alley mattress, KR and the jogger.
View Quote

Good point about TX laws. They are kind of odd down there.

What did ever happen with the alley mattress shooting?
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:28:26 PM EDT
[#15]
. . . and happiness was Lubbock, Texas in my rearview mirror . . .
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:28:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That was murder. No excuses at all.
He needs prison in the worst way.

View Quote

Didn’t look nearly that clear cut to me.  DRT said he was going to take the gun from him, advanced on him, tried to take gun away from him, ignored a warning shot and advanced again.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:28:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I actually can't believe this thread so far. In my time here this place has been full of "get off my lawn" types that will argue felony brandishing and deadly force against trespassers is completely within their rights. Then we see it play out on video and they instantly cuck themselves and side with the dead guy.

View Quote

I can't believe there is a person dead over a stupid custody argument .........no need to bring a gun and escalate the situation men have pride and I'm sure there are some very
hard feelings between the ex's ,just really stupid thing to happen .
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:28:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Looks like a good shoot. The shooter appeared to be in fear for his life and the "victim" stood in his path of retreat back into his residence. I don't see how this could have played out any differently.
View Quote

Are you joking  ? He didn't need to come out to threaten the guy, the guy wasn't threatening anyone harm and it sounds like his child was being kept from him against the courts order. I don't know if that is true but that is what it appears to be.

Regardless if he had a problem he could have called the cops not bring a longarm out to intimidate the guy and shoot him from a distance.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:29:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Either sarcasm - or dumb as shit!  I'm going with sarcasm.

Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:29:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Dead guy FAFOd.  Best not to FA when the other guy has a gun.  This is why you have cops present during child exchanges.
View Quote

I don't see how that is possible with as many child exchanges happen. Will they generally come out if you ask ?
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:30:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'd have to watch it again but he didn't go for the gun until he was almost shot in the foot it looked to me.
There was no need to escalate to getting a rifle because someone won't leave your front yard.
View Quote

Need?  Debatable.  Legal?  Yes.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:30:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The whole part where he goes into the house specifically to retrieve it, is where the shooter made the wrong call. Bringing the gun back out, after initially walking away from the argument...

Enjoy prison.
View Quote

But, the point where he told Mr Bullet Sponge to leave and he didn't kinda comes into play.

I have a real hard time feeling bad for leaky McAsshole
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:30:23 PM EDT
[#23]
He told the dude to get off his property. Fucked up situation but I'll always side with the property owner
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:30:55 PM EDT
[#24]
No humans involved.  Having a hard time dredging up some care for anyone but the kid.

Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:31:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Looks like a good shoot to me. Dead guy was raging on someone else's private property. Refused to leave private property and then wanted to fight the guy holding the gun.

Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:31:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Odd?  You spelled good wrong.

Their trial is delayed yet again, the coronascam backlog continues.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:32:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You have no evidence of that. Also, not adhering to custody order is not kidnapping. I think we've learned that from all the other threads where judges have basically called it disobeying court orders. It is not, however, kidnapping.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They kidnapped his kid.

You have no evidence of that. Also, not adhering to custody order is not kidnapping. I think we've learned that from all the other threads where judges have basically called it disobeying court orders. It is not, however, kidnapping.

I have no evidence that it really happened. It could all be an act and a fake news story but if he was there to pick up the kid during his legally assigned tone and they were blocking him then they were 1000% in the wrong.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:32:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I’m in Amarillo. I haven’t heard anything about this. Did he shoot him in the foot first?
View Quote

Reason they are not black people being shot and dying.

Random white people domestic.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:32:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

But, the point where he told Mr Bullet Sponge to leave and he didn't kinda comes into play.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The whole part where he goes into the house specifically to retrieve it, is where the shooter made the wrong call. Bringing the gun back out, after initially walking away from the argument...

Enjoy prison.

I don't know how it works in Texas, but I don't think me retrieving a gun and going back outside would fly.

Lock the door behind himself when he went back in, grabbed gun and waited for police sure. Let lead fly if the guy tries to force entry? Probably. Take gun back outside, I think I'd be in trouble.

Texas might be different.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:32:36 PM EDT
[#30]
That video omits the fact that the new baby daddy went into the house to retrieve a firearm. He is fucked, and should be!!!
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:32:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Enjoy prison, dumbass.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:32:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Damn I knew this place was full of democrats but had no idea it was this bad. Dead guy tried to take his gun. Good shoot. All you commies need to go back to California.
View Quote

A reasonable person could come to the opposite option. I suggest you take time and read this.
click
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:33:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:33:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

And dead guy re re escalated by putting his hands on him.

I’m allowed to hold a gun on my porch, even if people are arguing.
View Quote

That bold part
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:33:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Does he have a right to be there even after being told to leave?

Does the shooter have the right to tell him to leave? Is it his property?

When shooter brought out the gun could dead guy have gone and sat in his car and called the police?

Is dead guy’s kid better off now knowing his dad wouldn’t back down even when confronted by an angry armed man with apparently plenty of opportunity to de-escalate himself and walk away?

Did dead guy escalate further by getting physical with shooter?

Is it reasonable to think dead guy should deescalate when shooter arguably escalated by bringing a gun into the situation?

Do we “invite the man into our life” now?

Arfcom is full of so many interesting contradictions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
On the one hand,

Shooter escalated an ordinary argument by unnecessarily bringing a gun into the situation.

Shooter wasn’t bluffing.

Shooter is a murderer.

On the other hand,

He didn’t, so shooter brought out a gun.

Shooter didn’t point it at dead guy till dead guy got a little physical.

I’m actually gonna go with shooter on this one.

Get the fuck off my property and sue me later if you want. But get the fuck off my property when you are uninvited or become uninvited.

Did dead guy further escalate by getting physical with shooter?

And definitely don’t touch me on my property when I’ve told you to leave my property.

What if you were there to pick up your kid and the shooter wouldn’t let you?  

ETA, was the kid even there?

Does he have a right to be there even after being told to leave?

Does the shooter have the right to tell him to leave? Is it his property?

When shooter brought out the gun could dead guy have gone and sat in his car and called the police?

Is dead guy’s kid better off now knowing his dad wouldn’t back down even when confronted by an angry armed man with apparently plenty of opportunity to de-escalate himself and walk away?

Did dead guy escalate further by getting physical with shooter?

Is it reasonable to think dead guy should deescalate when shooter arguably escalated by bringing a gun into the situation?

Do we “invite the man into our life” now?

Arfcom is full of so many interesting contradictions.

Nobody has a right to kidnap his kid and then shoot him. Their felony trumps any possible trespassing on the lawn.

Assuming the child story is true, that is murder.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:34:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed, and he shot him from a slight distance after retreating. It did not appear that the guy was charging him when shot.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:34:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Bad shoot.
View Quote

FPNI again
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:35:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I don't know how it works in Texas, but I don't think me retrieving a gun and going back outside would fly.

Lock the door behind himself when he went back in, grabbed gun and waited for police sure. Let lead fly if the guy tries to force entry? Probably. Take gun back outside, I think I'd be in trouble.

Texas might be different.
View Quote

It is, this is a free state.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:36:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Going to jail because of it? Definitely
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:36:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah - again, I don’t know TX law, but a combo of good Castle Doctrine with no duty to retreat/ SYG and strong defense of property combined with a documented history of threats and a non-commie DA could very well exonerate the shooter.  I just don’t  know enough about the law down there.

Pretty sure the alley mattress guys trial has been delayed due to <0\/1d (don’t want to trigger a move of this thread to the basement )
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:36:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
On the one hand,

Shooter wasn't bluffing.

Shooter is a murderer.

On the other hand,

He didn't, so shooter brought out a gun.

Shooter didn't point it at dead guy till dead guy got a little physical.

I'm actually gonna go with shooter on this one.

And definitely don't touch me on my property when I've told you to leave my property.

View Quote
I'm all for Castle Doctrine, but part of your statement is suspect.

"I reserve the right to change my stance as more information becomes available."
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:36:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Seems most people here saying bad shoot are basing it on emotion IMHO. Sympathize with a single father, etc. Shit my divorce was so fun I lived in a  tent the first couple months and for nearly a dfecade I had to play fuck fuck games to see my kids.

Not once did I every tresspass and refuse to leave , and I certainly wouldn't have tried to grab a  gun  yelling that I was going to kill a guy with it. I loved my kids more then myself and would never do anything to fuck that up.sometimes it meant driving 4 hours back home without seeing my kids. It sucked but I would not do my kids favors being in prison or dead
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:37:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Didn’t look nearly that clear cut to me.  DRT said he was going to take the gun from him, advanced on him, tried to take gun away from him, ignored a warning shot and advanced again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That was murder. No excuses at all.
He needs prison in the worst way.

He wasn't advancing when shot. Maybe he would have if he hadn't been shot, but at the time the shooter was making distance and then shot.

Seems harder to justify shooting someone for trying to take your gun when you broke the contact and made distance yourself and then shot.

Seems even harder when you brought the gun into it when it wasn't a fight before.

I strongly lean toward guilty.

Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:37:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Having a rifle in your front yard isn't illegal.

The dead guy instantly escalated when homeowner guy brings out the gun. Dead guy gets in his face, body checks him (assault), and then verbally threatens to take homeowner's gun and kill him with it.

I swear some of you people are worse than the Kenosha faggot DA.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:37:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Agreed, and he shot him from a slight distance after retreating. It did not appear that the guy was charging him when shot.
View Quote

The distance is irrelevant.  Does he have to grab the gun again before he can shoot?  They were struggling for the gun and spun apart and as soon as he stabilized he fired.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:37:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Wonder if it was changed to coincide with the son getting out of school. Looks like sone Lubbock ISD schools get out at 3:15.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most Texas Standard Custody Agreements are that Possessions usually change at 6PM.    This shit was going on around 4ish??

Wonder if it was changed to coincide with the son getting out of school. Looks like sone Lubbock ISD schools get out at 3:15.

THAT is why the Divorce Custody agreements state 6pm for exchanges.  

(A) You don't want them both trying to pick up the kid as school arguing who is supposed to & the hapless school security crossing guards being in the middle of Tug-O-War over Timmy & Tina.

(B)  kids get off school need time to pack their bags, do homework, get chores done before leaving for the weekend and returning at 6pm on return Sunday.

Mom may have "said" oh come over at 3:30 to mess with Angry Dad, but it is what is WRITTEN that counts when the Cops show up.  

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:37:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Do you REALLY think they cloroformed the kid to knock him out, tied him up, stuffed him in the trunk and then sent a jumbled letter ransom note demanding $17 Million Dollars or they'd cut off his ear??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They kidnapped his kid.

Do you REALLY think they cloroformed the kid to knock him out, tied him up, stuffed him in the trunk and then sent a jumbled letter ransom note demanding $17 Million Dollars or they'd cut off his ear??

In all fairness most amber alerts are kids taken by a non-custodial parent.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:38:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
That video omits the fact that the new baby daddy went into the house to retrieve a firearm. He is fucked, and should be!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I reeeaaallly hope it wasn’t his kid that filmed that.  I couldn’t imagine what that would do to a child.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:38:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Tell 1932 their cell cameras suck ass.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:38:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Bunch of slack-jawed Bingers in here.
Page / 60
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top