Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2302 of 5583)
Page / 5583
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 8/16/2022 11:18:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#1]

Link Posted: 8/16/2022 11:18:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
I've been watching this scientist's twitter for a few weeks now, and he's got his program calibrated to the point he's able to pinpoint ammo dump explosions and missiles using magnetic anomaly detectors in the area.  This is the second time since the airbase in Crimea exploded last week he saw a launch from Odessa area of a mach 5 missile signature.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FaSiCpPWAAAkTMm?format=png&name=small
View Quote

hypersonic?
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 11:20:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#3]
Originally Posted By doc540:

hypersonic?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By doc540:
I've been watching this scientist's twitter for a few weeks now, and he's got his program calibrated to the point he's able to pinpoint ammo dump explosions and missiles using magnetic anomaly detectors in the area.  This is the second time since the airbase in Crimea exploded last week he saw a launch from Odessa area of a mach 5 missile signature.

hypersonic?

Most larger ballistic missiles and air defense missiles can be considered hypersonic. For example, the old Scud-B is hypersonic
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 11:24:11 AM EDT
[#4]

View Quote

If this one turns out to have the same dramatic results, I'll be a believer - and very pleased.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 11:27:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By vahog:

You don't buy that the burden of the reparations forced the Weimar Republic to print money and generate the runaway inflation, aiding to the rise of the Nazis?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By vahog:
Originally Posted By Jack67:

Right.  Plus, the $$ value of those wouldn't really go very far at all in the big picture.

Ideally, you'd have a change of government with full awareness of the issue and wanting to repudiate what happened and acknowledge the issue. An example of that is how WWI ended, which was illuminating.

- Military leaders told the political leadership to make peace; they knew it was collapsing (Hindenburg/Ludendorff, "H+L")
- Pol/mil leadership forced the Emperor out as a scapegoat
- They tried to continue in power, but the people knew they were culpable so drove them out, too.
- Subsequent civilian leadership made the peace.

In the mean time, and long after the armistice 11/11/18, the Allied Powers kept the blockade in place and the country effectively "sanctioned" until a binding peace was signed.  This drove the Germans insane, but it forced a somewhat equitable peace agreement with reparations.  The break-down of that peace agreement later was because of allied weakness and German weirdness, but not inherent defects of the agreement.

Any true "reparations" would really only come about from a) a change of government and b) a need to lift crippling sanctions.  And I think the odds are that will transpire, slowly.  But it's not a guarantee - just an educated estimate of probabilities when factoring a whole host of moving variables. Which can change.

You don't buy that the burden of the reparations forced the Weimar Republic to print money and generate the runaway inflation, aiding to the rise of the Nazis?

Not to mention the French occupation of the Ruhr Valley to force reparations entitled under the treaty?  Quite an interesting take?
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 11:36:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By governmentman:

If this one turns out to have the same dramatic results, I'll be a believer - and very pleased.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By governmentman:

lol, I've been skeptical for weeks now, but over that time he's been correlating his data with events on the ground, even pinpointed what city the events are happening near, so I'm interested to see if his theories prove true.  It is a novel and interesting way to track ballistic missile launches and their speed, to a specific target.  I know he doesn't like to be wrong, and he had to take down a twitter with data the other day because he said it might give away that Ukraine was doing something and giving the Russians a heads up.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 11:38:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bama_Rebel] [#7]

This is my own favorite theory as well.  2nd is the drone theory, or use of cruise missiles.  I'm curious about the Belorussian airbase with tons of S-400's, if it's struck with Hrim, then Ukraine can claim it was indigenous weapons systems that did it, striking such a base with ATACMS would be right out according to what the DoD said for weapons use with supplited US weapons systems.
View Quote

i watched a you tube video yesterday and the guys theory was Atacms, due to the fact that some of the planes not immediately next to the blast was damaged. Said the berm should of offered some protection. However, considering the Atacms has an airburst dispersal of multiple bomblets. It matches the damage seen.
Satellite Pics Show Massive Strike on Russian Airbase in Crimea

reports dod spokesman will begin sending more Atacms
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 11:43:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 11:49:35 AM EDT
[#9]

View Quote
ATACM says Mach 3 speed. Can't find data on Hirm 2.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 11:52:48 AM EDT
[#10]
This is satellite imagery of the Railway junction that was hit in Crimea, holy enticing targets Batman!!

2km from the Railway
View Quote

German Tornado with MW-1 munitions dispenser

I would pay to watch this.

Sadly it will never happen.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 11:58:12 AM EDT
[#11]

View Quote
He needs to STFU and stop chasing Twat clout.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 11:58:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: slanted] [#12]
View Quote

Sal with a good video on this situation and the complexities of shipping the grain.

Take My Ukrainian Grain...PLEASE! Lebanon Rejects First Ukraine Grain on board MV Razoni

ETA:  cliff notes

Don’t expect big nice ships to move the grain.  The insurance is limited.  

Smaller ships are coming in at a very slow pace.   We’re not going to get much grain out.

This particular ship was loaded in February and the corn was likely spoiled so Lebanon probably declined the shipment.

Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:05:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:

According to the internets, Tochka-U can hit a max speed of Mach 5.

Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:13:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:14:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: merick] [#15]
Originally Posted By slanted:

Sal with a good video on this situation and the complexities of shipping the grain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=278lqjMHNpI

ETA:  cliff notes

Don’t expect big nice ships to move the grain.  The insurance is limited.  

Smaller ships are coming in at a very slow pace.   We’re not going to get much grain out.

This particular ship was loaded in February and the corn was likely spoiled so Lebanon probably declined the shipment.

View Quote

So Syria isn't buddies with Russia any more? Sanctions lifted?

Or a case of "rules for thee but not for me" ?
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:19:44 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

I'm going with we gave them parts of atacms to put in a hrrm with the explanation they can not export the hrmm.

It pretty much aligns with what the us govt would do.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:24:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By merick:

So Syria isn't buddies with Russia any more? Sanctions lifted?

Or a case of "rules for thee but not for me" ?
View Quote

ship went off AIS to get to Syria… to your point.

But might have changed course because where else are you going to dump off a load of spoiled corn?

Assuming it was actually spoiled… and why?

Did it get wet? Condensation?

Do these bulk carriers have a way of blowing air through the grain?

So yeah, maybe, maybe not
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:31:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Waldo:

Must be burning enriched nut coal to get going that fast.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Waldo:
Originally Posted By Haub:

According to the internets, Tochka-U can hit a max speed of Mach 5.

Must be burning enriched nut coal to get going that fast.

BIG MISSILES BURN BIG NUT COAL
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:42:47 PM EDT
[#19]
More 155mm inbound...

Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:46:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:47:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By kpacman:

I can't wait to see the "after" photos on this depot.

The buildings where the trucks are backed up to are clearly ammo warehouses that would be incredible to drop a missile or two on.

Russia lost a ton of material there today.
View Quote

Tens of thousands of tons, probably.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:50:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Any vids lately of that idiot from Texas that hangs out with the Russians or is he dead ?
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:55:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Drone attack injures two Russians, rest just keep on walking.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/wpyt5z/drone_attack_on_russian_infantry_knocks_out_two/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb
View Quote

That's gotta be demoralizing to know if you get hurt they might just leave you.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:57:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M-1975:

Yea, like I said, was not sure how to take his info, but scientists tend to get excited when a theory they proposed starts to line up for them.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:57:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Swampgrass:

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:58:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: iggy1337] [#26]
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:59:43 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/wpyt5z/drone_attack_on_russian_infantry_knocks_out_two/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb

And yet every Russian social media account that posts about the war in Ukraine always includes #“We don't leave ours behind.”  I've even seen that shit in GD when the actual Russians pop their heads up from time to time.

el-oh-fucking-el
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:00:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:01:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:05:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:08:04 PM EDT
[#31]

lol, you can tell hes seen the videos, figured if he keeps moving and changing directions it will miss.  Serpentine!! Serpentine!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:09:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:16:21 PM EDT
[#33]

Yea, like I said, was not sure how to take his info, but scientists tend to get excited when a theory they proposed starts to line up for them.
View Quote

I’ve been looking at that since you pointed it out last week. I can not get a handle on what he’s honestly tracking and presenting. I understand in principle how a fluxgate magnetometer works. But I can’t find references to atmospheric uses of it. It seems he’s claiming to measure magnetic events carried on sound waves? What?
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:23:42 PM EDT
[#34]

lol, you can tell hes seen the videos, figured if he keeps moving and changing directions it will miss.  Serpentine!! Serpentine!!
View Quote

can you imagine if the drone started to have that same music start blasting just before it drop a few grenades just to fuck with those guys
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:25:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Russian news like this tells me Russia is hiding a big air defense failure lest it lose worldwide defense contracts https://www.rt.com/russia/560931-crimea-incident-sabotage-military/
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:26:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Russia getting hit in Crimea is just awesome! Russia sucks!
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:27:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#37]

I’ve been looking at that since you pointed it out last week. I can not get a handle on what he’s honestly tracking and presenting. I understand in principle how a fluxgate magnetometer works. But I can’t find references to atmospheric uses of it. It seems he’s claiming to measure magnetic events carried on sound waves? What?
View All Quotes

It's an interesting idea, the jist of it is that missiles going supersonic in the upper atmosphere do what he says in the tweet below.

You can read his thread here on the details if interested, he has a video so you can do the analysis as well.

Easiest way for me to imagine how it works would be like having multiple lightning detectors spread out over a region that can pinpoint cloud to ground lightning strikes to a specific area.  Except these magnetoacoustic waves are detected and plotted.

Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:32:37 PM EDT
[#38]

I've been looking at that since you pointed it out last week. I can not get a handle on what he's honestly tracking and presenting. I understand in principle how a fluxgate magnetometer works. But I can't find references to atmospheric uses of it. It seems he's claiming to measure magnetic events carried on sound waves? What?
View All Quotes

I've been looking at that since you pointed it out last week. I can not get a handle on what he's honestly tracking and presenting. I understand in principle how a fluxgate magnetometer works. But I can't find references to atmospheric uses of it. It seems he's claiming to measure magnetic events carried on sound waves? What?
The compression waves from the explosions actually hit the upper atmosphere and disturb the magnetic flux.  If the explosion is powerful enough at least . . .
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:34:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By _disconnector_:
The compression waves from the explosions actually hit the upper atmosphere and disturb the magnetic flux.  If the explosion is powerful enough at least . . .
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By _disconnector_:

Bingo apparently.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:35:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Any vids lately of that idiot from Texas that hangs out with the Russians or is he dead ?
View Quote

That cleetus looking, slack jawed, yee haw, fuckhead... Do me a favor and just call him "The guy from Austin that's running from the popo, and the drug dealers he owes money."

... Most likely he's hiding under a rock. Cockroaches are very resilient.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:35:58 PM EDT
[#41]

It's an interesting idea, the jist of it is that missiles going supersonic in the upper atmosphere do what he says in the tweet below.

Easiest way for me to imagine how it works would be like having multiple lightning detectors spread out over a region that can pinpoint cloud to ground lightning strikes to a specific area.  Except these magnetoacoustic waves are detected and plotted.

View Quote

Ok, so It’s the supersonic compression that creates a signal strong enough to be detectable?

That could make sense. Because I was thinking if his reasoning was correct, you would see every airliner making a signal.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:37:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:38:26 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

Interesting. Poor man's launch detector I suppose. Don't see any applications a functioning defense radar wouldn't do better though. Other then maybe detect stealth missiles.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:42:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#44]
Originally Posted By Orion_Shall_Rise:

Interesting. Poor man's launch detector I suppose. Don't see any applications a functioning defense radar wouldn't do better though. Other then maybe detect stealth missiles.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Orion_Shall_Rise:

Certainly, it's just a theory where this guy may be onto something that works for osint, but a dedicated defense radar is much better.  He said he cant tell the number of missiles fired unless it's over minutes of time.  If I go by this info, an attack on a base that shows no anomalies would be special ops, subsonic drones, or cruise missiles, but something is moving fast from the Odessa area and causing big explosions deep in Russian held territory.

Those interested can go to my post above, I have added more info and his explanations if your interested.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:42:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
View Quote

I mean, it's theoretically possible.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:46:30 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

That looks like something I would expect Wagner to do. I'm hopeful.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:46:37 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

Seems to have worked, video ended with him still on the move.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:51:55 PM EDT
[#48]

Ok, so It’s the supersonic compression that creates a signal strong enough to be detectable?

That could make sense. Because I was thinking if his reasoning was correct, you would see every airliner making a signal.
View All Quotes

Well, we don't have a lot of supersonic airliners at this point...
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:52:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:56:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#50]
Low resolution of Maiske before and after.

Page / 5583
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2302 of 5583)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top