Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2299 of 5583)
Page / 5583
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:20:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I saw them claiming two Ka-52's yesterday, with at least one confirmed.  Good to see the manpads taking their toll on the Russian airpower.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:23:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#2]
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:49:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By mancow:

It's like that scene in Falling Down.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

The way they took off running reminds me of the old arcade game, Cabal.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:51:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Unfortunately, I think we will be seeing more of this as the fight goes on as tubes are approaching condemnation criterial.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:52:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:06:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By R0N:

Unfortunately, I think we will be seeing more of this as the fight goes on as tubes are approaching condemnation criterial.
View All Quotes

Yea, I can only imagine how hard these things are being pushed to the limits.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:18:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#7]
One of the probably destroyed systems at the Wagner base the other day.

Origional photo:

This is a thermal weapon sight for the Kornet ATGM launcher.  Pretty rare item.   Good kill.

In happeier times, looked like this:
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:31:28 AM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes

With all the ammunition laying around the battlefield, I wonder if this failure isn't a result of sabotaged ammo left in the field intentionally by the Russians.

Dirty tricks are played by both sides in conflicts like this.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:36:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By kpacman:

With all the ammunition laying around the battlefield, I wonder if this failure isn't a result of sabotaged ammo left in the field intentionally by the Russians.

View All Quotes

Could be

But the more likely one of the two occurred: failure of the safe and arming mechanism in the fuze or the tube exceeded its fatigue condemnation limits.

Both have been know to blow up guns.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:37:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
In the first video at the very beginning, one can see a cement pillbox in action.  A month ago there was a photo of them transporting these 6"-8" thick cement boxes.  

The orcs put dirt on top and on one side of this box. Bet it didn't fare so well.
View Quote

they didn't hit the pillbox, if you pause at 58 seconds you can see it still intact. Didn't look like they hit either of the targets they had marked in the beginning of the video.
I imagine the target boxes were added later and they probably hit the target they was after. The after editing is a little misleading.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:41:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By sq40:

The movie Chernobyl seems to really reflect the attitudes Russians have towards blame, failure, and coping. It seems like as long as you check the boxes on the checklist paperwork, you are absolved.  But if you didn’t, you risk holding the bag. Responsibility for failure falls on the person that doesn’t follow the instructions to a T, no matter if it’s impossible to do, or the wrong thing to do.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sq40:
Originally Posted By Jack67:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Whoever in this thread said that the Russians will double down and reinforce their mistakes was a tactical genius.

Earlier I said, "in Russia, it's not really a failure until you reinforce it."

Maybe that's what you mean. Regarless, It's just amazing; they have positively feudal levels of command and control.

My buddy the former tanker is in awe of the Russians constantly and consistently reinforcing mistakes.

The movie Chernobyl seems to really reflect the attitudes Russians have towards blame, failure, and coping. It seems like as long as you check the boxes on the checklist paperwork, you are absolved.  But if you didn’t, you risk holding the bag. Responsibility for failure falls on the person that doesn’t follow the instructions to a T, no matter if it’s impossible to do, or the wrong thing to do.

Corporate America is like that too
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:55:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Glock63:

As nice as russia paying reparations sounds, you people who think it will happen are living in an alternate reality.
View Quote
I'm just a dummy from Utah so I need to ask.  Could the funds that we froze/seized from Russia and the oligarchs be used for reparations?  I honestly don't know.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:58:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:00:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:29:22 AM EDT
[#15]

in the first one, its hard to tell what that was, it could of been a drone. Also could of been demo by sappers. Hard to tell really.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:51:29 AM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

When I saw captured areas with a bunch of left behind ammo I was wondering when this would start happening months ago.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:53:09 AM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

Looked like something in the tree shot across the road at the 2nd tank too but missed (Flash in the tree then black smoke/dirt next to 2nd tank).
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:57:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#18]
Originally Posted By klinc:

Looked like something in the tree shot across the road at the 2nd tank too but missed (Flash in the tree then black smoke/dirt next to 2nd tank).
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By klinc:

You are correct, it was another DM-22, but it missed making the black puff of smoke, otherwise both vehicles would have been taken out.  Look above the tank and slightly to the right when it happens, seems to come from that tree line, a puff of smoke at the 4 second mark, just missed in front of the IFV.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 12:15:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Sounds like there is a good chance he was there but he may still be alive.

"Wagner Group Director Evgeniy Prigozhin is alive. The rumors were not confirmed. But he was somewhere nearby, so he took a photo near the destroyed headquarters."

https://nitter.net/ruscrimes24/status/1559190516876693507#m
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 1:02:28 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

That would be iffy.  It is generally a bad idea to sabotage the same ammunition that you are using also.  We did it in Vietnam with the 7.62x39 as we had no weapons to fire it

There is a chance your forces might run across the shell and use it themselves if they are running low.

I bet there was, either, a bore obstruction or barrel metal failure.  A driving band from a previous shell might have come off of the previous shell.  I am betting metal failure though
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 1:38:48 PM EDT
[#21]

I saw them claiming two Ka-52's yesterday, with at least one confirmed.  Good to see the manpads taking their toll on the Russian airpower.
View All Quotes

Ukraine sources made the claim on another thread that the Stormer AA vehicle has killed 3 helicopters and an SU-25 in three days.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 1:54:38 PM EDT
[#22]
FIRMS from 25 minutes ago.

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 1:59:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#23]

Indications of over 100 deaded Wagner mercenaries from yestdays strike.

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 2:07:43 PM EDT
[#24]
The SSO of Ukraine foiled an enemy attempt to break through in one of the areas where the tasks were carried out.
When the Russian occupiers formed a strike-reconnaissance group, the soldiers of the Special Operations Forces already advanced to intercept the enemy.

130 battalion TrO adjustment of fire and interaction with artillery.
Dozens of vehicles and many goat-faced creatures were destroyed

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 2:12:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By acrocat:
Sounds like there is a good chance he was there but he may still be alive.

"Wagner Group Director Evgeniy Prigozhin is alive. The rumors were not confirmed. But he was somewhere nearby, so he took a photo near the destroyed headquarters."

https://nitter.net/ruscrimes24/status/1559190516876693507#m
View Quote

Is that kind of like all the Moskva sailors that didn't go down with the ship and were on parade the days after in Sevastopol?

IN before some enterprising person finds that the wagner supplied pic is from days or weeks ago.  I'll believe he is alive when he shows up in public somewhere in Russia and is moving.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 2:12:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Not him but one of his guys. Defused mines being transported in a Kia.

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 2:16:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#28]
ETA- My bad, didn’t click.

Originally Posted By ridinshotgun:

Is that kind of like all the Moskva sailors that didn't go down with the ship and were on parade the days after in Sevastopol?

IN before some enterprising person finds that the wagner supplied pic is from days or weeks ago.  I'll believe he is alive when he shows up in public somewhere in Russia and is moving.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 2:16:56 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

That's fantastic news. And I've repeatedly heard that wagner men really do everything they can to avoid getting hurt. They prefer to stay in the back and such. So a strike that targeted and killed 100 of them will really make them question if this paycheck and the opportunity to commit war crimes is really worth dying for.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 2:19:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Bama_Rebel:

in the first one, its hard to tell what that was, it could of been a drone. Also could of been demo by sappers. Hard to tell really.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bama_Rebel:

You might be right.

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 2:27:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 2:28:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

That's fantastic news. And I've repeatedly heard that wagner men really do everything they can to avoid getting hurt. They prefer to stay in the back and such. So a strike that targeted and killed 100 of them will really make them question if this paycheck and the opportunity to commit war crimes is really worth dying for.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Yea, as more photos and videos come out, damage seems extensive, and I'm sure intelligence made sure Wagner was there in numbers to make the strike worth it.  I'm wondering if other higher ranking Wagner guys were taken out if not the main chef.

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 2:38:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Sumy Region. Another farmer found a mine.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 2:44:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bama_Rebel] [#34]
I think the airbase was hit with a combo of missiles' including the ATACMS.
I just wanted to throw out this video in case we see anything that looks familar. I would imagine we want to get rid of the gen one jassam since we went to the er and xr models. Look at the range of the gen 1 and what countries bought some, also how many can be loaded onto f15's. Informational video none the less. The gen 1 would be perfect for some of those deep weapons depo's or other HVT's. Doubt they'd use it for a bridge, but it would probably work well.
US Military Testing the deadliest stealth missile - AGM-158 JASSM

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 2:46:35 PM EDT
[#35]
'We Strike Back Mightily': Ukrainian Troops Slug It Out With Big Guns

''We Strike Back Mightily'': Ukrainian Troops Slug It Out With Big Guns

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 2:55:28 PM EDT
[#36]

spiked ammo or breach failure?
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 2:55:56 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

I was trying to tell someone on Reddit that tubes had a wear life after which they were ineffective and a fatigue life after which they are dangerous and he said he was a Norwegian army M109 driver and gunner and he knew I was lying. My brother then told me that there are some things you shouldn’t tell the guy that sits next to the breech.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 3:00:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ryan_Scott] [#38]
Originally Posted By Capta:

Ukraine sources made the claim on another thread that the Stormer AA vehicle has killed 3 helicopters and an SU-25 in three days.
View Quote

The Starstreak seems like a real winner. I wonder if it’s getting a second look from buyers and developers of the next generation MANPADS.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 3:00:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Prime:
The SSO of Ukraine foiled an enemy attempt to break through in one of the areas where the tasks were carried out.
When the Russian occupiers formed a strike-reconnaissance group, the soldiers of the Special Operations Forces already advanced to intercept the enemy.

130 battalion TrO adjustment of fire and interaction with artillery.
Dozens of vehicles and many goat-faced creatures were destroyed

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FaNpPpJXkAADo7C?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

Seeing lots and lots of M4's now
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 3:01:12 PM EDT
[#40]
We'll see what develops.

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 3:09:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

The Starstreak seems like a real winner. I wonder if it’s getting a second look from buyers and developers of the next ge station MANPADS.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:
Originally Posted By Capta:

The Starstreak seems like a real winner. I wonder if it’s getting a second look from buyers and developers of the next ge station MANPADS.

I want to see this footage.

Modern NATO AA systems engaging good ole Soviet aircraft.

Just as the Cold War intended.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 3:34:29 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

I would rate this as extremely unlikely, and even unnecessary. The Russians haven't proven to be that skilled at regular combat operations, let alone the poor quality of their other "provocations" (take for example the PGM footage of a "HIMARS being destroyed"...where it was apparently parked on the second floor of some building).

A bunch of OSINT types on the bird app and on YT have been speculating about what ammo stocks the Russians and their successor states ended up with after 1989, and stock levels in the years since. So it could have been any number of things for the Ukrainian gun, but the Russian ammo situation is getting worse by the day. Very old ammo and with dubious storage conditions and handling.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 3:38:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: governmentman] [#43]
We'll see what develops.

View Quote

Could be very interesting to see how this unfolds. Ukraine is being very methodical in the groundwork for retaking Kherson.

Cutting off logistics, taking out air defenses, targeting leadership. Communications is probably on the chopping block soon.

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 3:45:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#44]
Kharkiv, Kharkiv region, de-occupied village of Ruska Lozova: captured Rashist MT-LB number 572. On top of the boxes, you can make out the inscription 9М39 (ie, MANPADS "Igla"). Normal trophies!

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 3:49:54 PM EDT
[#45]

The sweetest thing about watching that comm tower collapse is knowing that it’s on Russian soil.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 3:52:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 4:02:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Prime:

https://t.me/mertviorku/1560
View Quote

I don't expect that he made it back to his base.

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 4:13:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#48]
That Belarus airfield that claimed an engine fire the other day, has a crap ton of S-400 systems and a stockpile of ammo for them.  If used in ground strikes it could reach Chernahiv.

At the Zyabrovka airfield there are from 10 to 14 air defense systems S-400 "Triumph", 3 radars "KASTA-2E2" and "48Y6 Podlyot", 2 air defense missile systems "Pantsir"

▪️ An ammunition depot is located with a minimum of 15-60 missiles for S-300/400 air defense systems
View Quote

Il-76 aircraft of the Russian Aerospace Forces deliver missiles for the S-400 to the Gomel airport, from where they are transported to Zyabrovka

We urge you not to ignore worries.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 4:16:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Serbia abandoned the Russian Federation military base and will train the army according to NATO standards

It is reported that after the Russian ambassador announced Russia's plans to deploy a military base in Serbia, Belgrade intensified cooperation with NATO.

Thus, the "South" base   the main center for training of the Serbian army according to NATO standards, as well as training of Serbian special units for peacekeeping operations   will appear in Serbia instead of the Russian one.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 4:18:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By SFguy:
I'm just a dummy from Utah so I need to ask.  Could the funds that we froze/seized from Russia and the oligarchs be used for reparations?  I honestly don't know.
View Quote

Hopefully so. I dont particularly consider that reparations however. Reparations require a knowledgement of wrongdoing and a willingness to make amends.  Not a chance of that with Russia. They will simply call the seizing of their overseas assets as theft by nato, the EU, etc.
Page / 5583
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2299 of 5583)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top