User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 10:23:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxIWDmmqZzY

Anybody that says the 70’s sucked probably wasn’t around in the 70’s…
View Quote

Damn, this right here.  If this doesn't make you want to live in the '70s, I don't know what to say.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 10:27:06 PM EDT
[#2]
What  year was peak polyester Leasure Suit?
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 10:30:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I lived through it.

The horror... the horror... The Bee-Gees...

The 1980s was proof that God loves us.

Link Posted: 9/23/2021 10:31:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Everyone wasn't morbidly obese so at least there was that.
View Quote

Yeah one of the few bonuses.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 10:33:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Tube tops?

Hot pants?

Women who strove to look healthy vs masculine?

Only 2 sexes & genders….?

Yea, it was all kinds of fucked up….
View Quote

Amen brother. My girlfriend liked to drive my car while I pushed up her tube top and played with her tits. The old days of getting it on a gravel road.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 10:36:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Everyone wasn't morbidly obese so at least there was that.
View Quote

This!
And not all the music sucked… [cough] Queen, Elton John, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, The Who, Pink Floyd, basically every other rock band…[/cough]

Some clothes weren’t great. Haircuts either, but Daisy Dukes, tube tops, tight jeans, and real bush…

It was just fine.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 10:36:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxIWDmmqZzY

Anybody that says the 70’s sucked probably wasn’t around in the 70’s…
View Quote

I turned 18 in 1974.

The '70s sucked.

Link Posted: 9/23/2021 10:38:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I had two '71 R/T Chargers, both white with black vinyl top, 440 auto slapstick. One had a factory sunroof, was told it was 1 of 11 built. Should've kept that one!  
View Quote

Very cool! Nice to know there are other 3rd gen Charger guys out there. Yes, sunroofs are super rare. I got to check out Tim Welborns one of one and highest optioned 71 HEMI Charger in EV2 HEMI orange with a sunroof at the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals in 2019. Killer #1 car. No sale at $375,000 at Mecum.

30 Sunroof Charger R/Ts were built in 71.

I have a 71 2 barrel 383 Charger project, that my son and I are building, and I'm working on picking up another 71 R/T. The R/T is F3 green, F7 green interior. 440/auto with A/C and hideaway headlights.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 10:45:41 PM EDT
[#9]
If I had to describe the seventies with a picture, it would be of urinal with cigarette butts in it.

As disgusting as it sounds now, that was a common sight.  Very iconic, I think.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 10:49:09 PM EDT
[#10]
.....or a hot, firm, sixteen year old girl in a tube top.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 10:56:18 PM EDT
[#11]
There were good times and bad times, just as every era has. The men's clothes were horrible, hair styles as well. Women and girls fared better. Teens in cars filled the streets every weekend, kids were everywhere. The Who, Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin were on tour, tickets were less than 10 bucks apiece.

Not every bush was untrimmed and out of control.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 10:56:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Willie, Waylon, Merle, George, Johnny, Paycheck, Chris.

Cold beer.

Lot’s of fresh woolybooger.

I got rid of my GTX and Roadrunner to switch to a Porsche and supersonic jets.

I was a young company grade officer during the sexual revolution.

My apartment even had shag carpet. It was actually shagging carpet.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 10:57:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
.....or a hot, firm, sixteen year old girl in a tube top.
View Quote

She was my neighbor.  I was around 10-11 at the time.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 10:58:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Very cool! Nice to know there are other 3rd gen Charger guys out there. Yes, sunroofs are super rare. I got to check out Tim Welborns one of one and highest optioned 71 HEMI Charger in EV2 HEMI orange with a sunroof at the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals in 2019. Killer #1 car. No sale at $375,000 at Mecum.

I have a 71 2 barrel 383 Charger project, that my son and I are building, and I'm working on picking up another 71 R/T. The R/T is F3 green, F7 green interior. 440/auto with A/C and hideaway headlights.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/416672/OIP_jpeg_jpg-2102460.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had two '71 R/T Chargers, both white with black vinyl top, 440 auto slapstick. One had a factory sunroof, was told it was 1 of 11 built. Should've kept that one!  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/416672/OIP_jpeg_jpg-2102460.JPG

Nice! Hope you're able to pick up the green R/T. Interesting that 30 sunroof R/T's were built. I was told 11 were built the way mine was configured.
From what I was told, all the sunroof were installed by a contracted company in Phoenix. I knew a guy who owned an identical Charger to mine, also white, also a sunroof car. His car's serial # was 2-3 digits off from mine, both built at the LA plant.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 11:01:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Frigging mellinials.. the 70s were badass..  everything besides the ugly furniture were awesome
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 11:04:02 PM EDT
[#16]
I graduated High School in 1974.

The 70's was the dust settling on the 60's.

Yes, they were horrible.  I was there.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 11:08:43 PM EDT
[#17]
My dad said it was a great time.

He was (is) literally the Boomer meme. Factory job out of high school that provided a middle class life. He owned two airplanes and flew them all over the Midwest from one fly-in party to another.

Honest to God one reason I've never done a DNA test is because I don't want to find half siblings that I'd have to split an inheritance with.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 11:09:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It was a good time to be a kid and spend the 80's as a teenager.
View Quote

Exactly this.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 11:13:28 PM EDT
[#19]
The air and water was brown too.

I guess that's why I laugh at the "climate" nut-jobs of today....They have grown-up in a era were the environment is far and away cleaner than what it was in the 60s and 70s.

The "greatest generation" did their level best to poison us back then for a buck....Even when they knew better they fought it tooth and nail.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 11:14:13 PM EDT
[#20]
A lot of loose titties.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 11:16:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Born in 65. Yes. As horrible as you imagine.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 11:17:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I got alot of pussy in the 70s , now the pussy I get is close to 70
View Quote

LOL
and
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 11:17:58 PM EDT
[#23]
The '70s were in black & white. All the brown looking pics you see are early attempts at colorization. The massive consumption psychedelic of drugs allowed people to enjoy color in real time.

Consequently, early colors were too bright due to the use of phosphates during the '80s. Tons and tons of cocaine were necessary to tone them down so people could look at them with the naked eye.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 11:18:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Compared to how fucked up things are today, the '70s were awesome.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 11:18:53 PM EDT
[#25]
I graduated from high school in '71. The seventies was a great decade for me.  The things that sucked about it were the 55 mph speed limit and that the motorcycles weren't nearly as good as they are today. Traveling across the USA on a motorcycle with no credit card, GPS, or cell phone was good; you were on your own.  Young women were better too, not all caught up in social media.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 11:19:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Late 60s were peak muscle.

70s were emission-choked shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The 70s also had some of the coolest muscle cars ever.  You're also ignoring them.
But yes, the fashions sucked.

'71 Cuda still rocked.

Link Posted: 9/23/2021 11:22:09 PM EDT
[#27]
The 70s seems like it was a awful time, shitty cars, shitty economy, unkept women etc.

The 80s seem to be the pinnacle of THE USA
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 11:23:36 PM EDT
[#28]
You could buy a German Iron Cross for $20
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 11:24:22 PM EDT
[#29]
It was really, really hairy!
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 11:24:56 PM EDT
[#30]
There were good things in the 70's. Like plaid.

Link Posted: 9/23/2021 11:25:35 PM EDT
[#31]
There was still a lot of good music, hot early '70s cars and a lack of hambeasts on magazine covers.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 11:28:04 PM EDT
[#32]
lol "the music sucked"  yeah Black Sabbath, Van Halen, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, etc

as far as cars, too many are talking about what cars were made, not what cars normal dudes could afford. Kids drove used 1960's muscle cars as starter cars.

Oh and back then fat chicks were practically rare

I came of age in the 80s but the 70s looked pretty cool too
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 11:29:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Fourth of July parades were awesome.
View Quote

hell yes they were, the national guard drove their tanks in the parade
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 11:34:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

hell yes they were, the national guard drove their tanks in the parade
View Quote

The parades of 1976 were something else.  National Guard rattling off blanks through a truck mounted belt fed.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 11:38:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Wait my dream car is my 1976 Corvette

Link Posted: 9/23/2021 11:39:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Senior '76 here. Driving a '67 GTO. 400, 4 speed. Loved it.

"If you can remember the 70's, you weren't doing it right."

Link Posted: 9/23/2021 11:40:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hey my 76 vet came with 185 hp
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 11:45:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Totally. Life is way better with cardi b and millions of trans testicles fluttering around everywhere.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/23/2021 11:46:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Attachment Attached File

This. Earth shoes. Peanut pants. I turned 18 in 1980, so most of my teen years were 70s. A lot of advances in electronics and tech in the 70s. Unix. AMF Harleys.

Attachment Attached File

Parents' motorcycle from the 70s. Me just before going on active duty in the USAF in 1981.

CB radios, and D104 microphones. Quadrophonics. Dolphins 17-0. Lots of cool things in the 70s. And food. Man, the food was great. All you can eat salad bar, with steak and baked potatoes, for cheap. The food was killer.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 11:49:12 PM EDT
[#40]
There was a lot of orange to go with the browns.

They'd combine the two in shag carpet that pretty much resembled puke.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 11:51:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Also wasn't the crime rate like double what it is now?
View Quote
I get so tired of hearing and reading this shit.

How do you account for all the threads talking about how such and such place was nice growing up but is a shit hole now? Have you ever - even once- read a thread talking about how someone moved somewhere because it was no longer a shit hole?

Where there flash mobs walking out with a stores entire inventory - while cops watch and do nothing?

How were the malls? Where they empty because they became something out of a third world country? No. We had arcades, orange Julius, and fun.

You could walk down the street without stepping in human shit because shitting in the street wasn't a concept. Neither were tent cities or beggers on every corner.

You could go to a county fair without being beaten by a mob of dindos.

I guess this is part of the revisionist history they teach in school now. Yes there were pockets of shittyness but guess what, shitty is the new normal and you'll play hell trying to find a place as nice as the vast majority of the country was in the 70's and 80's.

The frog has been boiled and now thinks sitting in boiling water is normal.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Police-fighting-back-as-Chicago-crime-spills-into-Indiana/5-2490219/
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 11:53:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
As youngest during that time, I remember  it being a  dark time. Parents  had to/needed work. Music was mostly  60s music.  

Really  not a good time
View Quote

Yes, today is soooo much better.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 11:54:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

How do you account for all the threads talking about how such and such place was nice growing up but is a shit hole now? Have you ever - even once- read a thread talking about how someone moved somewhere because it was no longer a shit hole?

Where there flash mobs walking out with a stores entire inventory - while cops watch and do nothing?

How were the malls? Where they empty because they became something out of a third world country? No. We had arcades, orange Julius, and fun.

You could walk down the street without stepping in human shit because shitting in the street wasn't a concept. Neither were tent cities or beggers on every corner.

I guess this is part of the revisionist history they teach in school now. Yes there were pockets of shittyness but guess what, shitty is the new normal and you'll play hell trying to find a place as nice as the vast majority of the country was in the 70's and 80's.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Police-fighting-back-as-Chicago-crime-spills-into-Indiana/5-2490219/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the crime was mostly in the cities as they still are.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 11:54:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I was born in 70 so my perspective is that of a kid during that time.

The one thing that really stands out in my memory, that people don't understand today, is the amount of trash that was everywhere. Beside the roads, in the parks, everywhere. Littering was just a thing you did. When someone was done with a fast food bag, they'd just pitch it out the car window. Glass bottles broken everywhere, pop tops that would cut your foot open. It was like that everywhere.

In some ways it's a lot cleaner these days. But in other ways it's not.
View Quote

Yeah, the tent cities and shit are so much cleaner.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 11:58:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The 70s seems like it was a awful time, shitty cars, shitty economy, unkept women etc.

View Quote

Seems seems seems, in other words, you don't know but this is your chance to be edgy.

Most people didn't have 30k worth of credit card debt then so there's that.
Link Posted: 9/24/2021 12:02:09 AM EDT
[#46]
There wasn't a better decade for music than the 70's.....Pop, bubblegum, hard rock, heavy metal, funk, punk, motown, glitter,disco, arena rock, prog, acid,great country , southern rock, techno,folk if you couldn't find something you liked then you didn't like music!

The cars were awesome....you could get 60's muscle cars cheap, and the early 70's cars were badass!

Alot of good TV shows, movies, and you got Monty Python ,Saturday night live, and SCTV.

And finally there was Hollywood Home Theatre, nudity right on your tv set!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/24/2021 12:04:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I lived in a city in the late 60's early 70's as a young teen. My friend would spend the night and we would walk to the pizza place by ourselves, at night. We walked and rode our bikes everywhere and lived to tell about it.

Neither my family or any of my friends families and households were victims of a crime, except for maybe an egging or toilet papering.
Link Posted: 9/24/2021 12:07:30 AM EDT
[#48]
I think it depended on where you lived. Mid 70's in rural PA versus SoCal was a big difference.

I had family in both spots, and bounced back & forth in the summer and it was a culture shock.

And I loved every minute of it.

Oddly enough, I ended up in England for 5 years, starting in 1985, and part of it was like traveling back in time to the 1970s. Again. The depressing part.
Link Posted: 9/24/2021 12:08:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Seems seems seems, in other words, you don't know but this is your chance to be edgy.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

well it tough to use your credit card when they isn't enough gas to put in your car to drive around
Link Posted: 9/24/2021 12:09:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I lived in a city in the late 60's early 70's as a young teen. My friend would spend the night and we would walk to the pizza place by ourselves, at night. We walked and rode our bikes everywhere and lived to tell about it.

Neither my family or any of my friends families and households were victims of a crime, except for maybe an egging or toilet papering.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I doubt it was Baltimore or New Orleans
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top