Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 9:08:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Nonsense. Some of his favorite people drive electric cars.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/6163/Best-Power-Wheels-And-Electric-Cars-For--2041384.JPG
View Quote

Where's the Noobnoob "Goddamn!" meme when you need it?
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 9:13:50 PM EDT
[#2]
FTWH
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 9:15:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
"On Thursday morning, Biden signed an executive order setting a goal to make 50% of all new cars sold in 2030 zero-emission vehicles"

Wait. There are still some here saying the government isn't doing this. No one will be forcing you to buy electric.
View Quote

Funny how some automakers announced this weeks/months ago.

Some even pledging for full electric (no gas/diesel at all) by 2030 or 35.

And I bet those same manufacturers know there is going to be followup legislation starting a sliding scale of banning older vehicles from the road.
Being excited to retool basically everything and unlearn over 100 years of accumulated knowledge for new, not ready for mass market public consumption tech, there has gotta be something on the backend.
Like a total removal of ICE powered vehicles from the road by 2040. Imagine having to turnover the ENTIRE automotive fleet in 10 years. Tons of money to be made.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 9:16:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Jeep pretty much sponsored his campaign.
View Quote

Their Wrangler hybrid that touts 30 miles of EV only driving made it 5 miles offroad.
Yeah, that isn't gonna work.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 9:23:20 PM EDT
[#5]
And they used to bash trump for being petty
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 9:25:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
He should hold a Tesla drive-in event in D.C.
View Quote

Like “ROLLING THUNDER” only with Teslas it would “rolling mmm” I can’t make font smaller … lol
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 9:27:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

And I bet those same manufacturers know there is going to be followup legislation starting a sliding scale of banning older vehicles from the road.
Being excited to retool basically everything and unlearn over 100 years of accumulated knowledge for new, not ready for mass market public consumption tech, there has gotta be something on the backend.
Like a total removal of ICE powered vehicles from the road by 2040. Imagine having to turnover the ENTIRE automotive fleet in 10 years. Tons of money to be made.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"On Thursday morning, Biden signed an executive order setting a goal to make 50% of all new cars sold in 2030 zero-emission vehicles"

Wait. There are still some here saying the government isn't doing this. No one will be forcing you to buy electric.

The auto industry is absolutely incapable of the dynamism that would be required to achieve that.  I have a front row seat to it.

Link Posted: 8/5/2021 9:27:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Don’t worry joe probably just forgot to send the invitation.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 9:31:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg said he doesn’t know why Elon Musk’s Tesla won’t appear at President Joe Biden’s clean-car event at the White House on Thursday.
View Quote

It's literally his fucking job!
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 9:32:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Most corrupt administration in history and it’s not even close.
View Quote

Warren G. Harding =/= Joe Biden

https://www.britannica.com/biography/Warren-G-Harding/Scandals
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 9:36:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Just another proof that no one in this admin knows a damn thing.  They truly are the JV.

And a GM, Ford, or Chrysler vehicle would be the last ones I’d ever buy.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 9:37:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Democrats future is do what we say are you won't be invited to the buffet.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 9:39:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Looks like the government wants to pick and choose winners and losers again.

And I bet it has a lot to do with unions.
View Quote
And Nancy's portfolio.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 10:27:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Isn't Musk a conservative?
View Quote

''If you don''t make stuff there''s no stuff'' Elon Musk - Economics 101
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 10:30:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

This would be a good time for Musk to tweet out a reminder that he effectively owns a fleet of ICBMS.

Nobody GAF if they carry nukes or not.  A 4000lbs. cone of tungsten that Musk can drop on your house at 5000mph is no joke!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL

Musk better sell out completely to the political machine if he wants to enjoy full privileges.
He has played it EXTREMELY well, but not like these pros who have the reigns of power and can start tearing it down.

This would be a good time for Musk to tweet out a reminder that he effectively owns a fleet of ICBMS.

Nobody GAF if they carry nukes or not.  A 4000lbs. cone of tungsten that Musk can drop on your house at 5000mph is no joke!

@limaxray
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 11:04:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
He should hold a Tesla drive-in event in D.C.
View Quote

Like “ROLLING THUNDER” only with Teslas it would “rolling mmm” I can’t make font smaller … lol
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 11:07:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 11:12:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Don't forget Saturn.  They had some nice, reliable cars.  Once GM acquired it, they rammed it into the ground.
View Quote
Saturn was always GM.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 11:14:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Like who cares right. It doesn't matter tesla is a private business so it can do what it wants, no need to talk to government folks, right?

Link Posted: 8/5/2021 11:15:42 PM EDT
[#20]
It’s like the rats aren’t even to hide where the cheese comes from anymore.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 11:16:00 PM EDT
[#21]
horse traders lobbied against the model t

100 years later, ice lobbies against the model 3
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 11:16:49 PM EDT
[#22]
As if anyone needed further proof that Musk is doing it right..
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 11:21:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Like a total removal of ICE powered vehicles from the road by 2040. Imagine having to turnover the ENTIRE automotive fleet in 10 years.
View Quote
A lot more charging infrastructure is going to have to be built then!

Link Posted: 8/5/2021 11:21:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Looks like the government wants to pick and choose winners and losers again.

And I bet it has a lot to do with unions.
View Quote

well duh you dont have to wonder/s[eculate because it says thats pretty much why right there in the article, lol
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 11:28:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Everything with the Dems is pure politics 24/7/365.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 11:29:35 PM EDT
[#26]
As I watched this play out today on TV I had this feeling that this
may be a turning point for Elon.

Remember when Obama made fun of Trump and it turned Trump
from basically non political to running for president.  

I don't believe this will turn Musk into a politician but I wouldn't want
to piss him off.  Right now I see him as a non political libratarian type.
If the left pushes him too far he could move all of his operations to red
states and put his money behind conservative candidates.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 11:34:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 11:36:12 PM EDT
[#28]
This will only make Elon work harder.

Fuck those marxist pukes
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 11:48:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

He's only where he is now because of cronyism with the Obama/Biden regime anyway.

What goes around comes around.
View Quote
So like all the other car companies Obama bailed out.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 12:26:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E7pBlqNXMAEknkI?format=jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Like a total removal of ICE powered vehicles from the road by 2040. Imagine having to turnover the ENTIRE automotive fleet in 10 years.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E7pBlqNXMAEknkI?format=jpg

I could of taken a similar photo in Williams Lake, BC of gas and diesel vehicles all waiting overnight for the only fuel station in 150 miles to open in the morning.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 12:40:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I could of taken a similar photo in Williams Lake, BC of gas and diesel vehicles all waiting overnight for the only fuel station in 150 miles to open in the morning.
View Quote

According to a quick internet search, there are at least a dozen gas stations in Williams Lake.

How many Tesla charging stations are there in Williams Lake?
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 12:54:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

A simple search shows 15 gas stations in that town, with several being 24 hours, and the rest most likely have 24 hour pumps.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 1:02:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Only one daytime-only gas station?  Also, 5 minute fill-up v. 90 minute fill-up.  Gas station can process a lot more vehicles much faster.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 1:03:01 AM EDT
[#34]
What is a Stellantis?
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 1:03:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Everyone is ignoring the elephant in the room.
Biden wants to make 50% of cars sold electric, but at the same time he is trying to cut out the only reliable sources of electricity generation. Sweet we all have electric cars but no electricity to charge them with.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 1:06:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Everyone is ignoring the elephant in the room.
Biden wants to make 50% of cars sold electric, but at the same time he is trying to cut out the only reliable sources of electricity generation. Sweet we all have electric cars but no electricity to charge them with.  
View Quote
Move to the city.  Live in an apartment.  Take public transport.  Like other countries.  I guess.  Not sure what his end game is.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 1:10:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

hes already way more pissed off about what theyre doing with the FAA and spacex, this just brings it more to a mainstream audience.
View Quote
Cliffnotes for those of us not in the know?
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 1:12:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Move to the city.  Live in an apartment.  Take public transport.  Like other countries.  I guess.  Not sure what his end game is.
View Quote
That is exactly their end game. They don't want us peons owning our own houses and transportation.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 1:38:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

When you make people dependent on something, like the government, said government has total control over those people. When you concentrate people, give them no area to get their own food (hunting/farming) you are now dependent on what the government controls you have. When you're dependent on them to provide your transportation, they control where you can go, and when you can go where they want you to go. Your family is hungry or cold because of government imposed rations? Well, you can't go out in your car and get firewood, or shoot an animal. It's all to control you, the hive mind is for real, and individualistic thought is easily squashed.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 2:12:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 2:16:16 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
This makes me want a Tesla even more.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/6/2021 2:38:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
This makes me want a Tesla even more.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/6/2021 3:00:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
As soon as biden took office the FAA went full on hardon for spacex. Saying they violated rules on launches. Now they are saying they need an environmental study for starship, basically all sorts of bullshit to hold them back and give Legacy space like Boeing/Lockheed 2nd and 3rd chances.
View Quote
So is potato-head going to send the US Marshalls to arrest Musk and the ground crew of SpaceX during the next Starlink countdown?
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 3:04:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 3:05:24 AM EDT
[#45]
They are Racist! Won't invite him because he's of African decent. They should be ashamed of themselves!
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 3:10:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Starship is different than starlink. They’re basically just playing fukfuk games
View Quote
They both use rockets.  So one is okay and the other is not?  I admit I am not up on the SpaceX controversy.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 3:19:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 5:33:04 AM EDT
[#48]
The left is in bed with  the  union thugs and Musk doesn't want unions in his plants - that is  why he wasn't invited..  That dickless coward in the  WH is being played by everyone including wifey.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 6:55:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Tesla makes 500,000+ EVs in the USA, and has a monster factory in Texas being built designed to make 2,000,000 per year.

I Doubt GM, Ford and Stellantis (lol, stupidest fucking name ever) combined even produce 100k. The Ford Mach-E is made in Mexico using a Polish battery. The Model Y and 3 are currently the #1 and #3 most American-made cars you can buy.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 6:57:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Isn't Musk a conservative?
View Quote

He is a centrist, but anti-woke, so the purple-haired genderqueer postmodernist zombies hate him.
Page / 5
Top Top