Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 4:09:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn that is wicked. Right in the middle of a neighborhood.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 4:10:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The windows look fake.
View Quote

We contracted with a colocation site in Denver once. On the outside, it looked like your standard cookie cutter office building.

It was a solid reinforced cinderblock and concrete bunker, essentially. The windows were all fake, it had redundant fiber and power connections, diesel generators. To get in, you had to enter a mantrap and scan your hand on a biometric scanner. If you knew what was inside, then all the bollards, cameras and physical security elements started to become evident. Pretty cool.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 4:10:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Does the generator exhaust run through the chimney?
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 4:11:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I have and I totally get it
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This was an AT&T data center.  It was built into a neighborhood because it was a rare geographic location in the DFW area that had the capability to hook the building into two completely separate power grids.  

Take the tin foil off.

Why does a data center need a sally port with bullet proof glass and gun lockers?

Have you ever done business with AT&T?

I have and I totally get it

Yep.....looks like a Russelectric transfer switch as well.  AT&T Dallas only buys from them so probably AT&T site but those storage racks are interesting.  

Link Posted: 7/28/2021 4:12:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I need to get my jump to conclusions mat.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 4:13:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I need one of you to taste the floors for cum, blood, and poop before making an offer.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 4:13:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Both those buildings stick out like a sore thumb in that hood.  Feel like the CIA/NSA would have been a little more incognito then that.

Link Posted: 7/28/2021 4:13:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It’s an office.

The next room over is the security room. You can see the plexiglass window and the lockers in the hallway beyond it. It has almost the same floor design as my kids elementary school.

Some of you guys have an over active imagination.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

maybe, that's a serious freaking door....double panel metal with a solid core.

no way in hell that's AT&T spec...it screams govt

With a single weak knob, no deadbolt or other locking mechanism

lol...there is no one in the world breaking through that knob with out serious equipment.

Not to mention the people on the other side of the door and next door, it's not like it would have been left unattended. Probably covered with cameras as well.

exactly, this isn't a jail or prison. It's an interrogation room.

not enhanced interrogation at that....the floors are polished cement.

It’s an office.

The next room over is the security room. You can see the plexiglass window and the lockers in the hallway beyond it. It has almost the same floor design as my kids elementary school.

Some of you guys have an over active imagination.

I'm pretty sure midcap is just messing with the crazies through the application of heavy sarcasm.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 4:15:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If it was a server farm, then what are all of the storage racks for?
View Quote

Could be for secure records/backup media storage.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 4:16:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That's a weird house right there. The front door suggests it's not your normal residence while the inside confirms it. Cinder block walls! I want to see the torture chamber the Dems set up for us deplorables. I wonder if the windows are unusually thick.
View Quote

How does that front door say normal residence?
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 4:17:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I need one of you to taste the floors for cum, blood, and poop before making an offer.
View Quote

Sorry, most GD participants don’t know what blood tastes like
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 4:18:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure midcap is just messing with the crazies through the application of heavy sarcasm.
View Quote

Check.

I didn't pay enough attention there.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 4:19:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Data center doesn't explain the lockers on the inside of the door. Weapons lockers? Even secure data centers I've been in didn't require me to leave my phone.

the good news is, looks like you're getting a hell of a generator!
View Quote

Looks like the entry to a SCIF.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 4:20:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Sorry, most GD participants don’t know what blood tastes like
View Quote

hahahahahahhahaha got em
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 4:21:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If it was a server farm, then what are all of the storage racks for?
View Quote

Parts and servers still in their boxes.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 4:22:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Looks like it would make a nice crypto farm.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 4:24:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
LOL the one behind it is equally interesting... gated off like a war zone, with some sort of plackarded hazmat storage in the driveway.  13352 Blossomheath Ln.

Maybe that's the crematorium to clean up after what the hell ever happened at the other house.
View Quote
The door/gate hardware, lighting, the hazmat storage and the 3 transformers and apparently different fiber drop feeding it pretty much scream data center of some type.   Kind makes sense that they would capitalize on the fat data pipe infrastructure in the area.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 4:25:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It has a raised floor in the main room, so most of that may be under it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There aren't enough line drops, cooling, or fire suppression in the main room to be a server farm but they clearly had some type electronic equipment in there.

You wouldn't run the wires under the tiles as they produce static electricity and it would be a pain to run or maintain.  Data centers run the wires above the servers.  It is obviously an equipment room but I don't see anything that indicates a commercial level data center.  Also you wouldn't have the gun lockers located in the entry way if the primary use was a secure data center.  Some type of government interrogation facility with servers to monitor whatever activity they are monitoring would be my guess.  

This is what a datacenter would look similar too.  I don't see any signs of anything being removed from the ceiling.  

Link Posted: 7/28/2021 4:25:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Looks similar to a telcom "house" just down the road from me.  Never seen inside but I would assume similar but not sure.  The entry hall looks a little too secure for just a telcom type building.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 4:26:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 4:26:20 PM EDT
[#21]
I had a couple repeat calls to a house that was melting electrical service cables and transformers.  It was constantly running at 400amps even, which is extremely high.  A normal 400 amp service rarely pulls 200 continuous.  Every time I went there, there was nobody home.  Yard maintained, no furniture, no access, nobody returned calls.  I could see that the thermostat was at a normal temp through the back window, so that wasn't a factor.  It was in one of the wealthiest towns in the US also.  Always figured it was a spook site.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 4:28:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Hello operator, I’m going to need a room for the night.

Link Posted: 7/28/2021 4:29:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The windows look fake.
View Quote

They are
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 4:35:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You wouldn't run the wires under the tiles as they produce static electricity and it would be a pain to run or maintain.  Data centers run the wires above the servers.  It is obviously an equipment room but I don't see anything that indicates a commercial level data center.  Also you wouldn't have the gun lockers located in the entry way if the primary use was a secure data center.  Some type of government interrogation facility with servers to monitor whatever activity they are monitoring would be my guess.  

This is what a datacenter would look similar too.  I don't see any signs of anything being removed from the ceiling.  

https://datacenterfrontier.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/google-oklahoma-rows.jpg

View Quote

Those are probably cellphone lockers. I worked on a secure compound for secret squirrel stuff and those were on the wall outside or just inside every single building, just like this.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 4:35:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Pretty cool, whatever it is/was.

Double gate is nice.

Link Posted: 7/28/2021 4:36:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Sorry, most GD participants don't know what blood tastes like
View Quote

i know what my blood tastes like.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 4:36:27 PM EDT
[#27]
my guess is server farm for something critical. drug lab is a possibility but i dont know why they'd need a backup genny.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 4:41:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

https://datacenterfrontier.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/google-oklahoma-rows.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There aren't enough line drops, cooling, or fire suppression in the main room to be a server farm but they clearly had some type electronic equipment in there.

Back in the day, some places absolutely ran cables under the floors as I've spent many a day trying to figure out the rat's nest of cables.  

Thankfully some people have learned from mistakes and now for the most part, they run them like the picture you showed.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 4:43:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Are those regular sprinkler lines?  Wouldn't a server farm or data center use something other than plain water?

And what's the cage for?

Link Posted: 7/28/2021 4:46:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Things that stand out to me when speculating about prior use as a government facility.

1.) There are no Kaba X09 locks or wholes from their removal.

2.) The pictures don't show door sweeps for sound reduction under the doors.

3.) The construction is overtly utilitarian.

If it was a black site it would probably have waivers from the first two criteria and have a much more normal look. So it's probably not a black site and wasn't used to deal with SAP or SCI material.
View Quote

Last time I checked X09s are like 10 grand there's no way they're leaving those behind
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 4:53:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Are those regular sprinkler lines?  Wouldn't a server farm or data center use something other than plain water?

https://photos.zillowstatic.com/fp/d1036c741eb59cbc5ee4b0c57eb0fba8-uncropped_scaled_within_1536_1152.webp

And what's the cage for?

https://photos.zillowstatic.com/fp/7a5a981f2cc15e887b74568061aaf7af-uncropped_scaled_within_1536_1152.webp
View Quote

Most use some type of gas now, but they do have regular sprinkler lines that aren't filled (at least in the data centers I've been in).

Cage may have been for a battery backup to give time for the 250KW generator to come online.  The battery room is usually another room totally and I didn't see anything in the pic slides that I would say is a battery room.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 4:54:01 PM EDT
[#32]
The cages at the front were probably for cell phones and cameras as you can see those are prohibited from the picture on the door leading out of that area.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 4:59:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Things that stand out to me when speculating about prior use as a government facility.

If it was a black site it would probably have waivers from the first two criteria and have a much more normal look. So it's probably not a black site and wasn't used to deal with SAP or SCI material.
View Quote

Ding ding.

External hinges on the main door as well.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 4:59:39 PM EDT
[#34]
We all paid for that, literally.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 5:04:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Last time I checked X09s are like 10 grand there's no way they're leaving those behind
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The doors aren't drilled for FF-L-2740s.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 5:06:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
X09's are about $1200. They get left behind sometimes, especially since the X09 is obsolete and all new installations use X10's.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 5:06:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Could have been a telecom building that they blended into the neighborhood.

Of course, that probably means the NSA was in there, not the CIA.

ETA, I didn't catch the 6" plexiglass with a firing hole on my first look, so who the hell knows.
View Quote

Kind of a big hole if you're trying to not get shot in the face.

I would expect a solid pane with an intercom.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 5:08:06 PM EDT
[#38]
My brother-in-law, who works in telecom, says it was an AT&T LSO (local switching office).
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 5:10:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

maybe, that's a serious freaking door....double panel metal with a solid core.

no way in hell that's AT&T spec...it screams govt

With a single weak knob, no deadbolt or other locking mechanism

lol...there is no one in the world breaking through that knob with out serious equipment.

Not to mention the people on the other side of the door and next door, it's not like it would have been left unattended. Probably covered with cameras as well.

Rookies. No floor drain.

Link Posted: 7/28/2021 5:10:15 PM EDT
[#40]
#1 if it was a server farm or an att site, why are there no anchor holes for threaded rod in the floor tiles for cabinets unless the tiles were replaced. We always anchored cabinets unless it was a r&d lab.

#2 most att sites in that area had halon fire suppression systems. They didn’t use water sprinkler fire suppression as I know. If the fire alarm went off while in the facility, you unassed the AO immediately.

I worked Telecom for Nortel, Ericsson and even worked R&D for Ericsson over 15 years. Most always at ATT properties. Some collocates. Never saw anything like this house exterior. Definitely interesting.

Link Posted: 7/28/2021 5:10:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Ding ding.

View Quote
I've used external hinges quite a bit, they're just pinned and/or welded.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 5:10:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

A complete neophyte might actually think you know what you're talking about.

Allow me to disabuse them of that notion.  

That's a pretty standard AT&T data/switching rack room from the time just after they quit building absolutely everything with overpressure ratings.  Zillow claims it was built in 2000, that'd be about right.  The storage racks would stock supplies for the crews that drove the bucket trucks that parked behind that wall every night and could respond to the unmanned sites in close proximity to that one.

By AT&T standards this is a fairly unimpressive facility with the bare minimum of secret squirrel charm.

Most of us probably live within ten miles of such facilities, many of us live within that distance of far more impressive buildings.  I know I do.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 5:11:24 PM EDT
[#43]
I’m feeling like this may have been used as a Fusion Center.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 5:13:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Looks like a shitty data center to me.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 5:14:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

https://photos.zillowstatic.com/fp/d1036c741eb59cbc5ee4b0c57eb0fba8-uncropped_scaled_within_1536_1152.webp

And what's the cage for?

https://photos.zillowstatic.com/fp/7a5a981f2cc15e887b74568061aaf7af-uncropped_scaled_within_1536_1152.webp
View Quote

That's where the hounds get released from if someone trips the motion detector.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 5:17:09 PM EDT
[#46]
And that, boys and girls, is where Slow Joe's extra votes came from.

Link Posted: 7/28/2021 5:18:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ding ding.

It's doable, but no reason to spec an outswing door for the use case these folks are dreaming up.  Also not seeing signs of IDS or a SCU.  There does look to be what might be a sensor on the main door but I can't make out enough to guess at a make/model.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 5:19:22 PM EDT
[#48]
I got this figured out now......

As the many posters have concluded, it was an AT&T site......with a huge twist.

This is also the location of the dominion servers, which where used by Democrat operatives (FBI maybe?), working with AT&T....to steal the election.

The storage pallet racks where used to store the fake state/county  ballots as they arrived/were shipped  out as they were needed in the election.

After the work had been completed, and creepy joe w/ the ho were safely in power....they disbanded the site, and now are just going to dump it onto the market.

They figure whomever buys it, will gut it and create a home or whatever, thus destroying the rest of the evidence that any of it ever happened.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 5:19:43 PM EDT
[#49]
If I was the listing realtor I'd randomly , but conspicuously, hang framed photos of Jason Bourne and Jack Bauer in the hallways and rooms to set the deal.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 5:19:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Treadstone site.  They shut that down though.  No longer needed.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top