Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2021 10:48:20 PM EDT
Before Will Hayden was outed as a really bad person, I saw the zombie episode where Will and Joe Meaux came up with different rifles they would use in the zombie apocalypse.  Will came up with an M-16, but Joe converted a Ruger 10/22 into a bullpup with a stock assembly.  The stock was soon available for sale on their website, and I bought one.  

There's a trigger in the front of the stock, that pushes a bar back against the 10/22 trigger that is hidden inside the stock.  The 10/22 I used already had a Volquartsen trigger installed.  I actually like the way it shoots.  The chained triggers were a lot smoother than you'd think they'd be.

Fast forward to today.  Will Hayden is serving 2 life sentences without parole.  He's a total scumbag, but he didn't design the stock.  There is still the Red Jacket logo on the stock.  What would you all do if you owned the stock?  Would you keep it?  Would you put something over the Red Jacket logo?  Or would you replace the stock all together?

I kind of liked Joe in the series.  It looks like he still has a shop in Baton Rouge.  But it doesn't look like he tried to rebrand the stock without the Red Jacket logo.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 10:52:37 PM EDT
[#1]
What kind of weirdo would want to collect a pedo's gun? Might be collectible. I'd sure want rid of it though.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 10:53:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Is it fun to shoot?
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 10:55:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Joe seemed OK to me and he was obviously the brains behind the operation.  If you like it, just keep it.  File off the Red Jacket logo if it bothers you.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 10:57:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a Red Stick converted Saiga-12 that then went to Tromix for additional upgrades

Sold it to help finance a trip to Oz.

That was ages ago!
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 10:57:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is it fun to shoot?
View Quote

I think it is.  But it's a bitch to clean.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 10:59:09 PM EDT
[#6]
You can still get them.

Red jacket just isn't the guys selling them now.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 11:00:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I think it is.  But it's a bitch to clean.
View Quote

Most bullpup conversions are...

With the exception of the hipoint/HTA stocks. Those actually make field stripping light years easier.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 11:01:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Fucking pics aren't loading. Should I get a new ISP?
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 11:03:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I think it’s design in now sold under someone else

ETA
https://aklysdefense.com/products/zk-22/zk-22-bullpup-stock-kit
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 11:06:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I could not wait to get one of those when they came out! They were being neck-bearded and price gouge for 2+ years. I finally found one at msrp and put my 10/22 in it. Not, was I thrilled!
It was on eBay in less than a week. Looked cool, otherwise not so much.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 11:07:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What kind of weirdo would want to collect a pedo's gun? Might be collectible. I'd sure want rid of it though.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/27/2021 11:07:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 11:11:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Who did the thumbhole stocks back in the 90's?

High Tower makes all kinds of bullpup stocks for the 10/22 and also HiPoint now.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 11:14:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.texasguntalk.com/attachments/sons-of-guns-stephanie-hayden-derp-jpg.119924/

"I can count to guns"
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 11:18:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

It’s an inanimate object. Are you one of those blames the gun when somebody gets shot?
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 11:22:02 PM EDT
[#16]
I have two of them and I enjoy them. But, I am a bullpup aficionado, so perhaps my tastes are skewed.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 11:28:41 PM EDT
[#17]
It’s neither collectible or cursed.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 11:55:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It’s an in animate object. Are you one of those blames the gun when somebody gets shot?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s an in animate object. Are you one of those blames the gun when somebody gets shot?

What in the world of confirmation bias and cancel culture attempt gave you this idea? Holy shit.

I said what kind of weirdo would want to COLLECT a pedo's gun.

I'd sell it if it was worth something, but I don't think it's normal behavior to desire it because it's Red Jacket. If you genuinely want the design, that's different. There are people that go around collecting guns of mass murderers, serial killers, and so on. It is fucking weird. I'm not saying it shouldn't be allowed, but that it is weird.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:05:38 AM EDT
[#19]
History. Hang on to it. Sell on Pawn Stars in the future.....Profit!
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:12:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
History. Hang on to it. Sell on Pawn Stars in the future.....Profit!
View Quote
Brilliant
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:12:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Joe is good people.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:13:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Cursed.

They are all misfits with egos and no talent but how to get paid and act for network show.

You think Will was bad, his peice of shit daughter and shitbag husband are no saint's.

Get rid of that bad juju.

Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:15:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Joe is good people.
View Quote

A few of them are I think.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:16:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I had a Red Stick converted Saiga-12 that then went to Tromix for additional upgrades

That was ages ago!
View Quote

I've got a Red Jacket-converted Saiga-12 as well. I'd agree with the earlier poster that it's neither collectible or cursed.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:18:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

A few of them are I think.
View Quote

Glenn as well.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:18:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Considering that particular firearm was all Joe, I'd have no issue buying it. Not my type of style but I say go for it if you like it. Worst case, fill in the pedo firearms logo  so it isn't visible
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:19:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I've got a Red Jacket-converted Saiga-12 as well. I'd agree with the earlier poster that it's neither collectible or cursed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was ages ago!

I once had a saiga12. Did the conversion myself. Sold it years ago to fund my first AR build
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:57:23 AM EDT
[#28]
If you like it, keep it.  Don't cover anything up.  There's real hystery behind the man.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:58:50 AM EDT
[#29]
I once sold parts to them, and the daughter signed the check that was sent.

I should have kept it.

Link Posted: 7/28/2021 1:02:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If you like it, keep it.  Don't cover anything up.  There's real hystery behind the man.
View Quote

Everyone online hated him before all the stuff came out. Was kind of funny back then. Now, ehh dude was a psychopath for sure.

I say keep it, shoot it, or sell it whatever you wanna do. It's not like the gun represents you just by owning it or shooting it. For me, I wouldn't want it simply because it would feel tainted to me... but that's me, not you.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 1:04:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I have two of them and I enjoy them. But, I am a bullpup aficionado, so perhaps my tastes are skewed.
View Quote

Your taste in avatar is to be commended.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 1:04:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Your taste in avatar is to be commended.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 1:05:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Just shoot it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 1:11:25 AM EDT
[#34]
If it has his name on it I would sell it. If it just has the uninspired red jacket logo I don't know it is a terrible logo design.

I sold my super sniper scopes because people kept asking me about their logo and also WTF SWFA.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 4:01:59 AM EDT
[#35]
A couple years ago I saw a red jacket AR on armslist locally for around a grand. It sold eventually.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 8:14:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It’s an inanimate object. Are you one of those blames the gun when somebody gets shot?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The OP said he likes the way it shoots.  You’re the freakin’ weirdo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top