Page / 6
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:58:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Good point.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:00:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:04:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Other than little kids with character themed packs, most people with packs around here have outdoor or “tactical” style packs, school kids, college and just folks in general.  Not necessarily the ones all covered in molle but not jansport style either.
I use this one quite often, a LLBean Maine warden day pack, it’s held up well over the years.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:09:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

this. anything with MOLLE on it is a dead giveaway of what might be inside.
View Quote

You want the MOLLE on the inside.  I took a jansport blue/grey school bag and had a local shop sew in MOLLE panels.  All the interior pockets are removed and the outside was reinforced with heavier thread.

It's good to go now.

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:14:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
In real life, no one cares.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:15:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Swiss gear. They are pretty tough and you look like any other office worker in America.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:17:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Does anyone still carry their Chicago typewriter in their violin case?

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/brownells-now-offering-chicago-typewriter-tommy-gun-package/
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:18:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I work on a University Campus.  Interact with the University and City PD on a daily basis. In and out of all the buildings including the PD HQ.  No carry on campus. Against the law and against policy on my liberal campus.

In the 20 years I have been working here I have worn a fanny pack and no one has ever batted an eye.  I have to since I have too much arthritis in my hands to get small things in and out of my pockets.  The fanny pack does not bring about any comments from the PD or administration or anyone.  Maybe it would if I looked homeless or thrown away but I wear anything from a suit and tie to kakis and a polo shirt to jeans and a T-shirt depending on the day and what is going on.  Some days it is dress pants and a T-shirt if I started in a suit and then have to go deep into a construction site in the summer.

On packs,  I would say that 1/2 of the back packs being carried by the students are "tactical" looking.    If you want to blend in, look young, make sure the bag looks used and no one will pay you any attention.  Might not work in the big city but would work here.  I stick out because I am am an old fat guy but do not stick out since I do not look threatening.  Want to get attention, look homeless, take pictures of buildings and students, count people passing a particular location, act nutty and PD will be on you rather quickly.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:20:05 PM EDT
[#10]
What's the PC to search me if I have a "tactical bag"?
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:23:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Anyone use a tennis racket bag to carry "stuff" in?

View Quote

i do. i carry a case made to carry three racquets. a 4" thick piece of foam cut out to securely carry the racquet, and balls.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:30:11 PM EDT
[#12]
true story.

Vertx bags are cool and all, but instant red flag for anyone in the know.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:41:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Well Matilda tried the low-key paper bag and still got spotted at the DEA building....
View Quote

9 milli, 9 milli…
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 8:31:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Detroit.

Somebody accidentally gets ahold of one, covered. Mugging, wallet pistol comes out.

Better to come prepared.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Modly, Not trying to be a smartass but why 2-3 pistols?

Detroit.

Somebody accidentally gets ahold of one, covered. Mugging, wallet pistol comes out.

Better to come prepared.

OK, I didn't catch Detroit in your first post but that makes perfect sense to me now. I'd probably be carrying everything I could and still be able to walk upright.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 9:18:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I don't know, I had the assistance of a dozen young Polish and Lithuanian ladies in buying clothes.  I think it's more a matter of carriage and mannerisms.  Never been much of an actor and I wasn't doing much more than trying not to be obvious.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You were in locally sourced attire but probably trying too hard.  Just because you bought it there doesn’t mean that’s what the average local wears.

I don't know, I had the assistance of a dozen young Polish and Lithuanian ladies in buying clothes.  I think it's more a matter of carriage and mannerisms.  Never been much of an actor and I wasn't doing much more than trying not to be obvious.

That’s kind of my point. Not meaning anything disparaging by it. It’s hard to dress AND act like the locals.

I can put on my most average, well-used country boy gear and the real ones see me coming a mile away.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 9:20:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Becky, don't do it, we both know Jane is an ignorant sloot and shops at Marshals.

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

O
M
G

Where’d you get that?  And matching shoes you say?

Giiirl, I’m gonna need the name of your fashion consultant!!

Becky, don't do it, we both know Jane is an ignorant sloot and shops at Marshals.

Kharn

Lol
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 9:21:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 9:23:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

hell gay and i would still think you have a gun in it this isn't the 80s
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have this exact Coach one:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/252849/m_5fb0772160fdedd648cf50bc_jpg-1943222.JPG

Its the ultimate low-key bag, fits my P320 and still has room for a surprising amount of other stuff. Add some cargo shorts or khakis, a polo, and some New Balance kicks and nobody suspects a thing.

hell gay and i would still think you have a gun in it this isn't the 80s

Well... uh.. that's kind of part of the ensemble.

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 9:25:55 PM EDT
[#19]
NOVA. lol. Every other person is a fed w a gun. That's who's got all those bags.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 9:41:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Works for me and you'd be surprised what I can carry.

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 9:55:43 PM EDT
[#21]
I swear Tactical Timmy types here just look for shit to get worked-up about.

Link Posted: 5/16/2021 12:41:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That’s kind of my point. Not meaning anything disparaging by it. It’s hard to dress AND act like the locals.

I can put on my most average, well-used country boy gear and the real ones see me coming a mile away.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You were in locally sourced attire but probably trying too hard.  Just because you bought it there doesn’t mean that’s what the average local wears.

It ranges from virtually impossible to no way possible to pass for a local.

Speaking a foreign language imperceptibly from a native is the thing of movies.

Don’t stick out like obvious American .mil abroad.
Don’t stick out like obvious American .gov abroad.
Don’t stick out like obvious American period abroad.

Apply these principles to what is coming.

People are getting fired, relieved of command, cancelled, etc. over saying shit like “87 genders is nonsense” , “pouring resources into finding assault force SOF women is like looking through  5’11” middle aged white guys for NBA power forwards” , or “it’s easy to not get killed by the police when you get pulled over and don’t have warrants and whip out a prohibited to you gun”.

You think strolling around in your Molon Labe Multicam cap with Arcteryx operator jacket, don’t tread on me Tshirt, with a molle Tac bag, 5.11 pants, 550 cord bracelet, hockey puck military watch, Oakley ballistic sunglasses, and tactical sneaker booties is the way to go when sheriffs are firing deputies for supporting 2A, police chiefs are hinting at wanting a federalize police force, solid cops are hanging up the gun belt, woke malcontents are being rounded up and ushered through academies, people defending theirselves and their property and getting the book thrown at them by the DA, leftist and thug rioters , looters, arsonists, vandals, and trespassers are getting a free pass, and solid citizen protestors that trespassed only are getting hunted down and the book thrown at them.  With reg flag laws on the books.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 1:24:24 AM EDT
[#23]
In all seriousness, the North Face Overhaul 40 is perfect. Great build quality and comfortable to wear.  It's a bit big but if we are going for folder or sbr concealment it's great. Fits an MP5 in the laptop sleeve and an LBX plate carrier in the main compartment along with other general supplies.

This is an old version of you can still find it. The new version is not quite so plain looking.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 1:43:09 AM EDT
[#24]
My blue force gear bag looks like a jansport some college fag would wear.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 1:49:21 AM EDT
[#25]
When I lived in NOVA and took the train into DC for work everybody and their brother and sister had a tactical bag of some kind or another. It was pretty common.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 1:53:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/16/2021 2:15:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Hey man, they's just tryin' ta keep it real.

If your bag don't have any least one mile of PALS on it, you ain't shit fool!
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 2:31:53 AM EDT
[#28]
These fit an MP5, or an MP5k with a short can well, unfortunately they don't make them anymore.

Link Posted: 5/16/2021 2:43:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
What's the PC to search me if I have a "tactical bag"?
View Quote

PC ?

lol

Link Posted: 5/16/2021 2:53:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 3:17:06 AM EDT
[#31]
if i carry concealed it is not in a purse
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 3:22:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Lots of closet meat gazers in this thread.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 3:33:21 AM EDT
[#33]
This is almost as hilarious as the cryptocurrency tax thread.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 3:37:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Do you even fanny pack and Jansport bro?
View Quote

Any time I see anybody wearing a fanny pack, I automatically assume there's a gun in it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 6:41:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 7:03:12 AM EDT
[#36]
If true, I can't think of a better thing to be carrying in a jurisdiction where you can't carry a firearm.

Fool everyone.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 7:46:46 AM EDT
[#37]
OP assumes the majority of people (including LE) are observant and situationally aware; they're not.  Being profiled is less about the bag you where and more about you freaking out and thinking everyone is going to see you printing or carrying a tactical bag.  

I've CCW'd where I shouldn't have more times than I should have, but as long as there are no metal detectors.  I avoiding carrying off-body, but when I travel and stay in hotels, I like to have something to discreetly carry them in:

Nobody notices except the tactical Timmy's who think they're tactically observant...

ROCK6

Link Posted: 5/16/2021 7:51:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 7:52:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I bring my RTIC soft lunch cooler to work, company handed them out at Christmas one year.  Contents are not exclusively lunch related.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/172926/download__4__jpeg-1943228.JPG
View Quote
This is the first suggestion in this thread not steeped in delusion.

Link Posted: 5/16/2021 7:53:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/16/2021 7:55:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 7:56:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
You can fit a scorpion evo with factory folding stocks in most book bags. Really easily.

Looks like you're carrying your MacBook and a textbook or two.
View Quote
Mine's in a Ridgid tool case.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 8:04:57 AM EDT
[#43]
myob
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 8:10:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The fanny pack holsters don’t fool anyone in the know either.
View Quote

For like 20 years. They just scream "I'm CCWing"
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 8:10:50 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 8:17:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Good for you, politics in my area have changed.  Hope you don’t ever have to experience it.
View Quote

I'm too lazy to do my own research - has the carry law been challenged in court?  Seems to me that preventing carry in parts of the building not leased by the .gov would infringe on the rights of the other leasee's.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 8:18:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Anyone use a tennis racket bag to carry "stuff" in?

View Quote

Yes. And a baseball bat bag too.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 8:21:10 AM EDT
[#48]
My covert tactical bag is my gym bag...  It has pistol, mags, shoes, weight belt, a change of clothes, wrist wraps, knee and elbow sleeves, along with lifting straps in it.  I'm fairly certain it is way more covert than any tactical bag, lol.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 8:24:28 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
A cheap guitar case with a Coexist sticker blends in anywhere.
View Quote

This one?:

Link Posted: 5/16/2021 8:53:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

This...

You all live in a world where situational awareness is only present in like .0001% of the population.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top