Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 3:51:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
You and I. And @DK-prof, @Paul, and @WhiskersTheCat. How about we stop being weak?  

Did you workout today? yes

When is the last time you went to the gym? today

Done any boxing or ground fighting lately? no

Or how about more generally, when is the last time you intentionally did something that would make you horrifically uncomfortable in a manner meant to improve your tolerance for discomfort? last week

When is the last time you went to the range? february

Last time you read a book on history, warfare, philosophy, mathematics, economics, or the hard sciences? every day

Taken first aid or other medical training? no

Pulse checked whatever faith and principles you let guide you? most days

We have to be better. You and I, and those in our circles. Find training, find discipline, reach for excellence. We need this. You need this. Let's help each other.

Sign up for the @RustedAce event known as Cola Warrior. Or your local run and gun. Or med training. Find what will motivate you, and get fit- mentally and physically.

Soon.
View Quote

I have a long way to go and a lot of things to learn
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 4:05:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That’s high praise, sir. What you don’t know is that you were motivating all of us.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

These guys motivated me to make some significant changes in my life.

In the past year I have quit drinking and eating garbage, lost 35 lbs, gotten back in the best shape I have been in in 10 years, and found the motivation to leave a job I should have left years ago. I'm starting a career that I've always dreamed about but always been too much of a coward to actually go for. I'm running a minimum of 20 miles a week, and doing 200 push-ups a day, in addition to 2-3 days at the gym. I'm reading a book a week at a 2:1 ratio non-fiction/fiction. I set some lofty financial goals a year ago, and have significantly surpassed them. Most importantly, I got my kids out of public school and got them into a good private school that reflects my family's values.

All of this pales in comparison to the accomplishments and progress of the guys Vaquero mentioned. They are crushing it, motivating me, and restoring my faith in my peers.

Just got in from a 6 mile run at a sub 7 min/mile pace.

If I can do it, anyone can. This is the way.

That’s high praise, sir. What you don’t know is that you were motivating all of us.

Let's be honest....it's the shorts, isn't it?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 5:34:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Is this better?

Attachment Attached File

51lb dry weight ruck

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 5:43:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 5:45:23 PM EDT
[#5]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In the past year I have quit drinking and eating garbage, lost 35 lbs, gotten back in the best shape I have been in in 10 years, and found the motivation to leave a job I should have left years ago. I'm starting a career that I've always dreamed about but always been too much of a coward to actually go for. I'm running a minimum of 20 miles a week, and doing 200 push-ups a day, in addition to 2-3 days at the gym. I'm reading a book a week at a 2:1 ratio non-fiction/fiction. I set some lofty financial goals a year ago, and have significantly surpassed them. Most importantly, I got my kids out of public school and got them into a good private school that reflects my family's values.

All of this pales in comparison to the accomplishments and progress of the guys Vaquero mentioned. They are crushing it, motivating me, and restoring my faith in my peers.

Let's be honest....it's the shorts, isn't it?
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/270037/FB_IMG_1620590565303_jpg-1935934.JPG

Ranger panties FTW!
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 5:46:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

4mph with 50lbs is strong
View All Quotes

I probably would have been over that, but the wife was along for the first 4.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 5:47:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Spent today cleaning the house and doing laundry for the wife for Mother's Day while she and the daughter went shopping all day.

Of course, I was wearing my PC and dryfiring at everything around the house, so that counts, right?
View Quote

Yes....Yes it does.....

1. how many did u find?
2. How many did you kill?
3. Was it "Shiny?"

Link Posted: 5/9/2021 6:07:41 PM EDT
[#8]
A couple of years ago I heard the little voice say "okay, now work on yourself". Around that moment I had consolidated guns and gear and have pretty much lost interest in buying more.

Started getting much more interested in getting myself into better shape. Bought a bike, started taking walks/jogs every night or two. Over the last 5-6 months I've been going to the gym usually at least 5 nights a week (the most I've missed is 4 nights, missing more than 2 is rare).

Went tonight too. I'm down about 20-25lbs since starting the gym regularly and looking to lost another 10-15 which will put me back in the 170s. I look and feel much better, if this thread is still going on when I get home I'll try to find before pics.

Thinking about competing in a Tactical Games skirmish when I'm back.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 6:39:54 PM EDT
[#9]
My body is shot so running, weight training and physical fighting courses are not going to happen for me. I walk a few times a week and "ruck" to the grocery store and back. I need to walk more.
I need to take some shooting classes, not gonna happen here in Chiraq unless I step out into the street. Defensive pistol and rifle, and DMR (not fast enough anymore to do anything quicker or closer, I could still be useful with a scoped rifle); my only firearm training is basic training and yearly quals.
I should look up medical courses; I don't know if there's any currently here.
I need to buy a truck, GTFO of here and finish my guns up. That alone will do wonders for my soul.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 7:18:36 PM EDT
[#10]
This is the kinda shit we need to talk about.

I participate in the different war.

I run the local monthly run and gun.

I organize local med training.

I workout 3+ times a week.

The only thing I want is more people to participate

Link Posted: 5/9/2021 7:24:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hardest thing mentioned in this thread so far.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 7:33:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yes....Yes it does.....

1. how many did u find?
3. Was it "Shiny?"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Spent today cleaning the house and doing laundry for the wife for Mother's Day while she and the daughter went shopping all day.

Of course, I was wearing my PC and dryfiring at everything around the house, so that counts, right?

Yes....Yes it does.....

1. how many did u find?
3. Was it "Shiny?"

I found them all
I killed them all, but I did notice a little too much dot movement when the trigger broke
I was a bad guy
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 7:38:23 PM EDT
[#13]

AWESOME!

I tore my hip flexor last fall and just kept trying to work through it all winter still hiking with weight and not getting any attention to it.

That was a mistake.  Still not healed so getting it attended to, but it has put hiking with weight on a hold as well as most other exercies.  Hope to be back up and "running" (not reallly, just fast walking, sprinting is how I tore it)....in about another month.

U rock dude.

Looking forward to meeting you eventually.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 7:40:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I found them all
I killed them all, but I did notice a little too much dot movement when the trigger broke
I was a bad guy
View Quote

Its awesome what you can do in the house with no one else home!  
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 7:43:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This is the kinda shit we need to talk about.

I participate in the different war.

I run the local monthly run and gun.

I organize local med training.

I workout 3+ times a week.

View Quote

The individualism people seek through governance is the individualism you can attain by being an individual.

Everything wrong with society is your fault. Everything right with society is your victory.

A freedom oriented society requires educated strong pensive men. It also requires strong women.

If you do not have these things yourself it is understandable. But to not work towards these goals is foolish.

Link Posted: 5/9/2021 7:43:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 7:45:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 7:48:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 7:51:30 PM EDT
[#19]

People may be fat but they can get fit

People may be weak but they can become strong.

People may be physically broken, but they can still learn.

Shitting on people for trying to better themselves is absolute trash tier communist bullshit. Every man deserves to better themselves, and by bettering themselves in any way feasible they make society and our country better.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 7:53:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

AWESOME!

I tore my hip flexor last fall and just kept trying to work through it all winter still hiking with weight and not getting any attention to it.

That was a mistake.  Still not healed so getting it attended to, but it has put hiking with weight on a hold as well as most other exercies.  Hope to be back up and "running" (not reallly, just fast walking, sprinting is how I tore it)....in about another month.

U rock dude.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

AWESOME!

U rock dude.

Injuries suck

Hopefully you get it taken care of so you can get back at it!
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 7:54:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I found them all
I was a bad guy

Well, the boy was here, but he stays in his room most of the time.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 7:54:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Shitting on people for trying to better themselves is absolute trash tier communist bullshit. Every man deserves to better themselves, and by bettering themselves in any way feasible they make society and our country better.
View Quote

Yes sir, I believe everything you wrote.
Just a joke, directed at myself too.
I need to get in better shape.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 7:57:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

May God be with you
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 7:57:16 PM EDT
[#24]
I really like this thread.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 7:57:58 PM EDT
[#25]
I quit smoking March 10th after puffing away for 35+ years.

Baby steps.

Link Posted: 5/9/2021 8:00:53 PM EDT
[#26]
just ate a salad for dinner and an avocado. im trying to stop dipping that count?
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 8:02:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Baby steps.

View Quote

Only we who know, know, good on ya brother. You will have moments of weakness.

Don’t beat yourself up, just keep on keeping on.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 8:09:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Baby steps.

View Quote

Hell yeah!
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 8:39:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Fuckers.

Woke up at 230am and joined planet fitness. I am shamed.

But i sold my well stocked home gym stuff before i moved. Only been doing airsquats, push ups,  and pullups in the park here for a couple months.  

Purple fitness machines are now my reality.

Just squatted in a smith machine and i feel gross.

Link Posted: 5/9/2021 8:44:22 PM EDT
[#30]
I lift and do cardio 5x a week and coach my son’s wrestling team. My wife also works out five days a week. We’re doing OK.

Now, shooting on the other hand...I need to practice that a bit more frequently.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 8:46:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Good post, OP.

Also, folks need to extend that discipline to finances.  Every dollar is a vote.  Look at what you buy.  Look at the companies you invest in.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 8:47:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Good thread.

I'm not a gym type of guy but I used a chainsaw, carried & stacked wood yesterday.
Taught a 7 yo how to fish. And shot revolvers with my 23 yo niece.

I'm walking more with my wife. We're going to take the 2 meter ham test this summer.

I'm probably you guys dad's age, but I'm tryin' real hard Ringo not to be the weak.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 8:51:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 8:54:07 PM EDT
[#34]
I like this thread....
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 9:00:27 PM EDT
[#35]
I know I’m just making excuses, but working six days a week and standing all day wears a guy out.

I want to be better. I’m hoping the local hiking trail in Dearborn opens again soon. I could use the fresh air.

I sucked bad at Cola SE. I need to suck way less.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 9:02:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Worked.
530 am to 430 pm

Will cover some miles turkey hunting tomorrow though.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 9:08:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I know I’m just making excuses, but working six days a week and standing all day wears a guy out.

I want to be better. I’m hoping the local hiking trail in Dearborn opens again soon. I could use the fresh air.

I sucked bad at Cola SE. I need to suck way less.
View Quote

Any way that you make yourself better is a net gain to society.

You do not have to be an Olympic athlete and a scholar at once.

Admiration of those that are is certainly warranted. If you want to make yourself feel like shit read astronaut bios.

If you want to make yourself better, simply improve yourself.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 9:26:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm also the one each crotchety old vet for the local Boy Scout troop.  You can't keep up with me?  Come on so and so!

also host "mylar bagging parties" because logistics win wars, not tactics.

I also maintain a good bit of social media related to this stuff.  I have recently taken a big hit by moving it off of sites that hate us, and am working to build it back up.

EVERYCITIZENASOLDIER Rumble

EVERYCITIZENASOLDIER BitChute

Link Posted: 5/9/2021 9:29:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Admiration of those that are is certainly warranted. If you want to make yourself feel like shit read astronaut bios.

View Quote

Luckily for me,  I’ve had too many concussions to be an astronaut.

I need to get on top of things for me though, because soon enough I’ll be traveling for work again doing 60+ hour weeks staying in hotels. That’s not good for anyone.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 10:45:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I need to get on top of things for me though, because soon enough I’ll be traveling for work again doing 60+ hour weeks staying in hotels. That’s not good for anyone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Improving yourself doesn't mean you're the pinnacle of human achievement, although we should all strive for that.

We cannot have a good society with worthless people. And I'm not calling other guys who are reading this worthless. Make yourself better. Are you broken physically? Cool. Learn stuff. Learning stuff doesn't care if you're fat.

Are you fat but able? Then don't be fat.

Every single person can get better. Get better.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 11:06:28 PM EDT
[#41]
My fat ass ran 8.4 miles yesterday.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 7:37:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Maybe a bump will get a few more moving!

Link Posted: 5/10/2021 8:14:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Maybe a bump will get a few more moving!

View Quote

Just finished my first workout, wasn't as sad and pathetic as I thought it would be.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 8:54:48 AM EDT
[#44]
I need to update this:

Link Posted: 5/10/2021 10:00:03 AM EDT
[#45]
This thread is proof that we are not defeated as men, as warriors, as fathers, as husbands, as people.

Got up at 0445 to get to the 0600 BJJ class.

It’s a campaign.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 11:21:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Bro, do a set of pullups on your way out the door to work then.
View Quote

What's the percent of arfcomers that can do an honest legit pull-up?
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 11:25:13 AM EDT
[#47]
Put a rough zero on my new laser for my LaRue last night.  Not sniper worthy, but will be minute of person within 40 yards.

Went to the gym this am and then took the dogs for a 3 mile walk.

I'll hit 50 in 2 months and wish I'd started working this hard 20 years ago.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 1:07:40 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

Well I don't know how much they motivated me on that hike, but they did make me question a lot of things.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 1:16:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Both of you and Vaquero have been a great motivation.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 1:28:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top