Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 603
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 2:21:13 PM EDT
[#1]
BTW, since that was brought up, and I am assuming you are asking in relation to the Chiefs.

Talking heads on ESPN radio this morning mentioned that the Chiefs were looking at having Thuney play LT (I am assuming if they fail to draft a decent prospect). NOT Kyle Long.

AS I MENTIONED YESTERDAY.

Link Posted: 3/18/2021 2:21:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Might be a lot more than a while. This could easily become career ending. Ray Rice never saw a jail cell for a day but the guy had his career ended with a couple second video tape. I don't see how any team can start Watson if found to be held civilly liable on SIX sexual assault cases. Gonna have to wait and see what all comes to light.
God King Clown Shoes don't care bout no evidence. It's about what's best for the shield and the wallet. Watson could end up on the exempt list before any of these cases even see a court room.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If he isn't cleared of all this I don't see how he plays this year.  Not in this environment.  He will need to go away for a while.
Might be a lot more than a while. This could easily become career ending. Ray Rice never saw a jail cell for a day but the guy had his career ended with a couple second video tape. I don't see how any team can start Watson if found to be held civilly liable on SIX sexual assault cases. Gonna have to wait and see what all comes to light.
Quoted:

Yeah... depending upon how much evidence there is, he could end up on the commissioner's exempt list before the season starts.
God King Clown Shoes don't care bout no evidence. It's about what's best for the shield and the wallet. Watson could end up on the exempt list before any of these cases even see a court room.

Haha, exactly.  Whenever someone talks about the god king and "evidence" I always think of that "leads" scene from The Big Lebowski.

Link Posted: 3/18/2021 2:29:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Teams are reportedly not interested in trading for Eagles TE Zach Ertz. There are teams with interest in Ertz but are willing to just wait for the Eagles to release him (which will happen eventually). Buffalo is a contender for final landing spot.

All according to the talking heads.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 2:36:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Teams are reportedly not interested in trading for Eagles TE Zach Ertz. There are teams with interest in Ertz but are willing to just wait for the Eagles to release him (which will happen eventually). Buffalo is a contender for final landing spot.

All according to the talking heads.
View Quote

Eagles don't seem to be very good at managing trades.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 2:38:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 2:41:36 PM EDT
[#6]
So where does this leave Watson in 2021 assuming he is not suspended when week 1 starts and this doesn't blow over?

I could understand maybe sitting out if the Texans didn't want to trade him AND plenty of teams wanted him, but what if no one wants to trade for him (or at least not offer anything decent for him)?  Is he still going to sit out?  What would be the point? If anything, sitting out long term would probably HELP the Texans.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 2:42:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Welcome to "Who Wants to be a Texan Anyways". The team where the moves are made up and the results don't matter.

Link Posted: 3/18/2021 2:43:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/18/2021 2:45:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So where does this leave Watson in 2021 assuming he is not suspended when week 1 starts and this doesn't blow over?

I could understand maybe sitting out if the Texans didn't want to trade him AND plenty of teams wanted him, but what if no one wants to trade for him (or at least not offer anything decent for him)?  Is he still going to sit out?  What would be the point? If anything, sitting out long term would probably HELP the Texans.
View Quote
Sitting out might not be economically feasible if he is going to have to pay these ladies.

He would have been able to sit out because he has the signing bonus money to use to pay back fines and the pro-rated signing bonus recoup.

Then if you consider the huge chunk of the bonus his agent would have taken, all his posse, his expenses, etc... Dude could end up filing for bankruptcy if he doesn't play again and owes money back to the Texans.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 2:46:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Big one! Waiting on numbers now.

Link Posted: 3/18/2021 2:47:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EwyFgj_W8AIy7Ep?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote
Kleiman is having fun with it:

Link Posted: 3/18/2021 2:52:00 PM EDT
[#12]

That better be a BIG portion of incentives. Because god damn.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 2:52:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Kleiman is having fun with it:

View Quote

Really bizarre move, but it's the Raiders what were we expecting?
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 2:54:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Joker?  He had not coached in the NFL for a decade and he somehow got a team to give him a $100M/10 year FULLY GUARANTEED deal.  Now he can just phone it in knowing regardless of what happens he gets paid regardless.

Imagine if a company you had no stake in hired you and then fully guaranteed your salary for a decade. If the money was enough to retire on what motivation would there be to work hard or even average?  Hell, if anything, there would be motivation to try and get fired that way you could retire early and still get paid.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 2:57:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Go GIANTS!

Chris
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 2:58:19 PM EDT
[#16]

Bills have a new backup QB.

Trubisky in, Barkley out.

Link Posted: 3/18/2021 3:07:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 3:24:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 3:27:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

And in the case of suit #3, literally.
View Quote

LOL no kidding. Even if most allegations turn out to be false its a bad look all the way around. Lawyers timed it perfect me thinks...
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 3:27:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
BTW, since that was brought up, and I am assuming you are asking in relation to the Chiefs.

Talking heads on ESPN radio this morning mentioned that the Chiefs were looking at having Thuney play LT (I am assuming if they fail to draft a decent prospect). NOT Kyle Long.

https://media.tenor.com/images/4176a4464565a6b74562279129f0c113/tenor.gif
View Quote

Isn't he a bit light to play LT?
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 3:29:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Bills have a new backup QB.

Trubisky in, Barkley out.

View Quote

So relegated to back up...oh well.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 3:29:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Craig Carton is reporting that DirecTV Sunday Ticket package is dead. Will be moving to ESPN+ on new TV deal. Thursday Night Football will be moving exclusively to Amazon Prime, won't be on TV at all.

Says it is an ELEVEN year deal, with opt outs in 2030 (7 years, current deal expired in 2023).

Amazon deal alone is in the neighborhood of a billion dollars (TNF).
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 3:30:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Craig Carton is reporting that DirecTV Sunday Ticket package is dead. Will be moving to ESPN+ on new TV deal. Thursday Night Football will be moving exclusively to Amazon Prime, won't be on TV at all.

Says it is an ELEVEN year deal, with opt outs in 2030 (7 years, current deal expired in 2023).

View Quote

I have Prime...yey! Must have thrown a LOT of money at the NFL...wow
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 3:30:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Listed at 308. Puts him heavier than David Bakhtiari, less than 20 pounds lighter than Trent Williams.

Edit: Of course you know how it goes with some of those "listed" weights. *Cough Cough* Vince Wilfork.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 3:36:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

But why?
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 3:39:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Listed at 308. Puts him heavier than David Bakhtiari, less than 20 pounds lighter than Trent Williams.

Edit: Of course you know how it goes with some of those "listed" weights. *Cough Cough* Vince Wilfork.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's crazy to think a guy listed as 308 pounds might be thought of as "a bit light" to play LT considering where the game use to be.

Jerry Jones started at guard at Arkansas in the 60's and his listed playing weight was... 182 pounds.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 3:40:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 3:42:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:

It's crazy to think a guy listed as 308 pounds might be thought of as "a bit light" to play LT considering where the game use to be.

Jerry Jones started at guard at Arkansas in the 60's and his listed playing weight was... 182 pounds.
View Quote

I was looking at the Google result that said 287.

308 is more respectable.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 3:49:58 PM EDT
[#29]
I love that Vince Wilfork played in college somewhere around 350 lbs. Then he played in New England for YEARS listed at 325, while obviously MUCH larger than he was in college. Was still listed at 325 when he retired with the Texans.

This is not 325.
#76 on the right is Alex Boone, listed at 330.
#78 on the left is Jeremiah Sirles, listed at 315.

He looks like he could eat both of them.

Link Posted: 3/18/2021 3:51:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Holy hell Deshaun!

Edit: He's done for. Dude is going to be like Vince Young. Broke and suicidal. What a waste.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 3:57:09 PM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 3/18/2021 4:03:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 4:06:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
There it is. Was waiting on them to sign a WR. Not my favorite one in FA but for a one year deal it's okay. They'll almost surely take a WR in the 1st round and a couple more later on.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 4:14:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Holy hell Deshaun!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EwyQINrUYAA9GDN?format=jpg&name=small

Edit: He's done for. Dude is going to be like Vince Young. Broke and suicidal. What a waste.
View Quote

I'm not saying they are or aren't telling the truth, but calling all of these women "brave" is a pretty big stretch, IMO.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 4:16:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I'm not saying they are or aren't telling the truth, but calling all of these women "brave" is a pretty big stretch, IMO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Holy hell Deshaun!

If you're running a home masseuse business off Instagram... You're pretty brave.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 4:17:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Add to the new TV deal info I posted above:

Link Posted: 3/18/2021 4:18:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I love that Vince Wilfork played in college somewhere around 350 lbs. Then he played in New England for YEARS listed at 325, while obviously MUCH larger than he was in college. Was still listed at 325 when he retired with the Texans.

This is not 325.
#76 on the right is Alex Boone, listed at 330.
#78 on the left is Jeremiah Sirles, listed at 315.

He looks like he could eat both of them.

https://s.hdnux.com/photos/53/32/24/11380000/3/rawImage.jpg
View Quote

LOL  Vince was a beast in his prime.  I'm assuming that 325 was measured only from the waist up
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 4:23:46 PM EDT
[#38]
I love Fitzpatrick man.

Link Posted: 3/18/2021 4:24:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Holy hell Deshaun!

View Quote

Nick Cesario and David Culley must be drinking at this point.  Where they thought they would choose between either Watson at QB or vast haul of draft picks, maybe now they get neither.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 4:32:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Nick Cesario and David Culley must be drinking at this point.  Where they thought they would choose between either Watson at QB or vast haul of draft picks, maybe now they get neither.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Holy hell Deshaun!

It's that scene in Ace Ventura. The Texans are in the trash can, lit on fire, and Cesario/Culley/Easterby/McNair are all crying in the shower.

Link Posted: 3/18/2021 4:32:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Sitting out might not be economically feasible if he is going to have to pay these ladies.

He would have been able to sit out because he has the signing bonus money to use to pay back fines and the pro-rated signing bonus recoup.

Then if you consider the huge chunk of the bonus his agent would have taken, all his posse, his expenses, etc... Dude could end up filing for bankruptcy if he doesn't play again and owes money back to the Texans.
View Quote

That seems like one way to strong arm a QB who said they will never play another down for your franchise into playing for your franchise again...
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 4:34:25 PM EDT
[#42]
NFL now investigating. Post by the women's attorney.

Lisa M. Friel is a New York City lawyer and prosecutor. She formerly served as chief of the sex crimes unit in the Manhattan District Attorney's office. She became Senior Vice President/Special Counsel for Investigations for the National Football League in April 2015. Her position was created after the Ray Rice incident and she is involved in all the cases involving personal conduct (domestic violence, sexual assault, animal cruelty, blackmail, extortion, racketeering, disorderly conduct, etc).
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 4:36:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

As in, Sunday Ticket will be an ESPN+ package you guy buy on top of ESPN+?

That sounds amazing. I wish LG would fucking hurry up and get the ESPN+ app on their TV's, but other than that...
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 4:37:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That seems like one way to strong arm a QB who said they will never play another down for your franchise into playing for your franchise again...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think this really helps the Texans in any fashion.  If this drags on, and if more evidence keeps emerging and this keeps looks headed to court, I bet Watson is suspended.  

Alternately, even if it goes away, unless it emerges this was a conspiracy, then how much of a trade value does Watson lose?  

New England had to release Antonio Brown for less than what this could become.  

I think there's a real chance that Watson never plays again AND the Texans get nothing.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 4:39:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

That sounds amazing. I wish LG would fucking hurry up and get the ESPN+ app on their TV's, but other than that...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. Fuck DirecTV.  

If I can buy Sunday Ticket through my normal Cable provider or as a channel on Roku  then I'll be ecstatic.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 4:40:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good pickup for NE.

He has flashed some ability but he's also had some injuries. Not a bad guy to roll the dice on, especially with a BB defense.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 4:40:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
NFL now investigating. Post by the women's attorney.

https://i.imgur.com/dP4HWUK.png?1

Lisa M. Friel is a New York City lawyer and prosecutor. She formerly served as chief of the sex crimes unit in the Manhattan District Attorney's office. She became Senior Vice President/Special Counsel for Investigations for the National Football League in April 2015. Her position was created after the Ray Rice incident and she is involved in all the cases involving personal conduct (domestic violence, sexual assault, animal cruelty, blackmail, extortion, racketeering, disorderly conduct, etc).
View Quote

Oh, Deshaun.  Unless this is a concerted plan to smear his name or extort money he's fucked.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 4:42:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I think there's a real chance that Watson never plays again AND the Texans get nothing.
View Quote

Well... The Texans can file to have the $27M signing bonus returned. As the first year of the extension was supposed to be 2021, they should be able to claim 100% of the bonus in return.

The portion that was already counted against the cap in 2020 will then be added to a future year's cap ($5.4M). Same with 2021's bonus amount if it isn't adjusted here in the next couple months.

Hence Watson would eventually end up filing bankruptcy, considering probably 5-10% of that money already went to the agent and can't be recouped from them, and then who knows how much Watson has already pissed away/spent. Edit: And how much he already spent on taxes.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 4:44:41 PM EDT
[#49]

Didn't they sign Malcom Brown (Rams) yesterday? 1/2 combo with those two guys isn't a bad plan.

Edit: Guess not.

Link Posted: 3/18/2021 4:50:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Yes. Fuck DirecTV.  

If I can buy Sunday Ticket through my normal Cable provider or as a channel on Roku  then I'll be ecstatic.
View Quote

This. I want to be able to see all the Patriots and Buccaneers games live.
Page / 603
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top