Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:41:56 AM EDT
[#1]
thats why i drink dr pepper
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:05:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sexual assault and murder should NEVER be eligible for parole.
In fact they should never even sit in prison taking up resources.
Death penalty. And make it quick. Like the day after convicting.
View Quote

This !!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:07:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:08:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:24:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Imagine getting away with murder, only to be caught because you couldn't dispose of your trash properly.
View Quote

That's not why they caught him.  Dude was busted because people related to him sent things in.  

They already knew who it was; nabbing the can was just a formality required for charges.  I'm not aware of an instance where investigators wanted a sample and weren't able to get one, one way or another.

Just about everyone here is already fucked on the DNA front; even if you weren't stupid enough to send it in yourself, one of your 'tarded Karen cousins was.  

This isn't 1995; the technology for gathering DNA has expanded immensely.   They're nabbing people because they touched a rock or some shit - just barehanded, not even bleeding or anything - then the rock was put in an evidence shoebox 30+ years ago.   There are also DNA convictions off spent, ejected brass from people loading mags without gloves on.

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:36:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I remember a futuristic tv shows a few years back,where the bad guys had some kind of DNA bomb they set off at a crime scene. I could see that as a countermeasure someday.

How hard would it be to go to parking lots and collect cigarette butts/chewed bubble gum/etc and have a bag full of other peoples DNA to leave at a crime scene? Throw some reasonable doubt out there anyway.
View Quote

The Town (2010) - Cop Turns The Other Way...

someone else mentioned it already but here is the clip.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:40:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It’s family members having their DNA tested that leads to this though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If guilty, good riddance to him.

The larger picture here though is the DNA collection method.  Don't get your DNA tested by anyone if you want privacy.

Yup
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:43:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Did vanilla Coke exist is 1981?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:45:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Vanilla Coke?

Automatically guilty.  
View Quote

its good with cpt morgan
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:45:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:I was adopted at birth.  So, if they want to use the genealogy thing to arrest me on felony charges of Aggravated Voting for Donald Trump, do they have to unseal adoption paperwork and drag my birth parents into court?  I guess that would be one way to track them down....
View Quote

That would make a good movie plot.  Character commits a crime to find his genealogical parents.  Perhaps needing a transplant or explanation for genetic disease.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:49:44 PM EDT
[#11]
According to wiki, Vanilla Coke wasn't produced on the US until 2002. It was first tested at the Worlds Fair in Knoxville in 1982
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:53:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quick duckduckgo search says Vanilla Coke launched in 2002.
View Quote
I said the same thing. I found another article that was clearer. The crime scene DNA in 1981 was from a rug. The Vanilla Coke can was seized on January 18th of this year.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:03:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:04:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm waiting for the day when the cops kick in my door after my DNA is found at some crime scene.

Not because I actually committed the crime but because my DNA is on file.

We found lots of DNA on these 86 things we tested but no matches, but this 87th thing, an empty can found in the victim's bag, contained your DNA.

$75,000 later I'm a free man and will lock my cans up so the homeless don't steal them in the future.
View Quote

Yeah no lie...imagine getting arrested and jailed because of a snot rocket booger you let loose 20 years ago.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:05:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Kewl.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:05:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Brian Banks would take issue with that
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:18:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

OMG - if that is correct, they not only caught a murderer; they caught a time traveler who committed a murder in 1981 and left behind evidence from no earlier than May 8th, 2002!!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:23:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Your first point is valid but the article doesn’t give shit for details so no idea if the DNA they gathered was jizz or a bloody smear at the window frame.

Your second point is ‘tarded.  A guy in his 60’s looks guilty in his mug shot?  Guessing that’s not much of a glamour shot for most folks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Playing devils advocate here. How do they know he wasn’t just some unlucky guy that she had hooked up with a day or two prior and the can of coke was still in the house from then? Although looking at his mug shot, he definitely looks like the kind a person that would do that.

Your first point is valid but the article doesn’t give shit for details so no idea if the DNA they gathered was jizz or a bloody smear at the window frame.

Your second point is ‘tarded.  A guy in his 60’s looks guilty in his mug shot?  Guessing that’s not much of a glamour shot for most folks.

Wasn’t saying he did it. Just commenting that he looked like a creeper.  But yeah it would depend on what they gathered the dna from for me to convict if I was a juror.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:32:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I don't plan on raping and killing anyone, so I won't lose sleep over this.
View Quote
You aren't conservative?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:56:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
You aren't conservative?
View Quote
I would love to work Cold Cases.

Imagine some poor girl raped and murdered all those years ago, dying alone and in terror and despair.

Then 40 years later you track down the animal that did it. You walk up to him and show him a picture of her.

"Remember her? We never forgot her." Click.

Hopefully her shade rests in peace.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:58:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yeah no lie...imagine getting arrested and jailed because of a snot rocket booger you let loose 20 years ago.
View Quote

You have a habit of blowing snot rockets on the rug at murder scenes?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:00:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Is this the same outfit that found Liz Warren to be engine?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:00:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The larger picture here though is the DNA collection method.  Don't get your DNA tested by anyone if you want privacy.
View Quote

Unless you have enough control over every single member of your blood related family, not taking one yourself is pretty pointless.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:03:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Too late buddy. Have you had a blood draw lately? Labs?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:03:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep. Also, don't get tested for covid.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:04:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:18:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Vanilla Coke?

Automatically guilty.  
View Quote

I like Vanilla Coke. It's too bad they hate my whiteness and I'm unwilling to give them more of my money. I'm glad they caught this guy. I'm a bit worried about how they will use DNA to prosecute crimes in the future that aren't crimes today however.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:42:34 PM EDT
[#28]
I hope they had more evidence than just some lab work and 40 year old DNA.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 7:03:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

While the sentiment is commendable, the actual practice leaves much to be desired. Overzealous prosecutors and cops have led to too many innocent people being imprisoned. What is your opinion on what should happen to cops and prosecutors when someone is wrongly convicted and put to death?
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 7:12:04 AM EDT
[#30]
using DNA from family members whose biological information is already on file,
View Quote

So, “on file” with 23&me etc?

Quoted:

View Quote

Yep. And even when you choose not to participate, your dna can be disseminated by analyzing that of relatives.

In the end I think nothing good will come of these programs, because of their flimsy privacy rules.

The ONLY dna test I’m interested in getting is one for Dog2, and even then I’m not sure it’s worth it.  Not because of privacy, but because I think I already figured it out just from basic observation. (Beagle-lab I think, emphasis on beagle)

And I think that’s the gimmick with these things... it doesn’t really matter what your dna mix is, unless you’re looking for medical issues. It doesn’t actually change who your are to know if you’re part French or German.

Just like the dog. She’ll still be the same dog. It won’t make her smarter or less food orientated. So getting the test doesn’t matter.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 7:25:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't get your DNA tested by anyone if you want privacy.

You should. This sort of warrantless search only gets worse with the passage of time.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 7:32:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Playing devils advocate here. How do they know he wasn’t just some unlucky guy that she had hooked up with a day or two prior and the can of coke was still in the house from then? Although looking at his mug shot, he definitely looks like the kind a person that would do that.
View Quote

I was thinking the same thing. I hope Prosecutors will have more evidence at trial than; we found a Coke can at the crime scene.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 7:51:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Got to cover your mouth if you gonna sneeze at the grocery store.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 9:57:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you ever been to a hotel?
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 10:06:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nice work Perry Mason, you broke the case wide open. No need to actually read the article.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 10:16:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Imagine getting away with murder, only to be caught because you couldn't dispose of your trash properly.
View Quote
We had a guy get caught locally who slit his girlfriends throat in our Arby's 20some years before.

The cops picked cigarette butts out of his trash to catch him.

He was a suspect but they couldn't do anything until the technology caught up.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top