Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 13
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 6:35:10 PM EDT
[#1]
For almost 15 years, a Delica, now a Para 3 in Maxamet.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 6:43:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I’ve had this Endura for about 12 years.  Lately I splurged and bought a 940 Osborne but I still carry this one everyday as I am not afraid to beat the crap out of it.  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 6:44:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got dozens of knives but the only time I carry one is during hunting season. I don't need one in my day to day life when I leave home.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 6:52:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've got dozens of knives but the only time I carry one is during hunting season. I don't need one in my day to day life when I leave home.
View Quote

You never had to cut a piece of rope  to keep your trunk open, tie down something, cut a card board box, cut a child's hair from something, strip wires, turn a screw, scrape paint, rescue someone from a overturned or burning car.

I have done all of those things and hundreds of other tasks, to include  cutting clothing and boots off people to treat injuries.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 6:56:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I wanna know how some of yall keep your EDC stuff so pristine?

Do you just have a giant rotation of stuff?  Do you have a spot for everything where it never interacts with anything else you carry?

Do you buy a new blade for every new day?

Do I need to stop being a poor?
View Quote

it really depends what you do with it. even after a couple thousand boxes or pieces of mail most knives look pretty good. if chopping down trees or using a knife as as a prybar its a different story. then theres maintenance, just a good wash and high grit sanding can make a knife look a lot nicer. i should grab a pic of some of my used stuff. it deserves love too
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 6:56:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wow;) I use my knife everyday for something.  I even carry a little Streamlight flashlight now and can’t believe how much I use it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:01:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Do you just have a giant rotation of stuff?  Do you have a spot for everything where it never interacts with anything else you carry?

View Quote
I can only answer for myself.  But my Esee Izula does any and all the abusive tasks.  Can opener, prybar, trowel, etc.  It's stonewashed and the scrapes and dings don't show much in photographs.  The other "pocket knife" on me is generally not abused and rotated more frequently resulting in little actual wear.  My current edc is pretty much just a ridiculously sharp fidget spinner.

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:09:45 PM EDT
[#8]
High roller hereAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:26:37 PM EDT
[#9]

@freeride21a

both have provided good service. old EDC native, now doubles as a pry bar
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:28:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Spyderco Para2 for over 5 years now
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:29:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Leatherman skeletool cm
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:29:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

https://i.postimg.cc/W4hHfzzm/EDCbeaters.jpg

@freeride21a

View Quote

NICE prybar mod!  
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:30:34 PM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:49:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Carried this everyday for a little over two years now.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:51:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

A lot of minor stuff also doesn't show well in the types of pictures being posted.
My ZT0566 actually has a couple small nicks near the tip and the very tip (~2mm) snapped off and reprofiled.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:04:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:07:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I can only answer for myself.  But my Esee Izula does any and all the abusive tasks.  Can opener, prybar, trowel, etc.  It's stonewashed and the scrapes and dings don't show much in photographs.  The other "pocket knife" on me is generally not abused and rotated more frequently resulting in little actual wear.  My current edc is pretty much just a ridiculously sharp fidget spinner.
https://i.imgur.com/a6Snrsb.jpg

View Quote

I spent a summer learning how to work a butterfly knife. Damn sure dont want to grab the wrong grip.

As far as buying. Seems like these sites are where its at https://www.bladehq.com/  and  https://www.knifecenter.com/

I'm leaning toward Kershaw. Whats the consensus on CIVIVI knives? I'm sure Ill be buying a couple folders and a fixed.

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:11:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Spyderco PM2
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:11:51 PM EDT
[#19]
My favorite EDC knife is my Kershaw Dividend (1812).  Relatively cheap in case I do manage to break or lose it, but easy to sharpen and made in USA. I like the feel of the deep texturing in the fiberglass nylon scales on this one.  I carry it every day during the week, but sometimes I'll swap it for the larger Link (1776) on the weekends.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:16:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Leatherman Wave+
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:18:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Kershaw Blur (non serrated) for the last few years.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:19:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Both of these. The spyderco recently replaced a skyline, but I have carried the Voyager xl for more than 4 years now, never missing a single day.

The CTS BD1 steel of the Voyager is rust resistant as a motherfucker, I never clean or oil it and never a spec of rust. I have rusted 420 in the past.

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:22:22 PM EDT
[#23]
I have a Microtech Combat Troodon that I carry everyday and use occasionally to open things.  I don't really know what qualifies as beat the shit out of.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:23:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Current/mostly flipped over carpet/pretty babied fidget spinner:
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:25:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

https://i.postimg.cc/W4hHfzzm/EDCbeaters.jpg

@freeride21a

View Quote
dat native.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:28:19 PM EDT
[#26]
spyderco dragonfly no clip. non permissive environment w size constraints
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:28:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Used to be a Kershaw blur, my boss advised I start carrying a non assisted open knife, so I bought a spyderco tenacious. My second favorite knife.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 3:05:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yep. They will release a ton a couple times a year, but go OOS quickly. Best to jump on a notification list, and FO as soon as it hits your inbox.

BH or not, the Ultratechs are so great for everyday tasks and carry really small.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That bounty hunter is sexy as hell. Also impossible to find lol. Very nice!

Quoted:

A big batch came out the end of last year. They were plentiful at that time. Several of us picked one up then.

Microtech does batches so you just have to watch for the one you want and FO quickly when they're in stock.

Yep. They will release a ton a couple times a year, but go OOS quickly. Best to jump on a notification list, and FO as soon as it hits your inbox.

BH or not, the Ultratechs are so great for everyday tasks and carry really small.
Thanks for the tip, I'll get on one of the notification lists! Gotta have one, that's a healthy looking blade.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 3:35:21 AM EDT
[#29]
I have a cheap $40 Boker.  I lost every expensive knife that I ever bought, but I've had this boker for years.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 3:39:33 AM EDT
[#30]
I carry two benchmade folders.
One I actually use and one I rarely do to keep it sharp in case I need it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 3:55:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Used to be a Kershaw blur, my boss advised I start carrying a non assisted open knife, so I bought a spyderco tenacious. My second favorite knife.
View Quote

While that's dumb I'd just go to a flipper or a "wave shaped feature" knife.
Oh, you don't like that it has a spring to help it open? How about it opens as I pull it out of my pocket instead.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:12:19 AM EDT
[#32]
These are in my pocket every day.

I switch out one of these for the other pocket except for the top one that is a safe queen. Today I have the doctor death on me.

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:14:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
https://i.ibb.co/2v3rJ7w/neonpocket.jpg

I switch out one of these for the other pocket except for the top one that is a safe queen. Today I have the doctor death on me.

https://i.ibb.co/86Ykpkj/Therussiansarecoming.jpg
View Quote

Five thousand-ish dollars worth Shiros.  Baller.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:24:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Fallbrook Forge fixed blade on belt days.

Attachment Attached File

Direware SOLO on non-belt days.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 6:07:24 PM EDT
[#35]

My god, that Direware is beautiful.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 6:08:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Looks good but I bet its a bitch to sharpen.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 6:15:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From the looks of it, it doesnt need to be sharpened if it stays in its sleeve inside it's case.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 7:19:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

From the looks of it, it doesnt need to be sharpened if it stays in its sleeve inside it's case.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1.  Thank you
2.  Not its case.  Is its sleeve.
3.  I work in an office.  I'm not exactly cutting through jungle overgrowth to get to my desk.  If it makes you feel better, the blade is absolute DEATH to dried Italian sausage, fresh mozzarella, and bread.  None of which should scratch 20CV.
4.  It would be a bitch to sharpen if I sharpened my own knives.  I send them out to be sharpened.  I also do not operate on myself, work with electricity, or weld underwater.  Some things are best just left to professionals.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 7:21:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 7:22:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Monday to Friday this, weekends a PM2.

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 7:49:12 PM EDT
[#41]
If I have clothes on, these 2 are with me: Boker Kalshnikov auto with the Warncliffe blade and a Gerber Change-A-Blade folding razor knife.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 8:40:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
https://i.ibb.co/2v3rJ7w/neonpocket.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/86Ykpkj/Therussiansarecoming.jpg
View Quote

Hahaha! Love it. GD knife threads will always find a way to shit all over the poors.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 8:41:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Benchmade Triage. It's been with me for years.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:01:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Found this comparison of knife steels. Thought you guys would find it educational.

Knife Steel Comparison Chart
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:05:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:07:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Found this comparison of knife steels. Thought you guys would find it educational.

View Quote

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:12:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

For further reading, here's another comparison completed by a metalurgist with cool charts and breakdowns.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:18:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks for the new knife thread OP

Lots of hard used knives here... I like it.

The other thread is full of gucci knives that guys use to cut scrambled eggs and baked potatoes
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:50:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The other thread is full of gucci knives that guys use to cut scrambled eggs and baked potatoes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought I found the one but everyone is out of stock on this thing and I dont think they will make anymore

Look at other knives price that are made out of M390

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/KS1812BLK/kershaw-1812blk-dividend-assisted-flipper-knife-m390-stonewashed-plain-blade-black-aluminum-handles
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:53:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Al Mar 3" combo blade SERE in black.

I'm limited to 3" knives per regulation, and this one does it all and is discrete.

So far so good on sharpness and durability too.

Plus, who doesn't love Al Mar?

Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top