Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 19
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 5:46:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Thread is epic! I fortunately got an opportunity to travel for work so no need to do this. Having been in and driven through every state excluding Hawaii and Oregon, I have covered all of NA.

I highly recommend traveling the US. We have an amazing country and despite our differences most people are overall good people. Good on OP to have the gumption and a wife agrees and making things happen!

That being said, if you haven't made it over to Gettysburg National Park its worth a visit as I believe you are up in the NE right now. Lots of historically significant items to see while you are up there. Good luck and thanks for keeping this thread alive!
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 5:47:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you wander over into TN and want to hang out in the forest and maybe shoot some, I’ve got parking for you (about 45 mile from Asheville)
View Quote

Gracious offer and we may take you up on that.  We are having a sway bar installed at the Ford stealership in Canton on Thursday, so we are kind of lost until then.  

Pulling into this town yesterday, it seems like it's full of liberal mask wearers and homeless people.  We did wander into a park nearby that's kind of nice, so I think we'll stay here until tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 5:48:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It’s definitely worth it if you enjoy history and/or touring castles. Seen plenty of that stuff in Europe. But there’s not much of anything like that in the U.S. that you can actually tour. It’s spectacular.

As for where to park in Asheville… good luck. That place has become an absolute shit-infested, liberal cesspool. Covid only made it worse. I’d try and find somewhere out of town to park if I was you.
View Quote

You are spot on.  We found a park to the East side of the city that we're handing out at.   Too many purple haired inked whales here for sure.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 6:51:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
In Luray, VA tonight and hitting the scenic drive through the mountains tomorrow.  Should be at the Biltmore in two weeks...https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/215800/20211012_102843_jpg-2132718.JPG

Any guesses where this is?
View Quote

Damn, you were just on the other side of the mountain, I would have cooked you all dinner at least!
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 2:26:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Where are you heading now?
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 11:54:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Where are you heading now?
View Quote

High tailed it to Charleston and having out near Murray St.   Great town.Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 3:58:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Just spent about a week in Charleston, mostly in the Battery.  Great time there and frequented a bunch of restaurants for the wife's bday.    So, we parked on Murray street, which is known free parking and a lot of vans park there.   Almost all of them come in around 10 pm after dark and leave first thing in the morning, so they don't block the view during the day or take up parking for people who use the area for exercise.  I mean, 5-10 vans usually show up and are completely gone by daybreak.  

On our last night there, some asshole came and pounded on everyone's windows at 10:30 pm and then again at 5:30 am in the morning.  I guess our time was up there.  I wasn't able to get up and get dressed in time to go confront him, but I probably wouldn't want the possible litigation anyways.  From my 6 cameras' footage, he was an old white guy that likely lived in the area.  First time for that...probably not the last time.    Oh well.  

We ended up heading to some friends that we met in Beufort last time heading down to Florida.  They own property right on the water that doesn't have a house on it, so they're letting us stay.  Right across from Parris Island and the VTOL F35 base.  So much fun watching the F18s and the F35s all day.  

Link Posted: 11/21/2021 4:01:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 4:05:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I spent about 8 hours at Patriot's Point, and only left because they were closing.  Great thing about traveling with the van, the wife setup the hammock in the parking lot and read while I was inside.   Such an awesome museum.  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/21/2021 4:09:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 4:40:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the update.
I'm glad that things are going well.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 8:56:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Thanks for the update.
I'm glad that things are going well.
View Quote

This, looks great OP!
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 10:07:52 PM EDT
[#13]
I enjoy the updates.

As close as you are, you’re heading south and stopping in Savannah, right?
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 10:12:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I enjoy the updates.

As close as you are, you’re heading south and stopping in Savannah, right?
View Quote

Yup, week after Thanksgiving! Thanks for following!

@BPR
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 10:21:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Not gonna lie, I’d love to have that freedom and flexibility at times!
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 10:23:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
In on 1! Envy you guys! Good luck and safe travels!
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 10:29:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
 Just our investments.  We almost took a job as a house manager for an $8.5 estate in Montana, but it required too much time.
View Quote

I never heard of that kind of job.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 10:37:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do you know anyone who owns an $8.5 million estate?
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 10:41:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Whatever you do... don't go to the Florida keys, work as a bouncer and leverage self-illusioned influencer status on arfcom for freebies.
View Quote

People on here for handouts?
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 10:45:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's the scope of duties in that line of work?
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 10:49:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol, we don't need any handouts.  This is for fellow arfcommers to live vicariously, and for us to possibly hangout with some of the people we've only known virtually for the last decade.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 10:49:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 10:51:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Taking care of draft horses, draining a pond, and dragging a small helicopter out of a hanger twice a week.  I kid you not.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 10:51:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Lol, we don't need any handouts.  This is for fellow arfcommers to live vicariously, and for us to possibly hangout with some of the people we've only known virtually for the last decade.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know not you. I was asking the other person if there are people on here that look for handouts.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 10:52:43 PM EDT
[#25]
This is an interesting thread.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 10:53:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I know not you. I was asking the other person if there are people on here that look for handouts.
View Quote

??
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 10:56:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

??

I hope you and the gentleman are well.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 10:59:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Whatever you do... don't go to the Florida keys, work as a bouncer and leverage self-illusioned influencer status on arfcom for freebies.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/21/2021 11:00:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Taking care of draft horses, draining a pond, and dragging a small helicopter out of a hanger twice a week.  I kid you not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I gave a friend shit about getting hitched to a horse chick and buying one of his own he responded that I’d paid the same ~30k for my four transferable machine guns.

He got kinda quiet when I told him I could lock my MGs in the safe for a few years if they got too expensive to feed, haha.

Horses, pools, and boats…better to have a friend with one vice owning your own

ETA: glad to see the Evl van keeps rollin’ on
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 9:22:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The helicopter probably weighs less than many would suspect.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 12:41:21 PM EDT
[#31]
@ OP.
Where are you now and where will you be for Christmas?
I hope that all is well.
Take Care.

Link Posted: 12/8/2021 12:47:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He didn't mean you two. He meant the guy in Florida who lived on a shitty cement sailboat with his pitbull.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 4:31:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

He didn't mean you two. He meant the guy in Florida who lived on a shitty cement sailboat with his pitbull.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was an entertaining thread.
People caught hell for calling him out, LOL.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 4:53:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wasn't his last post something to the affect of- dog bit me, ran out of water, still shitting in a bucket.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 6:11:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Wasn't his last post something to the affect of- dog bit me, ran out of water, still shitting in a bucket.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some members friended him with motor parts, and other things.
When he lost it he was messaging mods and being very rude and crude.
I knew that he was taking advantage of people but some folks got caught up in his B.S.
And if you tried to point that out you were a jealous hater, LOL.
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 10:39:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Odd post.
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 10:45:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
That's pretty cool OP.....the van turned out awesome.

Pretty sure if my wife and I tried that it would be a murder / suicide within 4 weeks
View Quote

Four weeks, pretty sure my wife and I would last four days before our bodies were discovered
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 12:17:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Four weeks, pretty sure my wife and I would last four days before our bodies were discovered
View Quote

Yeah, wife and I have been together for 15 years and have worked together for the same...including living in a small rental house so we could save accordingly.  We are pretty fond of each other, but we do get in some heated arguments sometimes.   It just comes with the (lack of) territory.

We are currently in Flagler Beach and loving the mild weather down in centralish Florida.  We pretty much just passed through Florida and hit St Augustine and Jacksonville.  Both were pretty much easy to stay in the van in.  We just moved a couple times a day and found some quiet street parking.  

We had a mishap happen leaving Savannah.  We were moving locations, and the wife insisted on putting on makeup in bed while we relocated.  I usually don't allow this, but it was all 25 mph roads.  While on the road, someone decided to run a red light while I was going 19 mph.  I had to slam on the breaks and my wife flew forward off the bed and ended up getting whiplash and we think she broke her fibula.  This was a week ago, and she refuses to go to the doctor.  We are thinking of getting an x-ray tomorrow and having someone assess it via a Telemed appointment.  We think this would be the cheapest way to go about this sans insurance.  We can easily cover a doctor visit, but I would like to reduce the cost as much as necessary.  

It did happen while driving, and I do have video of both the fool running the redlight and a vid of the interior with my wife flying forward inside the van.  I have a blackvue setup and decided to turn the rear camera inward for some crazy reason as we had the back window coverings up blocking it.  Unsure if I should try to go through my State Farm auto coverage as I have RV coverage and a "renter's policy."

Wife is icing it and laying up for the time being.  It's actually good being in a tight space as she can use her arms to support her throughout the van.

Other than that, we are having a great time and are going to hit the Keys soon enough!
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 12:49:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Thanks for the update, sorry to learn of your wife being hurt.
Take Care and Happy Trails.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 8:05:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Oops, wrong thread.
I hope that your wife is feeling better.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 2:58:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I have a blackvue setup and decided to turn the rear camera inward for some crazy reason as we had the back window coverings up blocking it.  
View Quote

crazy reason...... sure.....

Hope she's improving!

Link Posted: 12/16/2021 4:18:29 PM EDT
[#42]
She's recovering fast.  Thanks, guys!

I posted this in the Keto thread.  Wife is my cook, dietitian, and personal trainer.  

This is me in late September

Attachment Attached File

This was this morning.

Attachment Attached File

I still drink every other day, although just bourbon.   Just eliminating sugar put me half way here.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 6:53:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
She's recovering fast.  Thanks, guys!

I posted this in the Keto thread.  Wife is my cook, dietitian, and personal trainer.  

This is me in late September

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/215800/20210828_121444_jpg-2205140.JPG

This was this morning.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/215800/PXL_20211215_155100701_jpg-2205141.JPG

I still drink every other day, although just bourbon.   Just eliminating sugar put me half way here.
View Quote

Good on you for doing your body right. But IPAs are so gooodddd.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 10:32:57 AM EDT
[#44]
Parked in Titusville for the Turksat SpaceX launch tonight!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 2:16:12 AM EDT
[#45]
@purevl2  Did you nuke your instagram?  Can't seem to find it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 8:45:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
@purevl2  Did you nuke your instagram?  Can't seem to find it.
View Quote

@theebasiles

We changed it because of the latest Chappelle special.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 8:59:31 AM EDT
[#47]

I bet that van smells strongly of patchouli and sex….congrats OP !!!!

Link Posted: 1/1/2022 4:29:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I bet that van smells strongly of patchouli and sex….congrats OP !!!!

View Quote

Smells like Bourbon and KY jelly

New Years day in Key Biscayne!

Attachment Attached File

Surf and Turf for dinner!  

Attachment Attached File

Wife is healing up nicely.  Thank you guys for the well wishes!
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 5:08:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Very nice OP, enjoy the beautiful weather!!
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 5:39:13 PM EDT
[#50]

That looks delicious, OP !!!
So jealous…

Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top