BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 5:21:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've got 1395 shares of Doge. That needs to take off.
View Quote
I have 3000.... it really does need to fly and I bought at points to maximize the amount I bought with bitcoin. the fees on crypto are stupid!
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 5:21:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Michael Saylor of Microstrategy, Fidelity, Binance, Grayscale, and others are holding a conference over the next two days with 1,000 CEOs on how to add BTC to their balance sheets.

I imagine some have already started.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 5:28:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Stellar Lumens is where its at guys Im tellin ya
View Quote

I sure as hell hope - I'm sitting on a bunch from when it was dirt cheap
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 5:33:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Binance. Buy BTC on Coinbase and send the BTC to Binance. Buy ADA and DOGE with the BTC.

You have to use Binance.US unless you have a VPN then you can use regular Binance.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am pretty new to Crypto, I signed up with CoinbasePro and it seems fine but I'd like to buy Cardano and a few others like Doge and Spark but they're aren't offered on Coinbase, any suggestions for an easy to use and reliable app to buy the above cryptos?

Binance. Buy BTC on Coinbase and send the BTC to Binance. Buy ADA and DOGE with the BTC.

You have to use Binance.US unless you have a VPN then you can use regular Binance.
If you sign up  for coinbase right now, go throught all the verification bullshit, then put money in it and buy BTC, you'll have to wait at least a week before sending those bitcoins to Binance or anywhere else.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 5:37:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I didn't think we could out-ponzi the USD, but here we are.
View Quote

It's the cultural, everybody wants easy money.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 6:00:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You'll get profit if you hold it long enough. LTC is way undervalued compared to BTC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm one of the geniuses that got into lite @ 300 or so, lol.

You'll get profit if you hold it long enough. LTC is way undervalued compared to BTC.

I want to believe that but everything I read says LTC is a dog.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 6:05:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Michael Saylor of Microstrategy, Fidelity, Binance, Grayscale, and others are holding a conference over the next two days with 1,000 CEOs on how to add BTC to their balance sheets.

I imagine some have already started.
View Quote

@Kampster

I’m registered for both days. “BTC for Business”. Saylor is predicting BTC will jump because of the conference.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 6:06:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What GPUs?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Say goodbye to GPUs
What GPUs?

Asked and answered
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 6:09:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I thought doge was going to the moon
View Quote

It's currently 7X what it was just a week ago.  It looks like the new floor is somewhere around 2.5-3.5 cents.  That's a pretty good jump ('specially if you bought in at <$0.005), and even better if it's semi-stable.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 6:22:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

#MeToo.

And I have like 1,400 TRON coins, fucking lol.  Let's go, Tron!
View Quote
I have 2500 TRX and WAY WAAAAY MORE XVG...I was supposed to get a Lambo
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 6:40:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
well with everything going on of course it will go to the moon
View Quote
It's 2021. The moon is coming to us.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 6:40:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am pretty new to Crypto, I signed up with CoinbasePro and it seems fine but I'd like to buy Cardano and a few others like Doge and Spark but they're aren't offered on Coinbase, any suggestions for an easy to use and reliable app to buy the above cryptos?

Dont use BTC. Use LTC. Much faster.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 6:47:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I need to figure out how to put my 3080 to work, looks like it could be earning a couple hundred a month at these prices.
View Quote

https://www.nicehash.com/

https://www.nicehash.com/profitability-calculator/
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 6:50:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Fuck ya! I didn’t check today! Mars Rerraries anyone?
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 6:52:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Cryptocurrencies will be tolerated until the powers that be are done moving their ill gotten gains to safer places where they can be laundered without scrutiny? "Oh, my deposits? I did really well with Bitcoin".

When the window closes, the losses will be epic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cryptocurrencies will be tolerated until the powers that be are done moving their ill gotten gains to safer places where they can be laundered without scrutiny? "Oh, my deposits? I did really well with Bitcoin".

Yeah, but until then it's super fun.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 6:55:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have 3000.... it really does need to fly and I bought at points to maximize the amount I bought with bitcoin. the fees on crypto are stupid!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got 15k doge but my damn wallet is 16 months behind.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 6:58:16 PM EDT
[#17]
I've had my crypto in Coinbase this whole time and was told today I should move it to a wallet.  What is the best wallet???h
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 7:07:38 PM EDT
[#18]
How do you "buy" cryptocurrency?
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 7:19:40 PM EDT
[#19]
I still have zero clue what a fucking Bitcoin is and how it's "mined"
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 7:23:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 7:37:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not exactly an expert here, but I will take a shot at it.
A finite number of Hashes (mathematical formulas) exist for the entire Bitcoin system.  Each of these hashes make up 1 bitcoin. Miners discover the hashes by doing computational work until it finds one. Once it is found, then it is owned by whomever controls the miners. Either a pool (collective of small miners). Or a single individual miner (more processing work). Each BTC has a value associated with it dictated by markets like anything else.  Each bitcoin can be broken down into fractional to be purchased (1.0 whole bitcoin is currently worth $35,585.00) .  

The beauty of this is that nobody can create extra bitcoins out of thin air, inflating the currency.  No "Printer goes BRRR".  As bitcoins are used up, each one gets more valuable.   Downside is everything is 100% trackable. But is transparent to everyone.

Other crypto currencies work in a si9milar way but have their own improvements, and faults. Most are considered SHIT coins that won't go anywhere. But people dump money in them in the hopes they get rich.  Some are jokes, like DOGE, not meant to be serious. But people think it is hilarious putting their money into it. And others are pure scams meant for the creators to get rich and others left holding the bag.

The Top cryptos are:
Bitcoin (BTC)
Ethereum (ETH)
LINK (LINK)

And some others that I don't follow.   But the first two are great investments. As they are useful in real world applications and network systems.

Just bve aware that FEES for doing anything with your crypto adds up.  Fees for buying, trading, transfering..  All of it eating into your future profit margins.  Hell, just sending your bitcoin out of the BINANCE exchange comes with a $17 transfer fee .  Other exchanges vary greatly on this.  

Best thing to do is buy a hardware wallet (ledger nano) and buy your bitcoin directly on it. And hold the thing until you want to trade it back into US Dollars. If you want to try trading, start small and keep it separate until you know what you are doing.  Especially if you are prone to gambling.  People have blown much money making bad decisions.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 7:38:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How?
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 7:39:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Sitting on a fuck boat ton of cheap ada.

%144 within 30d.

$1+ again please.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 7:39:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I sure as hell hope - I'm sitting on a bunch from when it was dirt cheap
View Quote

Same here.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 7:42:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
How do you "buy" cryptocurrency?
View Quote

Go to Kraken.com and open an account. Wire money from your personal checking account to Kraken. Two days after the wire goes thru, buy whatever virtual coin you want and keep it in your new Kraken account. It’s really that easy. I’m a bonehead (wife will corroborate) and I did it easily!
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 7:44:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 7:45:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

#MeToo.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 7:48:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I thought doge was going to the moon
View Quote

Nah, never will, it's not finite.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 7:52:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

#MeToo.

I'm hope to dump those soon too
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 7:54:50 PM EDT
[#30]
I just made enough to buy afrcom
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 7:55:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Is there any way to get rid of the 20 xrp that stays in a wallet?
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 7:58:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

How?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How?

I havent opened it in two years. When I finally did it says syncing to network 16 months behind.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 7:59:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Go to Kraken.com and open an account. Wire money from your personal checking account to Kraken. Two days after the wire goes thru, buy whatever virtual coin you want and keep it in your new Kraken account. It’s really that easy. I’m a bonehead (wife will corroborate) and I did it easily!
View Quote

I found kraken to be laggy (albeit this was years ago) and there was a freeze on trades and withdrawals for a good week or so.. back in 2018ish.

Binance has been good to me for anything coinbase can't do.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 8:06:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I've had my crypto in Coinbase this whole time and was told today I should move it to a wallet.  What is the best wallet???h
View Quote

i had to do some homework on this subject.  i setup a electrum wallet.  you download the software onto your pc.  it sets up a wallet with security password.  it has a recovery code too.  if you want you can load the wallet onto a flash drive, so it is totally safe from online thieves.  the wallet has addresses you can send your coinbase bitcoin for storage.  from this wallet you can send or receive.  i assume you would only need one of the brokerages to convert usd to bitcoin, once you start to use your wallet as an transaction hub.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 8:06:29 PM EDT
[#35]

I wonder how much  (ctrl) +V MOAR USDT !! is going on. lol
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 8:13:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Go to Kraken.com and open an account. Wire money from your personal checking account to Kraken. Two days after the wire goes thru, buy whatever virtual coin you want and keep it in your new Kraken account. It's really that easy. I'm a bonehead (wife will corroborate) and I did it easily!
View Quote

OK, so from one bonehead to another, the only thing that is holding me back is taxes.

Say I put $100 or even $1000 into some crypto (any kind as I am not sure if I should buy a tiny piece of one or a whole bunch of a tiny one).

How does this affect taxes taxes...say today, next year and 10 years from now If I leave it there and don't touch.    

I don't want to miss the boat on all of this, but I also don't want to explain to the wife some tax season why we owe a ton on taxes and have nothing to show for it.

And one more question... Is it even taxed?    I thought one of the major drawing points about crypto is that it can't be traced...so if it isn't traced how is it taxed.

Sorry if these are stupid questions but I know nothing about crypto OR taxes.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 8:15:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

The powers that be don't care about laundering their ill gotten gains. They don't have to.

That's why we've had things like a treasury secretary that hadn't filed taxes in a decade, and how Pelosi can buy Tesla stock the day before Biden announces the feds are moving to all electric vehicles.

Cryptocurrencies will be tolerated until the masses start moving savings to them to protect themselves from USD inflation. They they'll get nuked.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 8:22:44 PM EDT
[#38]
So can arfcom tell me which <$1 coin is gonna rocket to the moon??????
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 8:23:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Bitcoin is easily traceable, as all transactions are recorded in the global ledger.  Tying each transaction to an actual person's name is a bit more difficult but can be done if they aren't careful.   You should assume anything transferred from a legit exchange will be tracked at some point and tied to your name.  There are some privacy coins like Monero that might be worth looking into if you are worried about this.

The best way to stay anonymous is to meet someone in person who has cash, and you have bitcoin.   They show you the cash, you use your laptop to transfer the BTC to their account.   Sit around and have a cup of coffee until the blockchain confirms the transaction.  

Avoid the banking system altogether.  Before Coinbase became the giant gorilla of crypto this is how things were done.

Personally, I just use the exchange info that they provide to me and feed that information to my accountant.  Took him a few years to figure it out but now he understands what to do with the info.   And then I pay taxes on it.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 8:24:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
So can arfcom tell me which <$1 coin is gonna rocket to the moon??????
View Quote

http://guncoin.info/
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 8:25:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Dogecoin $.10 plz.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 8:31:05 PM EDT
[#42]
NEVER buy in an unregulated market! You will ALWAYS be at the mercy of the biggest dog on the street, in this case China. When they want to take profits, there is NOTHING you can do.

If you want to understand what I'm talking about, read up on how Joe Kennedy built the family fortune. Before the SEC and trade regulations (early 1900s), he gathered large investors, manipulated stories in news papers and legally stole the average person's life savings, over and over again.

Crypto currency is unregulated so there will always be unfair trade practices. Today, China mines more crypto than any place in the world. No one can ever hope to keep up.

There are also a LOT of pissed off billionaires looking to get even. They are sharing mountains of lies right now. Buyer beware!
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 8:31:44 PM EDT
[#43]
So no Doge to the moon
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 8:31:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

i had to do some homework on this subject.  i setup a electrum wallet.  you download the software onto your pc.  it sets up a wallet with security password.  it has a recovery code too.  if you want you can load the wallet onto a flash drive, so it is totally safe from online thieves.  the wallet has addresses you can send your coinbase bitcoin for storage.  from this wallet you can send or receive.  i assume you would only need one of the brokerages to convert usd to bitcoin, once you start to use your wallet as an transaction hub.
View Quote

I would actually highly suggest you purchase an external hardware wallet such as a trezor or ledger. The reason being, is that electrum is open to phishing scams. I recall a few years back a bunch of guys losing tons of coins when somehow they got hijacked and prompted to "update" directly through the wallet. Turns out, that update claimed your wallet had to be reimported with your seed and well.. you know the rest.

I definitely think that these standalone wallets on hard drives are not a great idea for the average user. For 40 bucks, just get a hw wallet and be done with it IMO.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 8:37:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
Exodus seems pretty nice so far.  Make sure to print off the recover code word sheet during setup and file it in a safe.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 8:44:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Wake me up when Verge and Vertcoin are back

Thank God I was just barely smart enough to not put much into shitcoins and stick mostly with btc, eth and ltc.
View Quote

Dude don't you realize the power of shitcoins?

I mean when a shitcoin goes from .00000001 to .00000002 BTC you double your investment !!!!
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 8:48:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I would actually highly suggest you purchase an external hardware wallet such as a trezor or ledger. The reason being, is that electrum is open to phishing scams. I recall a few years back a bunch of guys losing tons of coins when somehow they got hijacked and prompted to "update" directly through the wallet. Turns out, that update claimed your wallet had to be reimported with your seed and well.. you know the rest.

I definitely think that these standalone wallets on hard drives are not a great idea for the average user. For 40 bucks, just get a hw wallet and be done with it IMO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And make sure you buy it off their official site and not Amazon or eBay

Ledger

Trezor

Link Posted: 2/2/2021 9:15:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Currently have coinbase. Is it better to move to coinbase pro?

Are there fees involved?

Or should I send it to a wallet (coinbase wallet or Exodus)?
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 9:19:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Currently have coinbase. Is it better to move to coinbase pro?

Are there fees involved?

Or should I send it to a wallet (coinbase wallet or Exodus)?
View Quote

You can create a coinbase pro account and move your bitcoin straight from your old regular coinbase wallet into your new coinbase pro one. No fees, no issues.

The fees are definitely lower on Coinbase Pro.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 9:23:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Sitting on a fuck boat ton of cheap ada.

%144 within 30d.

$1+ again please.
View Quote

Your lips to God's ears!
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top