Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:47:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:54:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is an absurd argument and OP should feel bad
View Quote

It's a valid argument because your not restricted to single stack glock magazines or Gucci aftermarket magazines that may or may not work reliably.
With a 26 you have more magazine options and when your stopped by a traffic  cop you have the "compliant" 10 round magazine in it and a 17 round magazine in your pocket.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:54:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My 48 conceals better AIWB than a 26 and holds 15+1 thanks to S15 mags.

If I want to carry a thicker gun I’ll just grab the trusty G19.
View Quote

^^^^This^^^^

And whoever anticipated 21er's being full tard was right.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:57:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

These are his jam.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:58:34 PM EDT
[#5]
coc#4
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:04:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

They dont want bloodshed with their enforcers taking dirtnaps they will go grandfathering route to keep control if they get a ban through this year.
View Quote

They are looking for a reason to put the boot down. Look back at other communists countries they had no problems killing people.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:05:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It's a valid argument because your not restricted to single stack glock magazines or Gucci aftermarket magazines that may or may not work reliably.
With a 26 you have more magazine options and when your stopped by a traffic  cop you have the "compliant" 10 round magazine in it and a 17 round magazine in your pocket.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay so I'll have a compliant 10 rd magazine in my 43x with a 15 or 20 rd magazine in my pocket. I'm not reliant on "gucci" magazines but I'll damn sure use my S15 magazines to make my chosen carry gun better suited to my purposes. 26 is a great gun, but as long as the 43x and 19 exist, there is zero reason to carry one.

Look, a 43x with a 10 rd magazine in it and higher capacity mags for relaods. You're right...that was a pain in the ass

Attachment Attached File

More likely than not though, I'll say "fuck it" and carry whatever I choose regardless of arbitrary laws
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:08:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I cant take it.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:09:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I prefer the G43X and G48. Fits my hands much better.

If I am going to carry something like a G26, it'll be my new G29SF.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:10:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Laughing at this thread in 1911 and P365.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:14:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Why would I take a smaller, harder to shoot pistol that's limited to the same 10 round mags as my taller, longer, easier to grip and shoot pistol?
View Quote
His argument is the dumbest thing I've read all day. Same capacity, but one is a short, uncomfortable, harder to conceal brick vs a slimmer, same capacity and easier to conceal pistol. Quite literally pants on head retarded.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:14:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The 43 is for muppet hands. I can’t shoot one, it’s like Gary Coleman sized.
View Quote

Lol, I wear xl or 2x gloves and don't have the slightest issue shooting one. Maybe its just you.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:15:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
His argument is the dumbest thing I've read all day. Same capacity, but one is a short, uncomfortable, harder to conceal brick vs a slimmer, same capacity and easier to conceal pistol. Quite literally pants on head retarded.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why would I take a smaller, harder to shoot pistol that's limited to the same 10 round mags as my taller, longer, easier to grip and shoot pistol?

2 pages deep OP and no one has agreed with you
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:18:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Or you could just be an adult and carry a 19x like me

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:19:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

The 26 can use all the larger Glock magazines where the 43x has to use aftermarket magazines like Shield Arms that are hit or miss on reliability and hard to get even before scamdemic and biden fake presidency.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:21:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Just ankle carry a 33 rounder.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:24:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You anticipate strict gun laws, but are “allowed” to keep your 15, 17, 24, 33 and 50 round mags?  Lol
View Quote

People are sitting around thinking up ways to beat this thing, but they don't even know what this thing is yet.  It's a waste of time and a source of stress.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:26:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Me laughing while looking at my box full of shield arms 15 round glock 43x mags....
View Quote

I really should have bought more of those when they were available.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:27:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Some are stubborn and others limit their world views to popular culture guns without considering other options.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:28:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

This for me, too... mostly.

I did just bring a P365 back into the stable.

An M18 followed.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:32:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

QFT
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:33:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I don’t feel the love GD has for the single stacks. I dumped my 43 and bought a 26. The 43 was great for carry but not for shooting. The 26 is the better shooter. YMMV
View Quote

I shot pretty poorly with the 43 to be honest. 43X is better. G19 is best. The Gen5 is really nice.

The P320/P365 design mitigates felt recoil very noticeably for me. There is definitely less snap on the P365 than the 43/43X.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:40:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Lol, no.

Even if we're limited on ammo capacity, most gun owners are lazy fucks when it comes to carrying. They want as small a gun as possible. That is not the G26.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:41:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
With a high possibility of some type of strict gun laws coming why limit yourself to single stack mags with the 43/48 that cant take double stack glock mags 10,15,17,24,33, and 50 round mags that you can do with the Glock 26 sub compact pistols?
I personally carried the 26 for years and am going back to it since the thickness is not a big deal as folks make it out to be.
View Quote
The Glock 26 was surpassed by the 43X . I owned both. If you are going to stick high cap mags in a pistol you should use a 17 or 34 and get the most out of the velocity
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:43:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Some are stubborn and others limit their world views to popular culture guns without considering other options.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:45:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Glock 26 over 43/48?!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:48:10 PM EDT
[#27]
I use the OEM mags when I carry my 48. I don't like after market parts in a Glock, just a thing I have. 10 rounds, but what the heck.

Well, I did put X/S night sights on it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:48:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

An M18 followed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

An M18 followed.

Now go get a P365XL.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:51:31 PM EDT
[#29]
i don't understand why the g43, 43x, and 48 exist

same capacity as their competitors while being much larger

g26 won't ever become more popular, but the reduction in grip length makes it nice for carry
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:55:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Yeah this is a dumb ass theory.

Go ask the boys in NY. Their was no grandfathering. When the ban your shit, they ban your shit. They don’t give 2 fucks about what you already owned.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:55:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
i don't understand why the g43, 43x, and 48 exist

same capacity as their competitors while being much larger

g26 won't ever become more popular, but the reduction in grip length makes it nice for carry
View Quote

The 43x isn't that big lol

It's perfect IMO.  I don't want a smaller gun.  Short sub compact grips are annoying.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:56:19 PM EDT
[#32]
If you are stuck with 10, the 30s will be the new hotness.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:56:41 PM EDT
[#33]
I'll stick with my G29 for deep deep concealment, lol baby 43 with aftermarket mags.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:01:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Yeah this is a dumb ass theory.

Go ask the boys in NY. Their was no grandfathering. When the ban your shit, they ban your shit. They don’t give 2 fucks about what you already owned.
View Quote

You never heard of non-compliance in NY?
G26 gives you more magazine options which is an advantage but every one is free to decide or "comply".
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:02:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You anticipate strict gun laws, but are “allowed” to keep your 15, 17, 24, 33 and 50 round mags?  Lol
View Quote

I don’t think he thought it through.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:02:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The 26 can use all the larger Glock magazines where the 43x has to use aftermarket magazines like Shield Arms that are hit or miss on reliability and hard to get even before scamdemic and biden fake presidency.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The first gen ones sure, they fixes it and all of mine are flawless
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:02:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
glock 29.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:03:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ooor some of us actually do gun shit for a living
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:05:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
glock 29.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
glock 29.

Just bought one myself. First 10mm I've owned.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:06:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
glock 29.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
glock 29.

Exactly the same, only different.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:07:26 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm just going to guess OP is very new to all of this stuff.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:10:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I don’t think he thought it through.
View Quote

The Glock 26 gives you the option to appear compliant with the 10 round magazine in it but you can easily have a 15,17,24,33,or 50 round magazine nearby or on you in case.
With the 43/48 your stuck with 10 rounders or Shield Arms which are more expensive and harder to get with 15 and 20 rounder and some other less known aftermarket magazines.
But if you like your 43 or 48 then no need to get upset there is nothing wrong with them just some limitations I am bringing up for those who are on the fence with this hostile political climate.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:11:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Just bought one myself. First 10mm I've owned.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:19:17 PM EDT
[#44]
This thread seems like useless baiting.

With capacity-limits, the logical thing to do is get a more powerful round.

I like the 43x for concealed-carry, due to the small size, 15+1 capacity (with S15 mags), and light weight.  I don't see the point of adding extra weight or thickness, even if I had to downgrade to 10 rounds.  Even if you want a thicker grip, you could always add one of the Hogue grips ones.

Probably the only major downside I can think of is that I'd like to put a red-dot sight on it, but am not sure it's worth the money to do so.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:20:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Glock 43 killed the 26 sales in NY. I know one gun shop that stopped carrying the 26 a while back because it wasn’t moving at all.

If you can’t have big mags, there’s no reason to carry a big gun.
View Quote

This is the truth.  Back during the ban years it was all about the small guns or 1911s.   These days something like a HK45 would be the optimum larger gun. Glock 43 would also clean up.  Could see a dedicated 10 round single stack version.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:22:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Before the Clinton AWB sub compact double stacks were unheard of, 380 pocket pistols were rare to unheard of.

Literally an entire class of firearms were developed, in part, because of the Clinton ban, and subsequent passing of CCW laws at the state level.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:25:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

The Glock 26 gives you the option to appear compliant with the 10 round magazine in it but you can easily have a 15,17,24,33,or 50 round magazine nearby or on you in case.
View Quote

"appear compliant"  "have a 15,17,24,33,or 50 round magazine nearby or on"

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:31:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
With a high possibility of some type of strict gun laws coming why limit yourself to single stack mags with the 43/48 that cant take double stack glock mags 10,15,17,24,33, and 50 round mags that you can do with the Glock 26 sub compact pistols?
I personally carried the 26 for years and am going back to it since the thickness is not a big deal as folks make it out to be.
View Quote

Strict gun laws would include having to either turn in for destruction or register with the ATF, all magazines above 10 rounds. So you still wouldnt be allowed to have those 15,17,24,33, and 50 round mags...
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:32:28 PM EDT
[#49]
I have a G43 and happy with it, shoots fine, conceals nicely.  No reason to get rid of it and jump on the latest fad for concealed guns.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:35:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Strict gun laws would include having to either turn in for destruction or register with the ATF, all magazines above 10 rounds. So you still wouldnt be allowed to have those 15,17,24,33, and 50 round mags...
View Quote

Once we cross that Rubicon it becomes irrelevant I am on the belief that they would go with grandfathering route but even if they go that extreme route it is still unenforceable.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top