Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

43 years.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Originally Posted g5By USAFtacFANAC:
Married her... 11 years strong. Wouldn't trade anything for her.

43 years.  

27 years here
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:40:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I can't hold it against women that I have that effect on all of them.

That just wouldn't be fair.
View Quote

God i posted the same thing.

Arguing with you is like arguing with my dad or brother.

I fuckin like you man (very little homo)
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:41:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Set to marry her in October.

That said, we knew each other for two years before we went out, and had flirted extensively prior to me ever asking her out, so I think it was kind of expected
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:41:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Uh, yeah. Especially how the question is posed.

If you had sex with her on the first date and would hold that against her, maybe you should be examining your own actions/morals/ethics before placing any blame on her.
View Quote

Confucius once say, what good is lock that can be opened by many keys?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:43:15 AM EDT
[#5]
My wife and I started out as a random hook up. Been together ever since. 16 years together, 14 years married.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:43:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Yep.

I’m such a studmuffin that gals can’t help themselves.  They sure don’t want me for my sparkling personality...
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:44:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Uh, yeah. Especially how the question is posed.

If you had sex with her on the first date and would hold that against her, maybe you should be examining your own actions/morals/ethics before placing any blame on her.
View Quote

it can go either way.

if you were a employer would you want a new employee who was eager to fuck over their current boss, and quit right now, leaving chaos, because you offered them a job?   id tend to see their eagerness to bail and fuck their old boss as them likely fucking me over down the road if the situation repeated and they were offered another job.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:44:10 AM EDT
[#8]
I guess it would depend...I mean I'm pretty fucking sexy in my own right and women find me irresistible so...
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:44:18 AM EDT
[#9]
In this thread, I learned that women are the same as trousers...
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:44:43 AM EDT
[#10]
I’m a charming motherfucker and talked my way into more panties than I realistically should have so I’m not going to hold that against them.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:45:32 AM EDT
[#11]
80/20 is really the 90/10 rule now in dating. If you are in the top 10% of men, 90% of women will have sex with you on the first date.

If you are not in the top 10% those 90% of women are still having sex both before and after you with the 10%, but may not have sex with you before or possibly after they start dating or marry you. So using the criteria the woman is better if she makes you work for it does not mean much unless you are a top 10% and even then it is suspect.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:46:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Absolutely,  12 years now.....she saved me.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:47:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

if your considering a long term relationship, sex is about dead last in the importance area and something you should not reach before learning out the actually important stuff. a few dates will tell you if you can stand to be in the same room with her, if shes a insane liberal, crazy, has crazy ideas, is lazy, financial disaster, plans to get fat, etc.

a relationship can endure if your a good match, while no amount of sex can pave over those other basic issues.
View Quote

That's just some autistic bullshit, dude. Good sex ABSOLUTELY paves over those other issues for 99% of the population (which is equally as stupid as saying sex doesn't matter).

You can keep interviewing people to find the perfect woman, but when she fucks like trash, as frequently as trash pickup (once a week), and uses teeth on your birthday-only blowjob, you're perfectly welcome to lie to yourself and say you're still happy.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:47:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Nope.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:47:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

id argue that abandoning those age old ways / ideals and behaviors are a huge reason society is falling apart at the seems. theres no upside to women behaving like a man, it ends badly for women, and most men dont like it deep down IMHO. its hardwired, just as women tend to be hardwired to want a strong man.

their brain might say they want soft modern soy boy sensitive dude, but their lizard brain wants conan the barbarian to mount them, give them strong babies and crush anyone who would harm them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sure...we don't live in the 1700's anymore.

id argue that abandoning those age old ways / ideals and behaviors are a huge reason society is falling apart at the seems. theres no upside to women behaving like a man, it ends badly for women, and most men dont like it deep down IMHO. its hardwired, just as women tend to be hardwired to want a strong man.

their brain might say they want soft modern soy boy sensitive dude, but their lizard brain wants conan the barbarian to mount them, give them strong babies and crush anyone who would harm them.

Totally agree.

Advancing past base desires to find deeper meaning is what society is all about.

When sex is cheap, you don't care as much.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:47:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Any girl who will have sex with you that quickly will have sex with just about anyone, and you're not special.
View Quote

thats how i feel about it in general. there are exceptions of course, but in general i believe its true. just as " once a cheater always a cheater". again, while there are exceptions, it tends to be true.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:48:10 AM EDT
[#17]
I don't know that I'll ever get married again, but it really depends on the woman as far as sex on the first date etc.

Sex is important and knowing that it's good relatively quickly is important for men and women.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:48:44 AM EDT
[#18]
lol
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:49:02 AM EDT
[#19]
In my experience, those aren't the ones you marry. Having sex on the first date is a sign of many poor decisions both past, present and future.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:49:15 AM EDT
[#20]
I knew from the very instant I laid eyes on my wife that she was it.  Nothing has ever changed that opinion.  So sex on the first date would have been just that much more time with her.  Time with a woman you truly love is not easily replaced.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:49:34 AM EDT
[#21]
There is no hard and fast rule for this. I had sex with my now wife on the second date, she initiated. It probably would have happened on the first date if the logistics were different. We have been together for 19 years now.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:50:16 AM EDT
[#22]
I tend to fall between #3 & #4. Never had sex with someone I didn't have a relationship with. Just not my thing
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:50:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

thats how i feel about it in general. there are exceptions of course, but in general i believe its true. just as " once a cheater always a cheater". again, while there are exceptions, it tends to be true.

View Quote

Should the woman not want to marry you if you wanted to have sex on the first date?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:50:30 AM EDT
[#24]
No, Im not into marrying sluts

If she bangs you on the first date, you're one in a LONG line of guys that have wore that out.

No thanks
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:52:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Absolutely not....I want someone who respects themselves and also you never buy a rental car.

She probably has tattoos also
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:53:28 AM EDT
[#26]
I can't respect any woman that would have me.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:53:58 AM EDT
[#27]
I like a woman that is upfront about what she wants.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:54:00 AM EDT
[#28]
I would say it's a case-by-case basis, but, generally speaking, IMHO, it does not speak well of values if a woman puts out on a first date.

Yes, love at first sight, instant chemistry, yeah, I get it.  But I know, for myself, I had issues coming to grips with my wife's previous boyfriends/intimates.

At least in our case, I think building up to sex helped make a solid foundation for our relationship.  Ours was on/off long distance (she was away at college), and I think it was about 4 months from first date to sex.  I think we both, independently, wanted to take it slow because we were both pretty sure the other was "the one."

Met - 1979 - 11 years old
Asked her out - 1985 - HS prom - refused
Started dating Dec 1988 - college
"All the way" - spring break 1989
Engaged 1990
Married 1992 - still happily married
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:54:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I can't respect any woman that would have me.  
View Quote

This right here is the real answer!

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:55:55 AM EDT
[#30]
There's a difference between the girl that gives it up to everyone the first date and the girl that has a once in a lifetime connection with you despite both of you trying to put the brakes on.

If you can't tell the difference I don't know what to tell you. It's an eternal problem.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:56:26 AM EDT
[#31]
So should widows/widowers and divorcees just go die in a sexless corner in this fantasy world of the OP's?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:56:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Shift keys broke.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:56:40 AM EDT
[#33]
how about the number of sex partners?

would it bother you if your new 25 year old girlfriend admitted to sleeping with 50 dudes?   id be as disturbed by the fact emotionally / mentally she would be able to do that, / be ok she did that , as much as disturbed by the idea she had 50 different dicks at 25 years old.

im not saying its not commonly happening, because it absolutely it, theres just no upside to it.  

many wont agree with me.. but a MAN is wired to hump multiple women, and emotionally its nothing to him, it can be tricky for a woman to get a man emotionally involved, and past the sex. ( a man whos still humping multiple women even after emotionally connecting to someone is broken btw, and should be avoided by women ) where a woman tends to always be emotionally involved, and is not capable of having sex like that. if they are capable , its a screaming red flag warning that their wiring / software is all fucked up and you dont want that shit in your life.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:57:22 AM EDT
[#34]
sex is a biological impulse and desire. it doesn't matter "what date" it occurred on.

her "getting to know you" doesn't make her want to fuck you. she wants to fuck, because she wants to fuck. the right guy at the right time.

has no bearing on potential marriage at all.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:57:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
There is no hard and fast rule for this. I had sex with my now wife on the second date, she initiated. It probably would have happened on the first date if the logistics were different. We have been together for 19 years now.
View Quote

im not saying it never works out, or theres something always wrong with women who do. im just saying much of the time it does not work out, and there is something wrong.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:58:04 AM EDT
[#36]
I think you guys really over think this stuff.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:58:47 AM EDT
[#37]
I guess my situation depends on what your definition of "is" is, circa Bill Clinton.

If your definition of "is" is, then yes.  Been married for 23 years and together for 28 years.

Who the hell wants to spend their life with a chic who can't throw down and party.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:59:42 AM EDT
[#38]
I practice family law. You guys go for it. Works out well for me.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:59:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
maybe stick to ammo threads, chief
View Quote

I'm dying over here
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:00:33 PM EDT
[#40]
I did.  We met off POF, for a no strings intimate encounter.  

We ended up several more intimate encounters.  Fell for each other and got married 3 years later.  Been together 8 years.

Awesome woman, red head nurse.  wonderful in every way. treats me like a king.

Great sex, great cook, loves to take care of me and the house.  Old fashion values.  Very conservative. Huge heart.

Couldnt ask for a better woman.  It all started with a hookup on POF.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:01:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I think you guys incels really over think this stuff.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:01:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I would say it's a case-by-case basis, but, generally speaking, IMHO, it does not speak well of values if a woman puts out on a first date.

Yes, love at first sight, instant chemistry, yeah, I get it.  But I know, for myself, I had issues coming to grips with my wife's previous boyfriends/intimates.

At least in our case, I think building up to sex helped make a solid foundation for our relationship.  Ours was on/off long distance (she was away at college), and I think it was about 4 months from first date to sex.  I think we both, independently, wanted to take it slow because we were both pretty sure the other was "the one."

Met - 1979 - 11 years old
Asked her out - 1985 - HS prom - refused
Started dating Dec 1988 - college
"All the way" - spring break 1989
Engaged 1990
Married 1992 - still happily married
View Quote

i have had a lot of sex on the first date, dates. but only 4 long term relationships.  the 2 women who i had sex with in the first few dates that resulted in long term relations, those relationships were filled with various problems, even with my emotional commitment. problems that could be related to self control, spending, anger, cheating, and other stuff. while the 2 women who made me wait for a long time, who had more self control, resulted in a far superior relationship, less craziness, more self control in spending, behavior in general, etc.. im still in the second long term relationship where i didnt have sex early, been going strong for almost 10 years now, been engaged for 5 years.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:02:39 PM EDT
[#43]
I did
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:03:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
In this thread, I learned that women are the same as trousers...
View Quote

In this thread I learned that some people do not understand that not everything is literal...............
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:03:31 PM EDT
[#45]
I would propose the next morning with a ring I already had.

(you have to out crazy them early in the relationship)
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:03:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Absolutely not....I want someone who respects themselves and also you never buy a rental car.

She probably has tattoos also
View Quote

Let Captain Kirk go where no man has gone before. I don’t need to be first, I just want to be last.

Liking sex doesn’t imply lack of self respect, except for simps and incels.

A person with no self respect will have a fucked up sex life whether they have one partner or a hundred.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:04:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

would it bother you if your new 25 year old girlfriend admitted to sleeping with 50 dudes?   id be as disturbed by the fact emotionally / mentally she would be able to do that, / be ok she did that , as much as disturbed by the idea she had 50 different dicks at 25 years old.

im not saying its not commonly happening, because it absolutely it, theres just no upside to it.  

many wont agree with me.. but a MAN is wired to hump multiple women, and emotionally its nothing to him, it can be tricky for a woman to get a man emotionally involved, and past the sex. ( a man whos still humping multiple women even after emotionally connecting to someone is broken btw, and should be avoided by women ) where a woman tends to always be emotionally involved, and is not capable of having sex like that. if they are capable , its a screaming red flag warning that their wiring / software is all fucked up and you dont want that shit in your life.
View Quote

add the rational male (4 books total and the blog) to your reading list.

re-reading after my recent divorce.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:04:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
...im still in the second long term relationship where i didnt have sex early, been going strong for almost 10 years now, been engaged for 5 years.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:04:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Her past is her past, like my past is my past.

Generally if she's good in bed there's been some practice.   I get that and I'm not going to get worked up over it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:05:21 PM EDT
[#50]
What is this sex you speak of?
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top