BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:37:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I mean. You don't personally have to replace them all TONIGHT...

I'll give you until at least next week!
View Quote

I understand........just bustin' all you young kid's balls a bit.

Electric cars have their place but are not for everyone.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:37:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Electric cars are a top down driven tech, driven by the establishment religion of environmentalism. Battery tech will improve but likely not like those pushing it want. All tech doesn't advance the same way.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Battery technology and charger availability will never improve!

Electric cars are a top down driven tech, driven by the establishment religion of environmentalism. Battery tech will improve but likely not like those pushing it want. All tech doesn't advance the same way.

Well that's the joke isn't it?

Tech doesn't advance uniformly. Circumstances don't advance uniformly.

Covid19 killed many things. Including an awful lot of people's commute to work.

As for electric cars being a top down mandate. You can mandate anything you want. You can be a mad King and decree that your subjects have to breathe dirt instead of air because air is "far too precyous and sacred a thing to waste on filthy commoners." But if the decree is impossible then it is impossible. California issued mandates concerning electric cars in the 90s. But the technology wasn't there yet and so the mandates were shelved.

People generally don't change. But technology is always improving.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:37:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
He didn't say it was "like new", he said it was "fine".  He's probably right.  I had a 2005 Prius for 12 years and amassed 243k miles on it.  Aside from the fact that it was nearly maintenance free (oil changes, tires, one new set of brake pads at 200k, one new lead acid aux battery at 180k) the main battery was fine.

Toyota engineers smartly figured out a way to take care of the NiMH battery during its use so that its livespan is every long.  In short, it never charges more than 80% and never discharges less than 40%.  I am less familiar with the first gen Prius, but he didn't claim he had that generation.  Unless I missed it, in which case I apologize.

I bet you don't do that with your smartphone.  Some people drain their smartphone batteries all the time and then complain that they don't get good battery life.  That's the best way to kill it.  Taking care of the battery properly will lengthen the lifespan dramatically.  That's also the nature of chemistry.
View Quote
10 years old would make it 1st gen I think.

Yea properly caring for batteries significantly effects their life.

NiMH can develop memory unlike lithium ion.

My concern would be manufactures pushing that charging/discharging range more and more in an attempt to claim higher mileage.

Just like with cellphones. Apple could easily restrict the charging/discharge range to better protect the battery but they want to advertise longer use times.

ETA: That's how Tesla used to change their range. You bought the exact same vehicle and they just enabled or disabled the feature. I don't know how it is now with some of their newer stuff.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:39:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It is the future but it won't be the total future unless gov mandated.

If ICE is not banned then they will be around for another 100 years

By 2050 1/3 of all cars are going to be electric, the other 2/3 will be hybrids
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Electric cars are the future.

If you disagree, it's because you haven't done the math. It's that simple.

It is the future but it won't be the total future unless gov mandated.

If ICE is not banned then they will be around for another 100 years

By 2050 1/3 of all cars are going to be electric, the other 2/3 will be hybrids

Nobody in this thread is advocating that ICE be made illegal, any more than Henry Ford advocated that horse powered transport be made illegal. He produced a product that was superior in every way, and the infrastructure changed itself to reflect that.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:39:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I mean. You don't personally have to replace them all TONIGHT...

I'll give you until at least next week!

Especially right now, they absolutely are not.

But are getting better at being for more and more people every day.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:40:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

To be serious........in time..........in time.

I worry with dumbasses like Biden at the helm it might be reckless and chaotic though.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:41:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Nobody in this thread is advocating that ICE be made illegal, any more than Henry Ford advocated that horse powered transport be made illegal. He produced a product that was superior in every way, and the infrastructure changed itself to reflect that.
View Quote

Exactly.

Who knows what the future is going to look like. But what I do know is that I know at least one guy who has a 1,500 HP gasoline powered car and he isn't trading that in for an EV anytime soon.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:41:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I love how people think electric vehicles are part of a grand Must Comply enslavement scheme.

How much effort would it take for you, right now, to construct a way to generate your own electricity at home?

Comparatively, how much effort would it take for you, right now, to construct a way to synthesize gasoline at home?

Cord cutters and off the grid types should be delighted by electric vehicles. They open up so many more possibilities for you.
View Quote
Until it all gets shut down with the click of a mouse.

I get what you're saying I really do. But that's not the direction we seem to be heading, is it?

If a company comes out with an EV that's completely disconnected from the internet like my current car maybe I'd be more interested.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:42:56 PM EDT
[#9]
My Son has Inlaws that are earth hugging anti-trump stupid motherfuckers. They bought a Prius, stretched their budget to do it, have to get up every night at 2:30am to "un plug the charger so it doesn't hurt the battery" and now it's time to replace the battery pack. Can't afford to do it. Can't sell it like it is. REFUSES to believe it wasn't a GREAT deal.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:43:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

We were supposed to have flying cars by 1980.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ICE will be reduced to niche applications.

We were supposed to have flying cars by 1980.

We got them. Today they're called Helicopters.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:44:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's the point.

And the tech on EVs is advancing such that almost nobody is going to chose an ICE by the early 2030s.

It will literally be like "For $40k, I can buy an EV with 500 miles of range and 800 AWD horsepower that will cost $0.04 per mile in fuel, or I can buy a 300hp ICE that costs $0.11 per mile in fuel"
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:44:27 PM EDT
[#12]
It's like anything else. You can try to avoid it but you're either going to end up adopting it or paying an absurd price not to. OK boomers.

Its like cell phones and the nay sayers. Remember when I'd never have a phone, you'd have to CHARGE it nightly was a real argument? Or but muh brain cancer from invisible waves I don't need no communcasaoons past smoke signals!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:44:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I get what you're saying I really do. But that's not the direction we seem to be heading, is it?

If a company comes out with an EV that's completely disconnected from the internet like my current car maybe I'd be more interested.
View Quote

Just root your car and install linux
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:46:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

If a company starts doing that. And who knows they might.

There would be a hell of a price to pay if they did. Never mind the possibility that the system might be hacked into. Which is a thing that people have already demonstrated...

With internal combustion powered cars!!!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:47:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
But these and other $50k+ cars you have to throw away every 5 - 8 years are going to replace gasoline cars.
View Quote

You honestly believe that the current state of EVs is the final mature state of EVs?

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:48:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You honestly believe that the current state of EVs is the final mature state of EVs?

View Quote

EVs are improving at a much faster rate than ICE automobiles
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:48:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Depending on what is used to generate the electricity, electric cars make sense. Range and recharging times are issues that are being addressed and improved. Battery recycling technology can also improve, much like the recycling of nuclear waste. Speaking of, if the green movement wants true environmental credibility, they need to embrace nuclear. In a few years we will be replacing my wife’s car. Preferably with a plug in hybrid that isn’t god awful ugly.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:49:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

My honest worry is that the dumbasses in charge of the government now believe it is good enough and doesn't even need to be improved.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:49:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

A friend of mine bought his sister-in-law's 2001 Prius that needed batteries.  
He found a company out of Texas that installed a new battery pack for $1,200.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
there are  shops that can  break  down your tesla battery.

find the bad cell and replace it.

and it will not cost  `16 grand.  

A friend of mine bought his sister-in-law's 2001 Prius that needed batteries.  
He found a company out of Texas that installed a new battery pack for $1,200.

A reconditioned one?  I could believe.  Not a new one. Even a Toyota new battery pack cost me almost 2K, and that was the dealer price.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:52:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Telsa will brick your car for unauthorized repairs.

Just like Apple
View Quote

and like John Deere
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:52:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
My wife's Prius is 10 years old with close to 90,000 miles and the battery health is fine.

Replacement ICE's aren't cheap either and aren't getting any cheaper, however batteries will only become cheaper.
View Quote
Wrong.

Those of us who remember what OPEC did to us in the 70s are dumbfounded at people doing the same thing only with the Chinese. Raw materials for li-ion batteries aren't mined here, I don't believe.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:52:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Don't care

Insta-torque makes it worth it for the LOLs alone.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:53:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
How much does a new motor cost on other cars that go 0-60 in 2.8 seconds?
View Quote

This isn't the motor.  Its the fuel tank.  Tesla has a motor as well.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:54:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

OK. But can you actually buy any of those parts?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Average electric vehicle: 1500 parts.

Average ICE vehicle: 10,000 parts.

Conversation over. Electric vehicles will dominate commuting in the next few decades.

OK. But can you actually buy any of those parts?
It's a highly deceptive comparison anyway.  Dollars to doughnuts the "part count" on the Tesla includes a large number of assemblies, made up of many many parts.  If one capacitor or resistor fails in a computer, chances are the part will need to be scrapped or sent off for refurbishment if cost effective.

Besides, the logic is faulty and presupposes that fewer parts = marketplace dominance.

Average Electric vehicle: 1500 parts.

Average Horse vehicle:  1 part.

Conversation over. Horses will dominate commuting in the next few decades.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:58:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Lol never paid more than $19k for a vehicle

I had a $15k new Toyota 4x4 I drove over 20 yrs

Currently drive a 2003 Tahoe I bought in 2010 for $9k

Being retired and enjoying life is so much better than owning a $50k money pit.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:58:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How much does a new motor cost on other cars that go 0-60 in 2.8 seconds?

It has motors that break essentially never.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:59:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

More likely that gasoline and diesel will be priced into oblivion. $10-20/gallon, through taxation and market forces. The number of fuel stations and availability will decline and 80 mile commutes will be unsustainable with ICE vehicles. You can keep you ICE vehicle, but can you afford to operate it? Most of us can't refine our own fuel. At that point people will have some decisions to make about where live and work and what they drive. Particularly those with jobs that require a physical presence.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Electric cars still not practical for most rural people, drive 80 miles to work (often being on call I have to drive 300 plus miles for work in a day), drive 30 miles to store, drive in subzero temps, icy and snowy roads where you commute time doubles or triples. Power at house goes down for a few days from an ice storm can't charge up car. Cars or trucks sitting out in subzero for a week at a time. Electric grid not capable currently to push power to everyone having electric car in the country. Car low on charge after work day and groceries in cold weather then an emergency and you car can't go cause it has to charge. The only way in the short term they will get rid of gas engines is to make a BS government mandate eliminating them by law. Fuck that.

More likely that gasoline and diesel will be priced into oblivion. $10-20/gallon, through taxation and market forces. The number of fuel stations and availability will decline and 80 mile commutes will be unsustainable with ICE vehicles. You can keep you ICE vehicle, but can you afford to operate it? Most of us can't refine our own fuel. At that point people will have some decisions to make about where live and work and what they drive. Particularly those with jobs that require a physical presence.
That's pretty much what he said.  $10-20 a gallon fuel prices can only be accomplished by wildly dramatic government action (or inaction if the US government doesn't preserve the nation as it's constitutionally charged to do).

If left alone and if life in this nation continues as it should and has for a hundred years, the market will never allow gas to get there.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:59:21 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm not an environmentalist of virtue signaler by any means, but I drive a Model S P100D and love it. Bought it for 2 simple reasons - it's FAST, and autopilot for those long hungover road trips. 3 years and so far nothing but a few minor issues that were fixed within a week while I had a loaner.

I've only lost 15 miles of range over 3 years and the degradation curves I've seen show most of the loss happening up front. When the time comes, I'd be fine paying $16k for upgraded battery technology, but I'm going to have the Plaid tri-motor in a year anyway. And probably a Roadster whenever it comes out with the SpaceX package.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:59:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Wrong.

Those of us who remember what OPEC did to us in the 70s are dumbfounded at people doing the same thing only with the Chinese. Raw materials for li-ion batteries aren't mined here, I don't believe.
View Quote

china isn't a big provider of lithium or nickel.
we have pretty good reserves, but not as cheap to get as from Australia/Chile right now
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:01:09 PM EDT
[#30]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty sure people living in Manhattan don't leave their cars at gas stations either.

People that have garages or parking garage spots can charge them there. For people that street park only, can take an hour each week to charge up? Just like getting gas, it just takes a little longer.

And the question is............WHERE???

You want to go to some "electric plug in station" and spend an hour there each week???

At a gas station?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/138374/20201126_121026-1702610.jpg
Looks great being the only one there...

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:01:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm not an environmentalist of virtue signaler by any means, but I drive a Model S P100D and love it. Bought it for 2 simple reasons - it's FAST, and autopilot for those long hungover road trips. 3 years and so far nothing but a few minor issues that were fixed within a week while I had a loaner.

I've only lost 15 miles of range over 3 years and the degradation curves I've seen show most of the loss happening up front. When the time comes, I'd be fine paying $16k for upgraded battery technology, but I'm going to have the Plaid tri-motor in a year anyway. And probably a Roadster whenever it comes out with the SpaceX package.
View Quote

I'll never forget seeing Rush Limbaugh test drive an EV after much cajoling by Jay Leno.

Rush just wouldn't shut up about how awful EVs are as a concept.

Then he got in, drove it around and got out saying, essentially.

"I'm a little freaked out how much I enjoyed that."
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:04:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Wrong.

View Quote

First of all, China doesn't control the raw materials for EVs.

Second, there is a huge difference between a (recyclable) stock that is used for manufacturing and a fuel. It's not like oil where if the flow stops all of the existing cars get grounded.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:06:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Average electric vehicle: 1500 parts.

Average ICE vehicle: 10,000 parts.

Conversation over. Electric vehicles will dominate commuting in the next few decades.
View Quote
I can buy four used mustangs for the price of one electric car.

And I bet overall maintenance cost will be lower and they will last longer.

Just drive one once a week and they will last a long time.

I still have a POS 94 convertible that still runs, was good until my daughter wrecked it.

Only paid $1500 for it and she drove it two years.

son paid $8k for his mustang until he flipped it.

It had 70k miles on it

Hell our 32 ford still runs as well

In my lifetime to include cars bought for my wife and kids, we have spent less than $100k on vehicles.

Buying new is a waste of cash like buying a boat.

If you want to spend money buy land, cars are terrible investments.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:07:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Okay, so how would YOU refer to already enacted legislation prohibiting the sale of new ICE vehicles after a certain date?
View Quote

This is the same communist plot that got lead paint and asbestos phases out
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:07:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
My wife's Prius is 10 years old with close to 90,000 miles and the battery health is fine.

Replacement ICE's aren't cheap either and aren't getting any cheaper, however batteries will only become cheaper.
View Quote

Where have you been the last 10 months?

Do you really think something that requires a while bunch of mined rare earth metals is going to become cheaper?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:08:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

We landed people on the moon and split the atom, but outlets on sidewalks are a bridge too far...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you can't figure out how to find a charging port near some restaurants where you can eat and charge for once or twice a week...

Or don't have a charger at work....

Or don't have your own parking area at home....

Maybe it isn't for you? Lol.

We landed people on the moon and split the atom, but outlets on sidewalks are a bridge too far...
I still think we're going about it all backwards. First should be the upgrade to the infrastructure that will be needed to support all this. Because yea an outlet cable of charging and electric vehicle very quickly at every parking spot does seem like a bigger problem than many people realize.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:10:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Not everyone wants to keep their vehicles until the wheels fall off.

If I didn't have a kid turning 16 soon my '14 RAM would've been gone yrs. ago.
View Quote
That sucks. My 2013 Toyota with 130,000 miles is still great. Looks and performs like new. I hope to have it for several years to come.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:11:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Even a commie clock is right twice a day.
I will never forgive them for the fucking gas cans though
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:11:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
That sucks. My 2013 Toyota with 130,000 miles is still great. Looks and performs like new. I hope to have it for several years to come.
View Quote
Drove mine for 24 yrs
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:13:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

If we went back to 1910 there would be many people saying the same thing about gas cars.
View Quote

Gas cars actually solved many of the problems inherent with horses as transportation.

Horses had to be fed and watered and cared for at all times, not only when you used them for trans.
ICE had much longer range than horses
ICE could be stored and field much quicker
ICE lifespan was longer and greater speed than horses
ICE were cheaper and could be produced faster than horses on a assembly line
Electric vehicles=horses
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:14:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Elon is not driven by environmentalism, hes going to Mars and there is no dino oil to burn there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Battery technology and charger availability will never improve!

Elon is not driven by environmentalism, hes going to Mars and there is no dino oil to burn there.
When I'm looking to buy an offroading vehicle for my vacation on Mars, I'll probably be looking at electric.  In the meantime, I don't feel like being a part of his R&D team.  I have my own business to worry about, and if you are thinking that this stuff isn't being driven by the religion of environmentalism, you are whistling past the graveyard.

When the tech is ready, people will readily adopt them.  We won't have condescending pricks on AR15.com telling us we are too stupid or boomerish to appreciate where things are with EVs on January, 27th, 2021.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:17:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I worry with dumbasses like Biden at the helm it might be reckless and chaotic though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I definitely don't disagree that the government will find new and creative ways of fucking up the process.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:17:15 PM EDT
[#43]
I don't think I'll ever own an electric car. It just doesn't really satisfy a need for me. However, I could easily see where it would satisfy alot of needs for alot of people. And I think as technology advances, alot more people will see the advantages.  Tesla is pushing for a million mile battery pack. When they get there it will be a game changer. Again,  not for me. These are the future. Ice will always be around.  But look at chainsaws,  weedeaters and even lawnmowers.  All available in electric.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:19:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Do you regularly see every gas pump at every gas station with a car at it?

I generally see about 1/4 to 1/3 of pumps taken up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Electric Cars' range are quickly catching up to ICE range.

And charging times are coming down as well.

Even if it takes 6 times longer to charge...

How often do you see EVERY gas pump taken up at a Sheetz?

God help us...........

Do you regularly see every gas pump at every gas station with a car at it?

I generally see about 1/4 to 1/3 of pumps taken up.
Then why do they have so many pumps? For something that takes less than 5-10 minutes to fill? Maybe because of anticipating demand or if there's a problem with one or more or something?

What's the anticipated demand if your vehicle needs an hour at one of those spots?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:21:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

My concern would be manufactures pushing that charging/discharging range more and more in an attempt to claim higher mileage.

Just like with cellphones. Apple could easily restrict the charging/discharge range to better protect the battery but they want to advertise longer use times.

ETA: That's how Tesla used to change their range. You bought the exact same vehicle and they just enabled or disabled the feature. I don't know how it is now with some of their newer stuff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He didn't say it was "like new", he said it was "fine".  He's probably right.  I had a 2005 Prius for 12 years and amassed 243k miles on it.  Aside from the fact that it was nearly maintenance free (oil changes, tires, one new set of brake pads at 200k, one new lead acid aux battery at 180k) the main battery was fine.

Toyota engineers smartly figured out a way to take care of the NiMH battery during its use so that its livespan is every long.  In short, it never charges more than 80% and never discharges less than 40%.  I am less familiar with the first gen Prius, but he didn't claim he had that generation.  Unless I missed it, in which case I apologize.

I bet you don't do that with your smartphone.  Some people drain their smartphone batteries all the time and then complain that they don't get good battery life.  That's the best way to kill it.  Taking care of the battery properly will lengthen the lifespan dramatically.  That's also the nature of chemistry.

10 years old would make it a 2010 or 2011 model which is probably Gen 3.

I'm a tinkerer.  I love it when I can tweak my stuff to match my intended use.  I'd welcome a way to override the smarts built into the system in one way or the other.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:21:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I still think we're going about it all backwards. First should be the upgrade to the infrastructure that will be needed to support all this. Because yea an outlet cable of charging and electric vehicle very quickly at every parking spot does seem like a bigger problem than many people realize.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you can't figure out how to find a charging port near some restaurants where you can eat and charge for once or twice a week...

Or don't have a charger at work....

Or don't have your own parking area at home....

Maybe it isn't for you? Lol.

It cant really work like that, most people are not going to pay extra now for a future capability.  It will take rolling blackouts in most cities before they actually fix anything.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:23:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay, so how would YOU refer to already enacted legislation prohibiting the sale of new ICE vehicles after a certain date?

Guns, too.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:26:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Don’t know much about electric cars, but living in NJ road salt/ brine destroy cars. Also living by salt water doesn’t help. So my question is would how will electric cars hold up in the long run in states with adverse weather cycles or atmospheres? Aka salty roads and ambient air
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:27:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

They didn't build all the gas stations and refineries needed before we had gas cars.

The number of gas stations and ICE infrastructure grew with the number of ICE cars.

The same will be true of EVs.

This issue is not an issue.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:29:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Don't know much about electric cars, but living in NJ road salt/ brine destroy cars. Also living by salt water doesn't help. So my question is would how will electric cars hold up in the long run in states with adverse weather cycles or atmospheres? Aka salty roads and ambient air
View Quote
Same as it is now. California will have clean 50 year old cars with no rust and factory paint. New York won't.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top