Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:55:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Check with school, 7 year olds say and do a lot of stuff that turns out to be nothing, but a little discreet checking is warranted
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:55:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Doesn't a crayola gun get you a reeducation these days?   Rat out the kid and send him to camp.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:56:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Pretend to be a liberal transgender. Post it on facebook. Create a GoFundMe and put your child through collage. Turn this frown upside down.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:02:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Go fuck his mom?
View Quote
I did that preemptively. A "just in case" kind of thing.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:04:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Draw a picture of what you'll do to him if he does?
View Quote
I think I muttered something about stomping him him a new mudhole. "Daddy, you can't do that. He's only 7."

Wanna bet?
Quoted:
Talk to the school
View Quote
Borrrr-ing
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:06:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Red flag the kids parents?

You need to go talk to the school. Today.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:08:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

They're 7

View Quote

Quoted:
They are 7.  Do nothing.
View Quote
My simple thought process is as follows: this school year is fucked up enough without the poor kids having to be subjected to threats of graphic and very specific murder by their classmates, regardless of age.

Old enough to draw a gun and a body in a pool of blood, and threaten to come to another kids house at night and murder them? Old enough to get in some level of trouble for doing so.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:09:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

So you've diagnosed the kid as a sociopath from cyberspace.
View Quote

I didn't say anything about the kid, let alone make a diagnosis.

I said sociopathy has no regard for age.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:10:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Don't take it lightly! Talk to the school and the police. Something might be going on in his home and he could even have access to a gun.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:12:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I wouldn't get too worked up over it.
View Quote

I sure as shit wouldnt ignore it either...
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:13:14 AM EDT
[#11]
I predict that even numerous complaints to the school will yield zero meaningful results. Do it anyway and document, see if other parents are having similar issues.

Protective order in juvenile court to force them to move the kid is the next step. And it will work, but it’s a pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:14:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I doubt the school will get involved. liability issues.
View Quote
Isn't it the other way around? If they do nothing about the threats, and then the kid does something, then they're on the hook.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:15:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

They're 7

View Quote

Does the kid have access to an unsecured firearm? Does the kid have the ability to make it go bang? Does the kid understand it's not like TV?

I'm guessing one of the answers is NO... do you think yes on the other two is a problem?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:15:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Red flag him so he can never own a gun.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:15:35 AM EDT
[#15]
This thread is hilarious. “Call the police”, “get a lawyer”, “get documentation”.

If it bothers you email the teacher. Expect nothing to come of it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:16:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Jesus.

That might be a tad extreme, but I definitely but the "might" in there on purpose
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:16:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Not everyone shares your value system and morals.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/walmart-stabbing-police-crime-teenagers
View Quote

Not just morals...

https://nypost.com/2021/01/21/toddler-fatally-shoots-5-year-old-cousin-after-finding-gun-in-home/
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:20:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

What do??
View Quote

Pick up a folding chair and hit yourself in the head with it until you understand that it's unloving and reckless and foolish to send your kid to the government schools.

After that, the next step will come to you.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:20:45 AM EDT
[#19]
I’d contact the school so it’s documented. If something were to happen you don’t want to be accused of knowing about it and not reporting it. Today’s societies and all.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:21:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Isn't it the other way around? If they do nothing about the threats, and then the kid does something, then they're on the hook.
View Quote

Lol. They have free lawyers and pretty good immunity.

It’s a game of chicken with school admins. They’re afraid of getting dragged into court either way. If they send the bad kid off, they’ll get sued by the entitled mom under the federal alphabet soup of education laws. Double if the kid has some snowflake diagnosis. Quadruple if he’s a racial/ethnic minority.

If you take out a PO against the kid and subpoena them all to come explain why they have done nothing despite 87 complaints, they’ll chicken out and agree to move the kid to some other school where he’ll become some other classroom’s problem.

This isn’t speculation on my part.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:22:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Love that common-core math!

If I had read that while taking a sip of my tea I would have spit it all over the monitor...

(I'm definitely gonna steal that and use it somewhere...)
View Quote

Works on your retirement savings too..  

you have $4M in your 401k =$4,000,000 which is 4 and a lot of zeros, so you really have $4.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:23:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
This happened to my daughter, last year (4th grade). The boy was/is very troubled. He had his own aide and the school "assured" us they'd handle it.

Instead of going crazy, we made it clear to our daughter to stay away from him. Stay away meaning to never be w/in 10ft and not to converse. A lawyer friend of mine drew something up and sent it to the school, just so we had a legal timeline. Kid soon started bothering other kids. The Covid shutdown took the kids out of school so it ended. My wife and I met w/ the superintendent and principal, at the end of the year, to make it perfectly clear that that kid would never be in another of my daughter's classes.

We'll see.
View Quote
I think this is the way to handle. I'd like them separated (they currently sit at the same four-kid desk) at absolute minimum. I'm not certain about trying to get him pushed completely out of the class yet, see below.
Quoted:
What do you know about his parents?

If they are trash, best to take it right to administration.

If they aren't call them and tell them what's up.
View Quote
I don't know his parents. Not what the story is about, but my kid tested into an advanced program before she started K, and now she and this small group will stay together until 6th grade.

Consequently she's not even going to elementary school we're districted for, or however you'd say it. So while I know numerous kids parents from our neighborhood, I don't know many who live farther away and attend this other school.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:25:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:Apparently this little budding shitbird in her class drew a picture of himself with a gun and her body laying on the ground with blood around it
View Quote

By the way, is the kid's name Jeremy?

You ever heard that rhetorical question 'do you want me to draw you a picture?'? HE DREW YOU A PICTURE.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:25:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The school would sweep that under the rug...

TGE- I would talk to the school and go from there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Plant drugs in the kid's backpack.

You're absolutely right. I talked to one of our buddies this AM and he semi-jokingly suggested calling CPS on them and letting the whole family enjoy riding that little tornado.

But nah, I think the principal is the ticket and that's actually exactly where we started.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:25:48 AM EDT
[#25]
You guys talking about going to the teacher or principal are living in the 1950s. They won’t do shit and won’t even discuss the other kid with you, because they’re not allowed to. Nothing will be done.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:27:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Pick up a folding chair and hit yourself in the head with it until you understand that it's unloving and reckless and foolish to send your kid to the government schools.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What do??

I guess you haven't been reading GD the past few years. Homeschooling is for weirdos only

My other option is a religious school which I'm not a huge fan of, but that may still actually be the ticket.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:27:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Go fuck his mom?
View Quote

FPNI with style
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:30:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You ever heard that rhetorical question 'do you want me to draw you a picture?'? HE DREW YOU A PICTURE.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:Apparently this little budding shitbird in her class drew a picture of himself with a gun and her body laying on the ground with blood around it

My understanding is that the kid also bit the recess ladies hock. Several disturbing parallels here.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:30:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I guess you haven't been reading GD the past few years. Homeschooling is for weirdos only

My other option is a religious school which I'm not a huge fan of, but that may still actually be the ticket.
View Quote

I'll die on this hill: Homeschooling is the prime method of education that worked perfectly well for the vast majority of human history. Government education is the grand experiment, and it is a spectacular failure, in some part, at least, because the program must take every child sent their way. At home you only have to take your own kids. The private school can pick and choose its pupils/customers. The government school has to take 'Jeremy'.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:30:57 AM EDT
[#30]
“Anybody tries to kill you, you kill them right back”
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:37:50 AM EDT
[#31]
My friend Walter will be happy to go with you and talk some sense into the kid.

The Big Lebowski - Is This Your Homework Larry? Scene (9/12) | Movieclips
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:38:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Pretend to be a liberal transgender. Post it on facebook. Create a GoFundMe and put your child through collage. Turn this frown upside down.
View Quote

Not sure why more people aren't doing this.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:39:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What do??

My kids thrive at school compared to me trying to teach them.

I understand that some areas have complete shit for schooling, but our district isn't so bad.

I graduated with both teachers my kids have, can always get ahold of them with questions or concerns, most people in the community are good people and as a result send decent kids to school.

The speed at which my kids learn with actual teachers teaching them vs me trying to do it is ridiculous. I'm a contractor, not an educator.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:39:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Lol. They have free lawyers and pretty good immunity.

It’s a game of chicken with school admins. They’re afraid of getting dragged into court either way. If they send the bad kid off, they’ll get sued by the entitled mom under the federal alphabet soup of education laws. Double if the kid has some snowflake diagnosis. Quadruple if he’s a racial/ethnic minority.

If you take out a PO against the kid and subpoena them all to come explain why they have done nothing despite 87 complaints, they’ll chicken out and agree to move the kid to some other school where he’ll become some other classroom’s problem.

This isn’t speculation on my part.
View Quote

This guy gets it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:40:55 AM EDT
[#35]
"Someone tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!"
-Mal
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:42:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I'll die on this hill: Homeschooling is the prime method of education that worked perfectly well for the vast majority of human history. Government education is the grand experiment, and it is a spectacular failure, in some part, at least, because the program must take every child sent their way. At home you only have to take your own kids. The private school can pick and choose its pupils/customers. The government school has to take 'Jeremy'.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Homeschool the way some people do it is certainly not the norm.

Look at a lot of primitive people around the world still. The kids all get kind of wrangled up and distracted with the grandparents watching them until they are old enough to learn how to work, then they start to go out and learn those skills with either parent, along with all the other kids and their parents doing the same work.

Now homeschool groups, that's another story, that seems to be more on the mark.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:42:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:43:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

My simple thought process is as follows: this school year is fucked up enough without the poor kids having to be subjected to threats of graphic and very specific murder by their classmates, regardless of age.

Old enough to draw a gun and a body in a pool of blood, and threaten to come to another kids house at night and murder them? Old enough to get in some level of trouble for doing so.
View Quote

Depends on your state but, most states in the US do not allow a child under the age of 10 to be charged with a crime.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:44:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Probably should have put this in Team.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:48:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
You guys talking about going to the teacher or principal are living in the 1950s. They won’t do shit and won’t even discuss the other kid with you, because they’re not allowed to. Nothing will be done.
View Quote

Yep.  Went through this with a shit-bird that was putting his hands on my daughter on the bus.   After one incident she pushed him and the bus driver came down on her.  We at least got them to review the footage and agree that he assaulted her but of course zero-tolerance for both.  I made sure her time at home was fun.   They would not tell us anything other than "appropriate steps will be taken".  You'll not get anything else out of them if they have good lawyers.  

In the end we went and talked to the kid and his Dad.  Told him that kids are kids but from now on his kid needs to keep his hands off of her and that if he didn't we'd be getting the legal system involved to make it more formal.  All that needed to happen to avoid all that was for him to leave her alone.  I seemed to work.  He didn't sit behind her anymore.  Honestly, I figure we had a 30/70 shot on that as the kids are usually shit-heads for a reason.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:56:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Deal with his dad.

True Detective season 2: Colin Farrell beats "Ass-pen" father
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:56:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
You're absolutely right. I talked to one of our buddies this AM and he semi-jokingly suggested calling CPS on them and letting the whole family enjoy riding that little tornado.

But nah, I think the principal is the ticket and that's actually exactly where we started.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Plant drugs in the kid's backpack.

Yeah, I'm on the boat of kids being kids but let the school know and go from there.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:56:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Call the FBI?

I  would probably talk to the school and send emails to create a record.
Making a papertrail tends to make people do stuff to CYA.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:59:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Edited, warning sent ~ medicmandan
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:59:38 AM EDT
[#45]
is the boy's name Ass-Pen?

ETA Beat 4x over!!!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:00:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I doubt the school will get involved. liability issues.

You both could be correct.  School sweeps it under the rug, then when the kid does something they try to throw OP's kid under the bus.  Seen it happen.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:02:24 AM EDT
[#47]
I’m going with the fuck his mom option.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:03:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Dont let her watch Game Of Thrones.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:03:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I understand that some areas have complete shit for schooling, but our district isn't so bad.
View Quote

Lol. You’re one key retirement or school board election away from a complete 180 on that.

Again, voice of experience here.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:05:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Snitch and get him into an asylum.
View Quote

Snitch?
Really?
You have kids?
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top