Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:33:52 PM EDT
[#1]
If they were smart they would have put that whole untaxed u/i into the market instead of giving gov an interest free loan.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:49:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Tax withholding is one of the worst schemes in our history.

Everyone should have to pay quarterly taxes out of their bank account.
It is good that people are getting a small taste of what the government actually does to them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There are sooo many people on the local facebook groups crying about this right now. I don't know how much time I spent beating the thought of withholding taxes into their heads in April/May but those dumbfucks wouldn't listen. Wouldn't be surprised if the government waives taxes on the unemployment money before April 15th.

It is good that people are getting a small taste of what the government actually does to them.

I agree but not quarterly. If we keep tax day in April then we should have primaries on May 1.

Illinois offered to withhold 10 percent federal and 4.5 state on the unemployment so I went with it. I've been 1099 for years so I'm used to setting aside part of my earnings but this is something different for me and I didn't want to screw up. My work is a bit sporadic so I never paid quarterly. The last few years I haven't seen a penalty for not paying quarterly.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:59:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I had them withhold for Federal taxes, but I couldn't get them to withhold the state taxes from my unemployment, despite trying several times and calling directly. One of the unemployment reps even told me that they weren't able to process the state tax withholdings because they were in such a rush to get the unemployment stuff set up because of the huge wave of claims that they didn't have the capacity to set up the state tax withholdings. I mean, really? Like WTF? How do they normally handle state tax withholdings for unemployment claims during not a global depression caused by a pandemic?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:07:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Should I wait to do my taxes until there's an executive order to exempt unemployment income?
View Quote

California is currently trying to figure out a way to pay off the back rent of people that haven't paid for more than 6 months.
So yes, there will probably be another tax-payer-fucking rule change.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:11:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Wife got a 1099G by fraud.  For some reason she got a debit card for it this summer.  I filed a fraud claim, state government did nothing about it and sent her a 1099 on a card that was never activated.  Spent most of yesterday trying to get that shit straightened out.  Happened to a lot of people in this commie state.
View Quote

California admits at least 10% of their Emergency payments were fraudulent. So the real number is probably closer to 25% fraud.
The money was stolen my illegal aliens, Nigerian fraud groups and even the omnipresent russian hackers scored billions of dollars in fraudulent payouts.

Yet the Feds/state fucked me out of over $1000 on my last check. (and kept my first one!)

If you play the game straight - you're a fucking sucker.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:14:15 PM EDT
[#6]
My wife got hers yesterday
Elected to have taxes withheld
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:14:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Awesome!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:15:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Fraud is widespread. HUGE. Rampant. Billions of dollars that is just gone. ID thefts are crazy. Hell, most states didn't even check anything, just auto-approved all claims because there were so many. I've seen claims that were filed by teenagers as young as 14 for jobs they never had. Nobody checked. Paid thousands of dollars. That's money's gone.

Forget welfare. This pandemic has been the impetus for the largest wealth transfer in history.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wife got a 1099G by fraud.  For some reason she got a debit card for it this summer.  I filed a fraud claim, state government did nothing about it and sent her a 1099 on a card that was never activated.  Spent most of yesterday trying to get that shit straightened out.  Happened to a lot of people in this commie state.

Fraud is widespread. HUGE. Rampant. Billions of dollars that is just gone. ID thefts are crazy. Hell, most states didn't even check anything, just auto-approved all claims because there were so many. I've seen claims that were filed by teenagers as young as 14 for jobs they never had. Nobody checked. Paid thousands of dollars. That's money's gone.

Forget welfare. This pandemic has been the impetus for the largest wealth transfer in history.

Our government is pathetic when it comes to protecting the citizens.
ID theft is rampant, millions of people get their tax refund stolen/hijacked by illegals with stolen SSN's- but no one ever seems to care. Millions of dollars in refunds are sent to a single address- and the gov never seems to find the blatant fraud. Frankly, it's embarrassing. It almost seems like if you aren't cheating- you don't know how to play the game...

I say we hold bejing biden responsible for alllof it and lay it in his lap.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:16:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

And they'll naively believe that it's the IRS.

They never call.  They only send letters - usually too late to avoid paying massive penalties and interest.
View Quote

This is incorrect information.  Field collection is not doing field calls at this time. Most of the posts of duty are still closed due to COVID-19.  Revenue Officers are most definitely calling people on the phone and scheduling meetings by phone.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:33:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yep.

We are well beyond honor, integrity, "pulling your weight". I have been raped by the government way too long and way too hard. It is time to take every last fucking free dime BACK that I can get.

Anybody who doesn't see that probably still thinks we should fight fair and play nice with the leftists in this country.

You best wake the fuck up.
View Quote

FINALLY!!! SOMEONE GETS IT!!!

[Outro]
We're fucking you back
Fucking you back
We're fucking you back
Fucking you back

- Pantera 25 years
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:36:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Plenty of people in Ohio who never filed for unemployment are finding 1099Gs arriving in the mail.  

At least here the whole PUA was overwhelmed with fraud.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:48:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The same idiots will have strokes when their student loans are paid by the govt. That shit counts as ordinary income at tax time.

Its gonna be hilarious when Shaniqua gets her Anthropology degree paid off for $50k, then goes wild spending all the cash she used to put towards her loan. Then come next April, when she is told she owes the IRS $20k in taxes, she'll be shocked and confused and demand reparations from the oppressive government led by whitey.
View Quote

And Beijing Biden will give it to her.

-and your kids won't get any money for college.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:50:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

.  So while I've been fighting the state to get that mess cleared up, I'll have another fight soon with the Feds on having to pay taxes on benefits that I didn't collect.

View Quote

Pfft...welcome to paying child support.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:52:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Personally I believe there should be no withholdings throughout the year.

Then come tax time everyone must make the payment due.

Hilarity will ensue.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:56:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Self employed, was down for a couple of months, filed UI since IL waived the penalty to your experience rating.  I didn't have taxes w/held on purpose.

I always pay at year's end and I like it that way.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:04:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Hilarity will ensue.
View Quote

If by hilarity you mean large numbers of buildings burned to the ground, then yes.

Not that I would condone such a thing.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:05:24 PM EDT
[#17]
on the hook for 21k
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:07:09 PM EDT
[#18]
I always have taxes taken out the few times I collected the unemployment INSURANCE.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:12:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

If by hilarity you mean large numbers of buildings burned to the ground, then yes.

Not that I would condone such a thing.
View Quote
Yea...well.... hopefully it wouldn't be just the local target.

It would probably be the only way to get some significant change.

People have to learn responsibility and accountability.
Maybe make an account to save for tax day. It might also have people demanding lower taxes and lower spending.

Or not. Whatever.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:15:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm a slightly worried about this. My employer received two separate unemployment notices from the State in my name. Both instances were refused, but the State really didn't respond. I can imagine a couple people out there received state bennies that I will somehow be responsible for. I am also paranoid...so there's that.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:39:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There are sooo many people on the local facebook groups crying about this right now. I don't know how much time I spent beating the thought of withholding taxes into their heads in April/May but those dumbfucks wouldn't listen. Wouldn't be surprised if the government waives taxes on the unemployment money before April 15th.

Well personally I’d prefer the FAIRTAX, but if we are doing it as income tax, I’d agree. It would force people to think about it more and complain more about government spending.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:42:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Got mine today.

I expect to pay a few k in.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:44:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

People would definitely have a different outlook on the government if they had to repeatedly write their own check.  I worked for a company that at least sent you a total compensation statement at the end of the year where they laid out how much they paid in taxes and health care insurance on your behalf.

I like the quarterly idea, but think we should tie at least one payment to the first Tuesday in November.
View Quote

Or one payment the day before the first Tuesday.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:46:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Merica' were we tax tax dollars.  Fuck yeah!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:46:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Most people on unemployment are Libtards.

I hope they get reamed.
View Quote

Ummmmm.  No.  I know many associates within the specialty metals industry three are on unemployment.  Any product containing Ni, Cr or Ti for aerospace, oil and gas or power generation markets has been devastated.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:55:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Government: "Here, have a stimulus check."

Also government: "Looks like some of that free money we gave you is taxable. Give your stimulus back."
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:55:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Hilarity will ensue.
View Quote

Would make the Jan 6 “Storming” of the Capitol look like high school kids rushing the football field after a big victory.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top