Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:35:29 PM EDT
[#1]
What’s funny is the ghetto thugs won’t go through background checks.  They are trying to screw the non-criminals.  Will be interesting if LA, MS, and AL comply with any of his bs.  GA is a lost cause and FL probably following.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:59:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I guess I'll catch major shit for this but.......I think private sales of firearms should go through an FFL to help prevent criminals from obtaining guns. It's 20 bucks and 15 minutes of your time.

But I will admit I don't know how significant the number of illegal private sales there actually are or if the data even exists.

I guess I'm about to get flamed pretty hard but it always seemed reasonable to me.
View Quote

fuck that noise...
reasonable isn't in the 2A.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:09:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Yet they had 26K National Guard come to protect them from people taking selfies in the capitol building, while they coward on the floor.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:16:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Trump derangement syndrome has seriously warped some people here....

while democrats have long had a history of pushing gun restrictions, and even awbs with clinton.....

tds afflicted people believe, because of the banning of bumpstocks

any gun control from now on by dems is Trump's fault  

View Quote

It's warped some on both sides. Deranged always Trumpers and deranged leftists are a mirror image.

Trump did not just ban bump stocks, and fostechs, and honey badgers, and attempt to ban pistol braces... He set precedent on a president being able to dictate new law by directing 3 letter agencies to reinterpret established law that has recently been reaffirmed in the courts. Trump was a leftist who opened many new doors for the left. Many Americans were fooled and then fooled again to vote for him. We're going to be occasionally thrown a bone by other Trumps (leftists with r next to their names) winning the presidency.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:22:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:23:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
UBC is unenforceable without registration
View Quote

You miss the point.  It’s to force de facto registration.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:25:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:27:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Fuck those that did not vote for Trump because "of my toy bumpstock".
View Quote
You are welcome. Now the GOP will actually have to defend your rights instead of coasting
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:27:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Fuck those that did not vote for Trump because "of my toy bumpstock".
View Quote

Hah.  The voters didn’t decide this election.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:37:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I guess I'll catch major shit for this but.......I think private sales of firearms should go through an FFL to help prevent criminals from obtaining guns. It's 20 bucks and 15 minutes of your time.

But I will admit I don't know how significant the number of illegal private sales there actually are or if the data even exists.

I guess I'm about to get flamed pretty hard but it always seemed reasonable to me.
View Quote

I know that freedom is scary, but I don't think FFL transactions should require a background check because it doesn't stop criminals from getting guns anyway. If they can't be trusted to live in society then why were they let out of prison?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:42:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:50:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
  I don't live in MD. What now?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
More like $65+ in my neck of the woods.
That is the problem.  mokerr gets to feel good, but a dealer can choose to charge what ever he wants because of "muh overheads".  What will the fee be?  Why do we need to pay a fee to exercise our rights?  Do you pay a fee to go to church?  What if the only dealer in your town doesn't want to do it at all?  What if you don't even have a dealer in your town?  

Same with banning on line ammo sales.  Dealers can then charge whatever they want for their retail sale.  How about lets add some back ground checks to ammo sales so mokerr can feel even more goodly.

This shit never stops.  They always take more.  What do we get?  Nothing but tyranny and expense.

The MD state police is required to do handgun transfers for $10, the cost of the state background check, at any barracks.  

Holy fuck, you'd think you asked for a free Bentley at the DMV when you attempt it at some places.

Or you can pay $10 to the state plus however much the dealer wants to fuck you ($40-75) for a face to face.

Kharn

The law requires the state police do handgun transfers for the cost of the background check, some barracks hate doing them and are complete assholes.
Or you can pay an FFL their transfer fee, plus the same state background check fee, for a better experience.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:55:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The law requires the state police do handgun transfers for the cost of the background check, some barracks hate doing them and are complete assholes.
Or you can pay an FFL their transfer fee, plus the same state background check fee, for a better experience.

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
More like $65+ in my neck of the woods.
That is the problem.  mokerr gets to feel good, but a dealer can choose to charge what ever he wants because of "muh overheads".  What will the fee be?  Why do we need to pay a fee to exercise our rights?  Do you pay a fee to go to church?  What if the only dealer in your town doesn't want to do it at all?  What if you don't even have a dealer in your town?  

Same with banning on line ammo sales.  Dealers can then charge whatever they want for their retail sale.  How about lets add some back ground checks to ammo sales so mokerr can feel even more goodly.

This shit never stops.  They always take more.  What do we get?  Nothing but tyranny and expense.

The MD state police is required to do handgun transfers for $10, the cost of the state background check, at any barracks.  

Holy fuck, you'd think you asked for a free Bentley at the DMV when you attempt it at some places.

Or you can pay $10 to the state plus however much the dealer wants to fuck you ($40-75) for a face to face.

Kharn

Kharn

It was rhetorical question. I can do FTF in MS. LGS usually charge $20.00 for a transfer from an online retailer but I have never done one on a FTF. I would tell any commie that wanted to buy/sell to me under those terms to fuck off and find another buyer/seller.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:00:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Lets close the liberal judge "Catch and release" Loophole. That's the real problem these are repeat felons.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:04:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
When  you do it here I'm not sure it goes in the FFLs book so there's not record-I think

whoops they are supposed to keep a separate record
View Quote

Are kidding me?

When an FFL goes out of business they digitize the submitted records (even though they are prohibited currently from building a database).

ALSO....ATF will take photos of 4473's that take their interest and take images of your bound book and other records during an industry inspection/audit.

For a group of folks specifically prohibited from creating a database of firearms owners that is exactly what they are doing.  The ATF claims otherwise but in federal court they pull up the records in nothing flat.

The Department of Just-Us has never had a problem with an agency cheating, they just have a problem if the agency gets caught cheating....

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:07:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It can be done but background checks without gun registration is the opposite of the plan. The entire plan is gun registration. It's the first most important step.
View Quote

Lol, people keep saying this, but miss the bigger picture that background checks are the registration scheme. We just haven't seen every increment of it yet
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:28:27 PM EDT
[#17]
What about the stolen gun loophole?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:38:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Not all FFLs will do background checks if you didn't buy the gun from them, or they charge outrageous prices. $40 and $50 isn't uncommon but I won't do business with those that charge that much.  Pawn shops won't and the big box stores like Cabelas and Sportsmans won't do background checks either.  It's so F'd up here that you can't even let a friend borrow your gun to go hunting.  If you're going to be out of town for an extended period of time, you can't legally leave your guns with a friend without doing a background check and transfer.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:55:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Let me make my opinion perfectly clear..

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:20:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Lets close the liberal judge "Catch and release" Loophole. That's the real problem these are repeat felons.
View Quote

So much that.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:55:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Just move to a free state
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:27:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
What about the stolen gun loophole?
View Quote

They are going to say you have just explained why all guns must be in a safe. They are already saying there needs to be a law.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:30:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

bigger picture that background checks are the registration scheme.
View Quote

Exactly that. They are going for gun registration, while calling it universal background checks. And a bunch of people are believing them.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:40:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Unless I am missing something you cannot do that without congress.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:42:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I couldn't care less about paperwork and safe storage and even the tax stamp thing is doable.
To me the line is crossed is if we stop online sales of ammo and firearms because that will end the hobby for good.
OK I revise this: Pinning stocks and magazines Commufornia style would also piss me off :-)
View Quote

how on earth is this doable? most people i know would need a loan just to pay the taxes on their mags
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:15:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Hmmm.. I seem to have a new found interest in CNC machines, jigs and 3D printing...
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:18:38 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

"Aside from expanding Telemedicine in the state, Abbott said he wanted to ensure that all Texans will have insurance coverage for preexisting conditions and expanded on his views on gun control in the state.

“The third, is a free-er Texas, let me expand on this: We want to basically erect a fortress that will ensure that Texas will be governmentally protected in a way that safeguards the core liberties that we are supposed to enjoy,” Abbott said during the presentation.

Abbott said that he believed it was essential to secure the core liberties for state residents expressed in The U.S. Constitution.

“We talked about this a little bit in the way that we approached the last session, where we passed this constitutional amendment safeguarding your taxation situation to make sure you would never subject to an income tax, Abbott said. “I want to achieve that same thing with regard to your constitutional rights. For example, I want to make sure that Texas become a Second Amendment Sanctuary State, so that no government official at any level can come and take your gun away from you, despite those people that say ‘heck yes we’re going to take your gun away,’ we’re going to say ‘heck no you cannot take people guns away in Texas.’”

I may start to like him again if he follows through. (and does something about the illegal alien invasion and the human trafficking)
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:20:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Background checks for all sales have done so much to keep guns out of the hands of criminals here in California.
View Quote

Next maybe they can figure out where all that mexican tar heroin and fentanyl is coming from...
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:22:20 PM EDT
[#29]
I want to close the “Elected official not following the constitution” loophole.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:24:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

REPORTED!!!

Are you sure you're on the right site??

JFC
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:31:26 PM EDT
[#31]
This is for all you white crackas'....as I'm sure ghetto goblins and those hell bent on mass shootings will get in line to comply. No racial or political targeting here...
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:36:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I know that freedom is scary, but I don't think FFL transactions should require a background check because it doesn't stop criminals from getting guns anyway. If they can't be trusted to live in society then why were they let out of prison?
View Quote

This nails it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:03:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

fuck that noise...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

fuck that noise...

Reasonable...doesn’t play into it.  You may think it’s reasonable to own a luxury car, I may not. I may think it’s reasonable to have an ammo fort, you may not.  Not everyone agrees on what is reasonable, it’s too gray.  Just look at society, what is considered reasonable has drastically changed in the last 10-20 years.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:21:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

We’re you born in Texas, or just recently move there?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:39:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Join date, post count.

Switzerland is nothing like America. Demographics and culture are COMPLETELY different.

More babies aborted daily than kids shot accidentally in the USA. Why aren't we fixing that?
View Quote

Umm...because there are plenty of cheap replacements for them...
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:43:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Laughs in Californian....

All this shit becomes enforceable and enforced as time goes on.
When your solid 2A sheriff gets outspent 20-1 by a Soros backed, deep pocketed, handpicked "special" person and wins, it starts being enforced.
When the culture of the department changes under that sheriff, it will be enforced.
View Quote

THIS IS WHAT IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW!

weeps in Texan
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:52:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Unenforceable.
View Quote

Tell that to the FFL that isn't going to risk his livelyhood by selling you a used $200 handgun.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:53:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Absolutely. Never was about crime. That would be an easy problem to solve.

View Quote

Defund welfare!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:04:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The only reason the fed govt had the authority to mandate background checks by FFLs is because of the Commerce Clause. A president has no legal authority to mandate background checks for private sales by EO
View Quote

Exactly... it’s like signing an EO stating that people aren’t allowed to use toilet paper or some bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:11:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

There might be a few flyover Dems who NRA could influence, but mostly the Ds are so radical now they wouldn't want NRA help.
View Quote

The problem is that now the population and the power are all concentrated in the cities. At some point the large cities will control the entire state- just look at Texas as an example.
Weak people can't live on their own, or they require constant distraction from their crappy life, so they flock to the cities.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:13:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I join you because I support things that make sense.
Same with safe storage - works in Switzerland why shouldn't it work here ?
Once you do the required paperwork in Switzerland you can buy a brand new MP5 full auto right from the factory. All of this without politics, mass shootings or idiots that let their kids play with guns.
I'm sure the same folks that whine about the right to voice an opinion are already getting the pitchforks and torches ready - bring it on :-)

View Quote
You will need to learn to speak the language fluently. Switzerland awaits your arrival.....
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:16:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
He can't do that, otherwise FBHO would have done it already.

FJB
View Quote

Correct, Article 1 section 8 only gives Congress the power to regulate interstate commerce and background checks are addressed in legislation. EOs do not override issues addressed in legislation.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:16:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

So you openly admit to being an enemy of the 2A.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:19:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Better get your double barrel shotgun now
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:26:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It's warped some on both sides. Deranged always Trumpers and deranged leftists are a mirror image.

Trump did not just ban bump stocks, and fostechs, and honey badgers, and attempt to ban pistol braces... He set precedent on a president being able to dictate new law by directing 3 letter agencies to reinterpret established law that has recently been reaffirmed in the courts. Trump was a leftist who opened many new doors for the left. Many Americans were fooled and then fooled again to vote for him. We're going to be occasionally thrown a bone by other Trumps (leftists with r next to their names) winning the presidency.
View Quote

LOL your kind won't be happy til Trump's head is on a pike.

Your kind might get it's wish then you can rub one last one out for old joe.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:34:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
He can't do that, otherwise FBHO would have done it already.

FJB
View Quote

Gun violence is a pandemic. Would you like a lockdown over it?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:36:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Fuck 'em. Laws don't mean shit anymore. Just pick and choose the ones that matter to you.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:38:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Didn't Suzy blame all the Chicago murders on a video?
View Quote

No she blamed the siege and murder of our Ambassador on the video.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:48:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

THIS IS WHAT IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW!

weeps in Texan
View Quote

Weeps in Virginian.

Our state is not the last state. Our state is a stepping stone. They are working their plan.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:51:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Fuck 'em. Laws don't mean shit anymore. Just pick and choose the ones that matter to you.
View Quote

I would argue that laws which violate the constitution are not valid laws. Following the highest law in the land is not violating the law. Politicians and the cops they employ probably don't agree.
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top