Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:02:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Still in stock. I guess with exponential increase in gun, ammo, magazine, body armor, optic, and night vision purchases made over the past few months, there are millions of maxed-out credit cards right now.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:04:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Which world do you live in?
When Biden gets rolling on his gun/ammo bans you’ll see at least twice the current rate for ammo.
View Quote

^^^ This ........
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:05:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Just wait'll Joey signs an XO to tax all ammunition
...and sends out some more Cruna Bux
View Quote

Rumors are out there that military type of ammo will be banned outright by this new commie Congress and president.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:06:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
All I want is .22LR, but neckbeard boomers have fucked that up.... again.
View Quote

When you say “again” it tells me you aren’t catching on.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:11:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
A buddy sent me this last night, I think it was around $1950 at the time. He guessed, and I agree, that it's likely shill bidding to further drive the panic.

$0.45/primer? I just don't believe it.
View Quote

At component prices like that, why even reload?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:17:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Rumors are out there that military type of ammo will be banned outright by this new commie Congress and president.
View Quote

ug, nothing will surprise me from all this.

where do you get that from?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:20:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Ammo prices will only increase and it’s a hard pass from me on any IMI stuff.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:21:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

ug, nothing will surprise me from all this.

where do you get that from?
View Quote

HR 127.......click on the title box (the text is not out yet).
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:23:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
FPNI

the ammo shortage is just getting started

View Quote

Agreed, if sleepy joe actually passes and AWB it will get nuts.

And if he passes any kind of tax on ammo or online sales restriction there will be no ammo available and ANY price, it will be worth its weight in gold.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:24:13 AM EDT
[#10]
80 CPR will be looked back on in 4 years as the good old days. for .22lr.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:24:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You know guys, if you dollar cost average your ammo, it makes it not seem so prison-rape level expensive.  
View Quote

Or just live, learn and next time its $0.30 a round stack that shit deep. You have been in the gun long enough to know how this works. I started shooting in 08' I had to learn the hard way then and in 12', i know better know.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:26:34 AM EDT
[#12]
I agree OP.  In fact, the naysayers here who don't believe that should put their money on it if they believe it's not at peak, as they could buy it at that price and resell it later.  Since that ammo isn't moving, that means that even those who would buy to resell it aren't confident that they could make money on it.

I also think that we're seeing ammo sales calm down, which means that people are unwilling to pay the current exorbitant prices which will allow manufacture to catch up and we will gradually see it on store shelves again, which will further calm down people.  Eventually, prices will drop.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:27:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Dunham's sports, Academy sports, and the LGS would say otherwise.  

I looked last night, just to see how bad it had gotten and ammo shelves and gun cases were absolutely stripped of anything you'd want.  

A few boxes of uncommon rifle ammo and off brand handguns were about the only things left.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:27:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I am at $.67 and no takers.
View Quote

You must live amongst poors
I sold 600 223. Yesterday for $450
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:27:43 AM EDT
[#15]
If you think prices are high now wait until Biden and his accomplices enact legislation banning anything gun related. Prices will skyrocket regardless of supply.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:28:57 AM EDT
[#16]
We're sorry, IMI Ammunition 5.56x45mm NATO 55 Grain M193 Full Metal Jacket Boat Tail Case of 1200 (40 Boxes of 30) cannot be added to your cart, because it is not available at this time.
View Quote

guess I'm too slow for that sweet 95 CPR
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:36:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
They might be willing to buy a few boxes here and there, but not want to shell out $950 for 1200 rounds all at once. I'm sure it'll be gone in a few more days anyway.

I felt bad paying $600 for one of those cases last Fall.
View Quote

Trump's impeachment is going to tie up the Senate for months. Coupled with Biden's extremely slim margin in the House, I am confident that nothing is going to happen.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:41:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Dunham's sports, Academy sports, and the LGS would say otherwise.  

I looked last night, just to see how bad it had gotten and ammo shelves and gun cases were absolutely stripped of anything you'd want.  

A few boxes of uncommon rifle ammo and off brand handguns were about the only things left.
View Quote

That's because they never raised prices. If it flies off the shelves at 25cpr and doesn't sell at $1/round then the actual market price is somewhere in between.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:41:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A buddy sent me this last night, I think it was around $1950 at the time. He guessed, and I agree, that it's likely shill bidding to further drive the panic.

I don't know if that auction is legit or not, but even at that level of insanity for primers, 9mm could be produced for less than 60 cents per round if you have fired brass and $25/lb powder on hand. 9mm jacketed bullets are out there and available for 10 -11 cents each.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:42:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Attachment Attached File

OP is retarded. The price has leveled out, but it's not going down significantly any time soon.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:43:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Wolf 300 blackout is finally available and everyone wants $2/rd for it.    

Just this morning I ordered nickel plated Underwood 300blk for less than what steel cased Wolf is going for.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:44:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Wait for them tax “refunds” and stimulus checks
View Quote

This.  That'll wipeout any inventory that remains.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:45:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

9 cents powder, 10 cent bullet, 45 cent primer, assume brass is free.

I mean, I guess if you consider your time is free, then you're still getting potentially "match-ish" quality ammo at 64-ish cents/rd which beats out current retail pricing. But yeah I'm with you, no way in hell I'm paying anything like 45 cents/primer. That why I believe that auction was shilled up.

Same seller had another 5k case that ran up crazy high like that too. Nah.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:47:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Trump's impeachment is going to tie up the Senate for months. Coupled with Biden's extremely slim margin in the House, I am confident that nothing is going to happen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They might be willing to buy a few boxes here and there, but not want to shell out $950 for 1200 rounds all at once. I'm sure it'll be gone in a few more days anyway.

I felt bad paying $600 for one of those cases last Fall.

If you're that confident, then sell all ammo and reloading components purchased during the salad days that you won't need for the next 3 years. The House is sure to flip during the 2022 election and ensure no new gun legislation for at least 2 more years. Use the profits to stack even deeper in 2023 and 2024.

I've thought of doing that myself, but I'm not that confident.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:47:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
You know guys, if you dollar cost average your ammo, it makes it not seem so prison-rape level expensive.  
View Quote

Yea, if you bought enough 15-20 years ago and stacked it deep like some did.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:49:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The way I understood that video was he said they’ve made more ammo this year than in any previous 99 years the company has been in business. Lot of difference in that and saying the last 99 years combined. I could be wrong, maybe he did say that but that’s not how I took it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That Remington video the other day said they made more ammo in 2020 than in the combined 99 years of the company.

I wonder how much total ammo was sold on the civilian market in 2020.

4 or 5 billion rounds?

Anybody have a link to this vid?

The way I understood that video was he said they’ve made more ammo this year than in any previous 99 years the company has been in business. Lot of difference in that and saying the last 99 years combined. I could be wrong, maybe he did say that but that’s not how I took it.

This is correct. I thought the other way at first also, because the way he was wording it made you think that. I think he said it like that on purpose. But if you actually listen specifically, it’s more ammo this year than “any other year”. Not all years combined, that would be some feat.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:52:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
IMI 5.56 at midway $.79 cpr

Add in tax and shipping and you’re around $.86 cpr, but it’s been available all day, and no one is buying.
View Quote

Not gonna be anywhere near peak until an AWB is proposed, debated, voted on by one or both houses of Congress.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:55:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Can't sustain these prices forever.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:55:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because the bulk of the components I have are over a decade old. I won’t worry about replacing them until supply and prices normalize.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:59:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
we’re not even to the point of a gun control bill being introduced in the house
View Quote

This is where I think we’re at.

We won’t see the peak prices until a couple gun control bills are defeated.  Look how long it took .22LR to return to normal prices and availability after Sandy Hook.  

I’d like to think we’ve seen the worse, but I don’t think we have.  More people today think a civil war is extremely likely compared to the times of ammo panics before.  This is an entirely different animal.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:59:57 AM EDT
[#31]
This party is just getting started. What, we are like 6 days in?

Pfff, we are going to get fundamental transformation good and hard.

Between the Capitol and the next thing ( false flag, “work place violence “, whatever) they will go for the whole enchilada this time.

We also learned that RINO’s aren’t even a thing and we truly have a uni party of corrupt politicians ready to fuck us over instantly.

Pepper thy Angus gentlemen
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:00:11 AM EDT
[#32]
70 Cents per for the worst 9mm ever produced.

lets see how long it lasts...

and a hotlink for anyone that wants it

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:05:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Sales have gone dark here, but I still get the occasional new gun owner who wants a couple boxes.

https://floridaguntrader.com/index.php?a=5&b=420
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:06:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Can't sustain these prices forever.

https://i.gifer.com/Fesy.gif
View Quote
I tend to agree. We'll have to hit a point eventually where all the new panickers have filled up their forts, and people will be buying to shoot again. Not many people can afford to shoot much at $1/rd, thus prices will finally fall.

Problem is the recalled fear is going to take years to wear off. Even assuming all the stores shelves filled up every night and ammo was marked at pre-panic pricing, how long before we quit buying a box or two every single visit "cuz 'member back in '20 and '21?"

Multiple years, even without our fucked up federal government deliberately stoking the panic flames.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:07:12 AM EDT
[#35]
The taxes are coming my friends. I was in Walmart the other day. Everything picked clean except for a dozen of the 100 pack winchester 12 ga #7.5 clay shooting shells for $22. I’m thinking of buying them to teach my 8 year old how to shoot. I have a feeling you won’t find these anywhere starting spring when people get outside to start clay shooting.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:10:31 AM EDT
[#36]
lol....it's not going to get better anytime soon.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:18:19 AM EDT
[#37]
No one can say to what extent, but I'm confident it gets worse before it gets better.

If prices stay elevated long enough, people will come to view it as 'normal'.
I don't think you'll see .30/rd 5.56 and .15/rd 9mm for at least 3 or 4 years.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:21:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Lines down the block for ammo yesterday morning, lol.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:24:05 AM EDT
[#39]
If you guys think it's going to get worse, then you should be buying that IMI ammo (which is good quality) at $0.79 CPR regardless of how much ammo you currently have.

The fact that it isn't sold out yet is very telling.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:30:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
If you're that confident, then sell all ammo and reloading components purchased during the salad days that you won't need for the next 3 years. The House is sure to flip during the 2022 election and ensure no new gun legislation for at least 2 more years. Use the profits to stack even deeper in 2023 and 2024.

I've thought of doing that myself, but I'm not that confident.
View Quote

Its not confidence; the votes are not there. Biden's margins are 10 and 1. He needs 60 in the senate, and 51 to overturn a filibuster.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:30:37 AM EDT
[#41]
My LGS bought 2k M193 from me for $0.65/rd.  Sold it all in 24hrs.  Called me wanting more.  I don't feel comfortable selling any more, but dang....
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:31:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Midway had over 700 boxes yesterday about 1500 CST according to their sales team. It first went on sale yesterday morning.

So, they probably sold over 1000 boxes if not 2000 boxes of 1200 rounds. That's a lot of ammo.

Hope I'm not kicking myself for not buying later...
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:33:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
My LGS bought 2k M193 from me for $0.65/rd.  Sold it all in 24hrs.  Called me wanting more.  I don't feel comfortable selling any more, but dang....
View Quote

Increase to $0.75 a round. I’ll be selling a case of 9mm this week at that price. Well, maybe...I may just keep it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:35:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
If you guys think it's going to get worse, then you should be buying that IWI ammo (which is good quality) at $0.79 CPR regardless of how much ammo you currently have.

The fact that it isn't sold out is very telling.

View Quote

Que? Looks sold out to me
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:37:10 AM EDT
[#45]
I wonder how many people have (or will) just quit shooting because of the price of ammo?
Not everyone can pay a dollar a round.
And others just aren't going to pay it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:41:11 AM EDT
[#46]
IMI ammo is sold out now...  lol.

This isn't:  https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1022879585?pid=128669
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:44:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I tend to agree. We'll have to hit a point eventually where all the new panickers have filled up their forts, and people will be buying to shoot again. Not many people can afford to shoot much at $1/rd, thus prices will finally fall.

Problem is the recalled fear is going to take years to wear off. Even assuming all the stores shelves filled up every night and ammo was marked at pre-panic pricing, how long before we quit buying a box or two every single visit "cuz 'member back in '20 and '21?"

Multiple years, even without our fucked up federal government deliberately stoking the panic flames.
View Quote

WalMart brought out ammo the DAY AFTER Trumps inaguration.  Some people bought it, some did not.  After a while people (roundabouts here anyways) didn't pay attention any more and kinda forgot about it.

Now the shelves are straight dusty.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:46:43 AM EDT
[#48]
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1022879585?pid=128669&;utm_medium=shopping&utm_source=ammo-seek&utm_campaign=128669
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:00:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
If you guys think it's going to get worse, then you should be buying that IMI ammo (which is good quality) at $0.79 CPR regardless of how much ammo you currently have.

The fact that it isn't sold out yet is very telling.

View Quote

Your post has been overcome by events. The information that would be useful, but we will not have is how many hundred thousands of rounds Midway sold at that price. That had to be a shipment of some 1 million rounds +
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:01:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I wonder how many people have (or will) just quit shooting because of the price of ammo?
Not everyone can pay a dollar a round.
And others just aren't going to pay it.
View Quote

A LOT.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top