Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:41:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I didn't get into Elder Scrolls until Oblivion came out.  Although I do distinctly remember seeing The Elder Scrolls (1) in the gaming store at the mall and really wanting it badly, but my puny 386 couldn't run it.  

I got totally spoiled by Oblivion.  I tried to go back and play Morrowind, but the graphics were a big step back, and not having spoken dialogue was painful to go back to.  Also moving around was soooo slooooow.  Felt like I was always slogging through knee-deep mud.  The dialogue and the slowness were what killed it for me.  I could have lived with the graphics.

I do hope that a remaster using a more modern engine does get completed, because I have read that Morrowind is an excellent game, and I do want to play it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:44:05 PM EDT
[#2]
On occasion.

I’ve bought it three times, if they released a co-op version of the game I’d buy it again.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:45:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I still play, and am really excited waiting for Skywind and Skyblivion.

But I've been waiting for years.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:56:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Nord Meade!
Miracle of Sound: Nord Mead (Skyrim)
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:56:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I just got into Skyrim a few months ago, and I'm totally addicted now.  This was after playing Fallout 4 most of last year.  Love both of them, although I found Skyrim to be much harder when I was at the lower levels.  Kept getting my butt kicked in melee battles, but now I have decent armor/enchantments/weapons so I can hold my own.  I got the Special Edition for Xbox One, and I didn't even know Dragonborn was a DLC until I got well into it.  That BASTARD Miraak kept showing up, even off Solstheim, and stealing my hard-earned dragon souls, so I had to go take him out just on sheer principle.  My 14 year old daughter is addicted to it to, so we have something in common to bond over now.

I'm a heavy armor, sword/shield/bow Kahjit.  I still bust out the spells occasionally, mainly for Fast Healing, Fire, or Ice Spikes.  I've killed Alduin, but taking it easy thru the rest of the game.  I expect it to keep me interested for a long time.  Nothing better than picking a direction and just start walking, to see what I run into.  I haven't even been to the left side of the map yet, and I'm probably 80 hours in.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:57:43 PM EDT
[#6]
wabbajack, wabbajack, wabbajack!
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:01:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I break it out every now & then. I have it running on my 360 & Xbone.

Been a couple or three years since I've checked on mods. I wonder what is out there.........
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:06:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I play it through every year or so. I alternate imperials or Nords. I end up with a sneak archer build every time.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:08:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I've been so bored lately I might actually play it again. Is the remastered edition worth it? Or is the original better? Are there graphical improvement mods? I wish there was a raytracing mod hehe.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:12:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Lots of improvements to the SE version, for graphic/coloring I use Rudy’s cathedral ENB.
And yes, there is a ray tracing mod (or two) for SE.
Here’s one...
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/38432
Check out Nexus mods for Skyrim SE, I think you’ll be amazed at what’s out there.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:13:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yep. Still playing it but I've moved on to VR and quite simply this is the way Skyrim was meant to be played.

With appropriate mods, you can basically eliminate using your menus with exception of inventory management.  A new mod was released last week call the HIGGS, which gives you the ability to pick shit up off the ground and physically put it in your backpack.  MageVR allows you to draw your spells like Dr Strange, physically pick locks like in RL, VRIK gives you a body and sheaths for weapons so you can draw them off your body.  Dragonborn speaks naturally allows you to shout your shouts, or speak to NPCs.

Shit is great fun!

ETA: I forgot about the weapon throw mod!  Shit is crazy!
View Quote

That’s tempting.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:14:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Play Enderal. It's free on Steam.

(Skyrim mods turned Skyrim-based 'game.' Fully voiced, full new map, LOTS of quality play hours, more immersive plot of a higher quality that Skyrim even had.)

Need to have the correct version of Skyrim, but then Enderal is free.

ETA: And full AMAZING soundtrack.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:23:15 PM EDT
[#13]
I play off and on on 360. Recently got into Restoration loops so my 30 something mage has a ring that makes all Destro spells cost no mana, a necklace that does the same for Resto and I can carry 4,000 lbs of stuff and still run. I also gave Mjoll crazy enchanted health and armor pieces because I may or may not have hit her with Marked for Death a couple times, which has no time limit.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:37:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Skyrim - "Macho Man" Randy Savage - Dragon Mod
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:39:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That’s tempting.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep. Still playing it but I've moved on to VR and quite simply this is the way Skyrim was meant to be played.

With appropriate mods, you can basically eliminate using your menus with exception of inventory management.  A new mod was released last week call the HIGGS, which gives you the ability to pick shit up off the ground and physically put it in your backpack.  MageVR allows you to draw your spells like Dr Strange, physically pick locks like in RL, VRIK gives you a body and sheaths for weapons so you can draw them off your body.  Dragonborn speaks naturally allows you to shout your shouts, or speak to NPCs.

Shit is great fun!

ETA: I forgot about the weapon throw mod!  Shit is crazy!

That’s tempting.

Dude its simply amazing.  The VR makes dragons feel like their about the size of dump trucks, and surround sound on your ears makes them sound like someone is trying to stuff a stegosaurus up a T-rex's ass.

Flailing around in your room swinging your swords, or raising your shield, or doing some brittney spears choreography to cast a spell to the uninitiated gamer looks like pure lunacy.  But with the goggles on, you feel like you're really in battle, and about as badass as you can imagine.  And yelling Fus Ro Dah, well sometimes I'm still surprised when my wall is still standing after taking the goggles off

I'm playing a sword-n-board paladin type character right now, and wrecking shit burns some calories.  Playing it pancake style you can play all damn day, but in VR where playing is excising, I've got about 2 hours in me before I need to take a break.  Which is perfect because that's about how long the batteries last in my wireless vive.

I also play using an app called Natural Locomotion with full body tracking, so your character won't move unless you physically walk in place.  most nights I play I walk about 4-5 miles in my basement
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:47:36 PM EDT
[#16]

"Want to make a statement snap into a Slim jim!"

Skyrim - Thomas the Tank Engine Mod (HD)
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:58:03 PM EDT
[#17]
If they ever get multi player worked out I will be back.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:10:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Multi-plauer mod for Skyrim? What the fuck? Didn't Bethesda already ruin The Elder Scrolls and Fallout with Multi-Player? There was absolutely no need for a Multi-Player mod for Skyrim.

Having said that, I've been kicking around the idea of restarting Skyrim and also downloading the Skyblivion total conversion. I've also wanted to download the Fallout: New Vegas total conversion The Frontier.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:35:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Multi-plauer mod for Skyrim? What the fuck? Didn't Bethesda already ruin The Elder Scrolls and Fallout with Multi-Player? There was absolutely no need for a Multi-Player mod for Skyrim.

Having said that, I've been kicking around the idea of restarting Skyrim and also downloading the Skyblivion total conversion. I've also wanted to download the Fallout: New Vegas total conversion The Frontier.
View Quote

Ruined?

The skyrim multi mod is true drop in coop, no fallout 76 nonsense.

Its basically LAN even like good old Diablo 2 or Dungeon siege, So you keep and bring all your own equipment and everything  As well as going off the hosts player level

Its not perfect but it is improving greatly

@TheTallest
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:38:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Ruined?

Its basically  LAN even

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ruined?

Its basically  LAN even

I haven't kept up on the multiplayer mod, I thought it was shitcanned because one of the devs developed a really bad case of butthurt over money or some shit.

Are you using it LP?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:39:45 PM EDT
[#21]
I fired it up for my kids

Still playing the same level 87 high elf with all skills maxed to 100.

Not sure how I had all the time to max every single skill.

Anyway, still running around and killing frost trolls and bears with my bare hands.

The kids like it when I decapitate bad guys with the sword
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:43:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I haven't kept up on the multiplayer mod, I thought it was shitcanned because one of the devs developed a really bad case of butthurt over money or some shit.

Are you using it LP?
View Quote

Not yet,  Still waiting for it to be perfected

Unlike the old versions and such and previous attempts it's very easy to download and use

Skyrim Multiplayer is Now Thriving (Sort of)
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:45:09 PM EDT
[#23]
They ruined ESO and 76 by taking a ton of stuff out to accommodate multiplayer, FO4 or Skyrim with the ability to play with 1-3 friends would be epic!
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:45:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I miss it sometimes, but it’s a huge time sink. Arfcoms bad enough.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:54:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Probably on my 5th playthrough. ALWAYS as a khajiit. This time with bow AND max 1handed. Also got smithing and enchanting up to 100 finally. I play on xbox, so looking to get into the vr on my next playthrough with my new computer. But i also re activated my eve account, so there is competition for what i play when i have the time now.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:11:12 PM EDT
[#26]
You guys HAVE to try it with the Ordinator mod.  It adds quite a bit to the various play styles.  The thievery and stealth stuff it adds is amazing.. not sure I’d play it again without.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:22:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
You guys HAVE to try it with the Ordinator mod.  It adds quite a bit to the various play styles.  The thievery and stealth stuff it adds is amazing.. not sure I’d play it again without.
View Quote

I'm using it.  Its pretty good, but sadly some of the melee skills dont translate well in VR.

But the archery tree is phenominal
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:27:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Ruined?

Its basically LAN even like good old Diablo 2 or Dungeon siege, So you keep and bring all your own equipment and everything  As well as going off the hosts player level

@TheTallest
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ruined?

@TheTallest

Multi-player has no place in The Elder Scrolls or Fallout.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:23:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Character in question

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:33:01 PM EDT
[#30]
If I'm thinking right I had 208 hours on that game. Got to the point I was just roaming, looking for something, anything to do. Got attacked by a dragon about every 4 minutes. Killed them with a few hits, went back to roaming a few more minutes. Felt like the Cylons were after me, but they showed up after a whole 33 minutes.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:38:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Playing rdr2 online and going to switch back to Skyrim soon for another playthrough.

Last time i completed it was before online
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:47:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Spent many hours maxing out archery and two handed.  I could one shot most all enemy's with crossbow while sneaking and had a hammer, can't remember name of that could one shot most enemies. Had multiple houses filled with special weapons and armor on display racks
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:00:56 PM EDT
[#34]

And then there’s characters/followers that I would like to post pictures of, but would at least get me a warning.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:13:27 PM EDT
[#35]
You've got a lot of time on your hands, don't you?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:14:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
You've got a lot of time on your hands, don't you?
View Quote

two married guys that were born with controllers in their hands and no kids?

yeah, id say so
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:18:50 PM EDT
[#37]

Is that the emperor's head thing and barmaid dress on a kajit?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:24:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Is that the emperor's head thing and barmaid dress on a kajit?
View Quote

barmaid dress yes, and thats a alchemy circlet

also have a amulet of dibella on but it clips with the dress
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:28:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

marmaid dress yes, and thats a alchemy circlet

also have a amulet of dibella on but it clips with the dress
View Quote

Lol that's so weird. Got to get the guild masters hood. This may have prompted me to make a fat as possible female orc, with barmaid dress.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:30:36 PM EDT
[#40]
I literally almost started a new character today.

Guess I'll do it tomorrow
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:30:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Lol that's so weird. Got to get the guild masters hood. This may have prompted me to make a fat as possible female orc, with barmaid dress.
View Quote

lol that would look so silly
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:35:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

lol that would look so silly
View Quote

Wait is kajit female? Honestly I haven't played high elf mage, probably will give that a go.

Idk if it's weird or not but I only play female characters. I try to make them hot as possible and sometimes will try to look at their underwear, I guess that's normalish.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:38:51 PM EDT
[#43]
You need an ENB if you don't have one installed.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:45:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:45:36 PM EDT
[#45]
I play Skyrim modded on PC, vanilla on Switch and XB1 and vanilla on 360 originally.

That said OP is getting a little too in depth with his characters for my taste. Backstories? Fuck.

It's ok though LP do your thing.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:56:59 PM EDT
[#46]

Ohhh yea!  

RIP Macho Man
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:34:20 PM EDT
[#47]

what did you think I of all people would make?

some naked elven sneak archer whore? lol no

i will go with a Homely Domestic Breton raised Khajiit lady, i mean shes a believer in Dibella anyway so she can charm anyone

... now my male characters? well, thats a bit different

@Notcalifornialegal
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:35:29 PM EDT
[#48]
lol this is so true, dang auto tracking, staring right at you and still dont see you

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:40:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Heck, I’m still playing Morrowind.

Salt Strider fast travel, very little handholding, levitation, gods, just.....amazing.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:51:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top