User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:46:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You'd have to be delusional to think they don't know what they're doing with these cases, and will expose their own fraud.  LOL

At best this signals that Dominion is quite sure they've covered their tracks and/or nothing will blow back on them.  They clearly think they've got a slam dunk case against Giul. and co...

Seeing how off the rails Giuliani was, they're probably right.
View Quote

Lots of companies with more money and smarter attorney's than Dominion thought the same thing. Lots of bigger boys ended up getting prison love from judges and juries.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:47:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

That isn't how any of this works.  The claims, made as fact, have already been made.  Now Giuliani has to prove his statements were factual and show what evidence he already has.  Rudy can't just make a claim and then gets to investigate everything about a company to prove he is right.  Lin Wood and Sidney Powell already said they had mountains of irrefutable proof and Rudy parroted the claims they made.  

Otherwise situations like this could happen, it is purely a hypothetical and not a real claim I am making.  I make the claim that Colt636 is liar, a thief, and scamming people.  Colt636 sues me for defamation.  Then I get to demand Colt636 gives me all his bank account transactions, emails, and text messages so I can prove me my case.  

Rudy, Lin, and Sidney better hope they already have a mountain of irrefutable proof as they are goin to need it.
View Quote

They'll just use the proof they already filed in their election fraud cases, that the judges refused to look at!

Oh wait, Lin and Sidney filed cases with an anonymous affidavit and hilariously bad Time Cube level "analysis" of election data as their evidence. Defense filed exhibits refuting their analysis. They got BTFO because their evidence sucked.

Rudy on the other hand wisely never alleged in court filings that Dominion cheated the election. While that's probably good for his chances of keeping his license, it's bad for his chances of claiming he simply didn't know any better than to take Russell Ramsland and the Q Crew at their word about Dominion conspiracies.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:49:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This guy gets it!!!
View Quote

This isn't a criminal trial and lots of rules about evidence do not apply.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:51:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I think it's mainly a fear generator. It shows that if you dare challenge the narrative, you will be sued into oblivion. I would venture to guess they will push for a settlement, and no matter what, not let it go to discovery. The case would be dropped before that.

Much like the fear generator ongoing from the Capitol protest. The bad actors were obviously staged and literally led into the Capitol building. Yet everyone else also present is being hunted down and examples being made out of.

Points are being made. Obey, wear your mask, stay in your house, collect your free money, and don't talk back. Or else.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I think it's mainly a fear generator. It shows that if you dare challenge the narrative, you will be sued into oblivion. I would venture to guess they will push for a settlement, and no matter what, not let it go to discovery. The case would be dropped before that.

Much like the fear generator ongoing from the Capitol protest. The bad actors were obviously staged and literally led into the Capitol building. Yet everyone else also present is being hunted down and examples being made out of.

Points are being made. Obey, wear your mask, stay in your house, collect your free money, and don't talk back. Or else.

Their CEO says they don't want to settle.

KING: It sounds like you want this to go to trial. You don't want a settlement. What you would like to see is a chance to air your grievances and a chance to tell the truth about your company.

POULOS: One hundred percent correct. A settlement does not even begin to address the damage that has been done to our reputation.

We'll see what happens.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:02:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

They'll just use the proof they already filed in their election fraud cases, that the judges refused to look at!

Oh wait, Lin and Sidney filed cases with an anonymous affidavit and hilariously bad Time Cube level "analysis" of election data as their evidence. Defense filed exhibits refuting their analysis. They got BTFO because their evidence sucked.

Rudy on the other hand wisely never alleged in court filings that Dominion cheated the election. While that's probably good for his chances of keeping his license, it's bad for his chances of claiming he simply didn't know any better than to take Russell Ramsland and the Q Crew at their word about Dominion conspiracies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That isn't how any of this works.  The claims, made as fact, have already been made.  Now Giuliani has to prove his statements were factual and show what evidence he already has.  Rudy can't just make a claim and then gets to investigate everything about a company to prove he is right.  Lin Wood and Sidney Powell already said they had mountains of irrefutable proof and Rudy parroted the claims they made.  

Otherwise situations like this could happen, it is purely a hypothetical and not a real claim I am making.  I make the claim that Colt636 is liar, a thief, and scamming people.  Colt636 sues me for defamation.  Then I get to demand Colt636 gives me all his bank account transactions, emails, and text messages so I can prove me my case.  

Rudy, Lin, and Sidney better hope they already have a mountain of irrefutable proof as they are goin to need it.

Rudy might not have put it in his legal documents but he publicly made the statements to press. He said multiple times Dominion stole millions of votes, they had a truck deliver fake ballots in Atlanta to cover up the votes that were changed.  

"Over the last week, we've learned of hundreds of thousands of votes and potentially millions that were stolen from President Trump because of the Dominion software"

Giuliani told Bannon, "Coleman has the community people and he's got the Dominion people. And they were the ones who were the actual, not poll watchers, the actual observers who were excluded, who were lied to, two of whom stayed behind after all the Republicans had left out and they're the ones who got the evidence of the 100,000 votes coming in. And they have some photographs also."
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:10:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

We'll see what happens.
View Quote

Sounds like they're going for the second wall.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:12:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
People are still falling for the "I defamed them so I could open up discovery" bullshit? Y'all should stop talking to hucksters. If that's how it worked journalists would just defame companies and individuals constantly and then use that to go on a fishing expedition. Discovery will grant Dominion to subpoena Rudy's emails and communications related to the defamatory statements though.

I thought we'd all realized Rudy was full of shit when the mystery laptops never materialized. Remember that? Remember the totally real laptops that rudy had and made copies of that disappeared into the ether?
View Quote

Wonder why Joe or Hunter never went after Rudy, Sean or Tucker over the Ukraine, China, sex or drugs stuff?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:17:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
People are still falling for the "I defamed them so I could open up discovery" bullshit? Y'all should stop talking to hucksters. If that's how it worked journalists would just defame companies and individuals constantly and then use that to go on a fishing expedition. Discovery will grant Dominion to subpoena Rudy's emails and communications related to the defamatory statements though.

I thought we'd all realized Rudy was full of shit when the mystery laptops never materialized. Remember that? Remember the totally real laptops that rudy had and made copies of that disappeared into the ether?
View Quote

What laptops? The ones that were in possession of the FBI?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:21:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yeah, I'm sure what ever corrupt judge dominion shopped for, and was granted will totally allow an actual discovery to take place.

ETA: Christ, some of you guys need a reality check.  The rules you are force to play by, are not the same rules they play by.
View Quote

At least some get it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:22:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Rudy might not have put it in his legal documents but he publicly made the statements to press. He said multiple times Dominion stole millions of votes, they had a truck deliver fake ballots in Atlanta to cover up the votes that were changed.  

"Over the last week, we've learned of hundreds of thousands of votes and potentially millions that were stolen from President Trump because of the Dominion software"

Giuliani told Bannon, "Coleman has the community people and he's got the Dominion people. And they were the ones who were the actual, not poll watchers, the actual observers who were excluded, who were lied to, two of whom stayed behind after all the Republicans had left out and they're the ones who got the evidence of the 100,000 votes coming in. And they have some photographs also."
View Quote

Oh, yeah, he didn't hold back when he was talking to the press or on his podcast or whatever. Or even talking to the state legislatures (not under oath). What I'm saying is that his reticence to make the same claims in court is being used by Dominion to imply that he knew the evidence wouldn't hold water, yet that didn't stop him from making those statements everywhere else.

Based on what I've seen of Giuliani's disregard for the truth, I expect him to lose. If he pulls some magic evidence out that for some reason he didn't use at any point so far but that actually validates his claims in court, that will be amazing. But I really, really, doubt it. And if he doesn't do that, he DESERVES to lose, and I hope they take him for all he's worth because I am angrier at a grifter and a liar who deceives my friends than one who deceives my enemies.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:30:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Which cases made it beyond procedural dismissals and were judged based on the merits?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:31:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

We'll see what happens.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

KING: It sounds like you want this to go to trial. You don't want a settlement. What you would like to see is a chance to air your grievances and a chance to tell the truth about your company.

POULOS: One hundred percent correct. A settlement does not even begin to address the damage that has been done to our reputation.

We'll see what happens.

Their bottom line won't be hurt at all with the plan for federal election standards.  I wonder which standards they will choose.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:32:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Good. Discovery will be a bitch.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:35:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Wonder why Joe or Hunter never went after Rudy, Sean or Tucker over the Ukraine, China, sex or drugs stuff?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Because the standard for defamation is higher for a public figure.

Or is the lack of a defamation suit supposed to be evidence of wrongdoing? Because if so I can start putting together a list of all the things opinion columnists and talking heads said about Trump that he didn't sue over. But we both know that that's not an indication that the slanderous statement was true, just that nobody felt like paying money to bring more attention to it before getting at best a retraction printed.

Quoted:

According to Rudy Giuliani. Well.damn he's never lied before or made a fool of anyone so surely those laptops or any evidence of their existence will appear any minute now.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:37:48 PM EDT
[#15]
So what's going to happen when during the course of the trial Giuliani's team proves to the judges satisfaction that the machines were rigged therfore it was not defamation?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:37:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Rudy, Lin, and Sidney wouldn't have put themselves into a position to be sued without having data to back up their claims.

In before one of the swamp water carriers laughs at me and calls shenanigans.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:40:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Has anyone else noticed that EVERY article about the election now refers to the "baseless" fraud claims? Just following the DNC  talking points memo yet again.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:41:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

We're they? Do we have a picture of them in FBI possession? A receipt?

Or are we reading tweets and just saying they're true because we like them?

The whole laptop saga is very bizarre in it's handling. If you have the info why use it to get someone's show? Why not drop it right away? Why try to mail it to a friend? What happened to it?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:43:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
An examination of machines in one county in Michigan already showed fraud. Discovery will allow the sample to be expanded.
View Quote

That's hilarious. You guys honestly think they haven't had time to scrub all their data by now?? There will be no evidence of fraud...

Come on man!
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:45:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Hope someone jotted down the software version that was on the machines during the election....

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:50:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's on Dominion to prove they lost 1.3 billion because of all this too though. You can't just throw out an arbitrary dollar amount...Both sides would seem to have a battle before them.

Not even a month in and 2021 is already a dumpster fire. It's only going to get worse....
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:51:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Which cases made it beyond procedural dismissals and were judged based on the merits?
View Quote

I was specifically referring to Wood and Powell's cases there.

Here are a few examples.
Note that the defense files their own exhibits including affidavits and expert rebuttals, and the judges take the time in their opinion to dismiss the plaintiff's cases on multiple grounds including likelihood to succeed on the merits.
I strongly encourage you to read those filings, such as this one. The evidence was not swept under the rug, it was addressed in filings.

Wood v Raffensperger | Judge's opinion that addresses standing, laches, AND insubstantial evidence

Fun fact, this is the case where genius Russell Ramsland listed precincts from MN and claimed they were in MI, making a name for himself as an expert who would go on to be referenced by Powell in her cases, and by Giuliani (not in court, but in media).

Pearson v Kemp | Dismissed, ruling was made from the bench following court hearing that was livestreamed
King v Whitmer | Judge's opinion that addresses standing, laches, AND insubstantial evidence
Feehan v WI Elections Commission | Judge's opinion that addresses standing, laches, AND insubstantial evidence
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:56:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Here are a few examples.
Note that the defense files their own exhibits including affidavits and expert rebuttals, and the judges take the time in their opinion to dismiss the plaintiff's cases on multiple grounds including likelihood to succeed on the merits.
I strongly encourage you to read those filings, such as this one. The evidence was not swept under the rug, it was addressed in filings.

Wood v Raffensperger Judge's opinion that addresses standing, laches, AND insubstantial evidence. Fun fact, this is the case where genius Russell Ramsland listed precincts from MN and claimed they were in MI, making a name for himself as an expert who would go on to be referenced by Powell in her cases, and by Giuliani (not in court, but in media).
Pearson v Kemp Dismissed, ruling was made from the bench following court hearing that was livestreamed
King v Whitmer Judge's opinion that addresses standing, laches, AND insubstantial evidence
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here are a few examples.

Wood v Raffensperger Judge's opinion that addresses standing, laches, AND insubstantial evidence. Fun fact, this is the case where genius Russell Ramsland listed precincts from MN and claimed they were in MI, making a name for himself as an expert who would go on to be referenced by Powell in her cases, and by Giuliani (not in court, but in media).
Pearson v Kemp Dismissed, ruling was made from the bench following court hearing that was livestreamed
King v Whitmer Judge's opinion that addresses standing, laches, AND insubstantial evidence

Interestingly, your third example still seems to be an active case and you just linked one order that was denied.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:58:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Interestingly, your third example still seems to be an active case and you just linked one order that was denied.
View Quote

By all means keep reading past that in King v Whitmer. Plaintiffs voluntarily dismiss the substance of the original case. The remaining filings are about disciplinary actions against plaintiffs for how bad their case was.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:58:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So what's going to happen when during the course of the trial Giuliani's team proves to the judges satisfaction that the machines were rigged therfore it was not defamation?
View Quote

Hell will freeze over, I'll take out a heard of Pigasuses with my duck gun, find a lotto ticket with an unclaimed mega millions win, and Joe Biden will declare a machinegun amnesty.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:05:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Evidence destruction completed.  Commence the lawsuit.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:09:48 PM EDT
[#27]
A corporation has to prove actually monetary losses in such a case. As Rudy said, they just made it easier for him to snoop through all their financial records and expose who paid them and who they paid off. Could be an interesting show.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:11:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Rudy is going to need a new lawnmower place for news conferences.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:18:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Today is the cleanest their code has ever been. Email has been purged. People have been paid. I guess it takes about 11 weeks to completely scrub a company.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:25:01 PM EDT
[#30]
The old good offense, is a good defense trick...the Demorat MO to fool the low information idiots in this country! F Dominion and their treasonous voting machines, and F Joa Bia Din!
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:36:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

It's on Dominion to prove they lost 1.3 billion because of all this too though. You can't just throw out an arbitrary dollar amount...Both sides would seem to have a battle before them.

Not even a month in and 2021 is already a dumpster fire. It's only going to get worse....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed, both will have to prove their case.  Dominion can point to any cancelled contracts as evidence and claim any new contracts that feel through are a result of that.  They would have a sales team whose job it is to know the projected company revenue and growth along with previous reports that would back those claims up.  Dominion can phone it in on the sales side and then show reduced revenue which they will blame on Rudy, Lin, and Sidney.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top