BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:29:34 PM EDT
[#1]
2015 you say......

2015 Sierra,  trans has been opened up 4 times now and still not fixed, wheel bearing ar 40k, radiator toast at 47k,  condenser leaking at 50k, vacuum pump at 60k, sharkfin leak at 63k, truck tried to burn itself down at 68k with an electrical fire in the door,  window motor had water leak into the connector at 73k,

And this week a collapsed lifter at 95k, two months outside of the powertrain warranty.  

More reliable my ass.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:32:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

While Toyota is made in America most of the parts and anything that has to do other than American labor comes from japan. I’ve worked at Honda, Toyota, and Ford. Ford uses the most made in America parts along with the logic, motors, etc (other than the robots which are fanuc). Ford is the most American made truck out there. Most of chevy and all of dodges trucks are made in Mexico.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My Tacoma was more American than my Dad's Chevy Truck.

While Toyota is made in America most of the parts and anything that has to do other than American labor comes from japan. I’ve worked at Honda, Toyota, and Ford. Ford uses the most made in America parts along with the logic, motors, etc (other than the robots which are fanuc). Ford is the most American made truck out there. Most of chevy and all of dodges trucks are made in Mexico.

Are you sure about that?  I'm not being a dick, but who the hell knows where ALL of the parts are made.  I used to know a guy, that i worked with, that claimed he assemble parts, that were partially assembled in Mexico, then shipped via train, then "finally" assembled in the good ole USA.

I know that is a lot of commas, and, and, and, whatever...  it goes to show my point that, who the hell knows where anything is "made".
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:34:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Don’t know or care about the cars but at least a Chevy pickup can ascend and descend a real grade without starving the engine for oil and  burning the fucker up. Toyotas are fucking junk.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:39:02 PM EDT
[#4]
A friend of mine just bought a chevy, I cringed when he told me he bought it, and then there was awkward silence
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:45:22 PM EDT
[#5]
LOL @ Gov Motors
even if they ever do anything that doesnt suck it will be so tainted with suck from the name synonymous with suck
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:46:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Don't know or care about the cars but at least a Chevy pickup can ascend and descend a real grade without starving the engine for oil and  burning the fucker up. Toyotas are fucking junk.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:51:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Huh?

My Tacoma drove in the Rockies, Sierra Nevada and Cascades.

Real mountains.... No issues.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:56:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
@ahnglw

Our last Ford ambulance blew up its engine this week.  Needs $18,000 for a new engine.  It will go to auction without a new engine and be replaced with a Dodge, which has saved us thousands of dollars each year in maintenance.
View Quote

Ford fleet vehicles are garbage.

Johnny Homeowner loves him his “Master race Ford” but “built Ford tough” makes me laugh
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:02:35 PM EDT
[#9]
My Dads Chevy has 250k. My buddies Silverado 350k. Neighbors over 500k. Non have had any major repairs. Belt changes, alternators, batteries, shocks, etc, but nothing you wouldn't expect. Maybe we've all been lucky, but I like Chevy.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:06:23 PM EDT
[#10]
That article is from two years ago.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:15:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Tell us more about the following 1st Gen Sequoia issues, Toyota........

- Rusted frames- At least they replaced frames.
- Airbag after airbag recall- Takata's FAULT
- "D" that doesn't illuminate- Just replace the bulb
- Rear door latch that doesn't work- It melts, just replace, I've done a few of them.
View Quote

At least toyota cares enough to do recalls.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:22:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Best part of that commercial was how astonished all the real people were to find out that, despite their reputation, a survey showed GM products supposedly weren't complete pieces of shit. They're all like, "you gotta be fucking kidding me, everyone knows Chevy sucks balls but now my mind is blown!"

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:25:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Mahk was right all along.
View Quote

J.D. Powah!
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:27:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
When you have to say you are better than “Brand X” you aren’t
View Quote

LOL this.  I always get a kick out of salesman who feel the need to bad mouth the competition's product.  It lets me know the salesman's product doesn't measure up, otherwise he would be telling me how awesome it is.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:29:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
LoL, Chevy.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:31:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

My tundra was made in texas, where are light duty silverados made again???  Mexico??? Some of us also choose not to support the UAW
View Quote

The 1/2 ton Silverado I drive was made in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:35:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
My 2004 Tahoe has been solid for over 250K miles now.  My Jeep Wrangler before that was also.
View Quote

6 Water pumps, 9 fuel pumps, 3 sets of intake gaskets, and 4 4L60's later tho.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:37:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

LoL, Dodge. However, since it’ll be rocking the tried and true Cummins.....MasterRace.
View Quote

...until the 68RFE in it takes a shit. ??
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:39:39 PM EDT
[#19]
I sold my American made Honda with 405,000 miles on the original engine and trans. A GM transmission would never go that far
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:15:52 PM EDT
[#20]
My 2013 Tacoma hit 130k on the way to work today.  It doesn't look new anymore, but it still rides like new.  No problems with it, 'cept for needing the windshield replaced for the second time (goddamn gravel trucks! )

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:21:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I've had 6 Chevy vehicles since 1995.  They have treated me like gold.
Not for 1 second would I take pride of ownership of a Japanese vehicle
View Quote
Sorry to bust your buffalo but GM is very much China, Canada, and Mexico.  Same with Ford.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:23:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

My tundra was made in texas, where are light duty silverados made again???  Mexico??? Some of us also choose not to support the UAW
View Quote
Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:33:46 PM EDT
[#23]
My work truck is a 2014 Chevy 2500

The parking brake exploded and filled the huh with metal chunks while going down the road, no one knows why.

Tail light assembly just split for no reason and water gets in it.

Door handle snapped off because I guess it is just for looks and not closing the door?

Headlights melt connectors regularly.

AC blower locked up.

Radiator decided to blow out and dump coolant.

Probably more, that's just off the top of my head.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:47:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
LOL!  You have had 6 vehicles in 25 years so about 4 years per vehicle.

My Japanese vehicles average 10 years of age and about 180,000 miles each and are gold.

Screw Chevy.
View Quote

Screw Chevy.   Eat it Toyota boy.

My 88 S10 Blazer is about to pass 300,000 miles.   Engine replacement last month.

Of course I  hate Chevy for the peeling rusting paint job.  Eat it Chevy.  I will not buy another of your turd cars.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:06:10 AM EDT
[#25]
oil consumption lawsuit
https://www.classaction.org/blog/final-approval-granted-for-chevy-equinox-gmc-excessive-oil-consumption-settlement

2nd Ignition-Switch Lawsuit
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a31965015/gm-settles-lawsuit-ignition-switch-car-values/

Vortec V8 Engine lawsuit
https://gmauthority.com/blog/2020/12/gm-hit-with-class-action-lawsuit-over-vortec-v8-engine-in-full-size-suvs-and-pickups/

Vortec motors used in GM SUVs and trucks, such as the Chevy Silverado, are plagued with oil consumption problems due to the faulty engine
https://www.motorbiscuit.com/the-engines-in-chevy-silverados-were-engineered-to-fail-class-action-lawsuit-claims/

Lawsuit Over Eight-Speed Transmission Defects lawsuit
https://gmauthority.com/blog/2020/04/general-motors-looks-to-have-lawsuit-over-eight-speed-transmission-defects-dismissed/#:~:text=The%20lawsuit%2C%20filed%20in%20the,may%20shift%20violently%20into%20gear.&text=GM%20claims%20the%20problems%20with,and%20not%20a%20manufacturing%20defect.

Cracking C7 Corvette Wheels
https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2020/04/14/new-class-action-lawsuit-filed-against-gm-over-defective-and-cracking-c7-corvette-wheels/

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:16:38 AM EDT
[#26]
The last solid engine Gm made was the LS3.   Everything with cylinder deactivation is a repair bill waiting to happen.  

Test drive a gm vehicle with 100k and test drive a Toyota with 100k its not even close.  Toyota will feel tight, won’t squeak and rattle and everything will work.  The chevy will be showing its age most stuff will work but slow and begrudgingly, it will also have several repair invoices in the glove box totaling several thousand dollars In repairs.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:41:55 AM EDT
[#27]
I have a 2004 Silverado with 130k miles. The only thing that I have done to it is tires, brakes and put Bilsteins on it. Solid truck. Even the butt heaters still work. lol
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:06:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

My Silverado was also made in Fort Wayne, IN.  Where are Tacoma's now made?  Looks like Mexico!

ETA:  Toyota is going to make the Tacoma until the end of this model year in both the U.S. and Mexico before moving all Tacoma production to Mexico.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:21:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I’ve had 6 Chevy vehicles since 1995.  They have treated me like gold.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I’ve had 6 Chevy vehicles since 1995.  They have treated me like gold.

I’ve had two and they both sucked dicks.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:14:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
LoL, Chevy.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:46:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yeah that's my take on it. It's an award category now, apparently.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol

"initial quality"

What does that mean, initially its OK then it's a piece of crap?

Yeah that's my take on it. It's an award category now, apparently.
With the newest vehicles that is the only way they can be called reliable.  Packed with bullshit tech, things will start going down hill fast.
At least the engines will go 400k miles, probably in limp mode though because the infotainment system has a glitch of some sort that costs  $4k to fix.
It's fine though you just won't have heat, A/C, a radio, you won't be able to adjust anything,  the collision alert will be chiming, lane assist will want to turn circles all the time, and the heated seats will be stuck on forever.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:01:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Chevy is more reliable...as income for their service department..
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:15:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Didn’t this happen at least a year ago?
View Quote

Yes, 2 yrs ago, January 2019.. wth

Edit: Nobody reads anymore
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:32:48 PM EDT
[#34]
I wouldn't own one. The new chevy trucks in our fleet are always down for service. Many with less than 7k miles on the clock. And they burn oil like a battleship but chevy deems this within spec. Lmao
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:33:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

LOL!  You have had 6 vehicles in 25 years so about 4 years per vehicle.

My Japanese vehicles average 10 years of age and about 180,000 miles each and are gold.

Screw Chevy.
View Quote

This... I'll stick to my Japanese/American(they are mostly built in Indiana now) cars. my issues in 20 years of ownership for 3 Subaru . 1 CV boot failed after 7 years and required a new one, bad battery(7 year old batteries die, who knew)(traded that in on a Nissan, fuel pump was going bad when I sold for more than I paid), Subaru outback , alternator went bad 110k miles , O2 sensors, and battery(at 8 years, in Alaska who knew...); then a Subaru  forester had a barely noticable transmission leak @60K (warrenty 100%), break light switch (@ 60K  warrenty), and battery (warranty 100%)  .  Ill stick with my Subaru's. Indiana or japaneese built.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:36:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

What does that mean, initially its OK then it's a piece of crap?
View Quote

I think it mean before its driven
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top