Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:32:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Lol
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:32:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was thinking 5 w/auto-renew unless one party disagrees. If it's 2, you just get married every two years.  There also needs to be a standard set of next steps:

- have kids: here is the Federal income to support ratio
- alimony: to qualify, meet these Federal requirements
Etc.
View Quote
More regulation, PERFECT!
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:33:28 PM EDT
[#3]
What's the point? Just don't get married.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:35:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
@PlaneJane
View Quote

I’m married because that’s what my husband wanted.  In fact,  what he’s wanted since he was four years old.  If and when he no longer wants to married to me, he is free to go without financial obligation.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:36:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Only cucks don’t get married
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:37:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Only cucks don't get married
View Quote
i can't afford to get married but i damn sure can't afford to get dee-vorced.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:38:14 PM EDT
[#7]
No.
I married her because I loved her (still do) and she was my best friend (still is) I dont want that to end. I say this after 30 years of marriage.

And also dont like spending time to get something right just to have to start over.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:39:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Then make better choices.  Quit choosing those women.  Good women are out there.  Not all of them come in the perfect wrapper shallow people require.  That doesn't mean they are ugly and fat either.  

Guys who make poor choices come up with ideas and answers like this.
View Quote

It's not about what you do or I do. This whole board is only a tiny fraction of the population. At the population level, it's a numbers game. If there's a significant mismatch between the expectations and desires of males and females, you're going to see what we've been seeing in marriage trends.

When you alter one component of a complex system, you tend to get unforseen consequences rippling throughout. Fundamentally altering women's roles in society (for better or worse, I'm not arguing for a return to the old arrangement) has produced these downstream effects, and we're in the middle of the repercussions. It's like a market correction after a major change in the regulatory landscape.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:44:29 PM EDT
[#9]
First enlistment two years.

If reup then for three years term of service.

If children automatic stop loss until the child graduates from high school.

It could work.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:44:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So your kids can wonder every two years if they'll have a joint home?
View Quote

That is up to the adults really. Just like it is every other single day. Marriage has become a farce. Sad but true.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:50:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Sounds good to me. Shacking up, being well compensated, dogs instead of babies and a man who’s free to go if he’s not happy.

Until the courts are reformed, I wouldn’t want to put a man I cared about in the position of being married.
View Quote

No argument from me, you're preaching to the choir. The issue is that a lot of women seem to think they want the whole shebang and have been led to believe that they can have it all. Getting an advanced degree, developing a career, and then meeting the perfect guy mid-late 30's to start a family is walking the razor's edge in terms of timetables, though. Any real delays or setbacks in the plan and the realities of the biological clock come into play. For whatever anecdotes are worth, I've seen a couple of the women I dated in college in this exact situation.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:54:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I saw where some Liberals(I couldn't believe that it came from Liberals) wanted to make it a law that if a couple doesn't have children within 3 years of marriage, then the marriage is ended.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:55:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

No argument from me, you're preaching to the choir. The issue is that a lot of women seem to think they want the whole shebang and have been led to believe that they can have it all. Getting an advanced degree, developing a career, and then meeting the perfect guy mid-late 30's to start a family is walking the razor's edge in terms of timetables, though. Any real delays or setbacks in the plan and the realities of the biological clock come into play. For whatever anecdotes are worth, I've seen a couple of the women I dated in college in this exact situation.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds good to me. Shacking up, being well compensated, dogs instead of babies and a man who’s free to go if he’s not happy.

Until the courts are reformed, I wouldn’t want to put a man I cared about in the position of being married.

It’s true. I was sold that feminist “have it all” fantasy. No ragerts for me, but I’m an outlier.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:56:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I saw where some Liberals(I couldn't believe that it came from Liberals) wanted to make it a law that if a couple doesn't have children within 3 years of marriage, then the marriage is ended.
View Quote

People are nuts
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:56:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
all part of the plan, brother.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:57:10 PM EDT
[#16]
@StevenH
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:57:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Perhaps if we're living in the 1950's..

Today, people are living together sooner and dating longer before getting married.  No contact required untill both parties decide to get married.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:58:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Just don’t get fucking married if you can’t commit
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:02:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Why call it “marriage”?

That’s just moving in together.
View Quote

So when can I move in with you???
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:12:24 PM EDT
[#20]
If it's a contract, does that mean the exit clause is defined?  No more alimony just because the woman wanted to get back in the dating pool (or just screw the pool boy)?

Joint assets would get messy (buying a house, etc), but what your describing is probably just a glorified pre-nup.  It comes up some in Science Fiction; couples have contracts, not enduring marriages.  

I wouldn't do it, I got married because I wanted to spend my life with my wife, but for those who just want/have hollywood type marriages, why not?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:16:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Just don’t get fucking married if you can’t commit
View Quote

Pretty basic statement. I doubt anyone gets married with the idea it may fail in their lifetime. Life often has other plans. Reality sucks sometimes.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:16:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Pretty basic statement. I doubt anyone gets married with the idea it may fail in their lifetime. Life often has other plans. Reality sucks sometimes.
View Quote
all relationships end, bruh.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:18:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where the best case scenario is that your partner dies.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:19:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Only cucks don’t get married
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:20:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Where the best case scenario is that your partner dies.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:21:48 PM EDT
[#26]
I have often wondered how that would be.  Maybe a 10 year contract.  Might make folks try harder if they were going to loose one they loved if they were not  being on best behavior.

Also, it should be separated from spiritual and secular marriage.  All the church goers say it is till death/eternal.  Vows are taken and it is between God and them.  Secular deals with the earthly goods and commitments.  That is a contract.   Still have to deal with the joint property and funds acquired during the contract, but maybe it could be more of a 50/50 deal.  Then you have kids come into the mix.

I have been lucky for 40 years married.  Not all fun, but now the stage is solid.  No changes now.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:21:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

100% accurate. Difference if they end by choice such as divorce or end by death of spouse. 50/50 seems to be current tally.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:24:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

It's not about what you do or I do. This whole board is only a tiny fraction of the population. At the population level, it's a numbers game. If there's a significant mismatch between the expectations and desires of males and females, you're going to see what we've been seeing in marriage trends.

When you alter one component of a complex system, you tend to get unforseen consequences rippling throughout. Fundamentally altering women's roles in society (for better or worse, I'm not arguing for a return to the old arrangement) has produced these downstream effects, and we're in the middle of the repercussions. It's like a market correction after a major change in the regulatory landscape.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Then make better choices.  Quit choosing those women.  Good women are out there.  Not all of them come in the perfect wrapper shallow people require.  That doesn't mean they are ugly and fat either.  

Guys who make poor choices come up with ideas and answers like this.

Again I say make better choices.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:24:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Hell no.

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:25:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Can be renewed if all parties agree. This way, no messy divorces.

Would this save society or destroy it?
View Quote

He destruction of the nuclear family has had such a positive impacts why not accelerate that benefit...
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:25:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL wrong
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:30:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

If it Floats, Flys or Fncks, MUCH better to Rent than to Own...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seems like almost everyone I know that married wrong, figured it out within that time span.

I say good idea

If it Floats, Flys or Fncks, MUCH better to Rent than to Own...

This is why there should be a lease program. Get a new shiny model upgrade every 3 years with no penalty as long as you don’t scratch or dent the old one too much
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:30:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

This is why there should be a lease program. Get a new shiny model upgrade every 3 years with no penalty as long as you don't scratch or dent the old one too much
View Quote
it's always cheaper to rent.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:35:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
it's always cheaper to rent.
View Quote

Emotionally, sure, but financially, not always.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:43:37 PM EDT
[#35]
"Time Enough for Love" Robert Heinlen

Interesting idea.  Not for me though.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:45:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
none of the above.

don't get married.
View Quote
Reminds me of an old Al Bundy quote: "Expired driver's license. Why can't a marriage license do that?"

Never married myself but I would support the idea of a five-year license that is subject to expiration if the parties agree AND there are no children. Children nullify the expiration and parties must go through normal divorce proceedings.

Agree though, in this day and age don't get married. The system is too broken these days.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:11:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
none of the above.

don't get married.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:12:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Reminds me of an old Al Bundy quote: "Expired driver's license. Why can't a marriage license do that?"

Never married myself but I would support the idea of a five-year license that is subject to expiration if the parties agree AND there are no children. Children nullify the expiration and parties must go through normal divorce proceedings.

Agree though, in this day and age don't get married. The system is too broken these days.
View Quote
you just reminded me that i have a DL, two professional licenses, and MSHA that expire in 2021.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:15:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
If you're that broken/distrustful inside or have that much more assets then a potential mate that you want to protect just stick with hookers or get the pre-nup.

View Quote

Prenups expire in Texas after 20 years...ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:17:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Prenups expire in Texas after 20 years...ask me how I know.
View Quote
better call saul!
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:18:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Honestly that is less of a marriage than a homosexual civil union.

but i am sure some lawyer could draw up a civil union contract for you.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:19:06 PM EDT
[#42]
@spoonrobot
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:19:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
@spoonrobot
View Quote
is he married?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:34:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
is he married?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@spoonrobot
is he married?

No I'm just a bitch who's good for the occasional 3 minute hate on women.

Marriage contracts are a desperate attempt to wrangle with the realization that the most destructive force known to western civilization is the unbridled sexual freedom of women. Women destroy themselves, they destroy their family, they destroy their workplace, and they eventually will destroy society because of their degenerate need for instant gratificaiton.

You want to end messy divorces?

1. No more decade+ hormonal birth control before marriage
2. End the federal incentive for states to maximize alimony and child support payments
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:40:26 PM EDT
[#45]
The Real Reason for Marriage - Prof. Jordan Peterson
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:41:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Marriage is an eternal bond that continues through all the worlds of God.
View Quote

That's funny because that's exactly what I said to al three of my ex wives when making nooky calls.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:47:16 PM EDT
[#47]
"Trying out" marriage is a plan for failure. Like moving in together before marriage. Statistically you're worse off, yet people convince themselves it's smart. Because of saving money on rent and stuff, so much more important than marrying the right person.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:47:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Not if you've read the Bible. Til death do us part...
View Quote

The Bible doesn’t say “til death do us part”. Talks a lot about becoming one flesh and cleaving into one another and not separating what God has made one.

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:47:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I’m married because that’s what my husband wanted.  In fact,  what he’s wanted since he was four years old.  If and when he no longer wants to married to me, he is free to go without financial obligation.
View Quote

That's exactly how it was with two of my exwives. No mess divorces. But we had no children or assets at that early age in my life.

Now wife number 3 been married for 33 years next month. Marriage is something I learned needs to be continually worked on in order for it to grow.

To me you must keep doing those things and falling in love over and over. Never treat her as an object or property. Talk and treat her as you'd want to be treated. Above all else never stop telling her how much she means to you.

Life is good  

Wife 1&2 were bad and short lived. But still never had children.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:50:54 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm not planning on entering into any more marriages, so it makes no difference to me.

However, I think such a thing would probably cause more problems than it solved, especially after the lawyers and bureaucrats have a few years to fuck it up.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top