[#2]
Those districts don’t make sense
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:11:04 AM EDT
[#3]
1,2 ,4, and 5 would beg for mercy.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:11:21 AM EDT
[#4]
3-2-1-4-5

Edit - 2 is a lot closer to 3 than 3 would like to admit.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:12:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Let me tell ya’ll what MS would add to this tango.  We have a horde of meth fueled rednecks that don’t have the IQ to realize that losing a finger or eye or half of a foot is supposed to slow a person down.  The only reason there is a “florida man” is because people just refuse to pay attention to MS.  

A couple Battalions of these “people” would cause so much chaos on the battle field that the enemy wouldn’t realize that the somewhat intelligent red necks were launching .270 and 30/06 rounds at them, pretending they were deer.  

And don’t forget, the meth fueled rednecks would all show up with at least one pit bull a piece.
View Quote

I swear I saw a nice newer pickup today with a huge sticker on the back that read something like Save "hfavt...Shoot a Meth Head."

The shoot a meth head thing really stuck out.

There's plenty anywhere shine used to be a thing, and every else too.

God knows Western VA has enough of them.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:17:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
1,2 ,4, and 5 would beg for mercy.
View Quote

That's just ridiculous. Do you have any idea how many of you there are up here? Think percentage of the population.

A better competition would be Hunger Games by the region where factions are created by geography combined with political beliefs and have a play-off system.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:21:41 AM EDT
[#7]
3 easily.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:23:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Feel so strongly you had to make comments twice saying the same thing different ways?

That's like saying nobody could take on the present day Spanish "armada" because history.
View Quote

Umadbro?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:26:04 AM EDT
[#9]
I thought Hunger Games was making Ethiopians fight over a sandwich. But I digress. I just think it's funny that the Confederacy has been remapped and projected as the winner. The same thing was discussed in 1859.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:27:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Let me tell ya’ll what MS would add to this tango.  We have a horde of meth fueled rednecks that don’t have the IQ to realize that losing a finger or eye or half of a foot is supposed to slow a person down.  The only reason there is a “florida man” is because people just refuse to pay attention to MS.  

A couple Battalions of these “people” would cause so much chaos on the battle field that the enemy wouldn’t realize that the somewhat intelligent red necks were launching .270 and 30/06 rounds at them, pretending they were deer.  

And don’t forget, the meth fueled rednecks would all show up with at least one pit bull a piece.
View Quote

I hadn’t even considered the pit bulls.  

3 would clean house
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:29:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This isn't 1860.
View Quote

no shit, a lot of district 3 would be cheering Sherman to burn Atlanta these days. Strange times we live in indeed
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:30:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
5 for the win.

Whether the southerners like it or not we already played this game & know how it ends.

None of the rest of the regions have the population to compete.
View Quote
That was a long time ago. District 5 likely has the largest soy boy to man ratio now. I'm not afraid of facing an army that shows up with vibrators and Nintendo switches.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:30:11 AM EDT
[#13]
So the district that shuts the world down with 1/2 inch of snow is gonna win..... I guess if were playing indoors they might... There is enough northern rednecks that sit in deer stands 8-10 hours a day in feet of snow and freezing temps just for that chance to kill something that strongly disagree with this..
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:33:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Jeez.  Maybe they could have divvied up the population a little more fairly.   I was going to stick with 4 but based upon the population of 3 it’s almost not even fair.   Although I do think 4 could still pull it off just through attrition.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:40:57 AM EDT
[#15]
District 3. Barring that choice I am actually thinking District 2 is  the next up. Lot of tough people in Alaska.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:49:04 AM EDT
[#16]
District 4 comes out unscathed and wins by default.

I mean, while anyone could go up and take those states easily... why would they?  Then you'd have ND/SD/NE/IA/WI/MN/IL under your control; I can't imagine by what metric those are desirable land masses to acquire.  These are the flyoer states to the people living in the other flyover states.  

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:01:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Hailing from District 3, I can guaranfuckintee a win.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:02:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
There are a LOT of cold blooded killers in District 5.
View Quote

While that may be true , I doubt they will be so aversive once they start hearing banjos.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:11:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Obviously it would have to be northern states southerners tried this once before and they just aren’t tough enough plus inbreeding isn’t conducive to producing winners

5 has it in the bag the only way 3 wins is if the competition was bump firing PSA rifles into a dirt berm
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:17:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:18:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Pfftt.  AZ will be the winner for area #1.  Everyone in California will show up with dildos and the other states are to frozen to care.  **new Mexico is out cause they just had green chile season and are to busy making every food know to mak but with green chiles in the.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:23:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Idgaf what Twitter has to say but 3 is taking this with no problem
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:53:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Ironic that people focused on population of district 5 don't seem to realize that district 3 has a larger population. District 3 also has a bigger economy than district 5 now.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:07:23 AM EDT
[#24]
3 would win. 3-4 should ally and destroy 2-5 leave 1 to fend for itself and hope they purge the west coast themselves.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:15:38 AM EDT
[#25]
ITT people don't know what the Hunger Games is and think it's entire regions fighting.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:18:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Three FTW!
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:26:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
ITT people don't know what the Hunger Games is and think it's entire regions fighting.
View Quote
Yep. Apparently some people think we're talking about going to war against each other... and that it matters if they're used to the cold or if their region won a war 150+ years ago.

How it works: One male and one female from each district, chosen at random if none volunteer, to battle to the death. Last person alive wins. Environment different every time and no one knows what it will be like in advance. It's as much a survival game as it is a fight- food, water, etc. are serious concerns.

If there are no volunteers, the guy from district 1 for instance might be a rugged SOB from the mountains in Colorado or a limp twisted San Francisco soyboi. Luck of the draw as it were.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:21:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Things have changed a bit since then.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Certainly didn't pan out for them in the 1860s

Things have changed a bit since then.

No shit! All of the manufacturing is down here now. They make the best pies though.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:52:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Blood Thirsty Three!!!
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:13:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Hannah Barron is gonna fuck y'alls shit up.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:22:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Anyone from the urban side of California and  New York are going to be dead first.

I'm all for it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:41:56 AM EDT
[#32]
NH is Outpost North, District 3.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:52:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Lotta confidence from those that are currently 0 and 1 in civil wars.
View Quote

Hell of a big difference between the south in the 1860's and now. Back then, the south was a predominantly agrarian society.
A hell of a lot of manufacturing now compared to back then.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:54:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Umadbro?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Feel so strongly you had to make comments twice saying the same thing different ways?

That's like saying nobody could take on the present day Spanish "armada" because history.

Umadbro?
Mad? Try sad.

Sad for the students of an “Econ Prof” seemingly incapable of accounting for changing variable trends in a time series.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:55:43 AM EDT
[#35]
3 by pure destruction.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:29:02 AM EDT
[#36]
5 and it's not even close.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:36:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Balkanization is complete, let them fight.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:05:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:09:24 AM EDT
[#39]
5 is KIA from the start. I'd put my money on 3.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:10:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Did somebody already say  " What do you mean IF"

Also, could have more areas for competing.

Attachment Attached File

Split 3 up at MS TN KY borders.

Maybe cut 6 off along PA NJ DE
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:18:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Break District 3 up so that everything east of the Mississippi River then becomes District 6...then tell me who wins.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:27:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Once again because of the river ky finds itself as the battle ground.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:27:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

People who think 3 would win are completely overlooking some facts.

3 is the most welfare dependent and uneducated sector. NO OFFENSE intended. Those are just thr numbers.

5 has the biggest concentration of industry and probably wealth. It has a large amount of rural hunter types who are also well off enough to have cool toys. MI, OH, WV, VA, PA, ME and to some extent upstate NY have loads of serious hunters and shooters.

Edit for spelling.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:33:25 AM EDT
[#44]
I don’t know, 5 on 3 battle. We would start by conscripting all the big blue cities like New York, New Jersey, Philadelphia, etc as cannon fodder. Send that huge wave of vagina monologue screaming lefties to weaken their defenses and then we mop up the mess.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:33:42 AM EDT
[#45]
I’d bet the rest could team up and district 3 would still win.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:36:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Man, that's a tough one if District 3 sits out.

Flip a coin I guess.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:37:10 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

If I was forced to pick it would be this but I think it would be closer than you say.  (Energy production is lacking compared to the other 3 IMHO.)
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:37:28 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

If you'd read the contemporary writings, you'd know that one rebel was worth about 10 yankies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
3 would obviously dominate but if 3 sat it out I'd give it to 5.

Lotta confidence from those that are currently 0 and 1 in civil wars.

If you'd read the contemporary writings, you'd know that one rebel was worth about 10 yankies.

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:51:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

3 is the most welfare dependent and uneducated sector. NO OFFENCE intended. Those are just thr numbers.

5 has the biggest concentration of industry and probably wealth. It has a large amount of rural hunter types who are also well off enough to have cool toys. MI, OH, WV, VA, PA, ME and to some extent upstate NY have loads of serious hunters and shooters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

3 is the most welfare dependent and uneducated sector. NO OFFENCE intended. Those are just thr numbers.

5 actually has a lower industrial output than 3.

3 produced $800 billion in industrial output in 2020.
5 produced $731 billion in industrial output in 2020.

Source:
https://www.nam.org/state-manufacturing-data/

A lot of heavy manufacturing has shifted down south over the last 30 years.  For every OH and PA, you guys have...DE and NH and RI and DE.  TX has 2x the industrial output of any NE state.  And the only state that has more industrial output than NC is OH.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:52:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

If I was forced to pick it would be this but I think it would be closer than you say.  (Energy production is lacking compared to the other 3 IMHO.)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Energy production and food.

3 is pretty much self sufficient in energy, manufacturing, and food.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top