Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:55:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any outside chance this is by design?

Give POTUS an opportunity to demonstrate he is not compromised by China, and is a strong leader?

Nothing is what it appears these days.
View Quote

I remember the first time I drank a beer too.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:57:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Japan and Korea needs to ramp it up and Taiwan is fucked.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:03:55 AM EDT
[#3]
they go to other places and steal fish because they have SHIT back home.....

Dramatic capture operation of illegal Chinese fishing vessels in the Korea Sea
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:39:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Waiting for Xiden to surrender an entire aircraft carrier group.
View Quote

to a Chinese junk. Sorry, but I had to finish it for you.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:40:54 AM EDT
[#5]
War is in the future
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:45:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Side note...that ship’s paint job looks a whole lot like the US coast guard.

Has that kind of become a de-facto international standard, or is China even ripping off ship markings now?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:46:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I'd kinda like to see China and Viet Nam start mixing it up again.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:48:50 AM EDT
[#8]
It's like Iran releasing the hostages when Reagan was inaugurated, just in reverse
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:52:48 AM EDT
[#9]
China ready to go to war over some barely above the water islands, didnt someone tell them about the rising sea levels?

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:54:35 AM EDT
[#10]
need more torpedoing from mystery subs.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:55:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Chinese coast guard vessels are largely unarmed.  Not sure just how this is going to work.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:56:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Side note...that ship’s paint job looks a whole lot like the US coast guard.

Has that kind of become a de-facto international standard, or is China even ripping off ship markings now?
View Quote

The racing strip is very common with coast guards.  Most of them use some variation of it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:10:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Chinese coast guard vessels are largely unarmed.  Not sure just how this is going to work.
View Quote

Most of the ones I saw had some form of deck gun and even the smaller ones had mounts for machine guns, not like they need much more to sink fishing and research vessels.  Been a few years since I was last there though and I've only seen them in port, not at sea.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:16:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm not sure how much longer we'll be in any position to oppose them.
View Quote

We are not if things keep going the way they are. They have actively worked on destroying our economy.
Taking over all our old bases or, prepping them for a future take over. Bribing ours as well as well other countries officials
to get what they want. We shall see.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:18:22 PM EDT
[#15]
I mean they have been saying its theirs for the longest time. Not like we havent invaded 6 or 7 entire fucking nations in that time
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:18:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Friend of mine was on the P-3 that crash landed on Hainan Island a few years ago. He said they were nice and professional,  but to this day he still won't eat Chinese food.
View Quote
Not just a P-3, but an EP-3, of course.

Actually a EP-3E
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:25:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

In 2022 I think that will happen
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:28:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Of course this was to be expected.  The CCP coup of the US is complete. Look, what do you think bidet offered the CCP that was worth multi-billions or dollars?!?   Look at his admin and cabinet picks, nearly everyone of them with KNOWN CCP ties!!!  They are not even trying to hide it now.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:29:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think that they're going after Taiwan first.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:31:09 PM EDT
[#20]
I hope Japan goes on a pacific tour again and starts with China...
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:31:14 PM EDT
[#21]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Waiting for Xiden to surrender an entire aircraft carrier group.
Well, maybe China will at least have have some furniture instead of Iranian prayer rugs
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/73456639-7FC0-4E28-A1EA-DDCA5A7682BF_jpe-1792651.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/4DCF86FF-9EA4-4544-B068-3DB6455B8424_jpe-1792652.JPG
The fact that they never fought back, blows my mind.

There's no way I, or anyone I worked with when I was an MA would have given up TWO boats and surrendered to Iranians.

My only guess is they called for support, and it was never sent because whoever was in charge was an 0bama butt boy... but then again, that describes 95% of Navy leadership today.

Back to the thread topic though: A war with China is inevitable, and exactly what the world wants / needs.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:33:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Well, now that China has "the Big Guy" in office, they have free reign.

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:41:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Big surprise that Chyna gets aggressive now that xiden is sworn in.  USA weakening with deliberate spillage of chynavirus and economic fallout.  Fifth columnists traitors in control now.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:46:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Well, now that China has "the Big Guy" in office, they have free reign.

View Quote

With that being said , I don't think they are going to waste much time.
It won't be sabre rattling and War drums either.

Soon is my take on it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:51:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Any outside chance this is by design?

Give POTUS an opportunity to demonstrate he is not compromised by China, and is a strong leader?

Nothing is what it appears these days.
View Quote

It's definitely by design, China is continuing it's ramping up of asserting itself with the expectation that the Biden admin will be as weak on foreign policy as the Obama admin was.

It's all part of the plan, but the plan is China's plan that results with the US in the number two position of global powers.  Their goal is to be there by 2049 and they're likely well ahead of schedule.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:57:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Well there's a shock, right after their boy gets to DC.  No way this ends well and all of the countries over there need to set aside their hatred of each other if they are going to have any chance of countering it.
View Quote

They won't stand a chance with US backing China.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:58:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

It's definitely by design, China is continuing it's ramping up of asserting itself with the expectation that the Biden admin will be as weak on foreign policy as the Obama admin was.

It's all part of the plan, but the plan is China's plan that results with the US in the number two position of global powers.  Their goal is to be there by 2049 and they're likely well ahead of schedule.
View Quote

Yep. During zeros time they ignored the world court ruling on the islands claims  and zero did nothing.  Chine just kept on going. Trump at least did more fonops but should have done more. Biden will probably  sign a treaty with them
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:40:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Well, the Chinese do understand a dog eat dog world.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:57:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well there's a shock, right after their boy gets to DC.  No way this ends well and all of the countries over there need to set aside their hatred of each other if they are going to have any chance of countering it.

If we don't get involved and if they work together, they could destroy China's navy but I'm guessing it'd be costly and China's retarded enough to feel like losing face is worth the nuclear option.  That's asking a lot, probably too much, for countries that historically hate each other and have very long memories.  The Taiwanese, S. Korean, Japanese and Singaporean militaries are high tech and punch above their weights, the others in the area have a mishmash of older and often obsolete equipment, much of it not combat ready much less combat effective but they could be used for blockade purposes, taking out smaller vessels, etc.  There is a surprising number of diesel electric boats in the area but how well trained and effective they would actually be is questionable.  

Most of those countries have a lot of internal graft, corruption and squabbles that are hamstringing them when they need to be looking at the bigger picture.  Duturte would probably gladly surrender for thirty pieces of silver or pull an Italy and join on China's side since he and his family are bought and paid for but I'm not sure how the people would take that; the average Filipino hates China and the Chinese, same as the people in most of the other countries in the region.  Unfortunately their leaders are all selling them out in China's belt and road and string of pearls programs.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:33:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Don't worry. Biden won't push it
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:45:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Dumbass Joe is gonna end up forcing Japan to militarize again, and then they're gonna bite us in the ass again in ten years.
View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:50:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
they go to other places and steal fish because they have SHIT back home.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYIUUYJJNiA
View Quote

Maybe the Koreans need to get something like a C-27 Spartan with a 40mm Bofors in the back.
Drop a few rounds of AP into their engine room and you'll find them much more agreeable to removing those anti-RHIB spikes.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:53:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Well, it certainly didn't take long for China to start acting tough again. I guess when you have a literal buffoon running the US these sort of things happen.  Anyone want to take bets on how long it takes Iran to start seizing foreign flagged vessels again?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:43:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Was your friend the Senior Chief? I heard some funny stories about that guy. I had a customer who was in the same squadron.
View Quote

He was not.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:46:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Not just a P-3, but an EP-3, of course.

Actually a EP-3E
View Quote

Corrected, thanks.

He used to give us fighter guys shit because he was the only one who had a confirmed air-to-air kill.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:56:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Japanese culture is changed forever but I have a feeling if they were let off the leash completely they'd put on a pretty good show.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 6:00:14 PM EDT
[#37]

Rugs and pillows?!!  That is more comfy then what the National Guard received for defending the Sovereign Citizens at the Capitol from the American insurgency.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 6:00:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Trump would send the Pacific fleet in as a fuck you.

Xiden will send in planes of cash, Hunter will then come home with palates of cash.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 6:01:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Its mind boggling to me how the left pisses their pants over Russia, which in reality just isn't that much of a threat as they are a boogeyman for the left when its pretty obvious how big of an economic threat china is to us, how much of a regional threat they are to the areas around them, and than there are their human rights abuses which are manyfold.

Somehow all of that seems to get ignored.
View Quote

It's an act to fool the public.  They are in no way afraid of Russia.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 6:12:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't kid your self. VN will get it's ass handed to them by the CCP.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:04:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

He used to give us fighter guys shit because he was the only one who had a confirmed air-to-air kill.
View Quote

So Lt. Shane Osborn?  He had zero right to be giving anyone shit since he handed over the Navy's crown jewel of top secret recon/sigint equipment, electronics, with completely intact data and documents directly to the Chinese.  We don't even know exactly what he handed over to the Chinese because he failed to inventory all the classified equipment and documents on board.  He had a choice to land in friendly Vietnam or ditch in the ocean, but he chose to land in China.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:35:24 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

So Lt. Shane Osborn?  He had zero right to be giving anyone shit since he handed over the Navy's crown jewel of top secret recon/sigint equipment, electronics, with completely intact data and documents directly to the Chinese.  We don't even know exactly what he handed over to the Chinese because he failed to inventory all the classified equipment and documents on board.  He had a choice to land in friendly Vietnam or ditch in the ocean, but he chose to land in China.
View Quote

No.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:44:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It's pretty well known that Duturte is and has always been a crooked POS yet idiots on this board cheered him on because they thought his retarded stance on drugs was a good idea. He's a traitor who's been in bed with China and selling out his country since he got in power, nothing else CoC compliant to say about him.

He's sold his country out on the Spratley's as well as the oil and fishing grounds.  
View Quote

PI is poor country, and China is THE regional player with a metric shit ton of cash to throw around.

I was amazed at the amount of roads being built last time I visited.

I hope he negotiates better than Africa did, but I don't blame them.

China's influence will continue to grow in the region.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:48:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I hope Japan goes on a pacific tour again and starts with China...
View Quote

I hope Japan decides they care for the environment and start sinking fishing vessels.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:48:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Wait till North Korea starts launching missiles over Japan again.  Biden's dementia will go into hyperdrive.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:54:13 AM EDT
[#46]

Jieitai  Nippon has a military its just called a self defense force.  

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:03:33 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Russia is the "red ball" for the Chinese.  China hates Russia, but we're their real opponent; ergo they manipulate us into wasting energy on Russia.
View Quote

Yep that's why I think the smart move over the last decade would have been to be working WITH russia to try and drive a wedge in between them and china. I KNOW they are not our friend and they are commies... but better to have them hating each other and sharing a land border ;). More things for china to worry about and to me a smart move since us and russia are the big boys at the mad table and china is the kid in the back seat we never thought about, that's about to hit us both in the head with a bat. If russia would have loosed this bio weapon we would have probably nuked them. china shouldn't have gotten a pass.... hmm why did china get a pass?????
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:09:42 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yep that's why I think the smart move over the last decade would have been to be working WITH russia to try and drive a wedge in between them and china. I KNOW they are not our friend and they are commies... but better to have them hating each other and sharing a land border ;). More things for china to worry about and to me a smart move since us and russia are the big boys at the mad table and china is the kid in the back seat we never thought about, that's about to hit us both in the head with a bat. If russia would have loosed this bio weapon we would have probably nuked them. china shouldn't have gotten a pass.... hmm why did china get a pass?????
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Russia is the "red ball" for the Chinese.  China hates Russia, but we're their real opponent; ergo they manipulate us into wasting energy on Russia.

How many corrupt politicians that have access to free flowing money laundering from China?  These fucksticks are multi millionaires.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top