User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:18:19 PM EDT
[#1]
lol, no...
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:19:02 PM EDT
[#2]
For me, the second dose was the easier. Flu-like aches and a massive headache for about 12 hours. The next day was just soreness at injection site. No issues by day three.

ETA: Pfizer.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:19:24 PM EDT
[#3]
65 years old. First Maderna dose Wed. Sore arm next day and kind of a hangover feeling. Worked all day. Still feel a little off day three but not bad at all. Second shot scheduled 2/17 if I don't croak before.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:22:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wanna know how I know you are an idiot?
View Quote

I wanna know how you know
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:23:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Just got notified through work to send in a request if I want it so they know how many to acquire.

I am really on the fence about it.  It is supposed to be the Moderna one and I have until the 30th to decide.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:54:33 PM EDT
[#6]
My arm was less sore after the second dose than the first.  Many of my colleagues had fever/aches/chills for a day after the second dose.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:00:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I have to admit that I was against it, but my doc talked me into it.
When I get the call I'll get it. It will be my first flu shot since the
swine flu in the 70's.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:00:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I wanna know how you know
View Quote

Raw numbers: Mortality from COVID, all comers around 1.5 %
Serious reactions to vaccine 5.5 per 1 million

You don't need to be very good at math to understand those numbers
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:31:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Don't plan on ever getting a first. Still have not worn a mask either
View Quote

So brave!
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:32:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:33:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Wot RIP Yatisaki said.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:34:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Two shots of Pfizer. Mild arm soreness each time. I'm now 2 weeks out from the second dose.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:38:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Wife and I ( 66 and 61) got the first Moderna shot today. No issues so far. I did have a growth that looked like Nancy Pelosi show up but I cut it off.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:39:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Does anyone know how long the vaccine lasts for ?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:39:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Just got notified through work to send in a request if I want it so they know how many to acquire.

I am really on the fence about it.  It is supposed to be the Moderna one and I have until the 30th to decide.
View Quote

I am a Pulmonary NP.  If you are young and healthy you will likely survive covid, but lots of my patients are ending up with what is likely to be lifelong lung issues.  Asymptomatic chest x rays on many look really awful.  Many will recover mostly after a few months but end up with COPD at an early age.  I also suspect it will be a risk factor for stroke and heart attacks due to vascular scarring.
Furthermore, the quicker herd immunity is induced, the sooner the economy quits getting hammered with shutdowns.  Getting vaccinate moves us closer.   Do it for your 401k!

The vaccine risks are in and of itself extremely low. You are going to get the protein spike either way eventually.  The question is do you want to do it with the virus attached it not.  Vaccinating the hard way is... Unwise.

If your a little nervous about the new tech feel free to wait a little while, but this is the real deal.  We approve drugs and all sorts of shit you wouldn't blink an eye at with WAY less rigorous testing.

Tldr: mortality rates are only 1/2 the story.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:43:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:44:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Have second round of Moderna next Thursday, first one was fine for me.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:47:28 PM EDT
[#18]
My wife got her second yesterday and was up all night, very nauseous and fainted a few times. She's a FNP and very healthy, just a bad reaction.

Made me not want to get my second stick.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:47:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Got the first jab today at 415 pm

I’m tired but I got up 2 hours earlier than normal
Arm hurts between shoulder and elbow
Not bad, just an ache
Minor sinus headache
It started an hour after the shot

We are out for a late supper and I will take an Advil when I get home

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:57:13 PM EDT
[#20]
First shot was nothing, second one I felt crummy for a day.  My staff all said the same or worse.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:08:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Yes, Pfizer, two weeks ago.
With second dose, shoulder wasn't as sore as first shot.
No side effects otherwise.
Second dose of Pfizer is the exact same dosage/strength as first.
I talked to my regular GP doctor this week, and he says there is a theory that some who experience side effects could be asymptomatic, with the vaccine reacting to that.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:09:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Feb 4
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:30:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Anyone here had their second dose of the COVID vaccine? If so, how’d it go? Did you have side effects on the first dose? Were they worse with the second dose? Did you end up in the hospital, or dead? If you did die, did you vote for Biden?

My wife is a pharmacist and about to have her first dose. We were wondering. She has zero contact with people, but since she can get the vaccine, why not?
View Quote

How about because it is an unapproved vaccine who's long term side effects are unknown
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:40:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Anyone here had their second dose of the COVID vaccine? If so, how’d it go? Did you have side effects on the first dose? Were they worse with the second dose? Did you end up in the hospital, or dead? If you did die, did you vote for Biden?

My wife is a pharmacist and about to have her first dose. We were wondering. She has zero contact with people, but since she can get the vaccine, why not?
View Quote

I got the Pfizer vaccine. 2nd dose did not cause as much pain at the injection site as the first. Probably because I took ibuprofen after the pain of the first one.

I did notice that my vision blurred a bit and had a headache after the first.

LC
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:42:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Second dose kicked my ass. Elevated bp and anxiety for 2 days with no prior history.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:43:39 PM EDT
[#26]
I got the first dose of the Pfizer 5 days ago.  I pissed blood for the first 3 days but now I feel just fine.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:43:42 PM EDT
[#27]
First shot yesterday, aches and slept for 12 hours. I plan on taking a day or 2 off after the second dose.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:43:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Soon
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:47:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

• Item 1

• Item 2

But it's a free country get the vaccine - don't get the vaccine, no one is forcing it on you.
View Quote

Not really true. Many employers are requiring the shot, just like the flu shot.
The airlines may start requiring it for you to fly.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:49:40 PM EDT
[#30]
I’m excited to get my second one. I hear that’s when my nanochips get BlueTooth connectivity and I won’t have to use headphones anymore when I’m working out
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:49:47 PM EDT
[#31]
3 coworkers got second Pfizer dose. All missed work the next day. One has missed 2 days. I talked to them. Sick as a dog.

My first had a sore arm for a day or so. Get the second in a few weeks.

I'll quote one 24 hours after the second one.

I'm feeling awful. Can't stop shivering, body aches and headache and fever.

I'm getting my second one on a Friday so I have the weekend if needed.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:50:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Wot RIP Yatisaki said.
View Quote

The struggle is not real...
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:50:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Pfizer’s chips vastly increased my cell phone performance. Don’t know anyone who got Modena who can say that!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:51:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Wife and I ( 66 and 61) got the first Moderna shot today. No issues so far. I did have a growth that looked like Nancy Pelosi show up but I cut it off.
View Quote

FNP
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:52:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I got the first dose of the Pfizer 5 days ago.  I pissed blood for the first 3 days but now I feel just fine.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:52:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:54:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Pfizer's chips vastly increased my cell phone performance. Don't know anyone who got Modena who can say that!

View Quote

6G . This kung flu is a blessing...
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:54:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

I read that follow up shots were required less than 6 month interval.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:00:35 PM EDT
[#39]
My first one I had a weird reaction. About 5 mins after my pulse was in the 50’s with crazy low blood pressure. Woke up on the floor and didn’t get right for an hour or two. Never had anything like that happen before.

Other than that, just sore arm for a day or two and nothing worse.

Most of my coworkers got their ass kicked by the 2nd dose. Lots of high fevers they couldnt break and chills/aches. My 2nd hit is Tuesday, hoping it’s uneventful.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:00:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
This mNRA vaccine is not safe. Eight months to bring it to the public without FDA approval is very questionable.

By the way, Hank Aaron passed away today?, two weeks after receiving the first dose of Moderna's vaccine.

IMHO, the Covid-19 vaccine as a cure is worse than the disease.

If you are thinking about getting it or having a family member receive it, do your research, the evidence is largely available.

Good luck.
View Quote

I agree with you.  If I were old I might get it, but at middle age, I’m not.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:04:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I agree with you.  If I were old I might get it, but at middle age, I’m not.
View Quote

It’s the second experimental vaccine the Army’s given me. ?????
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:08:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

How about because it is an unapproved vaccine who's long term side effects are unknown
View Quote

My wife is a clinical PharmD and she’s pretty comfortable with the vaccine, having done as much research independently as she could. She wants to get it and she wants me to as well, but it’s going to be a while before I can get it. She can get it now because of her work.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:31:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Had the Pfizer vaccine just over a week ago, get the second one in 2 weeks. My SIL just had her second shot and she said she felt like crap for a few days

I had zero effects from the first shot.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:40:53 PM EDT
[#44]
I’m halfway.

My wife, oldest son and I will all get shot 2 of moderna on 2/5

I wonder if some folks think the sky is green, water is dry, and the clock on the wall is out to get them
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:41:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Don't need it.  I'm rocking the Shanghai Shivers right now.  Near zero symptoms, already work from home and the in-laws are providing an endless buffet of  awesome meals instead of the prison quality chow the wife normally prepares.  What I don't understand, because I'm a simple dolt, why does getting the virus only give 90 days of immunity but the vaccine is the magic bullet??

Sad thing is my wife has slightly worse symptoms but would have been eligible for phase 2 vaccinations this week if she wasn't sick.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:41:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Sore shoulder for the first one.  Feb 3 for the second.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:45:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Because this is the first vaccine using its technology.

Long term issues are unknown.

You are a guinea pig.

Get one if you wish.....I won't.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:50:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Fire chief and 7 of his guys reportedly bring sick enough to stay home the day after number two.  Felt like crap a couple of days after that.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:57:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I’d love to see the results from your peer-reviewed studies. I’m sure it will make for fascinating reading.  

You...do have data...you know...to back up your claim
View Quote

No, no he does not.  As it turns out, the companies that have a huge financial stake at ensuring people receive their products also investigated said products and determined they are safe.

It is probably best to just shut up and take our medicine.  I mean, for the life of me, I can't see why any of these conspiracy theorists would question a company that has paid over $4 billion in fines for a multitude of "violations" Pfizer "violations.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:05:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Who approved the virus?  When did they figure out the long term effects of the NOVEL virus?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top