Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:02:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get that dog to a vet.

Check for microchip.

If none, vax that dag and love it the rest of its life.

Dogs choose us, brah....
View Quote

I like the way this guy thinks!
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:02:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
As was posted already, stop feeding it so much and take it to the vet to get checked out.

If you have a neighborhood group on Facebook, post that you found a pup. You might have a neighbor looking for him. While at the vet, have him scanned for a chip. If the owner had him chipped, you'll be able to contact them and get him home.
View Quote

This may be a requirement in some states and an obligation of the finder to try and return the dog to its owner - if the owner is not trash
As much as FB is garbage, it does have some good functions and lost pet finders is one of them
I used it last month to look for the owner of a little beagle that showed up.  No one claimed her and no chip, so got her rehomed.  
So look for lost dog finder for your country or town.  There may be a couple active FB groups
Post some pictures in some local stores too.  And let vets and local PD know too - they may have had people call them to say their dog wandered off.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:03:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Breed of peace mix

Take him to a shelter
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:05:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Haha, it's your dog now!

Congratulations
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:06:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Name him Phoenix.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:07:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Pit mix
View Quote

This.  Either you'll  have the bestost buddy of your life or you'll be its chew toy.  Hopefully it's the former.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:09:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
In before "hide yo kids, hide yo wife"?
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:11:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Take him to a shelter
View Quote

Haha, I say the same thing for people from Florida.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:11:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:13:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:13:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It is an immensely grateful dog...that is what kind it is.  It looks like a pit bull/staffordshire terrier mix.    If you are wise enough to keep it, you will have one of the most loyal dogs on this planet.  Dogs never forget who saved their life.  

I would name it "Delta" after a very famous dog.  I'll look up the story, and come back and edit this post to add the story of Delta to it.

Here is the story of Delta:

In the year 79 A.D. there was a cataclysmic volcanic eruption of  Mount Vesuvius near the ancient city of Pompeii. Pompeii was a large trading port and home to many thousands of people. Everyone in and near the city of Pompeii at the time of the volcanic eruption perished on that fateful day so many centuries ago. The city was discovered under many feet of earth and volcanic ash.

What was eerily unique to this discovery was that the bodies of all the victims decomposed in the packed sediment which left a hollow cavity freezing in time the moment of there deaths, in a sort of 3 dimensional negative image. When another hollow cavity was discovered a cast was made by filling the void with plaster, creating an impression of the last moments of life for another soul. While archaeologists were making plaster casts of these cavities Delta was discovered. The cast of Delta's body was found lying over the body of a young child. Also found in the bottom of this hollow cavity was a silver engraved collar with the dogs name "Delta" the collar also said that the dogs owner was named Severinus and that Delta had saved his life on three separate occasions

The first time Delta had pulled him out of the sea and saved him from drowning.
The second time Delta had defended Severinus when she fought off 4 attackers who had tried to rob him.
Third she had defended him from a wolf that tried to attack him somewhere near the city of Herculaneum.

Delta the hero dog tried once more (in vain) to save the life of a child, in all likely-hood the child Delta sacrificed her life trying to protect was the sibling of her owner Severinus. Delta may have been unable to save the life of that child but she gave her life trying and even with her dying breath Delta never once thought of herself.

You are very fortunate to have been chosen by this dog.  I accepted a dog that chose me once, and it was indeed a terrific decision.  I was looking at some registered border collie pups in a whelping pen when one of the dogs from a previous litter came up beside me, looked at me, gave me a sniff, and leaned against my leg.  I moved, and the dog moved and again leaned against my leg.  The next time I moved, the dog did the same thing and the breeder said "It looks like you have been chosen by a dog,  rather than you doing the choosing".   So I accepted the suggestion and he turned out to be an absolutely wonderful dog for the next 14.5 years until he went to the rainbow bridge.   I still miss him.

I sure hope you take the hint that the universe has given you.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:19:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It is an immensely grateful dog...that is what kind it is.  It looks like a pit bull/staffordshire terrier mix.    If you are wise enough to keep it, you will have one of the most loyal dogs on this planet.  Dogs never forget who saved their life.  

I would name it "Delta" after a very famous dog.  I'll look up the story, and come back and edit this post to add the story of Delta to it.

Here is the story of Delta:

In the year 79 A.D. there was a cataclysmic volcanic eruption of  Mount Vesuvius near the ancient city of Pompeii. Pompeii was a large trading port and home to many thousands of people. Everyone in and near the city of Pompeii at the time of the volcanic eruption perished on that fateful day so many centuries ago. The city was discovered under many feet of earth and volcanic ash.

What was eerily unique to this discovery was that the bodies of all the victims decomposed in the packed sediment which left a hollow cavity freezing in time the moment of there deaths, in a sort of 3 dimensional negative image. When another hollow cavity was discovered a cast was made by filling the void with plaster, creating an impression of the last moments of life for another soul. While archaeologists were making plaster casts of these cavities Delta was discovered. The cast of Delta's body was found lying over the body of a young child. Also found in the bottom of this hollow cavity was a silver engraved collar with the dogs name "Delta" the collar also said that the dogs owner was named Severinus and that Delta had saved his life on three separate occasions

The first time Delta had pulled him out of the sea and saved him from drowning.
The second time Delta had defended Severinus when she fought off 4 attackers who had tried to rob him.
Third she had defended him from a wolf that tried to attack him somewhere near the city of Herculaneum.

Delta the hero dog tried once more (in vain) to save the life of a child, in all likely-hood the child Delta sacrificed her life trying to protect was the sibling of her owner Severinus. Delta may have been unable to save the life of that child but she gave her life trying and even with her dying breath Delta never once thought of herself.

You are very fortunate to have been chosen by this dog.  I accepted a dog that chose me once, and it was indeed a terrific decision.  I was looking at some registered border collie pups in a whelping pen when one of the dogs from a previous litter came up beside me, looked at me, gave me a sniff, and leaned against my leg.  I moved, and the dog moved and again leaned against my leg.  The next time I moved, the dog did the same thing and the breeder said "It looks like you have been chosen by a dog,  rather than you doing the choosing".   So I accepted the suggestion and he turned out to be an absolutely wonderful dog for the next 14.5 years until he went to the rainbow bridge.   I still miss him.

I sure hope you take the hint that the universe has given you.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:20:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Malnourished and starving?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:21:36 PM EDT
[#15]
The only dog to return to sender.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:22:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Pit looks child deficit
View Quote

Children for the pit gods
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:23:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Pit mix.

He has chosen you and seems to like your other dag.

Grats on new pet!
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:23:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Let him get his energy up a bit and big buddy will have fun little buddy to play with.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:25:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Pit. Beauty too!

Just be careful with the peanut butter. Make sure it doesn't have xylitol in it.  Some brands do. Deadly to dags.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:25:46 PM EDT
[#20]
It's a Yourdog. The best bred there is.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:27:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The kind that op posts a sad thread about losing in a dozen years or so.
Congrats.

Oh, and pit mix.
View Quote

Or ends up shooting in his hallway when it decides to eat one of his children in a few weeks.

(happened to an arfcommer that was a pit lover, but isn't now).
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:28:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Good looking pup OP.  Could be a blessing, for both of you.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:28:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get that dog to a vet.

Check for microchip.

If none, vax that dag and love it the rest of its life.

Dogs choose us, brah....

Me too!
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:31:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Congrats on your new Dag. That is definitely a Pitt
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:32:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:33:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:34:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Stray dogs who, for whatever reason end up with us are the best kind of dog.

The best dogs I've ever known have been strays.

The saying "you never really appreciate the sweet, until you taste the sour" is true, and a dog will never forget that.

Enjoy your new best friend.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:35:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Vet and check for chip. If no chip enjoy your new dog. Looks like a nice clean young pup someones got to be missing him/her.
On next run look for missing pup signs, I'd miss him/her if it were mine.
Good luck
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:36:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Pit.

View Quote

And a doodle.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:36:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You really think that puppy will be capable of eating an entire child in just a few weeks from now?

No shit?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The kind that op posts a sad thread about losing in a dozen years or so.
Congrats.

Oh, and pit mix.

Or ends up shooting in his hallway when it decides to eat one of his children in a few weeks.

(happened to an arfcommer that was a pit lover, but isn't now).

You really think that puppy will be capable of eating an entire child in just a few weeks from now?

No shit?

Well that’s like almost six months in dog years...
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:36:28 PM EDT
[#31]
It's a dog who's going to fill a hole in your heart you never knew existed.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:37:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
... he's grateful you fed him
View Quote
For now.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:39:52 PM EDT
[#33]
You hit the dog lottery!

My step daughter cleaned move out houses for a realty co.
She found a pit/Rott mix locked in a closet. She called me and I said bring him here. For 14 years she was my best buddy. She never had to save me but several time bozo's were more afraid of her than my gun.
I will meet her at the rainbow bridge some day.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:44:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:45:36 PM EDT
[#35]
He picked you OP, you now have 2 best friends. Like most said take him to the Vet for check up and shots be prepared to be loved to death. He good looking for sure. If his demeanor is good and sure look like it your both very lucky
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:45:58 PM EDT
[#36]
A friend for the next 10 to 12 years hopefully.  I'm not a big fan of pits, but I would keep 'er
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:50:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Grats on the new pupper! Get him checked for a chip, if nothing comes up get him his shots, and have a wonderful forever friend
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:52:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
It's a stray pit bull that hasn't been able to feed since the school playgrounds have been closed due to COVID.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:55:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Looks more like ABD than pit to me. Pit statistically more likely for sure and not saying he isnt pit, but I see ABD in that jaw line.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:03:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
get it checked out by a vet asap.

ideally you should not let it around your other dogs. My GF is a vet and see stuff like this all the time where the "stray" is carrying all kinds of diseases in fungal stuff in their lungs and spreads it to your other pets.

so what you feel like doing is a good thing it may cost you high vet bills or losing one of your other pets taking one in off the street without stopping at the vet's office first
View Quote

This. Also digestive stuff- worms, etc.

Congrats on new pup, looks young and hopefully trainable. Check for aggression (not because it looks like a pit/mix, I had to break my toy poodle of semi aggressive tendencies too).
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:18:04 PM EDT
[#41]
I wish dogs would follow me home.

We adopted a stray that wondered up to my grandparents farm. “My” first dog. Loved him madly. Hit by a car a few years later when I was in 5th grade. I was devastated. Hopefully you find the owners or give her/him a good life. I’d say it looks more AmStaff than apbt. They have boxier snouts.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:24:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Get him vetted, feed him up, love him, welcome him into your home.

That dog will love you and give his life to protect you.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:25:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Starving dag.  Looks like a Pit.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:25:21 PM EDT
[#44]
congratulations on your new pit puppy. Socialize it a ton with people and other animals.

I hope you flea checked him before letting him on the carpet and other dog.  He needs to go to a vet and be checked over and be vaccinated.  Doesn't look like he has mange or ringworm but he's almost guaranteed to have worms but hopefully not heartworm.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:48:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Hungry puppy, get ready to make replacement kids.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:51:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Possum
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:51:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Wife and I read all the comments. Some laughs and good points.

Any idea how old this gal is?

16 lbs

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:53:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Looks to be a juvenile jugular remover
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:58:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Don't feed it so quickly. Make sure you can still take the food away. Definitely reconsider this a forever dog or check with home owners insurance, they may drop you or will not cover damage caused by the Breed of Peace.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:02:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Congrats on the free dog OP. Many years of loyal, loving companionship ahead!
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top