Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:30:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He should run for Presidente
View Quote

Long Form or Short Form Birth Certificate?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:32:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Gee you're quite late to the party. And confused by the looks of things. Been whiffing too much of that gas?
View Quote
You seem.... familiar.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:33:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Long Form or Short Form Birth Certificate?
View Quote

At this point, what difference does it make?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:34:44 PM EDT
[#4]
He's ok in my book.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:35:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I find him creepy.  Like Bond Villain/Lex Luther creepy, but I really don't know shit about him.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:52:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This generation’s Howard Hughes.

Hopefully minus the mental issues.
View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:59:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I think he's very smart, and knows how to surround himself with smart people, and has little time for fools and foolishness.

He sets a goal and focuses every effort into achieving it, and he plays the long game.

I admire him a lot. I don't think he's a lost cause like most soulless billionaires either.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:03:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Curious who’s at the top of your list?
View Quote

Soros?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:09:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Apparrently the new Administration is kicking SpaceX and Tesla to the curve.  They plan to favor the Big 3 over Tesla in electric car production.  And they plan to give Bezo's company satellite contracts and resume flying astronauts up to the ISS on the Soyuz craft from Russia.
View Quote

Sounds like something a TESLAQ would say. Cite or shut up.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:19:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
He's just about the only rich guy that got rich by building and producing, and doing it in the US. Also the only one rebelling against the covid lockdown madness. Oh and he posted a few memes about the January 6th capitol riot instead of denouncing it as terrorism, so that puts Musk ahead of the Republican party and even conservatives like Ted Cruz.

The conservative boomersphere really hates him because he's a huge believer in climate change. I can deal with that because he's trying to change society by building superior products that are green instead of demanding the government do it. And in the coming years if you want to be independent you're going to want solar cells and house batter setup.

His reddit fanbase is very annoying.
View Quote

"The conservative boomersphere"

Listen, Sonny....I was an astonished kid when our first moon landing was live on TV. The only time i have ever felt that same rush for anything "space" was watching Musk's company launch a pair of rockets and they both stuck simultaneous, bullseye landings together. "Elegance" is the only word i can think of to describe my feelings on witnessing that.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:19:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Out of all the billionaires, I believe I actually like Elon. I don't know how much he innovates his companies or just owns them, though.
At the absolute least, he's entertaining.
View Quote

This was kind of my thought, he seems like best of the bunch that is in the limelight by far. Worlds better than the likes of Bill Gates and so on.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:21:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Modern day genius with it seems, some common sense too!
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:34:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Huckster and conman that would be nowhere without federal dollars.
View Quote

He certainly is addicted to government money.

But remember he got his start from selling PayPal.

And much of his net worth comes from actually making rockets that work at much less cost.

He built SpaceX from scratch.

So I sneered at his cars (which only make money from subsidies) till my sister in law bought one. She loves it.

It looks like he will get to Mars with his Starship.

Meanwhile, NASA’s non-reusable SLS bloated elephant continues to lag behind schedule, billions over budget.

Blue Origin (Bezos) hasn’t launched anything into orbit yet, despite starting his company 2 years before Musk.

Here’s some perspective on the SLS...
https://arstechnica.com/science/2020/05/nasa-will-pay-a-staggering-146-million-for-each-sls-rocket-engine/
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:36:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

"The conservative boomersphere"

Listen, Sonny....I was an astonished kid when our first moon landing was live on TV. The only time i have ever felt that same rush for anything "space" was watching Musk's company launch a pair of rockets and they both stuck simultaneous, bullseye landings together. "Elegance" is the only word i can think of to describe my feelings on witnessing that.
View Quote

Someone on this site said that when they saw those two stages landing they knew that humanity would become a multi planetary species.

Jerry Riggs - Radar Rider featuring Starman & his Tesla Roadster

When I saw this though, I was overwhelmed. One of the most absurd parts of an intentionally absurd fantasy movie made real.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:38:56 PM EDT
[#15]
This made him cool in my book. Call me crazy or whatever.

Grrr, beat like a Mongolian gong.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:57:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:02:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:05:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Also if you criticize spacex for taking government money. You have to criticize boeing, lockeed, and grumman 2-3 times as much.
View Quote

I mean... really.

SLS is going to throw some very very very expensive motors in the ocean, if it ever flies.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:14:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:16:24 PM EDT
[#20]
It is possible that humanity may have passed through The Great Filter the day Elon Musk was born.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:17:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Love Elon because he's red pilled.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:39:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Harmless Weirdo? I don't get the Pedophile vibe from him as I do from Bozzo, Buffet, Blumturd & Gates.

I'll be honest I don't really know anything about him other than Space X, Tesla, Paypal, is he an evil POS like Soros and the other mentioned clowns? don't know.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:42:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:46:45 PM EDT
[#24]
He’s kinda an asshole, but really isn’t that expected?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:10:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Musk is friggin awesome.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:28:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Also if you criticize spacex for taking government money. You have to criticize boeing, lockeed, and grumman 2-3 times as much.
View Quote

And GM, Ford, Chrysler, GE, every single bank, etc...
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:33:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Harmless Weirdo? I don't get the Pedophile vibe from him as I do from Bozzo, Buffet, Blumturd & Gates.

I'll be honest I don't really know anything about him other than Space X, Tesla, Paypal, is he an evil POS like Soros and the other mentioned clowns? don't know.
View Quote
I watched some long speech of his a couple months ago, and thought he just looked like a typical awkward engineer. Made me laugh.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:59:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Heard he has an inferiority complex.

OP is Elon Musk.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:44:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Kind of like oil companies?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tesla is just about everything wrong with big tech big brother and what you actually own/don't own and the control these companies will have over you.

Kind of like oil companies?

Oil companies can't/don't monitor everything your car does and reconfigure/shut it down on a whim.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:54:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I like him. Listened to both of JREs.

I like Tesla and Neurolink and SpaceX too
View Quote

This. He's one of my man crushes.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:57:25 PM EDT
[#31]
A modern day super hero.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:11:53 PM EDT
[#32]
what's all this about Elon Musk sending a car into space?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:17:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Don't like him , don't hate him.

He's growing on me , especially over the last year.

How he handles the new administration in the next year will firm up my opinion on him one way or another.
Him pledging $100M for a 'carbon capture' tech prize today leaves me scratching my head a bit.
Maybe an appeasement move , IDK.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:20:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
what's all this about Elon Musk sending a car into space?
View Quote

He sent the shell of a car in to space , not the complete car.
Photo op stunt that played out well with his fellators.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:29:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

He sent the shell of a car in to space , not the complete car.
Photo op stunt that played out well with his fellators.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:35:21 PM EDT
[#36]
I admire overachievers like him.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:40:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I don't think about him at all.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:47:12 PM EDT
[#38]
I admire anyone who basically murders short sellers.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:47:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

The entire drivetrain and suspension was stripped out , the wheels were mounted on the same aluminum welded jig as the body was.
Payload simulator was under that jig and adjusted for the weight of the stunt. Weight and balance came in to play and the SpaceX team didn't wan to risk an off balance payload on the first FNH test.

Now get to work and prove me wrong.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:49:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The entire drivetrain and suspension was stripped out , the wheels were mounted on the same aluminum welded jig as the body was.
Payload simulator was under that jig and adjusted for the weight of the stunt. Weight and balance came in to play and the SpaceX team didn't wan to risk an off balance payload on the first FNH test.

View Quote

nobody cares.

All it needs to do is be a certain weight.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:50:57 PM EDT
[#41]
I think he's very rich.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:53:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Somewhere in between, OP

Which isn’t half bad. He’s in my queue of motivational videos I watch some mornings.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:53:34 PM EDT
[#43]
I think he and Trump would be a powerful team.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:54:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:56:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ok, you walking cliche of a used car salesman.

I'm looking forward to the day when you can afford a ticket to the moon. Just so you can drive whatever the moon equivalent of a Tesla Cybertruck is across its surface one day.

There's fixing to be many more.... Cars! In! Space!!!
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:58:02 PM EDT
[#46]
He's half Thomas Edison, half Dr. No.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:02:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

nobody cares.

All it needs to do is be a certain weight.
View Quote

Do you even weight and balance and moment Bro ?

Put 3000Lb 30% off center on a rocket payload and tell an engineer that's what you plan to do , on the very first flight of a brand new rocket.

LOL
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:04:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Seriously though, he is revolutionizing spaceflight.

Whatever else you think of him, his personality, etc... he's a genius with the drive, work ethic, business savvy, and risk-taking mentality to achieve great things.

Which is why I compare him to Thomas Edison.   There's some very close parallels there.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:07:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Over hyped dude that was in the right place at the right time when lightning struck.

He played his cards perfectly with the hand he was dealt.

If he didnt do it somebody else would have come along.
View Quote

Really?  Someone else was going to come along with the specific intent of dramatically reducing the cost of spaceflight?    

Because the past 70 years of big aerospace seems to indicate that they haven't had any such inclination ever.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:07:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Ok, you walking cliche of a used car salesman.

I'm looking forward to the day when you can afford a ticket to the moon. Just so you can drive whatever the moon equivalent of a Tesla Cybertruck is across its surface one day.

There's fixing to be many more.... Cars! In! Space!!!
View Quote

How much are you paying for your ticket to the Moon ?
I know I won't be buying one , but curious how much yours cost and how you became able to afford to pay for it.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top