User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:19:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When did it become your job to complain about people using common sense to mitigate the spread of a virus?
View Quote

lol...
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:21:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I was irritated in general, tired, hungry too.  I'm in the store, picking out stuff for a nice dinner, and some guy comes up and asks me why I'm not wearing a mask.  I'm normally a fairly nice guy, but his timing sucked.
I said, "Because I don't give a fuck about you.  Go away."

Not sure where that came from but I've used it a couple times since.  Works- they go away.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:22:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You say you don't care so would it make a difference if you knew it would save someone's life or you just an ass.  I don't agree with a mask mandate I think we should all be adults and try to help one another.
View Quote

Agreed, we should give all of our earnings to those that can’t or just won’t work to provide for them & their own...

...you first
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:26:05 PM EDT
[#4]
There's decency to fellow men and there's complicity in perpetuating a lie for fellow men.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:27:42 PM EDT
[#5]
When you signed up on arfcom, you agreed to be a SHEEPDOG.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:28:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Bunch of weasley white supremacist nazi insurrectionists.  Wear your fucking mask, distance and get the vaccine.

Self centered arrogant bastards.  This shit is real and it is here.  Stop sticking your dumb faces in the sand and wear a mask!!!!!!!!

Thank God, Biden will sniff a path out of this for all of us.  Whether you voted for him or not.  Papa joe is here for us all.

PEOPLE ARE DYING!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Edgy.

Bunch of weasley white supremacist nazi insurrectionists.  Wear your fucking mask, distance and get the vaccine.

Self centered arrogant bastards.  This shit is real and it is here.  Stop sticking your dumb faces in the sand and wear a mask!!!!!!!!

Thank God, Biden will sniff a path out of this for all of us.  Whether you voted for him or not.  Papa joe is here for us all.

PEOPLE ARE DYING!

Agreed. WE’RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!...

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:31:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
When did it become your job to complain about people using common sense to mitigate the spread of a virus?
View Quote

Probably about the same time the panicking retards imposed their irrational fear onto the general public. But what the fuck do I know?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:35:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:36:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I know people that got really sick some that died but most got over it after a few weeks. I don't really want to deal with it in any fashion so I don't want you to either. The mask deal got political for no reason so we now have people on both sides upset over nothing. Wearing a proper mask is the least we can do instead it gets turned into you can't take my freedom battle cry. When things do get serious like so many here have prophesied we will have no hope because we will bicker with each other over stupid little things.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You gonna keep wearing a mask after this specific virus? No? Why not? Aren't you worried about saving a life?

This was never about helping one another... and your tone smacks of condescension. I get to decide what an adult means to me, not you, and you aren't my parent to try to tell me so.

I know people that got really sick some that died but most got over it after a few weeks. I don't really want to deal with it in any fashion so I don't want you to either. The mask deal got political for no reason so we now have people on both sides upset over nothing. Wearing a proper mask is the least we can do instead it gets turned into you can't take my freedom battle cry. When things do get serious like so many here have prophesied we will have no hope because we will bicker with each other over stupid little things.

The mentality you have of "the least we can do" is tainted by mandates and is now impervious to any type of debate.

Your mentality of "upset over nothing" and "stupid little things" devalues freedom every time you post with that attitude. Liberty is not a little thing.

Liberty is the only thing.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:39:44 PM EDT
[#10]
On or about 3/17/20.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:44:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
‘Your mask protects me’

But, I don’t care what happens to you
View Quote

Why can't I shoot a gun in public? Who cares if the bullet went an inch from your head. It didn't hit you. Who cares what happens to other people, muh freedoms.

Sounds pretty dumb doesn't it?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:47:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Attachment Attached File
Quoted:

When did it become your job to complain about people commenting about this specific virus? Did you do this for any other virus types?

The issue isn't about common sense, it's about people applying their thinking to someone else. Thinking 'common sense' or [any other actually justified or not actually justified 'sense'] means tyranny is somehow moral is not very... common sensical.

If you want to wear a mask, go ahead. You can have no reason to do so, any reason to do so, no matter what the reason is.
If you want someone else to wear a mask, you'd best expect to be able to persuade him. If you don't, you have 2 choices: leave him the fuck alone, or force him to wear a mask. Nobody is obligated to accept anything you decide you want to think about... and how much you think it's 'common sense' has no bearing.

I'm including this post. You don't have to accept this post, and I don't have to have you accept this post, which means you can mind your own business and I can mind mine. Bet you can't though, you just gotta impose your 'common sense' on other people.
View All Quotes
Attachment Attached File
Quoted:
Quoted:

When did it become your job to complain about people commenting about this specific virus? Did you do this for any other virus types?

The issue isn't about common sense, it's about people applying their thinking to someone else. Thinking 'common sense' or [any other actually justified or not actually justified 'sense'] means tyranny is somehow moral is not very... common sensical.

If you want to wear a mask, go ahead. You can have no reason to do so, any reason to do so, no matter what the reason is.
If you want someone else to wear a mask, you'd best expect to be able to persuade him. If you don't, you have 2 choices: leave him the fuck alone, or force him to wear a mask. Nobody is obligated to accept anything you decide you want to think about... and how much you think it's 'common sense' has no bearing.

I'm including this post. You don't have to accept this post, and I don't have to have you accept this post, which means you can mind your own business and I can mind mine. Bet you can't though, you just gotta impose your 'common sense' on other people.
Now that was an old school WWF smack down.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:49:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Point missed. Completely.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:55:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I’m new around here, but is this sarcasm?

You can’t actually mean that, right?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:56:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You say you don't care so would it make a difference if you knew it would save someone's life or you just an ass.  I don't agree with a mask mandate I think we should all be adults and try to help one another.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:58:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

When "common sense" has no scientific basis.

Do you eat garlic to ward off vampires?   You should.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When "common sense" has no scientific basis.

Do you eat garlic to ward off vampires?   You should.
I eat garlic cause it's awesome, well not real garlic but the garlic powder that the dollar store sells, I sprinkle that shit on everything

this pandemic shit has taught me the utility of wearing a bandana around my neck

I will occasionally pull it up and wear it as a mask but it comes in real handy to wipe my nose every now and then

they can even be kind of warm if you pull them up over your ears
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:59:48 PM EDT
[#17]
I thought this was going to have something to do with open carry
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:59:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I was irritated in general, tired, hungry too.  I'm in the store, picking out stuff for a nice dinner, and some guy comes up and asks me why I'm not wearing a mask.  I'm normally a fairly nice guy, but his timing sucked.

Not sure where that came from but I've used it a couple times since.  Works- they go away.
View Quote

“My mask is with your balls - nowhere to be found.”
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:00:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:01:15 AM EDT
[#20]
If you could get a vetted news source or site like Snopes to put out something that said purple socks keep you from getting the China Couf, people would literally start wearing purple socks and yelling at other people for not doing it.

They would not think about it, they would not read any reports to the contrary, they would just do it.

It is 100% fanatical buy-in to government having your best interests at heart and not lying to you... and they can't see anything else.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:01:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

New guy don’t think Boomers be like they is, but they do.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:03:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:14:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The mask mandates went into effect to raise the covid numbers. They were dropping too early and they decided the best way to increase the spread of the virus was to force people to use and reuse masks on their face that they touch all the time, spreading the virus around to themselves and others via surface contamination.
View Quote

Additionally, sucking up your own CO2 diminishes your immune system.  You can watch these videos of folks using air quality gauges under their masks.  The fucking thing starts going bonkers after about 4 seconds of breathing, no exaggeration.  Now figure in the fact that some folks are wearing this shit for hours on end, yet the air they were breathing became toxic within seconds of putting it on.

Folks try to combat this with an O2 monitor, but that just tells you what your blood oxygen saturation level is.  You can die of CO poisoning with 100% o2 sats.  

If anyone tells you that their breathing is the same when they are wearing the mask, they are lying.  

To the one guy saying, "I don't know why this has to be political, and why can't we just act like adults and help one another?"  Get a life fella.  If you want us to act like adults, why don't you just trust folks to sneeze into their hands, arms, elbows, etc...wouldn't that be better than wearing the stupid mask?

So I went to the Chinese buffet for lunch a few weeks ago.  They want you to wear the mask while getting food.  Now, admittedly, my mask (and damn near everyone else's masks) are fucking gross...I have never washed this thing and it's been with me for months.  So, instead of just going up to the buffet, grabbing the spoon and getting my food, I do something entirely different.  I grab that disgusting mask, put it on my face, adjust it, then I go grab the spoons and serve myself.  I just transferred all of the shit (likely literally) from my mask to those spoons.  

Let's say you're following me in that buffet line, which would you prefer I do?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:25:27 AM EDT
[#24]
"Why aren't you wearing a mask?"

"Because it won't help. I already have the rice rabies."

Followed by coughing at them.

I'm done with these people.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:40:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Lol.
View Quote

I am just curious, but I can't find the time each and every day to post to Arfcom like 30 times like you have for the past 6 months consistently, in your defense.

Do you work? What do you do?

Is that company hiring?

Thanks for having paid your $24 though.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:55:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Eat more beans...
If folks can smell the gas, then their mask isn’t working and they’re too close to you anyways.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:57:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Eat more beans...
If folks can smell the gas, then their mask isn’t working and they’re too close to you anyways.
View Quote

User name not appropriate

ETA 5 posts in 7 years ain't very yacky.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:59:05 AM EDT
[#28]
" />
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:00:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
‘Your mask protects me’

But, I don’t care what happens to you
View Quote

@patdyespants

It’s heartless people like you that will lead to the unnecessary deaths of hundreds of thousands of terminally ill nursing home patients!

I am seeing outpatients only right now.  When they ask if they need to “wear this stupid mask”, I tell them I don’t care what they do once they’re in the room with me.  The hospital does require they wear a mask to get into the building.  I do wear an N95 because I don’t have earned time and I don’t want 2 weeks without pay on quarantine.  Although the masks will be ending once my vaccine takes effect.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:10:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

@patdyespants

It’s heartless people like you that will lead to the unnecessary deaths of hundreds of thousands of terminally ill nursing home patients!

I am seeing outpatients only right now.  When they ask if they need to “wear this stupid mask”, I tell them I don’t care what they do once they’re in the room with me.  The hospital does require they wear a mask to get into the building.  I do wear an N95 because I don’t have earned time and I don’t want 2 weeks without pay on quarantine.  Although the masks will be ending once my vaccine takes effect.
View Quote

How effective would you say the N95 is on stopping the spread of the virus?
100%, 90%, 75%, 50%, less?
Now how about the cloth masks 90% of the people wear?
Thanks in advance for your response.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:11:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

One would think that a lawyer would know that the cops have no duty or responsibility to protect you from someone else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But, I don't care what happens to you
That's why we have police I guess.

One would think that a lawyer would know that the cops have no duty or responsibility to protect you from someone else.
No, a lawyer would know that the cops are under no general duty to protect any particular individual, but rather the public-at-large. That’s a far cry from “no duty or responsibility:

• Item 1

• Item 2

There are countless scenarios in which the police DO have a specific duty to protect particular individuals.

Failure to adequately perform or abandoning an action once undertaken can easily transform that general duty to a specific duty and give rise to breach.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:22:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@patdyespants

@MADMAXXX

The virus is mainly spread by respiratory droplets, so an N95, when used properly, is quite effective.  By “used properly”, I mean that people aren’t fiddle-faddling with it constantly, touching the outside and inside of the mask constantly like some child obsessed with a knee scab.  The N95 does filter out even very small droplets through electro-static charge.  The virus is also spread by contact with contaminated surfaces but we’re finding out it’s to a considerably lesser extent than by air.

Cloth masks should clue the wearer into not touching their face/mouth/nose, but it almost seems to encourage the behavior.  That coupled with the diminished filtering capability means they will be less effective than using an N95 properly.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:27:34 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But, I don't care what happens to you
That's why we have police I guess.

No, a lawyer would know that the cops are under no general duty to protect any particular individual, but rather the public at large. That’s a far cry from “no duty or responsibility”:

• There are countless scenarios in which the police DO have a specific duty to protect particular individuals.

• Failure to adequately perform or abandoning an action once undertaken can transform that general duty to a specific duty, giving rise to a finding of negligence.

• Criminal statutes (e.g., failure to arrest, dereliction of duty) and additional civil causes of action (e.g., failure to train, inadequate supervision) can confer upon police a “responsibility” to protect a specific individual.

One would think GD would actually go read the Warren opinion at some point, rather than totally mucking it up in every thread that mentions it, year after year.

Here.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:32:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

" />
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:33:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not boomers that are mostly the ones pisssing their pants over this. Ironically, the ones most scared are the ones at whose age they don't have much to worry about.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:42:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I am just curious, but I can't find the time each and every day to post to Arfcom like 30 times like you have for the past 6 months consistently, in your defense.

Is that company hiring?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol.

Is that company hiring?

I work for and by myself.  I am some combination of ADD and high functioning spectrum. I get focused on things and  I am extremely efficient at multi tasking.  I also have 4 kids, 3 of which are in  competitive sports.

I read quick and dont spam all the threads, generally active in the ones I do go into. Easy to pop back into a green arrow  read 4 responses and post a reply.

It's not hard.  And through the day, il take a break here and there and post.  I have to take a minute because of how my mind works.   I have to reset my brain throughout the day or I am not as efficient.   I've just recently realized how different I operate than others.

I'm not overly social irl.  I am a one man wolf pack.  It's my personality.   Funny thing is everyone likes me.  I just get bored with standard social interactions.   I can do it for a bit but then I want to go home.

ETA
Aimless
Whiskers
Dude with a truck avatar
Deathhates
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:44:05 AM EDT
[#37]
I don’t know who you are.... but I like the spirit!
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:56:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahem, that's Walmart...
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:18:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Been awhile since we’ve had a mask thread
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:24:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
That's why I CC...
View Quote

You should open carry.  It makes people feel unsafe.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:25:03 AM EDT
[#41]
The right: "I don't understand why the liberals are winning! They're going to be loading us all on train cars if we don't stop them! We must rise up against tyranny"

Also the right: "Fuck everybody else. I only look out for myself. It's my patriotic duty to not do things for other people."

And I am not even talking about masks.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:26:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

"ARF ARF!"
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:44:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The right: "I don't understand why the liberals are winning! They're going to be loading us all on train cars if we don't stop them! We must rise up against tyranny"

Also the right: "Fuck everybody else. I only look out for myself. It's my patriotic duty to not do things for other people."

And I am not even talking about masks.
View Quote

stop it

you have to be retarded here

eta: it's your duty to be that way
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:14:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Probably around the same time that it became others' jobs to attempt to force people to wear masks, forcefully shut down businesses, publicly shame anyone who doesn't buy into the nonsense, and are now doubling down on their stupid efforts?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:15:02 AM EDT
[#45]
I avoid public spaces filled with idiots now as much as ever. I am in finance so I talk to people on the phone quite often but get the ability to avoid interaction as much as possible.

My life is Work > Home > Work repeatedly which means that I am only around people I know 99% of the time. Everything else gets delivered to the house as needed.

My wife and I are both much happier now that avoiding being in public is everyone’s methodology. Less traffic too.

So I’m my humble opinion if you are around people who are giving you crap for “not masking” you are dealing with the average public morons way to much.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top