Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/21/2021 11:11:14 AM EDT
looks like reloaders are going to be out of supply for a while

Jason Vanderbrink, President of Federal, CCI, Speer and Remington Addresses Your Questions
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:13:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Does anyone actually believe that the number one question had anything to do with the health of the workers?

This is bs propaganda
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:14:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I would a month old dupe but the archives are closed.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:15:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would a month old dupe but the archives are closed.

View Quote

video was posted this morning

your thinking of the previous video

A+ for effort though
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:17:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Does anyone actually believe that the number one question had anything to do with the health of the workers?

This is bs propaganda
View Quote

That lack of empathy got Biden into the White House.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:18:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:22:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Can't watch at work, someone give me a rundown?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:24:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Jason Vanderbrink, President of Federal, CCI, Speer and Remington, addresses your questions regarding safety and health of our employees, availability of hunting loads, primers and more with this ammo demand update.

He said they made more hunting ammo in 2020 than in the 99 year history of the company.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:24:23 AM EDT
[#8]
What a douche....keep talking like a sock puppet and I’ll go find and buy my stuff else where.
Why are you treating your employees like POW’s?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:25:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
No primers, all primers made going to production instead of market

No increase in production due to lack of demand before panic

All stuff we already know
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:25:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Primers are gone because the primers that used to go on the market for reloaders are now being used for them to make ammo. And they're making ammo as fast as they can.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:26:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Seems to be that they could have started new facilities several years ago when the demand started going up, but I suspect they enjoy the added revenue they can charge with the current demand more than making it available and cheap again.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:26:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Okay, so excess primer capacity is now an intraplant transfer.  Assume the same thing with cases and boolits.  What's the bottleneck now?  Machine time?  Supply chain? Labor?

I think this dude in the video sucks at forecasting.  Everything he does is reaction, not being proactive.  Does he really think that demand will be less in the future than it is now?

Those machines might as well be stamping out gold coins.  I'd be ruthless when it comes to increasing capacity.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:29:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

We made all the ammo we could, and it wasn't enough.  We're working on it.

Women and minorities hunt.

We're keeping the primers to ourselves so we can keep up with the demand for factory ammo.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:29:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Although those companies make great ammo and raw components it’s just not good for the industry as a whole for one company to control so much of the market.The start up cost and regulatory hurdles must be extremely high because it seems like someone would tool up and start making primers.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:29:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:31:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Im surprised they cant crank out primers relatively easy

I mean its a metal cup with some sensitive boom powder and a anvil on top
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:32:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Jason Vanderbrink, President of Federal, CCI, Speer and Remington, addresses your questions regarding safety and health of our employees, availability of hunting loads, primers and more with this ammo demand update.

He said they made more hunting ammo in 2020 than in the 99 year history of the company.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And most importantly their employees and their families are safe from Rice Rabies.
They sold more “hunting” ammo because more people are out hunting because it’s a great way to social distance......
They are not going to build new factories and the primers you get as reloaders are excess capacity primers.
What a tool.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:32:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That lack of empathy got Biden into the White House.
View Quote

Election fraud had a bigger influence.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:33:47 AM EDT
[#19]
If there was a glut of supply for three years, why didn't prices reflect that? I didn't buy much at all in 8 years because prices never approached 2012 levels. I never expected 2003 levels, but $300/cs was too rich to me for 3moa ammo.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:34:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:35:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

The chemical slurry that goes into primers is a mix of something like 14 different things. 3-4 of which ONLY come from Xina land.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:36:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Why hasn't there been a flood of wolf/barnul/pmc etc? Is component shortage world wide?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:36:40 AM EDT
[#23]
He must have received some PR training since the first video. Didn't sound so whiney this time.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:36:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Yes, add more production capability for primers so it can sit idle next time ammo and reloading is back to low again just like every other fucking panic so far. 2 years ago it was cheap and people didn't stock up. After a mass shooting or election it goes up, then comes down. Plan ahead people. Not a companies job to take all the risk of adding new shit to keep you supplied when you didn't plan ahead enough.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:37:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

What magic supplier are you going to go to?

Primer imports don't seem to be flooding into the country right now. Not enough to matter anyway.

A couple of panics ago, Wolf eventually trickled in enough to keep us going (at higher cost).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What a douche....keep talking like a sock puppet and I’ll go find and buy my stuff else where.

What magic supplier are you going to go to?

Primer imports don't seem to be flooding into the country right now. Not enough to matter anyway.

A couple of panics ago, Wolf eventually trickled in enough to keep us going (at higher cost).

Given a choice it won’t be them.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:37:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
He must have received some PR training since the first video. Didn't sound so whiney this time.
View Quote

He's still doing the goofy hand gestures.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:39:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Health of their employees never crossed my mind.  I must be a horrible person.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:40:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

No increase in production due to lack of demand before panic

View Quote

Which is a complete lie.  There has been an ammo shortage since Sandy Hook.  The real reason is if you keep the supply low then you can raise your prices.  Sandy Hook was 8 years ago and people have been scrambling to buy ammo since.  In 2019 the shelves were finally getting back to the point of being fully stocked as supply was starting to finally catch up.  That was 7 years of a high demand from all the new shooters due to Obama promising gun control after Sandy Hook.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:41:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Jeebus Criminy, that guy is horrible as a spokesperson.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:42:32 AM EDT
[#30]
I'm still crying about Wolf primer availability, fuck those other brands. I don't even remember what happened it's been so long, did Obama ban the import or something.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:43:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Still mono-tone and sounds condescending.  His presentation in his video causes me to generally dislike him.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:43:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Yes, add more production capability for primers so it can sit idle next time ammo and reloading is back to low again just like every other fucking panic so far. 2 years ago it was cheap and people didn't stock up. After a mass shooting or election it goes up, then comes down. Plan ahead people. Not a companies job to take all the risk of adding new shit to keep you supplied when you didn't plan ahead enough.
View Quote

Theres no point in arguing. The people who think they know the industry better than Federal are the same kind of people who play Microsoft Flight simulator and then come on here & argue with real pilots.

They’re not going to listen to facts.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:45:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Which is a complete lie.  There has been an ammo shortage since Sandy Hook.  The real reason is if you keep the supply low then you can raise your prices.  Sandy Hook was 8 years ago and people have been scrambling to buy ammo since.  In 2019 the shelves were finally getting back to the point of being fully stocked as supply was starting to finally catch up.  That was 7 years of a high demand from all the new shooters due to Obama promising gun control after Sandy Hook.
View Quote

What are you talking about? 2017 and 2018 was some of the best ammo buying ever, they where almost paying us to take it. How quickly you all forget. lol
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:48:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Gun companies invested in more production during panics of old.  They took on long term debt for short term gains.  When the market relaxed back to normal demand, they had excess capacity, too much debt and no way to the pay the debt off.

Ammo manufacturers would be morons to fall into the same trap.  You don't take on long term debt to serve a short term bubble.

You put out as much ammo as you possibly can and work to the bone, but you don't take on debt.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:49:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Seems to be that they could have started new facilities several years ago when the demand started going up, but I suspect they enjoy the added revenue they can charge with the current demand more than making it available and cheap again.
View Quote
Why would a business owner want to drive the supply for their product up during an unprecedented demand for their product? If your reasoning is  "so everyone can get some", then I'm going to laugh.

The gnashing of teeth from the ammo poors here is hilarious. They are my favorite threads on arf right now.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:50:08 AM EDT
[#36]
Prior to last year I normally kept 2 to 3K primers on hand.

I now have 10K on hand.  Most on this forum have much more.

I know I'm part of the problem and that's why I refuse to blame the manufacturers for the current crisis.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:50:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Get to work please!

Thank you
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:50:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

This is bs propaganda
View Quote

"Are you motherfuckers making anything or did you all die?"
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:51:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

If so they would have been kicking themselves in 2018 and 2019 when you could barely give guns and ammo away. How quickly we forget the salad days.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:52:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Although those companies make great ammo and raw components it’s just not good for the industry as a whole for one company to control so much of the market.The start up cost and regulatory hurdles must be extremely high because it seems like someone would tool up and start making primers.
View Quote

This. Rattling off all the products they are responsible for was a holy shit moment. They make everything.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:52:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Man, everyone is bagging on this guy hard for some reason.  They're obviously working to capacity and likely not interested in turning away sales.  However building a new factory is 10's (if not100's) of millions, and years of investment that may not be needed when the market pulls back.  Plus, if there is any major gun legislation it could put a big dent in any future sales/capacity needs.  If he said they're building a new factory in every state starting now, people would be pissed it wasn't already done next week.  Lot of people sound like spoiled children/libs demanding a company ask "how high" as soon you you say jump.  This is what a panic looks like and it's nothing new.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:53:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
If there was a glut of supply for three years, why didn't prices reflect that? I didn't buy much at all in 8 years because prices never approached 2012 levels. I never expected 2003 levels, but $300/cs was too rich to me for 3moa ammo.
View Quote
Prices did reflect that.

Aguila 9mm in 2010- $200 per case of 1,000
Aguila 9mm in 2018- $180 per case of 1,000

IMI 556 in 2012- $359 per case of 1,200
IMI 556 in 2018- $290 per case of 1,200

I have receipts for these prices.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:55:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
From a business standpoint it wouldn't make sense either. Their machines are all long paid for. Why would they spend capital to add more machinery that would sit idle for years at a time? They are cranking out plenty of ammo, there's just no backstock right now.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:55:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

We can't manufacture ammo because of Common Cold 2020

Jay
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:56:22 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Gun companies invested in more production during panics of old.  They took on long term debt for short term gains.  When the market relaxed back to normal demand, they had excess capacity, too much debt and no way to the pay the debt off.

Ammo manufacturers would be morons to fall into the same trap.  You don't take on long term debt to serve a short term bubble.

You put out as much ammo as you possibly can and work to the bone, but you don't take on debt.
View Quote
This guy gets it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:57:33 AM EDT
[#46]
I guess this means the planet is going to be a quiet place with out all that indiscriminate small arms fire.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:04:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

So do you want Jason to call you, or no?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:05:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

What are you talking about? 2017 and 2018 was some of the best ammo buying ever, they where almost paying us to take it. How quickly you all forget. lol
View Quote

I do not recall ammo prices so cheap they were almost paying us to take it. Ever. I do recall panics that wiped the shelves out a few times of most calibers due to shootings and election stuff. But I never recall a point where there is not one box of ammo of any caliber on a shelf. Zero calibers on the shelf now. No 12 gauge. No .357 sig. no .357 magnum. No hunting calibers. I check the stores around me. They are not getting ammo in. At all. Where is it going then? I can care less about a video that spends time talking about covid safety protocols and increased hunting as to why there is no ammo. They are making massive profits at this point. The prices we are seeing are going to push people out of the shooting sports if this goes on long term. Having a ammo fort stashed away is great but are you still shooting every week or month like you used to? I’m not. I ran across some 9mm  for $16-$20 a box in Kansas City and I picked up a box. It went into the stock pile. I have been holding on to my money for any calibers I have yet to see in months. I have yet to see .40, .45, .38 anywhere. I have a stockpile of that as well but I can not continue my 500 round monthly training sessions with my .38 at this rate. I hope this ammo situation comes back to normal in the future. I’m trying to stay positive.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:06:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Man, everyone is bagging on this guy hard for some reason.  They're obviously working to capacity and likely not interested in turning away sales.  However building a new factory is 10's (if not100's) of millions, and years of investment that may not be needed when the market pulls back.  Plus, if there is any major gun legislation it could put a big dent in any future sales/capacity needs.  If he said they're building a new factory in every state starting now, people would be pissed it wasn't already done next week.  Lot of people sound like spoiled children/libs demanding a company ask "how high" as soon you you say jump.  This is what a panic looks like and it's nothing new.
View Quote

THIS.

I have a few manufacturing clients that I have discussed the ammo shortage with. Two of them have first-hand knowledge of companies that went under AFTER rushing to capture market demand in their product space, and when the demand waned, they had excess production capacity with no demand to meet it. Debt service on the production expansion wiped them out ultimately. And it was a painful and costly death. They tried to stave off the downing with cost-cutting that started with layoffs, then debt restructuring, then receivership, then nothing. The time horizon for these production expansions is measured in YEARS, not months. To do so otherwise is a huge gamble, amounting to a guess. You cant make a $50 million dollar guess and expect to be around for any length of time.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:10:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
One would think they could run the primer machines 24/7 and plenty of primers

Are they hiring, I could pocked handfuls of primers while working
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top