BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:14:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So he exposed our government’s extra–constitutional activities and didn’t have his life ruined and have to wait for a pardon in a supermax?  Sounds like winning to me. Also, not like no one tried to expose it before, not like no one in gov had been asked by the press about it before.
View Quote

Lol.

Probably like 5 years. You know, like the whistleblowers before him and since him. I guess betraying your nation to China and Russia only costs dignity and honor. If he truly did what he did for his nation, us and is a real patriot of America the math seems pretty fucking simple. You do you.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:16:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Both are traitors and they should be dealt with accordingly.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:18:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd rather hang out with Snowden or Assange over most people I know.

I have loyalty to my country, not my government. Snowden called out the lying snakes in our gov and some people here defend them.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:19:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don’t think either of them should be installed as POTUS.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:35:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Lol.

Probably like 5 years. You know, like the whistleblowers before him and since him. I guess betraying your nation to China and Russia only costs dignity and honor. If he truly did what he did for his nation, us and is a real patriot of America the math seems pretty fucking simple. You do you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So he exposed our government’s extra–constitutional activities and didn’t have his life ruined and have to wait for a pardon in a supermax?  Sounds like winning to me. Also, not like no one tried to expose it before, not like no one in gov had been asked by the press about it before.

Lol.

Well I wouldn’t have done shit except keep that sweet gov gig in Hawaii.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:36:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

damn son
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:18:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hang clapper for treason, then we’ll talk about punishment for Snowden.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:24:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

In that case Snowden better stay in Russia then. I'd rather be there anyway than face our fair, impartial, and excellent US Department of Justice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No, they fled to avoid prosecution and that puts the kibosh on any statute of limitations.

In that case Snowden better stay in Russia then. I'd rather be there anyway than face our fair, impartial, and excellent US Department of Justice.

Yep. The espionage act isn’t something you want o be charged with. Fair trials don’t exist when you’re up against that.

OP, stop listening to .gov and their rhetoric. Total bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:26:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Not really, David Petraeus told people what was going in open testimony before Congress (granted he didn't use classified materiel). Snowden could have gone public to the NYT or WaPo. He could have had the same balls as Daniel Ellsburg. He could have fled the US without the computer data instead of handing it off to the Russians and Chinese.

How much of what Assange does is a disinformation operation? Why do people cheer a foreign intelligence operative?
View Quote

Snowden literally went to a major newspaper and the journalist got a pulitzer prize for reporting it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:28:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I guess this is the thread where people make excuses for the government employees spying on US citizens for fun because muh china muh russia

guess so
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:31:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Exposing crime, betrayal and corruption of the DC "elites"?

All for it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:31:39 PM EDT
[#12]
They were both instrumental in revealing a massive, corrupt, and unaccountable Federal power structure....the true, sick depths the deep state can run.

After this election and the past 4 years, if you're still on the side of the Federal suckhole after seeing how broken the intelligence community and Federal government is, you're probably sporting a boner at the incoming administration.

Assange and Snowden did what was necessary to expose the depravity of the swamp. I don't care what their loyalty is or their intentions, really.

The US government is beyond redemption at this point. Anyone who shines light on its black guts is to be commended.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:33:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By @PatrickHangry:
Manning was the one who broke the law leaking the video, but you know what?  He released a video of the military deliberating murdering a journalist from a helicopter.  That's a crime, and if the system is not going to hold itself accountable, someone else might.
View Quote

Repeating Assange's lies won't make them true. The unedited version of the video pretty clearly shows that the journalists in question were embedded with insurgents who were actively engaging US forces when they were engaged by the Apache. Accidentally killing journalists embedded with terrorists is in no way the same thing as deliberately murdering a journalist.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:47:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Assange actually held back publishing some info he had and when that other "news" website said they were going to publish it he tried to contact the US and let them know so they could get ahead of it.  I'm not saying he's a saint, but looking at who's come out against him and the trumped up charges against him ought to at least make one stop and think that maybe the government isn't telling the truth (once again).
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:08:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Snowden IS a Russian citizen and has unconditionally pledged his loyalty to Russia.

That's kind of a "clue."
View Quote

If I were stuck in Russia under an asylum arrangement that could evaporate at the whim of the government, I'd apply for citizenship as well.

I'm pretty sure pledging loyalty is a standard condition of any naturalization process, but I'm willing to entertain evidence of the unconditional loyalty of a guy actively seeking a pardon so he can return to the US.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:30:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Because they revealed crimes committed against all of us.
View Quote

^^^

The jack boot thug lickers here think it's ok to violate our civil and constitutional rights.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:47:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:49:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:50:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Trump should have pardoned El Chapo and Tiger King let the party get started under the new regime.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:53:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

If I were stuck in Russia under an asylum arrangement that could evaporate at the whim of the government, I'd apply for citizenship as well.

I'm pretty sure pledging loyalty is a standard condition of any naturalization process, but I'm willing to entertain evidence of the unconditional loyalty of a guy actively seeking a pardon so he can return to the US.
View Quote

Historically, the Russians are surprisingly good to publicly burned assets. They put up with a lot from Burgess and Maclean. IIRC they even paid off Hansen after his conviction. They look at it as a trading currency/advertisement with new spies, "Look at how well we treated XYZ."
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:00:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Silk road.  Ebay for drugs.  He didn't sell drugs, just made a tor site to facilitate illegal transactions.

26 years old at the time and he will die in prison.
View Quote

Well, yeah and he also organized some hits on people.  But....like a lot of things, half the people he was working with were FBI Informants.  And most of the people he was working against were FBI Informants, so...

(That is a fascinating story though.  I was pretty glued to the various articles and trial coverage about it.  Would like to see a Scorsese type of movie about it some day.)
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:00:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:20:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
From an Occam’s Razor perspective...

Snowden fit the classic type for espionage.  Ego driven motivations, he steals secrets and defects to Russia, where he renounced his loyalty to the United States and becomes a Russian.

Very standard.  Almost cliche.

View Quote

Just to confirm, you’re basing your assumption that what he did was driven by ego based on the “analysis” done by the HPSCI in their report, right? Or did you know him personally?

After everything you’ve seen in the past 4 years, are you telling us you trust the government to do anything other than that which increases and protects the power of the swamp?

I still don’t understand why you’re putting so much weight in the statement about allegiance to Russia. That’s more or less a universal part of every citizenship/naturalization process.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:54:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Looks like I jinxed it.
View Quote

my apologies... we can still shoot together though
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:02:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I still don’t understand why you’re putting so much weight in the statement about allegiance to Russia. That’s more or less a universal part of every citizenship/naturalization process.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Snowden fit the classic type for espionage.  Ego driven motivations, he steals secrets and defects to Russia, where he renounced his loyalty to the United States and becomes a Russian.

Because he really doesn’t have any real rational behind his hate for Snowden. All he knows is the talking head on the tv said Snowden was a bad man. So to Cincinnatus that’s all the proof he needs. He sees Snowden going through the process of applying for citizenship as the true betrayal. Nevermind that the US revoked his passport mid flight leaving him stranded with only 180 days left to make other plans. Nevermind that Snowden’s actual plans didn’t involve pledging anything the Russia, that Snowden planned to travel to South America. Nevermind the fact there has yet to be any real proof that Snowden uncovered or compromised any real assets. No, all that matters to Cincinnatus is that the TV box told him Merica, bad man, Russia and Cincinnatus went pavlovian ever since. Russia, Russia, Russia.

Snowden is a patriot. He gave up everything and risked his life to expose a lie, a lie told to the American people. A lie that has lead us to 2021. Our government is corrupt. It is broken. We are assets only as consumers and tax payers. We are slaves to the establishment. They don’t want us to make these realizations, they don’t want us to revolt, so they watch, listen, and learn all they can about all of us. Proof? Jan 6th 2021 and the subsequent days since.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:06:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Not really, David Petraeus told people what was going in open testimony before Congress (granted he didn't use classified materiel). Snowden could have gone public to the NYT or WaPo. He could have had the same balls as Daniel Ellsburg. He could have fled the US without the computer data instead of handing it off to the Russians and Chinese.

How much of what Assange does is a disinformation operation? Why do people cheer a foreign intelligence operative?
View Quote

Uhhhhh... he exposed the truth. We got to see the truth right from the fingertips of Podesta and Hillary's staff.

Disinformation? What kind of retarded shit is this? The only stuff I've ever looked at leaked from Assange has been stuff that the government claimed was stolen. Didn't even claim any was false, just stolen.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:07:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You would renounce your American citizenship and pledge loyalty to Russia?

Gross!

There are NO circumstances where I would do that. None.  Zero.

I’m sadly not surprised to see so many here who would do this.
View Quote

Yes, I would, under Snowden's circumstances. Or Snowden could have came back home to face a "fair trial", and get locked up for decades. Nah, I'll live in Russia.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:44:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Because he really doesn’t have any real rational behind his hate for Snowden. All he knows is the talking head on the tv said Snowden was a bad man. So to Cincinnatus that’s all the proof he needs. He sees Snowden going through the process of applying for citizenship as the true betrayal. Nevermind that the US revoked his passport mid flight leaving him stranded with only 180 days left to make other plans. Nevermind that Snowden’s actual plans didn’t involve pledging anything the Russia, that Snowden planned to travel to South America. Nevermind the fact there has yet to be any real proof that Snowden uncovered or compromised any real assets. No, all that matters to Cincinnatus is that the TV box told him Merica, bad man, Russia and Cincinnatus went pavlovian ever since. Russia, Russia, Russia.

Snowden is a patriot. He gave up everything and risked his life to expose a lie, a lie told to the American people. A lie that has lead us to 2021. Our government is corrupt. It is broken. We are assets only as consumers and tax payers. We are slaves to the establishment. They don’t want us to make these realizations, they don’t want us to revolt, so they watch, listen, and learn all they can about all of us. Proof? Jan 6th 2021 and the subsequent days since.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Why did Snowden release info on US spying targets in China?

Quoted:

Uhhhhh... he exposed the truth. We got to see the truth right from the fingertips of Podesta and Hillary's staff.

Disinformation? What kind of retarded shit is this? The only stuff I've ever looked at leaked from Assange has been stuff that the government claimed was stolen. Didn't even claim any was false, just stolen.

Why did Assange edit the Collateral Murder video? And why is it that even liberal Steven Colbert can call him out on it, while you snowblowers can't?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:58:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Absolutely this.  I will never understand why this is so hard for people on ar15.com of all places.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:03:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Repeating Assange's lies won't make them true. The unedited version of the video pretty clearly shows that the journalists in question were embedded with insurgents who were actively engaging US forces when they were engaged by the Apache. Accidentally killing journalists embedded with terrorists is in no way the same thing as deliberately murdering a journalist.
View Quote

The video I saw did not actually include that part.  That makes me less sympathetic to the journalist, but to my knowledge that doesn't change the legal matter: In the video that I did watch, they were aware that it was a noncombatant and had time to assess their decision, which they made quite deliberately.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:13:50 AM EDT
[#31]
If a mass murderer ate babies, as long as they were Antifa babies ARFCOM would be good with it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:19:05 AM EDT
[#32]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/29155/thats-a-bingo-1582792.jpg

add Brennan to Hang with Clapper

Commie Scum
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:40:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was in Afghanistan shortly after Snowden’s defection and disclosure. His actions significantly affected our ability to get after the Taliban.

He disclosed shit tons of classified info not related to domestic collection to our main adversaries; China and Russia.

Snowden is a traitor; anything else is noise.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:12:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Now that these two experts chimed in, my choice is so much clearer.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:04:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Well, yeah and he also organized some hits on people.  But....like a lot of things, half the people he was working with were FBI Informants.  And most of the people he was working against were FBI Informants, so...

(That is a fascinating story though.  I was pretty glued to the various articles and trial coverage about it.  Would like to see a Scorsese type of movie about it some day.)
View Quote

Except there’s literally no proof of that, no one died, and he was  never charged with that.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:11:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:14:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:18:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Assange free him Snowden lifted a lid on some serious shit but why is the Chinese Peoples (Fraudulent) Republic of China so embedded into the US government, outright cash bribes, visas, lobbying.......
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:57:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I was in Afghanistan shortly after Snowden’s defection and disclosure. His actions significantly affected our ability to get after the Taliban.

He disclosed shit tons of classified info not related to domestic collection to our main adversaries; China and Russia.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Either give specific examples or you are just spewing the same nonsensical bullshit talking points the Obama admin tried to spew when Snowden first came forward. Also, Snowden didn’t defect.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:59:59 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:00:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
. No.  I have no “hate” for Snowden.  He revealed information to our enemies which puts me and my fellow servicemen in danger.  

He took a job with the specific, premeditated intent of stealing secrets.  That job was with an element that focused on China.  He then fled with those secrets to China.

While there, he released top secret targeting data that benefited China.  He then met with Russian FSB Agents who arranged his reception in Russia.

I don’t “hate” him for that.  I simply recognize him for what he is.
He is a Russian patriot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because he really doesn’t have any real rational behind his hate for Snowden. All he knows is the talking head on the tv said Snowden was a bad man.  
. No.  I have no “hate” for Snowden.  He revealed information to our enemies which puts me and my fellow servicemen in danger.  

He took a job with the specific, premeditated intent of stealing secrets.  That job was with an element that focused on China.  He then fled with those secrets to China.

While there, he released top secret targeting data that benefited China.  He then met with Russian FSB Agents who arranged his reception in Russia.

Snowden is a patriot...

He is a Russian patriot.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:01:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

You want him to reveal on this website, the specific, classified information that affected our ability to confront the enemy?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Either give specific examples or you are just spewing the same nonsensical bullshit talking points the Obama admin tried to spew when Snowden first came forward. Also, Snowden didn’t defect.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/temp-95.gif

You want him to reveal on this website, the specific, classified information that affected our ability to confront the enemy?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:04:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:11:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Well, if you want to ever know the illegal things your government is doing, you'd better not support locking up and destroying the people who tell you about the illegal things your government is doing.

Or, you're not going to know very much.

On the other hand, if you'd rather just not know.  Then, yeah, burn those whistleblowers to the ground.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:11:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Every word I posted is a verified fact -except my describing him as a “Russian patriot.  That is an interpretation, based on the facts.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:16:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

He is a Russian patriot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because he really doesn’t have any real rational behind his hate for Snowden. All he knows is the talking head on the tv said Snowden was a bad man.  

Snowden is a patriot...

He is a Russian patriot.

In the end........this.

Can't get past his sucking China and Russian cock.

Fuck him.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:27:15 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Well, if you want to ever know the illegal things your government is doing, you'd better not support locking up and destroying the people who tell you about the illegal things your government is doing.

Or, you're not going to know very much.

On the other hand, if you'd rather just not know.  Then, yeah, burn those whistleblowers to the ground.
View Quote

You have information let's say that can only get out if it kills American soldiers, etc.

I just couldn't do that.  I'd swear and yell but I just couldn't do that.  I ain't wired that way.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:28:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:04:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Assange is perhaps the world’s greatest advocate for free speech and freedom of the press.

Snowden exposed unbelievable criminality and abuse of citizens’ rights at the hands of their own government. Whatever else you might say of him, that outweighs it IMO.

Stop blaming everything on Russia, you sound like a goddamn democrat.

INB4 Josh yells at us to read the HPSCI report in Snowden? Because I have, it’s garbage, just like every disgusting swamp creature in Washington.
View Quote

this.
THIS...
THISSSS.....
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:35:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

The Taliban, been chasing the goat fuckers for almost 20 years now and for what?

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top